Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,163 members, 7,780,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:14 AM

'' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' (5598 Views)

Guy Posted His Girlfriend Picture But What Befell Him Was Not What He Expected / Is Neice Inviting Me. To Bang Her / Help! My Landlady Keeps Inviting Me To The Other Room. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by mctowel01: 5:21am On Mar 23, 2017
This is one of the crazy dating practices I am yet to understand. I can't pay anyone's transportation fare to meet for a date, especially when we didn't go together. It doesn't make sense. Do your parents give transport fare to friends when they come visiting? Infanct, it nullifies the essense of the visit. One can drive her to a busstop or back home, if convenient, but paying tfare is just stupid.

3 Likes

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by mctowel01: 5:25am On Mar 23, 2017
Eghostwriter:
I . I hate when situations leave me confused.
Advice please.
If you are a broke student, stay away from rich guys. Stop asking for transport money... Thats cheap. And why are you confused? face your studies and stop hoping to be elevated by a rich guy you have no idea how much he had to do to get to that level. Opportunist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Nobody: 5:35am On Mar 23, 2017
Jeez., with all these beheading and rituals, girls still travel long distance to see people they met online... Wow!!!.. Love is indeed a dangerous thing.... Before u go, be sure to inform your family or friends... So they can trace him should anything happen to u...

2 Likes

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
So you would have travelled fifteen hours by road, Nigerian road for that matter to meet a total stranger because of what he told you online

I swear you no get sense.

How do know he can afford to pay for a flight for you?
The lies he told you abi?

Now say after me
''Lord Jesus, anywhere my sense has been buried (that is if you ever had any), I uproot it by fire''

Say it 1000 times.

Make sure you are shaking that your empty head vigorously while praying this prayer.
You deserve to be used for rituals
Ode!!!
u done burst my head oooo...

1 Like

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Shossie(f): 7:06am On Mar 23, 2017
Eghostwriter:
I got chatting with this guy after he sent me a DM on IG. Voice calls, video calls, pictures exchange and things started getting emotional (or so I thought). He started inviting me over to visit (which he had done from the first day we spoke), but i was busy and couldn't find time. We continued chatting and after some time he invited me again and we finally fixed a date.

A day to the planned date i was so excited and had already packed my things. I was daydreaming about all the fun things we were going to do together but I was also worried about the fact that he hadn't mentioned anything about sending me transport fare. Now this is a journey that will take about 15+ hours so you can estimate the price. Even with the long distance i was willing to travel by road for just a 4day trip because i really liked this guy.

The night before i was supposed to travel i asked him if he was going to watch me pay the bus fare. His reply really shocked me. '' I'm surprised you're asking for transport fare. We'll chat when I get home''. He called back few hours later and we spoke like people who couldn't wait to see each other, but to my surprise he still didn't mention anything. The next day I was ready and waiting for him to call to ask for my bank details so I'll just go to the ATM before going to the bus station. He called later that afternoon (after i had gotten angry and unpacked), what he asked left me angry and confused, '' babe how far, hope you're already on your way?''. I just laughed and dropped the call. He sent me a message on whatsapp and I told him I wasn't coming because, one, as a student i can't use such amount of money to travel to see a guy. Two, I was going to travel all that distance for him and the least he could do to be nice and show we were in this together was to pay the bus fare. Three, he invited me over.

Then he started accusing me of not wanting to see him and acting Irresponsible. Out of anger i just replied yes. And that was our last conversation. What I don't understand is why he acted the way he did, because he's doing well financially to afford even flight tickets. Three weeks after and still no 'hi' from him. I hate when situations leave me confused.
Advice please.
It is a good thing you didn't go, but babe, you get mind oo, travelling to a place for like 15 hours and I am sure your folks won't know about it, what if there was an accident on the way? You could have told him to come and he will lodge. Please don't even try such, you just met him, you don't know his true nature, if you know someone else in that state he is, that would have been better. Just forget about him, his behaviour just made his intentions known.

1 Like

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by icedpope93: 7:10am On Mar 23, 2017
Dojupyo:
Baby, e good like that.. You don't know what God may have prevented... Meeting strangers in their own house have left people or their FAM in agony...

#yhu knw wah am saying#
True talk.
Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by KennyID17(m): 7:27am On Mar 23, 2017
SUPERPACK:
Text RELATIONSHIP to 131

Savage grin grin grin
Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by KennyID17(m): 7:31am On Mar 23, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
So you would have travelled fifteen hours by road, Nigerian road for that matter to meet a total stranger because of what he told you online

Now say after me
''Lord Jesus, anywhere my sense has been buried (that is if you ever had any), I uproot it by fire''

Say it 1000 times.

Make sure you are shaking that your empty head vigorously while praying this prayer.
Ode!!!

Best advice So far! grin grin grin, op if I were u, I would take that prayer seriously ooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 23, 2017
Some girls won't stop to amaze me, how do you know he's doing well? Long throat no go kill you

1 Like

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 23, 2017
Op not until dem use u for rituals ur leg no go stay one placecheesy.be jumping from one guy pad to another wey u meet for social media.understand that most guys who go on social media arranging sexual tryst with babes are not serious guys.He's probably done it with numerous other babes.And of course he can afford to pay ur transport fare but na im jus no wan pay.he just want to chop u and fling u away so abeg be wise.get a serious boyfriend and do away with social media fukboys looking for cheap kpanshing.wise up oo b4 u go come here again wailing that all men are evil and blah blah blacheesy.

1 Like

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 23, 2017
Oyind18:
Some girls won't stop to amaze me, how do you know he's doing well? Long throat no go kill you
he probably told her he"s related to Dino Melaye cheesy.how u doin jor?..gud morning.

1 Like

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 23, 2017
Rubbish!
Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Ranchhoddas: 8:45am On Mar 23, 2017
HarunaWest:

you could have adviced her without having to throw insults... learn to be human
I was not advising her, I was yabbing her.
Mind your damn business!!!

2 Likes

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 23, 2017
lefulefu:

he probably told her he"s related to Dino Melaye cheesy.how u doin jor?..gud morning.
Morning my brother, I dey fine by God's grace.

The op is not wise a bitgrin
Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 23, 2017
Oyind18:
Morning my brother, I dey fine by God's grace.

The op is not wise a bitgrin
this is why u see a lot of young girls get attacked and raped by psychos they meet on social media.she meet guy for instagram and the guy invite her come im pad and true true she enter transport dey go dere grin.wat of if d guy na ritualist cheesy.some babes get fish brain sha cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by malikombi(m): 9:43am On Mar 23, 2017
don't be naive. he was by far smarter than you

1 Like

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 23, 2017
lefulefu:

this is why u see a lot of young girls get attacked and raped by psychos they meet on social media.she meet guy for instagram and the guy invite her come im pad and true true she enter transport dey go dere grin.wat of if d guy na ritualist cheesy.some babes get fish brain sha cheesy.
15 hours means she dey travel from either East to North. That girl na real mugu. She want carry herself go give man to drill grin

2 Likes

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 23, 2017
OP.... Let me just remind you that judgment will be delivered in the trial for the murder of Cynthia Osokogu young pretty lady who took an expense paid flight to meet total strangers she was murdered 4 yrs ago at age 24.......young woman please be wise your parents sent you to school and not instagram...... Acquire an education and get a job be comfortable..... You might in your line of duty encounter the next president...... Ask Victoria Gowon or Stella Obasanjo

1 Like

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 23, 2017
Communication is what kills us sometimes. You would have told him from the onset...

"Id love to come, but i dont have transport fare"..

You wait for his response and see how he reacts towards it.
He may have sent it...who knows?

Another option is to go with your own money (to and fro) to avoid stories that touch the heart.

Everything is a risk....

while this trip may have worked well for some, its advisable not to meet people you do not know especially far destinations.

1 Like

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by baralatie(m): 11:06am On Mar 23, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Now say after me

Say it 1000 times.

Ode!!!
Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by samtol4(m): 11:09am On Mar 23, 2017
Eghostwriter:

Hmm. Maybe. But he could have at least asked me to borrow.
Never travel to see a guy in his house for the first time . Ritualist don't have stamp on the forehead .Travelling for 15hours should be what a guy should do If he loves . Don't risk your life

1 Like

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by samtol4(m): 11:11am On Mar 23, 2017
Maychang:
Communication is what kills us sometimes. You would have told him from the onset...

"Id love to come, but i dont have transport fare"..

You wait for his response and see how he reacts towards it.
He may have sent it...who knows?

Another option is to go with your own money (to and fro) to avoid stories that touch the heart.

Everything is a risk....

while this trip may have worked well for some, its advisable not to meet people you do not know especially far destinations.
No point asking for fare . The guy should travel to see her if he is serious ! Life has no duplicate if she travel and she is gang raped and use for money rituals what will she tell her maker .

1 Like

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by samtol4(m): 11:13am On Mar 23, 2017
lefulefu:

While her parents expect her to be class she is busy travelling from Sokoto abi yola to Lagos to see a guy.

2 Likes

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by ofonike: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2017
Girls bad, I don send fare to one babe, since 2014 I still dey wait for am. No blame d guy I beg.

1 Like

Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2017
samtol4:
While her parents expect her to be class she is busy travelling from Sokoto abi yola to Lagos to see a guy.
na their way na grin.. grin.immediately a guy for facebook or instagram don give them d impression say im get money na for dem to pack their bags travel over long distance to meet the stranger..when probably her mates dey class dey study grin.anyway facebook/instagram prostitution no be new thing.when i dey school a number of babes dey do the racket.
Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by iykofias(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Now say after me

Say it 1000 times.

Ode!!!
bro, why evil....LMAO
Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Eghostwriter(f): 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
samtol4:
Never travel to see a guy in his house for the first time . Ritualist don't have stamp on the forehead .Travelling for 15hours should be what a guy should do If he loves . Don't risk your life

Word! Thanks.
Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Eghostwriter(f): 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
Shossie:
It is a good thing you didn't go, but babe, you get mind oo, travelling to a place for like 15 hours and I am sure your folks won't know about it, what if there was an accident on the way? You could have told him to come and he will lodge. Please don't even try such, you just met him, you don't know his true nature, if you know someone else in that state he is, that would have been better. Just forget about him, his behaviour just made his intentions known.

He said he couldn't make it because of work. It was all for good i see now. Thanks.
Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by Eghostwriter(f): 1:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
mctowel01:

If you are a broke student, stay away from rich guys. Stop asking for transport money... Thats cheap. And why are you confused? face your studies and stop hoping to be elevated by a rich guy you have no idea how much he had to do to get to that level. Opportunist

Alright. Thanks.
Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by ghost3040: 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
BROS U TOO MUCH ABEG...I FOR DASH U 50000 LIKES BUT NA ONLY ONE I FIT GIVE NOW..MANAGE AM ABEG.
Ranchhoddas:

Now say after me

Say it 1000 times.

Ode!!!
Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by ghost3040: 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2017
YEAH U RIGHT...U CAN PAY ME A VISIT AS WELL AND I WILL PAY FOR UR TRANSPORT..PM ME
Eghostwriter:

Yea that's true. Too bad i had to suffer for their sins.
Re: '' After Inviting Me Over, He Expected Me To Pay The Transport Fare'' by dadexcel: 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
Eghostwriter:
I got chatting with this guy after he sent me a DM on IG. Voice calls, video calls, pictures exchange and things started getting emotional (or so I thought). He started inviting me over to visit (which he had done from the first day we spoke), but i was busy and couldn't find time. We continued chatting and after some time he invited me again and we finally fixed a date.

A day to the planned date i was so excited and had already packed my things. I was daydreaming about all the fun things we were going to do together but I was also worried about the fact that he hadn't mentioned anything about sending me transport fare. Now this is a journey that will take about 15+ hours so you can estimate the price. Even with the long distance i was willing to travel by road for just a 4day trip because i really liked this guy.

The night before i was supposed to travel i asked him if he was going to watch me pay the bus fare. His reply really shocked me. '' I'm surprised you're asking for transport fare. We'll chat when I get home''. He called back few hours later and we spoke like people who couldn't wait to see each other, but to my surprise he still didn't mention anything. The next day I was ready and waiting for him to call to ask for my bank details so I'll just go to the ATM before going to the bus station. He called later that afternoon (after i had gotten angry and unpacked), what he asked left me angry and confused, '' babe how far, hope you're already on your way?''. I just laughed and dropped the call. He sent me a message on whatsapp and I told him I wasn't coming because, one, as a student i can't use such amount of money to travel to see a guy. Two, I was going to travel all that distance for him and the least he could do to be nice and show we were in this together was to pay the bus fare. Three, he invited me over.

Then he started accusing me of not wanting to see him and acting Irresponsible. Out of anger i just replied yes. And that was our last conversation. What I don't understand is why he acted the way he did, because he's doing well financially to afford even flight tickets. Three weeks after and still no 'hi' from him. I hate when situations leave me confused.
Advice please.
........ My dear, what I am going to say might not be very sweet to the ears but its the obvious fact.... The young man acted that way because he felt you wear cheap.. Because you obviously also behaved like a cheap lady (dont get me wrong, I am not saying you are cheap), but your actions and attitude siggested that and the natural instinct in the average man took over. My dear, for goodness sakes I do not see why you should be the first to not just visit a man you met online but also to spend four days and four nights with him, really? Is that how easy things have becone... I believe a lady should show bsyond every reasonable doubt why she is worth a mans chase.... Because at the end of the day, you chase what doesnt naturally come to you. Ideally, if that guy meant well and really want something lasting and not just for the short while, he should not be I a haste to invite you over not to even talk about doing if on the first chat. Please learnt your lessons and give people reason to value your person . .. God bless you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vaseline Squad! Bumped Into My Friend Masturbating Over These Pictures / Lol!! I Opened Facebook And This Is What I Saw (Pics) / My Boyfriend Prefers To fūck Me Inside The Bathroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.