Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

A Corp Member Provides Social Needs To Community - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Corp Member Provides Social Needs To Community (870 Views)

Corps Member Donates ₦1.2m Borehole To Community In Sokoto / 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member / When Is It Appropriate To Start Job Hunt As A Corp Member? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Corp Member Provides Social Needs To Community by gustav25: 11:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
Having had the privilege to serve in Uyo, Akwaibom State, i was searching day and night for what to do to make an impact in the community i live. While praying and searching , I discovered a problem in the community. I observed that Itu Road,School Road and Word Bride Avenue are always dark once it clock 6pm. There has been incessant robbery in the houses and along these roads. This robbery was carried out by unknown faces in the the dark of night which Some University of Uyo Students' purses and belongings were snatched from them while going to night reading. Some dangerous animals walk about at night. One of the fellow corps member friend was able to escape from the snake because i was walking with touch behind him.

So, importantly, the issue of accident, it was at my presence that a little boy was hit by a vehicle along Itu Road. While crossing,the little boy failed to look/watch very well to see if there was an incoming vehicle. A Toyota Camry without light hit him down .However, he was rushed to the hospital where he received treatment and got well
It is also very important to state here that another motivating factor that led me to embark on the street light project is due to the dark environment, businesses close before the normal time.
It is for these reasons that motivated me to embark on these street light project which i tagged "Let there be light, Itu Dakkada"

Light brings development and the presence of light signifies the absence of darkness. Today, the light has come. I go with the Biblical injunction when God created Heaven and the Earth and commanded, let there be light and there was light. I believe with these light there would be a lot of development in the community. With these light, it will facilitate movement of commuters and pedestrians at night. It will serve as security check. Perpetrators of crimes at night like raping, robbery etc, will not have a hidden place to carry out their unscrupulous plans

These light wil enhance sense of personal security on the road side mostly against dangerous animals that move ay night. It eill also promote business activities as a lot of shoos will remain open even till 11pm. With the street light there would be better business environment foe sellers and consumers. Through these project the neighbourhood will identify where each person lives and from there can promote public interactions. Also, through these project, accident will be reduced to barest minimum along the roads as pedestrians can see easily when there is oncoming vehicle and etc.

Kudos to OSUEKE CHINO EMMANUEL for this great service to humanity and not waiting for government to intervene in the issue before deeming it fit to contribute his own little quota of development.

1 Share

Re: A Corp Member Provides Social Needs To Community by littlewonders: 11:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
Nice job

1 Like

Re: A Corp Member Provides Social Needs To Community by gustav25: 11:40pm On Mar 23, 2017
more

Re: A Corp Member Provides Social Needs To Community by Senipapa(m): 11:48pm On Mar 23, 2017
Nice job you have done, may your pocket be replenished.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Registration Start / Batch A17, Let's Know The States U Choose! / 2019 Nysc Registration Online Just Kick Started...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.