Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

I Didn’t Reject Title From Olubadan, Says Tinubu - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Didn’t Reject Title From Olubadan, Says Tinubu (296 Views)

I Was Lucky I Didn’t Know A Snake Was Above My Head / Apc’s Three Years Better Than Pdp’s 16 Years, Says Tinubu / I Didn’t Plan To Have Children From Different Women –shina Peters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Didn’t Reject Title From Olubadan, Says Tinubu by africanb(m): 10:13am On Mar 21, 2017
I didn’t reject title from Olubadan, says Tinubu

Former Lagos State Governor and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has given a lie to speculation in some quarters that he rejected a chieftaincy title from the Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji, Ajeogungunniso I.
A report in the gossip column of a national newspaper had claimed that Tinubu turned down the conferment of the chieftaincy title of Balogun on him by Oba Adetunji.
In a statement released on Monday by the Tinubu Media Office, the former Lagos State Governor said he holds the Olubadan of Ibadan in very high esteem and could not have rejected a chieftaincy offer from him.
He said in the statement: “The Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji, is one traditional ruler I have tremendous respect for. I was there in Ibadan last year for his installation.
“I hold him in high esteem. Governor Abiola Ajimobi also has respect for him. Why I would I reject the offer of a chieftaincy title from him?”
www.theeagleonline.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Scammers Have Started Again (smishing) / NAPS Kicks Against Corrupt Rectors / Bike-skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.