Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,044 members, 7,799,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception (6755 Views)

Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice / My Marriage - A Sinking Ship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Kayceenaz(m): 3:16am On Mar 24, 2017
Nature has made it inevitable for humans to live in the company of their kith and kin. The result of this phenomenon, society, to a large extent plays an irreplaceable role in sustaining and improving this relation. Society's conditioning power is profound, as it ranks highly alongside personal and biological influences. Although considerable merits emanate from it which positively shape our orientation, there are undoubtedly ones that are anomalous and seriously in need of modification. The overemphasis on marriage and fanaticism with which it is handled in this part of the globe, which blurs individuals' essence as well as purpose is implausible.

Marriage is a good thing and this is authenticated by the very fact that it entails a deeper level of relationship between humans (man and woman), wherein they purposefully journey through life together and possibly have additional companions (children) en route their destination (hopefully they have one). Its associated prestige enjoyed by the couple and their family make it dream-worthy. This culture has been entrenched herein and many persons today permit pressure to jump on the bandwagon, because they assume that their lives depend on it. Such people erroneously intertwine marriage with their essence, equating the relevance of their lives with getting married. A big blunder!

Unfortunately, this trend is predominant amongst the women folk, who almost pause their lives in optimism of marrying a man that would then press the "play" button thereafter. Daydreaming about a glamorous event and initiation into the group of "Mrs" bearers with an altered first name, they open the door for anguish to pervade their lives. Some men are also partakers of this warped mentality. Man is a teleological being who usually acts in view of a goal, for not having any goal is a goal in itself. This situational fact is linked to his life in general which embodies a purpose. Consciously striving daily to justify your existence in conformity with that discerned wholesome purpose precedes every form of marital union. It is in making your life an asset that you know the type of and appropriate person to partner with for life.

However, the tendency of perceiving marriage as the be-all and end-all without corresponding prioritization of one's individual importance to the world is naive and repugnant. Inability to extract the best from one's self puts a question mark on one's ability to get the best from one's spouse. Recall you cannot give what you don't have. Getting married is palatable but having amnesia of your reason for being in a bid to do so is a distorted perception.

Kaycee Naze
(Rational Pen)

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by udumosam23(m): 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
Bros dis your grammar too much. summarize what you meant in English, then we can discuss it.

Dey people wey dey speak dis kind grammer don port comot naija because of the recession. Na we remain.

So if wan communicate, better forget grammer talk wetin person go fit read comprehend without reading it again. If not, this tread no matter how important it looks, will be unpopular.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by TheSonOfMark(m): 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
udumosam23:
Bros dis your grammar too much. summarize what you meant in English, then we can discuss it.

Dey people wey dey speak dis kind grammer don port comot naija because of the recession. Na we remain.

So if wan communicate, better forget grammer talk wetin person go fit read comprehend without reading it again. If not, this tread no matter how important it looks, will be unpopular.

The author/original writer's verbiage is as simple as interactive articles go; certainly not grandiloquent or flowery. Just 'cause the average young person in contemporary times chooses to communicate with the most banal, simplistic and inarticulate sentences doesn't mean everyone should lower their literary standards. Scurry back and get sucked into your blackhole of ignorance and stop infecting folks in this 'corner' of the cyberspace with your unintelligence!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
This your grammar no be small. What I understand;

1)It's only natural that humans yearn for companionship. Societal beliefs (which has its positives) being of high influence has entrenched marital fanaticism in us. Marriage seems like the sole purpose of existence in this part of the world _which is 'oldschool'.

2)Marriage is a good thing. It's dreamworthy_ a thing of prestige to not only the couple but their family at large. This prestige believed to come with being married has pressured people to jump on the bandwagon. They assume it's the very essence of their life, which is a blunder.

3)Women are the worst hit. They spend their lives dreaming of the fairy tale wedding and 'name change'. Technically pausing their lives in pursuit of the perfect man, who is expected to press play. We should be more concerned in making ourselves of value, that way we know what we seek/want in a partner.

Summary: The mindset of perceiving marriage as the all and all without corresponding prioritisation to one's individual importance shows lack of wisdom. If you can't get the best out of yourself, how would you get the best out of your partner?
OP, even lalasticlala would develop headache reading this. How do you now want him to answer you? grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Kayceenaz(m): 9:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
PaperLace:
This your grammar no be small. What I understand;

1)It's only natural that humans yearn for companionship. Societal beliefs (which has its positives) being of high influence has entrenched marital fanaticism in us. Marriage seems like the sole purpose of existence in this part of the world _which is 'oldschool'.

2)Marriage is a good thing. It's dreamworthy_ a thing of prestige to not only the couple but their family at large. This prestige believed to come with being married has pressured people to jump on the bandwagon. They assume it's the very essence of their life, which is a blunder.

3)Women are the worst hit. They spend their lives dreaming of the fairy tale wedding and 'name change'. Technically pausing their lives in pursuit of the perfect man, who is expected to press play. We should be more concerned in making ourselves of value, that way we know what we seek/want in a partner.

Summary: The mindset of perceiving marriage as the all and all without corresponding prioritisation to one's individual importance shows lack of wisdom. If you can't get the best out of yourself, how would you get the best out of your partner?

My dear, God bless you! That's the overview. Its supposed complexity wasn't intentional. I simply thought aloud. Thanks for assisting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
Kayceenaz:

My dear, God bless you! That's the overview. Its supposed complexity wasn't intentional. I simply thought aloud. Thanks for assisting.

Your write-up is brilliant. You struck a crucial chord especially when you touched on women who would rather be self-effacing and flush their life aspirations down the plughole all in the name of getting married.

I had a conversation with two co-workers last week (both married women) who were vehement in their asserting that I knew nothing all 'cause I was adamant in stating that a woman ought not sacrifice her career all for the sake of getting a ring on her digits.

Marriage is seriously overrated.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Kayceenaz(m): 9:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
udumosam23:

Apologies! My brother. It wasn't deliberate. I will make adjustments. Meanwhile, I disagreed with the idea that one's importance in life becomes visible in or proceeds from marriage. Thus, I called for a redirection of such thinking towards making one's purpose of living a foremost priority, which reduces the pressure to marry in order to be regarded as fulfilled or relevant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Kayceenaz(m): 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
DarkRebel101:

Your write-up was brilliant! You struck a crucial chord especially when you touched on women who would rather be self-effacing and flush their life aspirations down the plughole all in the name of getting married.

I had a conversation with two co-workers last week (both married women) who both told me that I knew nothing all 'cause I was adamant in my stating that a woman ought not to sacrifice her career all for the sake of getting a ring on her digits.

Marriage is overrated.

Thank you very much for the commendation. I just hope ladies assimilate the message.

1 Like

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
Kayceenaz:

You made very valid points, but this is Nairaland. Abeg, consider your 'target audience' cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by udumosam23(m): 11:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
TheSonOfMark:

The author/original writer's verbiage is as simple as interactive articles go; certainly not grandiloquent or flowery. Just 'cause the average young person in contemporary times chooses to communicate with the most banal, simplistic and inarticulate sentences doesn't mean everyone should lower their literary standards. Scurry back and get sucked into your blackhole of ignorance and stop infecting folks in this 'corner' of the cyberspace with your unintelligence!

Guy, forget that thing. No be grammer make you get sense. na your type dey stigmatize average people wey no go better school. If you want to communicate only to your type, go literature or romance section na there dem dey.

But for here if you no go talk wetin person go hear then comot here.

29 Likes

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by udumosam23(m): 12:23am On Mar 25, 2017
Ideally you're very correct. In a typical African culture however, we place marriage at the apex of all achievements, Thereby making it a yardstick to determine true success.

It is like a football game where the team that scores the goal wins, you don't win by excellent passes or playing more professionally.

Marriage is seen to be the crown of all achievements in life. No matter how well you lived or what you achieved, if you didn't marry you're like a team that only played well without a score.

8 Likes

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Kayceenaz(m): 6:14am On Mar 25, 2017
cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, fynestboi. Please aid in spreading this gospel by moving it to the front page. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by eyinjuege: 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
Please tell them.....
Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by KevinDein: 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
Yeah, but some people really wanna get married, like they really dread the very thought of living the rest of their lives alone. Respect their wishes and move on.

Next angry

2 Likes

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
Op, help me tell them. This is the best have read on here this week. grin

Like someone said. At every stage of our lives there are certain kind of persons who would want to identify with us. When you tell an average Nigerian guy that there are things you would want to accomplish as a lady before thinking of marriage...They go... "We know your types". You can't give what you don't have. Some are comfortable at the level they are, waiting on a rich prince charming to drop and take care of their burdens, not adding extra value to their person.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by RuggedArab: 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
Benita27:

Like someone said. At every stage of our lives there are certain kind of persons who would want to identify with us. When you tell an average Nigerian guy that there are things you would want to accomplish as a lady before thinking of marriage...They go... "We know your types". You can't give what you don't have. Some are comfortable at the level they are, waiting on a rich prince charming to drop and take care of their burdens, not adding extra value to their person.

Because of this statement...... Will You Marry Me?

Make it remarkable on your bday!

I can't deal with block heads. Beauty without brain is useless like lifeless sperm.

2 Likes

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
RuggedArab:

Because of this statement...... Will You Marry Me?

Make it remarkable on your bday!

I can't deal with block heads. Beauty without brain is useless like lifeless sperm.
I am a work in progress. Can't afford to get married now. So you're aware today is my bday?...terrible you!. grin

3 Likes

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by RuggedArab: 10:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
Benita27:
I am a work in progress. Can't afford to get married now. So you're aware today is my bday?...terrible you!. grin

I'm not really aware. I saw some random post this night that's how I got to know. You know what? I will prefer doing the shout out Personal and private not in this platform.

You still owe me that mail though. But wait o! Where have you been hiding since?
Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
RuggedArab:

I'm not really aware. I saw some random post this night that's how I got to know. You know what? I will prefer doing the shout out Personal and private not in this platform.

You still owe me that mail though. But wait o! Where have you been hiding since?
I used my alternate for a while. This one was on ban.
Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by RuggedArab: 11:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
Benita27:
I used my alternate for a while. This one was on ban.

Sorry o! Welcome back.

I missed you small
Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Kayceenaz(m): 11:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
Benita27:

I'm glad that you're delighted. Keep being purposeful!
Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by KanwuliaExtra: 1:04am On Mar 28, 2017
And the preaching continues! cheesy
Please, get inside the marriage and see the real "koko" of the matter.

Nor be "Nigerian Marriage"?
Ask "Pastor King SOLOMON" and his "Mrs". wink

You dey see Nollywood marriages?
They symbolize the AFRICAN concept of marriage in general. kiss

A DOMESTIC DUNGEON AND HAVEN FOR WIFE-BATTERERS!

Muchechechecheche

Nature has made it inevitable for humans to live in the company of their kith and kin. The result of this phenomenon, society, to a large extent plays an irreplaceable role in sustaining and improving this relation. Society's conditioning power is profound, as it ranks highly alongside personal and biological influences. Although considerable merits emanate from it which positively shape our orientation, there are undoubtedly ones that are anomalous and seriously in need of modification. The overemphasis on marriage and fanaticism with which it is handled in this part of the globe, which blurs individuals' essence as well as purpose is implausible.

Marriage is a good thing and this is authenticated by the very fact that it entails a deeper level of relationship between humans (man and woman), wherein they purposefully journey through life together and possibly have additional companions (children) en route their destination (hopefully they have one). Its associated prestige enjoyed by the couple and their family make it dream-worthy. This culture has been entrenched herein and many persons today permit pressure to jump on the bandwagon, because they assume that their lives depend on it. Such people erroneously intertwine marriage with their essence, equating the relevance of their lives with getting married. A big blunder!

If NO BE POVERTY in AFRICA, wetin consine Nigerian women with marriage? undecided
Not in this day and age!
Not even in Nigeria or anywhere in Africa.
Na BABYMAMA/BABYPAPA dey reign now o! kiss
GIVE THE YOUTHS JOBS and means to financial prosperity. Marriage will be the last thing on their minds for sure! kiss

Abeg lef mata o.
No man or woman is jumping into marriage in ANY part of the civilized world.

In fact THEY JUMP OUT as soon as THEY land "the abroad"!

Marriage only reigns supreme in the minds of the financially/spiritually bankrupt! kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by KanwuliaExtra: 1:26am On Mar 28, 2017
Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 01, 2017
undecided
Re: Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception by TINALETC3(f): 9:47am On Aug 01, 2017
kiss I cnt wait to feel Wat it luks like 2 b married, am going to a gud wife 2 my man kiss
And u man, u beta b gud cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Incest / Best English Name For Twins / How Many Are U In Your Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.