Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP (43194 Views)

Police: We Arrested Shina Peller For Mobilizing 50 Thugs To Attack Maroko Police / APC Crisis: Why I Made Sure Saraki Became Senate President In 2015 – Atiku / Herdsmen Crisis: Why Labelling Attackers Fulani Is Wrong - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by sirequity(m): 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
THE Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, on Friday briefed President Muhammadu Buhari and justified why the Nigerian police arrested only suspects of Yoruba extraction over the recent bloody clash in Ile-Ife, Osun State.

Individuals and groups, including the pan-Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere and the Oodua Peoples Congress, had been attacking the police for arresting and parading 20 Yoruba suspects without apprehending a single Hausa/Fulani over the violence.

But while addressing State House reporters today after meeting behind closed-doors with President Buhari, the IGP noted that crime has neither tribe nor identity.

According to the police chief, the police usually apply the law once any criminal is found wanting, irrespective of his/her tribe and identity.

He said: “You know we are police officers. Crime has no tribe. If you are a criminal, you are a criminal. Crime has no face; we don’t look at crime in the identity of where you are coming from. As far as you are a criminal and the police find you wanting, we apply the law.

“If you look at that Ife crisis, if you see how it started, it was just a disagreement between two people selling food along the road. So, you’ve to look at the dynamics of the country itself. Obviously, when you’ve such a situation, we’ve to react to it. We had to move in to ensure we provide some security to the people.”

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/03/ife-crisis-why-we-arrested-only-yoruba-suspects-igp/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by DocHMD: 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
Jail the yoruba miscreants and throw away the keys. tongue

191 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by sirequity(m): 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
grin

IGP are you saying Yoruba's are known for committing crime? But they use to tag Igbos as crime committers!

Touch not Fulani anointed.

265 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by Buharimustgo: 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
Mr IGP you are too partisan for my liking

51 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 5:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
DocHMD:
Jail the yoruba miscreants and throw away the keys. tongue

Don't be like the Yorubas..

Just be human!

148 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by Tunami(m): 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
Following.
Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by loopman: 6:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
Bastards!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by Jokerman(m): 6:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
So because the Yorubas accommodated them, they are now criminals ba??

The ones that killed that Yoruba evangelist bko??

Don't worry now, sheybe power will leave North one day ba??

This is how you termed Abiola, Obasanjo, Tinubu and Kudirat criminals...

Don't allow we the Yoruba Muslims to get angry...

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by dahunsy(f): 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Coughs*** clears throat#.....Oga olopa u don dey mad ooo (3x)

22 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by Pavarottii(m): 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
I couldn't find any reason said; unless he means all yorubas r criminals.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by OfficialAwol(m): 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
One question for you Mr IGP....

"If I were the IGP, and you were an ordinary Nigerian, and I offer this explanation as reason for this act, would you be convinced?

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by Funlordmaniac(m): 6:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
What a very senseless statement!

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by InvestinOwerri(m): 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
Akuko Uwa! Wetin concern us for better South? Dis one na gbege between oga and him slaves joor! Abeg make I come dey go, dis one na mumu post. Btw, Galaxy Properties has geniune lands/properties for sale in different parts of Owerri & environ. Check my signature for contact information or more details.

173 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by smartleo(m): 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
See lame excuse.#nototribalism#fulaniarenot God#uselessbuharigovernment#

12 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by stonemasonn: 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....I laugh in Fulfulde.

12 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

IGP you mean to say Afonjas are criminals?

170 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by BankeSmalls(f): 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
You have the temerity to call Yorubas criminals IGP?

Is it because we accomodate the hausas that you call us criminals?

Is it because we live in houses with brown roofs? grin

174 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by emmasege: 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
Is anyone surprised at this mallam's lame defence of partisanship and ineptitude? When the body is sick, check the head. He just spoke the way the Dullard of Daura speaks and approaches issues.

19 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by Opakan2: 6:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
It's no longer ibos looking for yorubas wrath, even hausas have joined

Idris and whoever cares should know yorubas are not cowards like d chest beaters and ultimatum givers in the East.
Na just small e remain and the union might end.. Let Hausas re-colonize ibos and SS people, we don't care

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by abouzaid: 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
one Nigeria kawai,i keep saying it,the only viable option for ordinary Nigerians is to breakup this country so that the resultant smaller homogeneous nations can thrive in peace. the only thing holding Nigeria together is the greed of politicians like orji uzir kalu,bola tinubu and buhari the petroleum minister.the jihad is real and the winter is already here.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by prince9851(m): 7:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
[s]
Opakan2:
It's no longer ibos looking for yorubas wrath, even hausas have joined

Idris and whoever cares should know yorubas are not cowards like d chest beaters and ultimatum givers in the East.
Na just small e remain and the union might end.. Let Hausas re-colonize ibos and SS people, we don't care
[/s]bla bla blah
noisy chest beater
Go and regain Ilorin back from ur beloved Fulani masters then we will take u serious grin

171 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by abouzaid: 7:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
mynd44,lalasticlala,seun this deserves the front-page.
Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by prince9851(m): 7:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

What a very senseless statement!
no dey make noise
Go and report this matters to your emirs in kwara

18 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by Opakan2: 7:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
prince9851:
[s][/s]bla bla blah
noisy chest beater
Go and regain Ilorin back from ur beloved Fulani masters then we will take u serious grin

you'll think it's joke.. it will play out before your very eyes
Hausas are no longer welcomed in yoruba land after that 48 hrs elapses. Even Buhari can't stop what is coming

I'm Yoruba and I must defend Yoruba interest and people before any other.. so help me God

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by abouzaid: 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Opakan2:

Hausas are no longer welcomed in yoruba land after that 48 hrs elapses. Even Buhari can't stop what is coming

I'm Yoruba and I must defend Yoruba interest and people before any other.. so help me God
Daura secret service would soon pick you up for threatening children of the caliphate. be careful, free speech ended with Gej. so this made front-page? my dear Yoruba neighbors, support disintegration for the benefit of all.

111 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by prince9851(m): 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Opakan2:

time will tell

6 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by AnambraDota: 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
Yoruba yoots are known for ritualism , criminalism and gambling

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by Ngozi123(f): 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
There was a country... undecided

8 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by Opakan2: 7:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
abouzaid:
Daura secret service would soon pick you up for threatening children of the caliphate. be careful, free speech ended with Gej.

Leave story mister..

Northern IGP must arrest Hausa suspects who started the whole thing else it will be perceived as pre-meditated bias and insult to the Yoruba race
As simple as a,b,c

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
warris the meaning of ds now?

so the IGP want to cause more quarrell ba?

He should be sacked asap.

nonsense IGP

drabeey was HERE

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Police Arrest & Parade 14 Invaders Of Justice Odili's Home / Idongesit Ituen Beaten After Attacking Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly. Photos / Teenage Throwback Picture Of Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.