Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,367 members, 7,781,001 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:18 AM

Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know (41358 Views)

Start This Lucrative Farming Business / Top 17 Lucrative Farming Ventures In Nigeria & Africa In Order Of Significance / 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria To Invest In And Make Millions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by karma2000: 1:01am On Apr 12, 2017
what pains me is dat de youth have thrown away agriculture in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by vicardino(m): 1:54am On Apr 12, 2017
Dung beetle breeding? Never heard of it till now, will research more about it. Btw, are u into it? Thanks
jagugu88li:
Dung beetle breeding bro. But first one has to open a platform for exporting to Europe. They seriosly need them.

Then you might consider the fulani tribe or dairy farmers.

Now this is not needed by Nigrrians but, its a way of making money through farming.....
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by vatiqan(m): 1:54am On Apr 12, 2017
@ Op, its smtin I admires so much but my hindrance is space. Esp snail, goat and plantain farming.
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by doyinbaby(f): 2:11am On Apr 12, 2017
Farming is good business....though we were discouraged when we were younger.....when I just finished secondary school my mother got form for me to go to university of agriculture abeokuta...guess what when my Dad got home...he refused..he didn't see any prospects in me going to the school....men that was the end of my going to unnab....i later went to osu
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by doyinbaby(f): 2:16am On Apr 12, 2017
One of the problems of agriculture in Nigeria is theft.......my uncle planted 500 suckers of planter in ilesa...he was only able to harvest 3 bunch..........he planted maize thieves also stole from his farm......agric is good but it is good to find out the challenges involved from those that have been into it...least you can be disappointed
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by Ade3000yrs(m): 2:41am On Apr 12, 2017
Awesome write up, and in effort to contribute, I can't but make assertions where necessary as this write up lacks some details and as such not to misguide the members of the public on the viability of these Agricultural inclined ventures. As contrary to the write up as stated here, and with the parameters of low input in terms of capital and resources which translates to staggering output.
A lot of us who often want a start in agric and are usually confused on which of the choice of venture to go by for a trial between crop and livestock, the honest truth is that crop production is by far more cost effective to dabble into as compared to livestock as crop production often requires little or not much inputs.

1. Cassava: remains in competitively top on the Nigerian market as against its comparison to the rise market and also open to low market entrants unlike the rice markets that requires millions worth of naira to land a footing in the market in the course of competing with governments, Dangote, ortedolas, Etc who have the shark like financial muscle to frustrate your effort and push you out of the rice market, for the cassava and garri market, its 100% open to all person from all social class of life. There are tons of processing market waiting to patronize such product in Nigeria. There's a popular cliche in Nigeria that says, "garri no get advert but they sell pass indomie" meaning you can never compare the sales and profit expected or made from garri to indomie and processed spaghetti and all pasta food items despite all its sales, adverts and promos.

2.Coco, Groundnut, Soya bean & Oil Palm: I put this four as number two because even the multinationals, Dangote, Adenuga and Ortedolas are still blind to these four fields, think of your beverages, Milo, bournvita, Ovaltine, chocolate industry, fish feed, baby food, palm oil, groundnut oil etc, you could become the next billionaire in this field while your rest toil in other agricultural ventures cos only few people indulge in this venture because of its time commitment and persistency or consistency required. if your in this field then your on your way to start rivaling Nestle foods income and profit in Nigeria and in Africa.

3. Yam, Sweet or Irish Potato, Cocoyam, and water yam: This is another open market where you can make a kill and you will be amazed with your turn up in just a year

4. Vegetable, Spice or Culinary & Maize Farming: This is no doubt the 4th most lucrative venture in agriculture. your vegetables, pumpkin leave, tomatoes, pepper, ginger, spinach, garlic and other items in this field is a get away field that requires less than a 100 thousand naira input on a large hectares and yet you are bound to make your kill.

5. Legumes & Sprouts: Beans, Honey bean, black eye peas, green bean, kidney bean, soyabean, bambara bean, groundnut, melon seeds, all falls in this category. not only that this items ranked on number 5th are lucrative but with little or no vulnerability to perishability when duly processed. The details on this list you will get on my thread related to this kind of topic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by hardballripplez: 3:10am On Apr 12, 2017
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 12, 2017
cassava rocks.
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:21am On Apr 12, 2017
Ok good one
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by igbanbajo(m): 4:43am On Apr 12, 2017
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by mastasam(m): 5:39am On Apr 12, 2017
nice one as they say farming is a sure way to riches

Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by Snow5(m): 6:25am On Apr 12, 2017
Win95:
1kg is sold for 900
For which state?
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 12, 2017
vicardino:
Dung beetle breeding? Never heard of it till now, will research more about it. Btw, are u into it? Thanks
I made a mistake by mentioning Europe, I actually meant Australia. They have a serious problem of flies due ti them beingbthe best dairy farmers andol. There's too much degradation. Bringing me to..........Now if you take up dung beetles breeding, combining it with vermiculture (worm rearing), you can even expand your scale to crop production farmers too. Worms for soil fertilization and dungs for land rehabilitation.

What this means is you'll stand a very good chance of producing green, still maintaining the size of the product. You know green producers complain about the hard labour they put only to harvest less, compared to chemical usage.

One can even take it up in a small scale for local dairy farmers and crop producers.

Yes I am. But mine is still a research, though I am well expose to the end product.
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by hayor2014(m): 6:30am On Apr 12, 2017
Adieza:
Thanks For Ur Appreciation, Visit my blog for more, Invite ur frnds

Hi Adieza, visited your blog, I think it's nice and can be improved, first, your agricultural pieces and columns should come first and other like news, articles, health should come after,.
Second, you don't have to write a piece every two days, else your work will not be thorough and detailed and you will burn out fast.
Can you please do a detailed piece on goat farming, risk, rewards, profit per annum on a specified quantity, rearing period to maturity, sales price in open market, vaccination, feeding, sickness, possible danger of herdsmen in the south, birth rate of a female per annum, space required for a specified quantity E. T. C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by system21: 6:30am On Apr 12, 2017
All this Internet farmers sef..... everything u wrote here is opposite
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 12, 2017
vicardino:
I made a mistake by mentioning Europe, I actually meant Australia. They have a serious problem of flies due to them being the best dairy farmers andol. There's too much degradation. Bringing me to..........Now if you take up dung beetles breeding, combining it with vermiculture (worm rearing), you can even expand your scale to crop production farmers too. Worms for soil fertilization and dungs for land rehabilitation.

What this means is you'll stand a very good chance of producing green, still maintaining the size of the product. You know green producers complain about the hard labour they put only to harvest less, compared to chemical usage.

One can even take it up in a small scale for local dairy farmers and crop producers.

Yes I am. But mine is still a research, though I am well expose to the end product.
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by hayor2014(m): 6:34am On Apr 12, 2017
Hi Adieza, visited your blog, I think it's nice and can be improved.
First, your agricultural pieces and columns should come first and other sections like news, articles, health should come after.
Second, you don't have to write a piece every two days, else your work will not be thorough and detailed and you will burn out fast.
Can you please do a detailed piece on goat farming, risk, rewards, profit per annum on a specified quantity, rearing period to maturity, sales price in open market, vaccination, feeding, sickness, possible danger of herdsmen in the south, birth rate of a female per annum, space required for a specified quantity E. T. C
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by Ademat7(m): 6:46am On Apr 12, 2017
phantom24:
. Poultry Farming – Everyone knows how ‘Cashy’ this one is, it doesn’t need much introduction and yet it’s still not fully tapped. What we currently have are few badly managed, scantily equipped poultry farms here and there.

Young man why dont you say only the things you know? How is poultry a lucrative biz when feeds are sold at N4100 against N2650 Nd at d end you cant sale ur birds above N1000?
says who? poultry is still paying back to back,only small scale and backyard farmers hv been put out of biz
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by senatorshegsy5: 6:46am On Apr 12, 2017
This is good
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by BetaThings: 7:09am On Apr 12, 2017
jagugu88li:
I made a mistake by mentioning Europe, I actually meant Australia. They have a serious problem of flies due to them being the best dairy farmers andol. There's too much degradation. Bringing me to..........Now if you take up dung beetles breeding, combining it with vermiculture (snail rearing), you can even expand your scale to crop production farmers too. Snails for soil fertilization and dungs for land rehabilitation.

Thanks for this insight
Do you have any literature that one may read for more information, if yes please post links
I would also be interested in the challenges
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by BetaThings: 7:10am On Apr 12, 2017
Ademat7:

says who? poultry is still paying back to back,only small scale and backyard farmers hv been put out of biz

So at what level of operations (and resources) does the business become resilient?
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by omojeesu(m): 7:23am On Apr 12, 2017
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by murphyibiam15(m): 7:39am On Apr 12, 2017
Ade3000yrs:
Awesome write up, and in effort to contribute, I can't but make assertions where necessary as this write up lacks some details and as such not to misguide the members of the public on the viability of these Agricultural inclined ventures. As contrary to the write up as stated here, and with the parameters of low input in terms of capital and resources which translates to staggering output.
A lot of us who often want a start in agric and are usually confused on which of the choice of venture to go by for a trial between crop and livestock, the honest truth is that crop production is by far more cost effective to dabble into as compared to livestock as crop production often requires little or not much inputs.

1. Cassava: remains in competitively top on the Nigerian market as against its comparison to the rise market and also open to low market entrants unlike the rice markets that requires millions worth of naira to land a footing in the market in the course of competing with governments, Dangote, ortedolas, Etc who have the shark like financial muscle to frustrate your effort and push you out of the rice market, for the cassava and garri market, its 100% open to all person from all social class of life. There are tons of processing market waiting to patronize such product in Nigeria. There's a popular cliche in Nigeria that says, "garri no get advert but they sell pass indomie" meaning you can never compare the sales and profit expected or made from garri to indomie and processed spaghetti and all pasta food items despite all its sales, adverts and promos.

2.Coco, Groundnut, Soya bean & Oil Palm: I put this four as number two because even the multinationals, Dangote, Adenuga and Ortedolas are still blind to these four fields, think of your beverages, Milo, bournvita, Ovaltine, chocolate industry, fish feed, baby food, palm oil, groundnut oil etc, you could become the next billionaire in this field while your rest toil in other agricultural ventures cos only few people indulge in this venture because of its time commitment and persistency or consistency required. if your in this field then your on your way to start rivaling Nestle foods income and profit in Nigeria and in Africa.

3. Yam, Sweet or Irish Potato, Cocoyam, and water yam: This is another open market where you can make a kill and you will be amazed with your turn up in just a year

4. Vegetable, Spice or Culinary & Maize Farming: This is no doubt the 4th most lucrative venture in agriculture. your vegetables, pumpkin leave, tomatoes, pepper, ginger, spinach, garlic and other items in this field is a get away field that requires less than a 100 thousand naira input on a large hectares and yet you are bound to make your kill.

5. Legumes & Sprouts: Beans, Honey bean, black eye peas, green bean, kidney bean, soyabean, bambara bean, groundnut, melon seeds, all falls in this category. not only that this items ranked on number 5th are lucrative but with little or no vulnerability to perishability when duly processed. The details on this list you will get on my thread related to this kind of topic.
I was the first to like your post. .thanks for the elaboration.... how profitable is snail farming and how can I get to sell my harvest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by binsanni(m): 7:57am On Apr 12, 2017
Adieza:
Thnks for appreciating, Dont forget to visit my blog for more
no problem
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by EMFF: 8:01am On Apr 12, 2017
Good morning. Nice thread, thanks op. Am into agriculture, I have acquired about ten hectres of land for maize, sorghum and soybean. You can watsap me on 08082721687 so we can work things out. Agriculture is the way.
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by Adieza(m): 8:12am On Apr 12, 2017
hayor2014:
Hi Adieza, visited your blog, I think it's nice and can be improved.
First, your agricultural pieces and columns should come first and other sections like news, articles, health should come after.

Thanks sir for ur advice i will look into that very soon, on the Goat farming am still thinking abt it, I will get back to u soon
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by Adieza(m): 8:13am On Apr 12, 2017
omojeesu:

May God bless you! Thank you!!
Thank u sir
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by Djyucee1(m): 8:14am On Apr 12, 2017
I'm starting a fish farm this weekend

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:14am On Apr 12, 2017
Good write up, it is important to state that agriculture involves good capital, patience, practical learning before starting. the financial projection for part of your write up is not feasible, especially for starters, small and medium farmers.

Emphasis here is, you can make it in agriculture and if you are an illiterate(forget your degree) in management, principles in your choice of agriculture, go for training
Re: Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know by Adieza(m): 8:17am On Apr 12, 2017
hardballripplez:
Hello sir, Can I have your email address?
Greatestanebira@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production / Adamix Farms / Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.