Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,002 members, 7,799,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu (10690 Views)

Do Not Accept A Banking Job - I Refused To Listen / Penjamin Franklin: I Refused My Female Boss Sex & She Sacked Me / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Liznix: 7:05am On Mar 23, 2017
Good day house

Decided to bring this here to seek other opinions as well especially from those who have had similar issues and how they resolved such or those who are versed in labor laws give advice.

OK. So I worked for this Nigerian owned FMCG located at lagos and was with them for some months. I was laid of sometime last year.

Before I left there were some months outstanding expenses I made yet to be paid.

My pension deductions which is supposed to be remmited monthly was not paid till date even though they were deducting monthly from my pay.(note they have my pension details as it was filled alongside my employment form) .

I learnt some staff who have been with them up to 3 years have also not been paid pensions deductions as well but coy has been taking from them.( Is there no law against this ?? )

It was also stated in my employment letter that I was to be paid a months salary in event THEY terminated my employment which they did.

Till date all this have not been paid. Its been one story or the other. Back and forth. And that they need approval or that it has not been approved etc.

I have returned all coy property in my custody and some funds customers owe me to be paid far less that what is owed me I have asked they deduct from my funds owed me and reimburse me the balance.

What's the way forward. Because as it is now I have been on the edge trying to make things work out for me again and I see no end in sight as they might not eventually pay me.

Shey na like this we go dey dey? Na so person go work and coys especially Nigerian owned go dey use employees like trash.

You would use your meagre salary to run expenses Luke fueling, transport etc but time to pay them go cut cut am like Sura the tailor angry .

They will say this is your route plan weekly and you must stick by it but are unwilling to pay incurred expenses

Personally I have vowed that if not a multinational coy I rather start up a small biz and grow my own.

abeg make Una help me push to front page because the is is a topic that affects a whole lot of employees in Nigeria today and am sure many are in same shoes and have lots to pour out here as well.

Let's share our experiences.

7 Likes

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by TINALETC3(f): 10:42am On Mar 23, 2017
Dis is Naija, u beta carry ur little savings and set up something, 4get it.

3 Likes

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by MrMystrO(m): 10:42am On Mar 23, 2017
Na wa o, People dey Vex o. The lady above me, I greet You.
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Whoeppme(m): 10:42am On Mar 23, 2017
My Brother contact a human Right organisation and explain to them your present predicament. I understand how you feel as I have once experienced a similar issue just that mine was with a private coy.

Truth be told if The government was to adequately and righteously take its citizens interest into utmost consideration a lot of firms and organizational bodies will close business.

7 Likes

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by lonelydora: 10:43am On Mar 23, 2017
This is the norm in most Nigerian companies now.

Meanwhile,

3 Likes

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by hardywaltz(m): 10:43am On Mar 23, 2017
National Industrial Court
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Gwan2(m): 10:43am On Mar 23, 2017
Until people realize we are in jet age....the real solution to their problems will continue to elude them. An advice to all, if you really need mature and truthful reply to your post, be apt and succinct.
Op it depends on your financial prowess, get a lawyer and file a case against the company as far as it was clearly stated on your employment letter, but firstly, seek advice from other staff with similar case as to why they never carried out legal suit against the company in question.

1 Like

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 23, 2017
Who owns this company?
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Goldenheart(m): 10:44am On Mar 23, 2017
cry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by LAFO: 10:44am On Mar 23, 2017
Can you initiate a legal step against this injustice?
Oh, sorry, Lawyer go collect money.

What about Public Complaints Commission?
Do something, your money go surface.

I wish you well sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by KayTash(m): 10:44am On Mar 23, 2017
I am wanting to say something but I cannot be able.
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Qmerit(m): 10:44am On Mar 23, 2017
Go to court we can't do anything here now.
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Jcob(m): 10:45am On Mar 23, 2017
MrMystrO:
Na wa o, People dey Vex o. The lady above me, I greet You.

ASHEWO
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Tazdroid(m): 10:46am On Mar 23, 2017
Normally, one would have advised you to get a lawyer and sue you ex employer at the National Industrial Court (the only court that handles labour matters) but it may cost you and you are obviously managing your resources.

But I would instead suggest you go to the company and approach a superior officer who you believe could influence the company's resolve to not fulfill its obligations to the employees. Out of sight is out of mind they say and once you are seen to be on their toes, they may bow to pressure hopefully and meet your demands.

Don't leave that office until you get a satisfactory response. Good luck
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by mykelmeezy: 10:46am On Mar 23, 2017
hello EFCC

i want to blow whisuuu

OP tgat should be your next move

but be discreet shar........
naija no get witness protection

1 Like

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by 0b10010011: 10:47am On Mar 23, 2017
Take them to court!

1 Like

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by HAD3S(m): 10:47am On Mar 23, 2017
Today is my birthday. Show some love people

2 Likes

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by dessz(m): 10:47am On Mar 23, 2017
if I were to say go to court, the money for lawyers would be higher than ur withheld money. so all u gotta to do is try find a backer to "see" them on your behalf. cos there is nothing we can do 4rm his. sad
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by LordXaaan: 10:48am On Mar 23, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by MrMystrO(m): 10:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Jcob:

ASHEWO

Lol I see you, Mr Rev Father.
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by ogododo: 10:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Liznix:
Good day house

Decided to bring this here to seek other opinions as well especially from those who have had similar issues and how they resolved such or those who are versed in labor laws give advice.

OK. So I worked for this Nigerian owned FMCG located at lagos and was with them for some months. I was laid of sometime last year.

Before I left there were some months outstanding expenses I made yet to be paid.

My pension deductions which is supposed to be remmited monthly was not paid till date even though they were deducting monthly from my pay.(note they have my pension details as it was filled alongside my employment form) .

I learnt some staff who have been with them up to 3 years have also not been paid pensions deductions as well but coy has been taking from them.( Is there no law against this ?? )

It was also stated in my employment letter that I was to be paid a months salary in event THEY terminated my employment which they did.

Till date all this have not been paid. Its been one story or the other. Back and forth. And that they need approval or that it has not been approved etc.

I have returned all coy property in my custody and some funds customers owe me to be paid far less that what is owed me I have asked they deduct from my funds owed me and reimburse me the balance.

What's the way forward. Because as it is now I have been on the edge trying to make things work out for me again and I see no end in sight as they might not eventually pay me.

Shey na like this we go dey dey? Na so person go work and coys especially Nigerian owned go dey use employees like trash.

You would use your meagre salary to run expenses Luke fueling, transport etc but time to pay them go cut cut am like Sura the tailor angry .

They will say this is your route plan weekly and you must stick by it but are unwilling to pay incurred expenses

Personally I have vowed that if not a multinational coy I rather start up a small biz and grow my own.

abeg make Una help me push to front page because the is is a topic that affects a whole lot of employees in Nigeria today and am sure many are in same shoes and have lots to pour out here as well.

Let's share our experiences.

They can not keep your pension deduction for more than 3months. As per expenses, were there invoices and stipulated amount you can claim per trip?

3 Likes

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by geostrata(m): 10:48am On Mar 23, 2017
angry
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by ammyluv2002(f): 10:49am On Mar 23, 2017
hardywaltz:
National Industrial Court
It will take forever na as per 9ja factor.

He should get a lawyer
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by jobsmarketer: 10:50am On Mar 23, 2017
You can get a job in Nigeria within 24hours by using the JobsMarket Android App
Visit To Download, Register and Submit CV
http://buyticket.com.ng/jobsmarket.apk
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Modelsms9: 10:50am On Mar 23, 2017
How about the letter of employment?

Pls check my signature Thanks
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Tazdroid(m): 10:53am On Mar 23, 2017
mykelmeezy:
hello EFCC

i want to blow whisuuu

OP tgat should be your next move

but be discreet shar........
naija no get witness protection

Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by gadpeter(m): 10:54am On Mar 23, 2017
take your proof against nthe company by first reporting the case to the police, seek for a lawyer my dear
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Davinchycode: 10:55am On Mar 23, 2017
Get a good lawyer and follow his advice!
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Tomjazzy2: 10:56am On Mar 23, 2017
Engage the services of a lawyer who is well versed in industral laws.

Our Judicial system won't let you get quick and easy justice though
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 23, 2017
If Na Lebanese company do this kind thing Nigeria for don catch fire on top them.
If you go report for NLC them go fall your hand o.That organization na wack
Re: Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu by ednut1(m): 10:58am On Mar 23, 2017
later we will be quick to yab Indians and Lebanese for doing what they learnt from us. baba nothing u can do. na nigeria be dis. most one man businesses are like dat. dey dont remit pension or tax, turn all d fine gals to sex objects mtcheeew. d first place i worked was lik dat. den one day an oga came to ask me how do we get his drivers tax card/clearance cos his childs school requested for it. imagine question o. when u no gree remit tax i shud perform magic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? / Nigeria Army Salary Scale / The Most Lucrative Medical Specialty In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.