Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF (18718 Views)

Babachir Lawal Diverted N450M Out Of 530M From PINE - Senate / I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Limitednow: 3:49am On Mar 23, 2017
THE Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir David Lawal, has said he will not appear before the Senate panel today, citing a subsisting court case on the matter.

A Senate ad-hoc panel had summoned the SGF over alleged fraud in the award of contract by the defunct Presidential Initiative on North East (PINE).

But the SGF said in a letter addressed to the chairman of the panel, Senator Shehu Sani (APC, Kaduna) yesterday that he would not be able to appear before the committee because he had gone to court to challenge the invitation.

Babachir came under allegations that PINE, which is under his office, used the sum of N270 million in clearing grasses in some communities in the North East as part of the programmes under the initiative.

PINE was also alleged to have spent the sum of N188m for Nigerian refugees living in Minawao, Republic of Cameroon.

His personal company was alleged to have been the ultimate beneficiary of the contract through a proxy.

The Senate in October last year constituted the ad-hoc committee to conduct a public hearing to ascertain how much was released to PINE and how it utilized the funds.

The committee was also mandated to investigate allegations of diversion of grains and other food items from the Strategic Grain Reserves, the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and other sources for the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).

Although the panel held a 3-day public hearing between December 6 and 8, 2016, some of the invited stakeholders, including the SGF, did not attend the session.

The committee's report indicted the SGF as a result of which the Senate resolved that he should resign and face prosecution for alleged fraud.

The Senate also said it would provide evidence against the SGF to President Muhammadu Buhari in order to sack him.

But the SGF said he was not invited by the ad-hoc committee during the investigation and accused the Senate of not giving him fair hearing.

Following the indictment, President Buhari ordered the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister for Justice, Abubakar Malami, to investigate the allegations.

The Attoney General’s investigation cleared the SGF and the president in a letter dated January 24 communicated the outcome to the Senate.

Consequently, the ad-hoc panel re-invited Lawal in a letter dated March 15, to appear before it today as part of efforts to give him fair hearing on the matter, a request the SGF turned down yesterday.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/03/pine-fraud-why-i-will-not-appear-before-the-senate-sgf/

3 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by mykelmeezy: 4:02am On Mar 23, 2017
he knows he has the support of one buhari like that.....

smh for this grasscutter

seems its the season of proving how powerless the senate are

abeg seun i want my FTC price in bitcoin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Limitednow: 4:04am On Mar 23, 2017
Disobedience everywhere, it was Ali earlier, now na Lawal

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by madridguy(m): 4:06am On Mar 23, 2017
Babachir Lawal tongue Sai Baba you need to show this man exit door.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Nkemtreasure: 4:08am On Mar 23, 2017
This 8th Senate is just a drama house. They have no effect.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by DonLo: 4:11am On Mar 23, 2017
Everybody is just disobeying the Senate up and down, using court case as an excuse. Are we sure we're ready for democracy?

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Taich(m): 4:18am On Mar 23, 2017
I just don't get it in Nigeria anymore. I pity the poor in this country because is very obvious they are the ones the laws are meant to keep in check. From the presidency to Legislators even the Judiciary in Nigeria are just plain joke. Presidency doesn't obey court orders, Senate president has corruption cases unanswered. Judges are arrested in the middle of the night for corruption charges, Efcc doesn't know how much they have recovered. Senate at war with Customs and now this. When will this government have time and plan for governance?¿ #warwithoutend

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Atiku2019: 4:30am On Mar 23, 2017
Above the Law cool
Military Government cry

18 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by greatgod2012(f): 4:37am On Mar 23, 2017
Honestly, the dramas of this APC led administration is just too many!

So many dramas from the presidency to the Senate to the appointees and down down down!

Two more years, a lot of dramas will still unfold! Let me just cross my legs and be watching them as they unfolds!

These people have turned governance to shows of comedy!

Our politicians are now above the law!

SGF,,carry dey go, Ali did his own, it's now your own turn, we don't know yet whose turn it's going to be tomorrow!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by kolado(m): 4:44am On Mar 23, 2017
A classic situation of power tussle where the hunted become the hunter and hunt the hunted. We are still in the wilderness in this country.

5 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Mynd44: 4:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by dikeigbo2(m): 5:25am On Mar 23, 2017
I dey laff in swahili...makalele...makalele grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by cktheluckyman: 5:34am On Mar 23, 2017
Very easy to deal.Saraki should just allocate zero allocation to their offices in the budget until the court judgement

11 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Nwodosis(m): 5:41am On Mar 23, 2017
Why won't you appear? Were you also asked to appear in SGF uniform?

32 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by rusher14: 5:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Himself no wan wear SGF uniform ne?

Anyway it's time to ramp up the CCT against Saraki.
Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Grundig: 5:51am On Mar 23, 2017
See what The national assembly has been reduced to. Everybody disobeying summons.

Even the NASS is not helping its own course.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by KINGOFTHEEAST: 6:17am On Mar 23, 2017
Allocate zero allocation to their offices full stop

12 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by KINGOFTHEEAST: 6:17am On Mar 23, 2017
How ll Yoruba Muslims defend this

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Funlordmaniac(m): 6:34am On Mar 23, 2017
KINGOFTHEEAST:

Or which wailing technique would igbo quarter cast jews use in weeping about this nigerian issue again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by TPAND(f): 7:02am On Mar 23, 2017
The men of Integrity.

APC followers are followers indeed

11 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 23, 2017
This yeye senate wey no get single brain.

Drabeey was HERE

1 Like

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by geostrata(m): 9:07am On Mar 23, 2017
cheesy
Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by veekid(m): 9:07am On Mar 23, 2017
Na Buhari regime now; do anyhow

9 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:07am On Mar 23, 2017
This Man (SFG) is still in ds government? I give up on fighting corruption......

13 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by ALAYORMII: 9:08am On Mar 23, 2017
Why are all these people disobeying the Sinators??

The arrogance being displayed by these people must have the backing of the Presidency

8 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Tazdroid(m): 9:08am On Mar 23, 2017
Hmm
Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Galaxies01: 9:08am On Mar 23, 2017
ok
Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Tazdroid(m): 9:08am On Mar 23, 2017
Limitednow:
As in eh? The Senators are losing face in the eyes of Nigerians. They are revealing where there are hearts truly lie.....in their pock---

2 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Mandesz(m): 9:08am On Mar 23, 2017
until buhari remove diz man, he's fooling himself on good governance n anti-corruption war

6 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by Sanchez01: 9:09am On Mar 23, 2017
Limitednow:
All thanks to Buhari. I wish a move could be made on his impeachment. The man is seriously giving his corrupt officials some extra livers.

13 Likes

Re: PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF by LajaLaba: 9:09am On Mar 23, 2017
KINGOFTHEEAST:
u be confirm IPOB Igbo grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Blasts Oshiomhole On Committees’ Chairmanship Remark / Diezani Was Not Arrested, Only Invited, Says Family / Buhari Mulls Cabinet Reshuffle Ahead Of 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.