Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising (10228 Views)

Please I Can't Pay For Facebook Ad With Mi Verve Card, Llelp!!! / Pay For Facebook Ads In Naira (with Pictures) / *FACEBOOK ADVERTISING PLACEMENTS (FACEBOOK ADS); Let Us Place Your Own Ads Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by TheGreatIYANU: 3:38pm On Mar 24, 2017

1. TARGETING IS KING

Ensure you have the right keywords panned out before you even open Power Editor or Facebook Ads Manager to start creating an ad. No matter how much you spend, if you target the wrong audience, you will not get the results you seek.

You can get highly targeted Keywords from Google Adwords. Facebook Insights also helps.

2. MORE IS BETTER

If you ever plan to place Ads on Facebook and you desire to see great Conversion rates, budget at least $50. I have a rule of thumb that guides me when placing Ads on Facebook -
Less than $50 – Like Campaigns, Blog Traffic
Above $50 – Product Page, Salesletter, Join Group

3. CREATE YOUR AUDIENCE FIRST

You get to know your Audience better when you create them from Facebook’s Super Software – AUDIENCE INSIGHTS. You need Google Chrome to access this feature which will give you greater insights on your target Audience than Ads Manager ever will.

4. NO TESTING, NO SCALING

Never ever scale your Ad until you have tested it and it has proven itself as a honeypot for your audience. I have seen people start untested Ads with $20! It sends shivers down my spine.

Endeavour to test your Ad-set to ensure it ‘fires’ right, displays right and converts right before scaling it up. For example, if you’re going to run a Page Like Campaign, run a $2 for 24 hours first. If done right, your Ad should record at least 30-40 Likes.

Anything short of this is Failure. Redesign your Ad and Test again or else you’ll be flushing hard earned currency down Zuckerberg’s pocket when you scale that Ad to $20 and above.

There are 3 Parameters/Metrics used in measuring the Success or Failure of any Facebook Ad -

i. CPR (Cost per Result) –The average cost per result from your ads. A CPR of $0.01 per Page like is Optimum. CPR of $0.30 upwards is Failure!

ii. Reach – The number of people who saw your ads at least once. Reach is different from impressions, which may include multiple views of your ads by the same people.

iii. Results – The number of times your ad achieved an outcome, based on the objective you selected.

5. INSTAGRAM? NEVER!

I once ran a $20 Ad on Facebook for 2 Days. Facebook diverted 90% of the Ad to Instagram and the post generated 2,000 likes on the first day and by the second, it was upwards of 5,000 Likes.

Guess how many people bought the Product?
ZERO!

Guess how many Instagram followers I got?
60!

Did I ask Facebook to send my Ad to Instagram?
NO & YES!

If you don’t learn anything from me today, learn this – NEVER EVER allow Facebook divert your Ad to Instagram or their ‘Audience Network’ except you have genuine reasons. If you create an Ad for Facebook and it gets to Instagram, many users will see it and many will like the image but they will not get to your Product Page because Instagram will never re-direct them there.

Except there have been very recent changes in the Facebook-Instagram apposition, you will need special software to get Instagram Pictures to redirect clicks to your product page. (Instagram Advertising is topic for another day). This mistake is one made by some of the biggest Marketing companies and gurus and unknown to them, it is a ‘minor but costly’ mistake!

I once saw a sponsored post on Instagram requesting me to go like a Facebook Page. I shook my head in pity, thinking “Men, I’m never going to leave Instagram to go like your Page on Facebook bro."
"Well done Mr. Zuckerberg!”

How do you avoid this dreadful mistake Facebook wants you to keep making?

- Create your Ads using Ads Manager/Audience Insights

- When you get to the Placements Column, select ‘Edit Placement’. This is very important. Unselect the Instagram and Audience Network options and leave only the Facebook Options. By now they will become default.

Save this setting and continue creating your Ad. You are good to go. (Y) grin

6. IMAGE

I learnt this very important skill from Nigeria's Best Copywriter - Ronald Nzimora (Sir Ronald) you need to pay attention here. If you are going to create an Ad-set targeting Single Ladies in Nigeria, you can’t go around using the face of an obese white woman smiling sheepishly at the camera. WTH are you thinking?!

Sir Ronald taught me this – if you’re going to advertise to a target audience, ensure your image reflects the Position, Feeling, Mood and Demographic of that audience. If you’re creating an as for unemployed youths in Nigeria, Google ‘Frustrated Black Man’.

Select Images. Search for the most frustrated black man in the grid. Save his pic to your computer. Appropriate for your Ad.
AGAIN, your Ad Image must either showcase your Product or connect with the Position, Feeling, Mood and Demographic of your Audience.

This inherently leads to the next Top Tip –

7. AD-SET STRUCTURE

For optimum performance, your Facebook Ad must contain the following –

- An Attractive Image/Video

- A Compelling Story or Question

- A Clear Call to Action

The latter 2 can come in any order -

* ‘LIKE our Page to get the Latest Tips on Poultry and Fish Farming’

* ‘Want to get the Latest Job and Vacancy News? LIKE our Page now

The Shorter the Better. If people have to click ‘See More’ to view your complete Ad, you have lost 10-20% of your Audience.

8. PURCHASING POWER

Once you hit ‘Publish’ on that Ad you just spent the last 30 minutes crafting, it is your heart’s deepest desire to see your Page Likes, Traffic and Bank alerts roll in. However, this is not often the case and 90% of the time, it is because your Adverts have fallen into the wrong hands.

Sometimes, you have used the best Keywords to target your Audience and you are getting great Impressions and Engagements but the Ad is just not converting. Facebook Pixel informs you that they are landing on your Product Page and some are even clicking the Add to Cart button, but none is checking out.

Sir, this is the problem –

You are targeting the right audience, but most of them cannot pay.

How can you ensure the PAYABILITY of your target audience?

i. Age Targeting – In placing ads on Facebook, use 25 – 65+ in the age column to ensure your audience have purchasing power and also to include those with inflated ages.

ii. Device Targeting – Laptop users are more relaxed or more likely to be situated in a more relaxed environment than mobile users. They are therefore more likely to relax and read your Ad.
DISCLAIMER: This is not to say you should not target mobile users, but again, TEST.

Also, proper Device Targeting will ensure the Ad for your N30,000 Premium Product does not land in the hands of Mallam Abubakar in a danfo with his Tecno T1 on the way to his house in Oworonsoki. iPhone users are more likely to be richer than Android users. An additional Ad-set for strictly iPhone users will not be out of place.
DISCLAIMER: I mean no disrespect to Android users as I am an Android user myself but this is Business – No sentiments.

iii. Timing – ‘Salary don enter’. The first week of the month is usually the best week of the month to tantalize your Audience with your Products and Services. wink

9. No one ever gets Facebook Ads right, the first time except by exceptional skills in targeting, continuous testing and mentoring.

To learn more about Social Media Advertising, send me a mail - thegreatiyanu@gmail.com

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by obawale(m): 8:27am On Mar 25, 2017
This is a nice one. How do I get your manual?
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by TheGreatIYANU: 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
obawale:
This is a nice one. How do I get your manual?

Thanks bro.

Comment your email add here or shoot me an email at thegreatiyanu@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by torontomyg(m): 12:47am On Mar 26, 2017
Torontomyg@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by TheGreatIYANU: 8:31am On Mar 26, 2017
torontomyg:
Torontomyg@yahoo.com thanks

Sent you a message bro.
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by cyberuzo(m): 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nice!!! Learnt a few things from this

1 Like

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by TheGreatIYANU: 11:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
cyberuzo:
Nice!!! Learnt a few things from this

You welcome bro. The LJS Formula for Facebook Advertising will teach you more and blow your mind!

Comment your email address or send me an email at thegreatiyanu@gmail.com. I'll reply you with more info.
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Caleb5: 7:14am On Mar 27, 2017
Calebmomoh5@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by ItalianWine(f): 7:19am On Mar 27, 2017
Nice One!

1 Like

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Jeel: 7:20am On Mar 27, 2017
Great tips.

1 Like

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by IshaqAyinde(m): 7:21am On Mar 27, 2017
Been looking for this for so long. Would love to have the manual.

w.isiaka@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by nyabingi(m): 7:23am On Mar 27, 2017
Webincomeplace@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by pauljumbo: 7:23am On Mar 27, 2017
Nice tips op
Am impressed
will implement some of the tips in my ad

1 Like

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by wxyz1: 7:24am On Mar 27, 2017
I have problem using my ATM to pay for my Facebook ad, what can I do.
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by LORDI(m): 7:24am On Mar 27, 2017
I can't run ad Now. I heard there is a DCC against the naira
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by LORDI(m): 7:25am On Mar 27, 2017
wxyz1:
I have problem using my ATM to pay for my Facebook ad, what can I do.
there is a DCC restriction on every naira account... Am having the same problem
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by menama(m): 7:26am On Mar 27, 2017
Paying for Facebook ads with Nigerian cards is now difficult. How can one do so easily?
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 27, 2017
Nice and timely piece of info

1 Like

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Asuokaa: 7:33am On Mar 27, 2017
Kolabilewu@gmail.com

Www.evilla.com.ng
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by EdegbeLine: 7:40am On Mar 27, 2017
@Thegreatiyanu, this is my email, emperortechnologieslimited@gmail.com
Please don't quote, I need to modify and remove the email.
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Benjom(m): 7:42am On Mar 27, 2017
Insightful post
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by charmzdeen: 7:50am On Mar 27, 2017
Sonofuthman@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Inferno17: 8:02am On Mar 27, 2017
Kerrythomas670@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by financialmind: 8:03am On Mar 27, 2017
How much?
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by keezy125(m): 8:03am On Mar 27, 2017
It's been long i have been searching for dis... Will really need your manual, Email - keezy125@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by shinechinedu(m): 8:09am On Mar 27, 2017
I've been trying to promote my facebook page for weeks now but my ATM card is being declined and I just even found out that it's been blocked on Thursday because of persistent trials. How can we go around this? I'm planning to visit my bank today to inquire (ecobank ) but I'll also appreciate it if someone here saves me the stress and transport
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Tmex(m): 8:13am On Mar 27, 2017
hayshires@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by ItalianWine(f): 8:16am On Mar 27, 2017
TheGreatIYANU:

1. TARGETING IS KING

Ensure you have the right keywords panned out before you even open Power Editor or Facebook Ads Manager to start creating an ad. No matter how much you spend, if you target the wrong audience, you will not get the results you seek.

You can get highly targeted Keywords from Google Adwords. Facebook Insights also helps.

2. MORE IS BETTER

If you ever plan to place Ads on Facebook and you desire to see great Conversion rates, budget at least $50. I have a rule of thumb that guides me when placing Ads on Facebook -

You get to know your Audience better when you create them from Facebook’s Super Software – AUDIENCE INSIGHTS. You need Google Chrome to access this feature which will give you greater insights on your target Audience than Ads Manager ever will.

Never ever scale your Ad until you have tested it and it has proven itself as a honeypot for your audience. I have seen people start untested Ads with $20! It sends shivers down my spine.

Endeavour to test your Ad-set to ensure it ‘fires’ right, displays right and converts right before scaling it up. For example, if you’re going to run a Page Like Campaign, run a $2 for 24 hours first. If done right, your Ad should record at least 30-40 Likes.

Anything short of this is Failure. Redesign your Ad and Test again or else you’ll be flushing hard earned currency down Zuckerberg’s pocket when you scale that Ad to $20 and above.

There are 3 Parameters/Metrics used in measuring the Success or Failure of any Facebook Ad -

i. CPR (Cost per Result) –The average cost per result from your ads. A CPR of $0.01 per Page like is Optimum. CPR of $0.30 upwards is Failure!

ii. Reach – The number of people who saw your ads at least once. Reach is different from impressions, which may include multiple views of your ads by the same people.

iii. Results – The number of times your ad achieved an outcome, based on the objective you selected.

5. INSTAGRAM? NEVER!

I once ran a $20 Ad on Facebook for 2 Days. Facebook diverted 90% of the Ad to Instagram and the post generated 2,000 likes on the first day and by the second, it was upwards of 5,000 Likes.

ZERO!

60!

NO & YES!

If you don’t learn anything from me today, learn this – NEVER EVER allow Facebook divert your Ad to Instagram or their ‘Audience Network’ except you have genuine reasons. If you create an Ad for Facebook and it gets to Instagram, many users will see it and many will like the image but they will not get to your Product Page because Instagram will never re-direct them there.

Except there have been very recent changes in the Facebook-Instagram apposition, you will need special software to get Instagram Pictures to redirect clicks to your product page. (Instagram Advertising is topic for another day). This mistake is one made by some of the biggest Marketing companies and gurus and unknown to them, it is a ‘minor but costly’ mistake!

I once saw a sponsored post on Instagram requesting me to go like a Facebook Page. I shook my head in pity, thinking “Men, I’m never going to leave Instagram to go like your Page on Facebook bro."

- When you get to the Placements Column, select ‘Edit Placement’. This is very important. Unselect the Instagram and Audience Network options and leave only the Facebook Options. By now they will become default.

6. IMAGE

I learnt this very important skill from Nigeria's Best Copywriter - Ronald Nzimora (Sir Ronald) you need to pay attention here. If you are going to create an Ad-set targeting Single Ladies in Nigeria, you can’t go around using the face of an obese white woman smiling sheepishly at the camera. WTH are you thinking?!

Sir Ronald taught me this – if you’re going to advertise to a target audience, ensure your image reflects the Position, Feeling, Mood and Demographic of that audience. If you’re creating an as for unemployed youths in Nigeria, Google ‘Frustrated Black Man’.

Select Images. Search for the most frustrated black man in the grid. Save his pic to your computer. Appropriate for your Ad.
AGAIN, your Ad Image must either showcase your Product or connect with the Position, Feeling, Mood and Demographic of your Audience.

7. AD-SET STRUCTURE

- A Clear Call to Action

The Shorter the Better. If people have to click ‘See More’ to view your complete Ad, you have lost 10-20% of your Audience.

8. PURCHASING POWER

Once you hit ‘Publish’ on that Ad you just spent the last 30 minutes crafting, it is your heart’s deepest desire to see your Page Likes, Traffic and Bank alerts roll in. However, this is not often the case and 90% of the time, it is because your Adverts have fallen into the wrong hands.

Sometimes, you have used the best Keywords to target your Audience and you are getting great Impressions and Engagements but the Ad is just not converting. Facebook Pixel informs you that they are landing on your Product Page and some are even clicking the Add to Cart button, but none is checking out.

i. Age Targeting – In placing ads on Facebook, use 25 – 65+ in the age column to ensure your audience have purchasing power and also to include those with inflated ages.

ii. Device Targeting – Laptop users are more relaxed or more likely to be situated in a more relaxed environment than mobile users. They are therefore more likely to relax and read your Ad.
DISCLAIMER: This is not to say you should not target mobile users, but again, TEST.

Also, proper Device Targeting will ensure the Ad for your N30,000 Premium Product does not land in the hands of Mallam Abubakar in a danfo with his Tecno T1 on the way to his house in Oworonsoki. iPhone users are more likely to be richer than Android users. An additional Ad-set for strictly iPhone users will not be out of place.
DISCLAIMER: I mean no disrespect to Android users as I am an Android user myself but this is Business – No sentiments.

iii. Timing – ‘Salary don enter’. The first week of the month is usually the best week of the month to tantalize your Audience with your Products and Services. wink

9. No one ever gets Facebook Ads right, the first time except by exceptional skills in targeting, continuous testing and mentoring.

PS: I am putting together a Manual that would CRUSH all your Facebook Ads frustration and literally turn your life around! It explains with Pictures, how you can use the 'LJS FORMULA' to make N1,000,000 in sales within 30 Days with just 1 Facebook Page, 1 Group and $100.

PSS: If you're interested in getting this Guide, Send me a message or leave your email in the comments and I'll reply with further info. It will cost you but it will be Worth it.

So if I don't make N1,000,000 I should collect back my money?
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by xavier0327(f): 8:16am On Mar 27, 2017
TheGreatIYANU:

1. TARGETING IS KING

2. MORE IS BETTER

5. INSTAGRAM? NEVER!

ZERO!

60!

NO & YES!

6. IMAGE

7. AD-SET STRUCTURE

- A Clear Call to Action

8. PURCHASING POWER

PS: I am putting together a Manual that would CRUSH all your Facebook Ads frustration and literally turn your life around! It explains with Pictures, how you can use the 'LJS FORMULA' to make N1,000,000 in sales within 30 Days with just 1 Facebook Page, 1 Group and $100.

PSS: If you're interested in getting this Guide, Send me a message or leave your email in the comments and I'll reply with further info. It will cost you but it will be Worth it.

This is awesome!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Attract Traffic To My Website? / How I Was Scammed By Mobile Nig / What Is Wrong With Yahoo Mail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.