Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 (6567 Views)

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award / PFA Player Of The Year Award 2011/2012 Nominees / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Grizzly(m): 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2009
It was the worst kept secret this year, but finally we know Lionel Messi of FC Barcelona has been Crowned FIFA World Player of The Year 2009 to finish of what has been an incredible year. . .

Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by bandely(m): 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2009
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by LYBOY: 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2009
i think it a deserve crown, and all football fan should say a big gboza to leo messi and barcelona fc.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Grizzly(m): 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2009
And this picture right here just sums up Barca's year.

Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Grizzly(m): 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2009
Cristiano Ronaldo had to be content with the Puskas Award for best goal (Man Utd vs Porto)
Although i tend to disagree considering the wimp that was in goal for porto.

Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by ndcide(m): 11:56pm On Dec 21, 2009
Grizzly:

Cristiano Ronaldo had to be content with the Puskas Award for best goal (Man Utd vs Porto)

my guy that goal was great by all standard

can you tell me players who have scored from such angle and distance

well, all the awards were well deserved.but i wont take all these awards too serious until a defender or goalkeeper wins it. coz as messi is good up front some one is equally as good behind or even better.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by mukina2: 12:03am On Dec 22, 2009
mehn that American lady,that gave out the award to Marta get muscle oh grin she fit beat plenty man , she looked like a wrestler tongue

I didnt enjoy the award jo, i wanted them to show us John Terry's face when they were replaying Iniesta's goal against cheksli . That Goal grin grin
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by ndcide(m): 12:06am On Dec 22, 2009
Grizzly:

my guy that goal was great by all standard

can you tell me players who have scored from such angle and distance

well, all the awards were well deserved.but i wont take all these awards too serious until a defender or goalkeeper wins it. coz as messi is good up front some one is equally as good behind or even better.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Sauron1: 1:31am On Dec 22, 2009
Grizzly:

That goal had to be the best goal scored in the whole of 2009.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by jalether(m): 1:49am On Dec 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

That goal had to be the best goal scored in the whole of 2009.

I concur, A goal even puskas will be proud of
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by eyoniggar(m): 2:24am On Dec 22, 2009
Thank you El Mesias for making us proud.
You have shamed the enemies. chavscummies n co.
Mods, you know where this thread belong. Do yall thang.

In addition:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/210694_Can_you_count_that_high_JPGfd87fc0b49e32364d433e119580a2cf1
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by dayokanu(m): 5:51am On Dec 22, 2009
Messi won and there was no controversy.
Last year a player who didnt make top 23 at the Euro cup was controversially given the award. What a sham
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 22, 2009
Messi won?
knew he would tongue tongue
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by olorunoba(m): 6:30am On Dec 22, 2009
He deserved it
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 22, 2009
Nothing new.
All hail Messi.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by tkb417(m): 8:28am On Dec 22, 2009
of course
he deserves all the award the season in question

cant forget that diabolical goal against UTD at the UCL final

tht was so cool
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by dayokanu(m): 8:32am On Dec 22, 2009
Why is this years award not shrouded in controversy unlike Last year when the winner couldnt make top 23 at the biggest event of the year
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by ogazi007(m): 9:07am On Dec 22, 2009
All hail the God of soccer,messi i know one day you will make us proud.
five star general xavi has written his name in history for been consistent over the year.
Inesta the golden boy,just keep the good work i know you will win this award someday.
im happy for u guys and the rest of barcelona fans could only be happier when you send [b]CHELSEA [/b]AND MADRID out of Champions League.
God bless barcelona fans,God bless pep,God bless Barca.we are unarguably the best.U CAN NEVER BEAT OUR RECORDS.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by v3: 9:41am On Dec 22, 2009
Messssssssiiiiiiiiiiii!!! The peanut one wins!! shocked shocked grin grin

Why'd they NOT juz call it FIFA footballer of the year award. . .

Oh, i get it. . . they had to wait till cr7 was given his "PUSKAT"meow meow award! grin grin before it finally changed *darn u pot!!* grin grin

It's good to see a clean sweep, barca deserve it! Let em enjoy their success, next thing we hear. . .Pep's on his way to either Akpomgbo Bridge/Man City! shocked shocked

Woulda loved to see the look on JT'z face when they showed Baby Face'z goal against em in the UCL! grin grin

Long live the beautiful game!

tkb417:

cant forget that diabolical goal against UTD at the UCL final
How was THAT goal diabolical? lipsrsealed grin
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by mukina2: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2009
v3:

Woulda loved to see the look on JT'z face when they showed Baby Face'z goal against em in the UCL! grin grin
me three sad they didnt show his face. grin
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Krayola(m): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2009
[size=13pt]Recognition for Barça youth academy[/size]

Apart from the prestige of getting three of its players among the top five in the FIFA awards, FC Barcelona has the satisfaction of seeing the Club’s youth policy gain the recognition it deserves.

On Sunday Barça was crowned the best club in the World thereby putting the finishing touch to a unique year in which it has become the only club to win six trophies in one year. Now Barça has put three of its players -Messi, Xavi and Iniesta – among FIFA’s top five. And all three have been nurtured in Barça’s own youth academy.

Barça and the Golden Ball

However, the FIFA World Player is not the first award to come their way. At the beginning of December, Messi won the Golden Ball with 473 votes, ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo (233), Xavi Hernández (170) and Andrés Iniesta (149).

The spirit of Barça

Never before has one club supplied so many of the five nominees. However, what really stands out more than anything is that all three players were developed by the Club itself.

In this sense, these three players represented the spirit and identity of Barça here this evening in Zurich. The Barça youth academy, La Masia, has become a reference point for clubs around the World.

An inexhaustible supply of talent

The Barça youth academy is producing a seemingly inexhaustible supply of top class footballers and with Josep Guardiola in charge these youth players are being given their chance in the senior squad. In the final of the World Club Cup, six of Barça’s starting eleven were products of the academy. With Pedro and Jeffren coming on in the second half, there were no fewer than eight products of the youth system on display. cool

-----------------------------------------------------

Gooners, don't worry, Cesc is coming back home soon wink
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by v3: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2009
Krayon,

So cuz Messi won the AWARD, everyone's no jerking off on Barca's account? shocked shocked

There's no need to trade words here, everyone knows a certain Fabregas was N.O.T.H.I.N.G when he left the shores of Catalunya/Barca as a 15/16 yr old or watever that placed is called!

I agree he's a product of barca's youth academy. . .but NOT an established player UNTIL Wenger made him the best AMC in the premiership! . . cool grin , Now Barca are creaming over themselves for him to come back home. .blatant rubbish! cool cool

If he lives, wht gives? PV left, Flamster left,in fact GREATS are made by the Arsenal and NOT that Catalunya Kalakuta club! cool

Arsenal's youth academy produces some of the best footie players in the world & Arsene turned seemingly UNKNOWNS into WORLD CLASS SUPERSTARS!

So pls hush when you talk about youth development cuz barca ain't NOWHERE near Arsenal in THAT department! cool
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Omolulu(m): 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2009
v3:

Krayon,
There's no need to trade words here, everyone knows a certain Fabregas was N.O.T.H.I.N.G when he left the shores of Catalunya/Barca or watever that placed is called!I agree he's a product of barca's youth academy. . .but NOT an established player UNTIL Wenger made him FAB4. . .

Arsenal's youth academy produces some of the best footie players in the world & Arsene turned seemingly UNKNOWNS into WORLD CLASS SUPERSTARS!

So pls hush when you talk about youth development cuz barca ain't NOWHERE near Arsenal in THAT department! cool
Dumb statement, which of the youth products of arsenal is a world class player, barca can boast of messi, iniesta, xavi, pedro, bojan, puyol, busquets and many more who haven't even had the chance to shine, so don't ever talk of youth development and arsenal, they're just starting
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Krayola(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2009
v3:

Krayon,
There's no need to trade words here, everyone knows a certain Fabregas was N.O.T.H.I.N.G when he left the shores of Catalunya/Barca or watever that placed is called!I agree he's a product of barca's youth academy. . .but NOT an established player UNTIL Wenger made him FAB4. . .

I'm waiting for ur list of Arsenal products that have gone on to become world beaters, or the team that won a trophy with half of the players from your academy. . ,  hurry up. . .  I ain't got all day  grin
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by v3: 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2009
Omolulu:

Arsenal 're just starting

This is even dumber then i thought! grin grin

Krayon,
Every dog has it's day. . .Enjoy ur success! cool
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Krayola(m): 12:16pm On Dec 22, 2009
grin grin Of course yes i go enjoy am  grin grin

Holla back when your youths clinch that highly coveted carling cup  wink
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by v3: 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2009
Krayon,
Did u browse through or took yer time to read my post? or are u a devout follower of DK?, if YES. . .then you're NOT worth arguing wiv!

I said Arsene turns seemingly unknowns into world class footballers and cited FAB as an example & YES i'll stand by it that Arsenal can boast of having produced some good footie players. . .

Did you know FAB & Merida would be dis good today?. . .? cool , Well thank God for Arsene & Arsenal!

Why're you wanking off NOW that FAB is playing the best footie of his life @ arsenal? Wait 5 more seasons. .ok son?

Luke Ayling, Jack Wilshere. . Ramsey *juz 18* and he's in the national team. . .Jack Wilshere'll also make the england squad for 2010. . . hmm, who else? cool, Giles Sunu, Carlos vela *darling of the mexican national team*,the list isssssss long son!

Let's see what happenz! fingerz crossed

Everyone Arsenal fan knows the Carling Cup is a launch pad for the youngsters,so. . who take's it serious. . .anyways? cool
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Omolulu(m): 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2009
v3:

Krayon,
Did u browse through or took yer time to read my post? or are u a devout follower of DK?, if YES. . .then you're NOT worth arguing wiv!

I said Arsene turns seemingly unknowns into world class footballers and cited FAB as an example & YES i'll stand by it that Arsenal can boast of having produced some good footie players. . .

Did you know FAB & Merida would be dis good today?. . .? cool , Well thank God for Arsene & Arsenal!

Why're you wanking off NOW that FAB is playing the best footie of his life @ arsenal? Wait 5 more seasons. .ok son?

Luke Ayling, Jack Wilshere. . Ramsey *juz 18* and he's in the national team. . .Jack Wilshere'll also make the england squad for 2010. . . hmm, who else? cool, Giles Sunu, Carlos vela *darling of the mexican national team*,the list isssssss long son!

Let's see what happenz! fingerz crossed

Everyone Arsenal fan knows the Carling Cup is a launch pad for the youngsters,so. . who take's it serious. . .anyways? cool
and to think you actually watch football, i'm very sure you are not calling this children like wilshere and walcott world class players, and if you are comparing them to the quality of messi, iniesta, jeffren or Bojan theen u must be blind or sick
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by v3: 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2009
Oh my bad. . .

The boys already did the double in the reserve & fa youth cup! cool cool
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by v3: 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2009
omololu,

Seems your case is the rare "tattoo-on-your-eyeball" syndrome!. . .Do u EVEN read?? shocked shocked

Who's comparing who-to-who?. . . shocked, i ONLY cited FAB as an example of Arsenal's youth development and you're acting like you have a foot plugged in your butt!

On anyday, Walcott/Merida is light years ahead of Bojan & Jeffren. . .Oh, now i understand why you guys are clamouring for Cesc's return. . but if CAN'T figure it out, then your post are as baseless as madman's rant!
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Omolulu(m): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2009
v3:

omololu,

Seems your case is the rare "tattoo-on-your-eyeball" syndrome!. . .Do u EVEN read?? shocked shocked

Who's comparing who-to-who?. . . shocked, i ONLY cited FAB as an example of Arsenal's youth development and you're acting like you have a foot plugged in your butt!

On anyday, Walcott/Merida is light years ahead of Bojan & Jeffren. . .Oh, now i understand why you guys are clamouring for Cesc's return. . but if CAN'T figure it out, then your post are as baseless as madman's rant!
Dude just shut up and don't mention arsenal when clubs are talking, if we call for fabregas it's because we pity his condition at arsenal and want him to have some silverware, Dont even talk of youth development at all, is Fabregas the only youth in Arsenal, this is the last time i would waste a minute talking with a dolo like you, if you dont know football or you dont like barca then go to romance section, bolo
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Krayola(m): 12:43pm On Dec 22, 2009
@v3 U would have a point abt fab if his peers at La Masia didn't go on to be nominees and winners of multiple trophies and awards. I doubt his barca-mates he left behind will wanna trade places with him. The whole idea that without Wenger Fabregas wouldn't be a great player is just laughable.

Does it look like we are missing him? In fact, I cry for u in Catalan  grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City (1 - 1) On Sunday 27th November 2011 / UCL: Braga Vs Manchester United 1 - 3 On 7th November 2012 / Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.