Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 (5113 Views)

Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany Hensel Pose In Bikini [photos] / Eddie Murphy's Queen In Coming To America Is 50 - See What She Looks Like Now / Rumour! Hollywood Actor - Eddie Murphy Dies In Snowboard Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by mohawkchic(f): 9:59pm On Dec 20, 2009
~"Actress Brittany Murphy has died following a cardiac arrest, according to website TMZ.com.

The Los Angeles City Fire Department told TMZ that they received a call at 8am this morning to a home listed as belonging to Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack.

The 32-year-old actress was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre and pronounced dead on arrival, according to the report.

TMZ sources say the 32-year-old actress' mother discovered her unconscious in the shower.

The website says that when paramedics arrived, they quickly determined Murphy was in full cardiac arrest and immediately administered CPR.They continued CPR en route to Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre. Murphy was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital.

LA County Coroner's Office is expected to launch an investigation.Jeanne Wolf, Editor of Parade Magazine, told Sky News that Murphy suffered from a heart murmur. "This is a girl who was so full of life," she said. "She lit up the room when she entered. To think of her dying so young is very, very sad."

Murphy starred in 'Clueless' and '8 Mile'.

Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by THEAMAKA1: 10:00pm On Dec 20, 2009
OMG!!! i remember her!!!
sooooooo sad. . .
i used to watch Clueless back in the day!! that was one of my favorite shows. embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry
i remember she had red hair.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by mohawkchic(f): 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2009
~It's really sad! She's the same age as me! Sudden death like this is always a reminder "Life Is What It Is!" The Here & the Now! No guarantee for "Tomorrow"
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by THEAMAKA1: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2009
youre 32? i thought you were way younger, like 24. lol
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by ubiaa5(f): 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2009
Very sad r.i.p.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by mohawkchic(f): 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

youre 32? i thought you were way younger, like 24. lol

~I Wish!! grin All of 32 & I'm hoping/looking forward to double it. . God Willing
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by dominique(f): 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2009
OMG so sad!!! cry cry she was so cute in clueless then she started loosing weight and looking unhealthy. i wont be surprised if the death is related to the acute weight loss (posh spice should better watch out).

RIP Brit  sad cry cry
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by H2O2: 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2009
Heart attack at an early age. Na wa o
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by SisiKill1: 11:09pm On Dec 20, 2009
Eating Disorder or drugs or both.

Loved her in 8mile and Girl Interrupted. Thought she was adorable in Clueless. . ."Rolling with the Homies"

Sigh! Hollywood sure knows how to eat 'em up and spit 'em out.

RIP Luanne sad
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by H2O2: 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2009
Yeah maybe anorexia &or hard drugs.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by Epi: 11:25pm On Dec 20, 2009
Such a tragedy. May her soul RIP cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by dominique(f): 11:25pm On Dec 20, 2009
was she really 32 she looks at least 45 in this picture undecided

Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by MrCrackles(m): 11:27pm On Dec 20, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by kadman(m): 11:29pm On Dec 20, 2009
It's a very sad day, Was about to open a thread but been in shock. I so loved her as a loonie in "Girl Interrputed".
I urge everyone not to make stupid speculations till an autospy is carried out, the truth always comes out.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by kayc33(m): 11:33pm On Dec 20, 2009
so sad
RIP lady
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by ruffrider(f): 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2009
My prayers are with the family and friends
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by SisiKill1: 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2009
It's no secret she was an anorexic drug user. . .both of which can cause heart failure.

@ dominique
That's what happens to your body when you snort and don't eat.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by init4dmoni(m): 12:10am On Dec 21, 2009
sad((((
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by shollyaj(m): 12:51am On Dec 21, 2009
Ooooh so sad
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by TOPE20001(f): 1:55am On Dec 21, 2009
Its so SAD cry cry
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by H2O2: 2:00am On Dec 21, 2009
Tope you and that your oshodi isale face. If I catch you ehn, I go chop you well well.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by Madukaele(m): 2:16am On Dec 21, 2009
America Celeb Brittney is dead, Died this sunday evening for more latest info breakingnewsgb..com

Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by SeanT21(f): 2:38am On Dec 21, 2009
dominique:

was she really 32 she looks at least 45 in this picture undecided

This is a sad story but U just made me laugh out loud. Damn you. tongue

@topic

I loved her in Sister, Sister. I am waiting for 2009 to be over already. A horrible year for celebs.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by THEAMAKA1: 2:40am On Dec 21, 2009
thanks! i was gonna ask if that was the girl who played "denise" from sister, sister.
i thought maybe i was just confused.
i remember that smoking episode.
sister,sister still remains one of my favorite shows and i still watch it up till this day. lol
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by SeanT21(f): 2:43am On Dec 21, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

thanks! i was gonna ask if that was the girl who played "denise" from sister, sister.
i thought maybe i was just confused.
i remember that smoking episode.
sister,sister still remains one of my favorite shows and i still watch it up till this day. lol

Where do U see it?? Disney Channel still show it? It was my fave show when I came here. I was so stuck on it that I used to miss school just to watch it. She was Tamara's best friend I think..
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by THEAMAKA1: 2:46am On Dec 21, 2009
SeanT21:

Where do U see it?? Disney Channel still show it? It was my fave show when I came here. I was so stuck on it that I used to miss school just to watch it. She was Tamara's best friend I think..
YEP!!
but Disney stopped showing it YEARS ago!!
i think sometimes in the morning they do it on ABCFamily, the Gospel Music Channel on weekdays sometime in the evening (i think only certain kinds of cable have this channel) and WGN which is a Chicago network. (im not sure if they still show it, but ill check.)
give me some minutes while i go and check my TV, ill be back with my final response. lol
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by SeanT21(f): 2:59am On Dec 21, 2009
Yes, they also stopped showing Boy Meets World. cry Now they show crap like Hannah Montana and Phil of the Future. I used to see it on ABC family in the morning. Dont know if they still show it.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by THEAMAKA1: 3:00am On Dec 21, 2009
ABCFamily is going to be showing nothing but Christmas movies for the next week (a week is as far as it goes) and WGN, i dont think they show it anymore. Gospel Music Channel is showing nothing but Christmas stuff for the next week too.
maybe when Christmas blows over, everything will go back to normal.

SeanT21:

Yes, they also stopped showing Boy Meets World. cry Now they show crap like Hannah Montana and Phil of the Future. I used to see it on ABC family in the morning. Dont know if they still show it.
they stopped showing phil of the future a long time ago! lol that show sucked!!
AND I HATE HANNAH MONTANA angry
where is Raven? that was one of my favorite shows on Disney. embarassed
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by SeanT21(f): 3:06am On Dec 21, 2009
I hated Raven. All that seeing the future crap scared me. Plus, Chelsea always playing dumb was killing it for me. I have not watched Disney in a while, I don't know what they show anymore. Phil Of The Future was popular the last time I came across it.

Did U catch Tia in "The Game" on BET before it cancelled. Tamara used to be in Strong Medicine on lifetime but I think it also got cancelled. I hope they make a comeback

Do they still play RAVEN??
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by THEAMAKA1: 3:10am On Dec 21, 2009
SeanT21:

I hated Raven. All that seeing the future crap scared me. Plus, Chelsea always playing dumb was killing it for me. I have not watched Disney in a while, I don't know what they show anymore. Phil Of The Future was popular the last time I came across it.

Did U catch Tia in "The Game" on BET before it cancelled. Tamara used to be in Strong Medicine on lifetime but I think it also got cancelled. I hope they make a comeback

Do they still play RAVEN??
lolol!!! i loved raven grin grin grin grin
they cancelled it but they still show old episodes around midnight or something like that.
i never watched the game, saw 3 episodes and didnt like it. i didnt know it got cancelled?!?! shocked shocked shocked it seems the show just started last year or just two years ago. i guess they didnt have enough viewers or something.
i used to watch strong medicine before it was cancelled too, that was my show! grin
i do hope they make a comeback though, maybe they should do a hollywood movie or something.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by SeanT21(f): 3:16am On Dec 21, 2009
The Game got cancelled when it was just getting interesting because it had bad viewers. I hope BET picks it up and stop showing crap like Keyshia Cole and her crackhead mama. The only good thing to watch now is The Real Housewives and Jackson family dynasty.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by THEAMAKA1: 3:27am On Dec 21, 2009
i dont even watch housewives, im tired of reality shows sef.
and when did the jackson dynasty start? shocked what station plays it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tae Heckard DENIES Snatching Nelly From Ashanti-details / This Wedding Photo Got Me Thinking- Drop Your Caption. / “who The Fvck Is Laycon? Look At Him?” – Erica And Kiddwaya Bodyshames Laycon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.