Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

speaking English -my greatest problem ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / speaking English -my greatest problem ? (874 Views)

The Problem Of Nigeria Started With Confusion In Speaking English / Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? / Common Errors We Often Make When Speaking English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

speaking English -my greatest problem ? by highscript(m): 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hello nairalanders .
How can I build more confidence speaking English ?
I'm dead sure if I were to be placed on a polygraph desk for test ((lie detector)) I will fail woefully when I'm being question in English even if I'm honest because the thing works reading heart beat and sweat glands.

I'm trying writing English down (at least 60%) but when it comes to spoken aspect you will think someone accused me of an offence punishable by death the way I will be sweating.
There was a day I ve mastered few words I will say to one girl I'm meeting for the first time,but witches in my village have plans for me big time because I didn't know she will tell me ""nice meeting you"" I rushed to say "it was my plesor" (wrong grammar with Yoruba intonation) .that moment all I want was to disappear. I swear I'm still regretting meeting her because of those two errors..

I use to disturb mtn customer care but its not working too because there are lots of errors even when we are having little discussions on lets say ""caller tune"" .when their representative say sorry after my gbagaun -I will just cut,rest and tell myself 'see your life at the ceremony' .
If I say a sentence in English you will still smell Yoruba in it.

Pls I need help .
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by highscript(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
Part of it is part of it POLICEMAN'S TROUSER .
CC: Mynd44, lalasticlala obinoscopy seun
Come and push pls
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
Try and get books regards to Grammar rules....

Start from there, I believe it will help
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by Smallpastor(m): 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
i av the same problem too but u av to ask google for help
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by highscript(m): 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2017
Zita55:
Try and get books regards to Grammar rules....

Start from there, I believe it will help
The problem is the connection of my brain and my mouth when it involves speaking English . They are enemy of each other .
I will understand what the book is saying and put it into use when writing but the book wont teach me how to talk now.
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by Iolite(f): 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2017
Read books.
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2017
Buy English CDz
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by ITbomb(m): 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
You were born to be a programmer, fvrk Spoken English
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by highscript(m): 4:27pm On Mar 20, 2017
ITbomb:
You were born to be a programmer, fvrk Spoken English
lol boss ,is it because of the 'script' at the end of 'high' . I cant do shiƮt in programming
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by highscript(m): 5:30pm On Mar 20, 2017
airmirthd1:
Buy English CDz
as in films ?
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
highscript:
as in films ?
Yes
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by Sijo01(f): 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
I'm not sure your problem is spoken English because you write well. I think your fear/disgust is your tick yoruba tonantion. You're afraid to speak because of your accent cry

1 Like

Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by highscript(m): 6:30pm On Mar 20, 2017
airmirthd1:

Yes
it's helping a lil bit
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by highscript(m): 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2017
Sijo01:
I'm not sure your problem is spoken English because you write well. I think your fear/disgust is your tick yoruba tonantion. You're afraid to speak because of your accent cry
ehn ehn,fear is another thing ,I always try my best to be perfect in everything I do . Even when I'm walking I use to ask myself " is this the way Norma people walk ?
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by Sijo01(f): 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
highscript:
ehn ehn,fear is another thing ,I always try my best to be perfect in everything I do . Even when I'm walking I use to ask myself " is this the way Norma people walk ?

Oga, your inferiority complex get spiritual backing. I nor fit eep you, sorry embarassed
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by fdnoble2(m): 11:54pm On Mar 20, 2017
american movies fit help you if you can follow simple procedures

1 Like

Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by johnoris(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
Lol..... Ok..... Let me say this... You write well.... You re very good, you just have to calm down...... You have to understand that you have nothing to be afraid of.... 1. You need a close somebody (someone you are not afraid of or shy to... Be it male or female friend, girlfriend, brother, sister or anybody close to you) that you can speak English language with freely... 2. Watch English movies (i would suggest u watch AMERICAN MOVIES) with subtitled versions... I think these two clues should go a long way

1 Like

Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by highscript(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
johnoris:
Lol..... Ok..... Let me say this... You write well.... You re very good, you just have to calm down...... You have to understand that you have nothing to be afraid of.... 1. You need a close somebody (someone you are not afraid of or shy to... Be it male or female friend, girlfriend, brother, sister or anybody close to you) that you can speak English language with freely... 2. Watch English movies (i would suggest u watch AMERICAN MOVIES) with subtitled versions... I think these two clues should go a long way
I appreciate bro ... Thanks a lot
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by topstar80(m): 6:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
Before speaking out, imagine the words.. and speak them out like you are reading what you wrote.. . Just do it calmly..

1 Like

Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by highscript(m): 7:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
topstar80:
Before speaking out, imagine the words.. and speak them out like you are reading what you wrote.. . Just do it calmly..
tnx
Re: speaking English -my greatest problem ? by alleazardous(m): 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
Read novels

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Psychologist, Students Get In Here.. Maslow And Alderfer Theory / Radiography Or Pharmacy? / 2018 Waec Timetable May/june

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.