Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing (23125 Views)

Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates / Court Lifts Injunction On “okafor’s Law” Movie, To Show In Cinemas Tomorrow / Court Orders Seizure Of "Okafor's Law", Omoni Oboli's Film (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by metallisc(m): 12:57am On Mar 25, 2017
prof800:

That is not what happened. It is not about the title. The complainant is not that type of person.

Don't judge until you have read the full version of the story.

Would you be happy if your copyrighted work is stolen from you? Something you labored for? I bet then you will not be able to say fvck copyright.

1 Like

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Ranchhoddas: 1:33am On Mar 25, 2017
metallisc:
this is the stupidest thing i ever saw in the history of fuckerydom! how can some idiot from somewhere say he owns the right to 'okafors law' as a title?? what in the actual fucckk? we have been using okafor's law as a joke since we were in secondary school! every young nigga that knows how to piss in a pot uses okafors law as a joke!!

it is like somebody saying he is coming to sue me if i make a movie titled 'chop and quench' because of title and intellectual property infringement. i blame omoni for allowing things to get to this stupid level, personally i would have counter-sued the idiot to high heavens with some badass lawyers/prosecutors so that anytime he hears my name he will run very far!

what nonsense? angry angry lazy and idiotic nigggers that can't do shitt for themselves, trying to reap where they did not sow even a rotten seed!

copyright my black and dotted assss!
Shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by chineloSA(f): 2:04am On Mar 25, 2017
I LOVE THIS WOMAN. I hope its all misunderstanding crycry cry

I remember KEMI OLUNLOYO saying something about exposing someone who is a coniving liar in the cast of Okafor's Law. I guess she meant her. She must be saying " I told Nigerians" in her prison cell.
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Nofuckgiven: 4:21am On Mar 25, 2017
But Nigerians sabi copy sha! If its not the name outright,its the concept! This would teach most of them to be creative instead of being intellectually lazy. I mean look at the likes of Kunle Afolayan and co. They are very creative and make use of it.
Like this rubbish one below angry

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by anitapreeti(f): 5:58am On Mar 25, 2017
Jimmyo3:
Yoruba people market list:::
Rice -5 cups
Beans -3 cups
Maggi -50
Fresh pepper N300
Dried pepper N150
Native pepper N400
Cameroon pepper N250
Tatashi N200
Chilli pepper N100
Fairly used pepper N50
Green pepper N200
Garlic N100
And Yetunde When You Are
Coming Back Abeg Tell Mama Ade
To Give You
The Pepper She Promised Me!
#pepperdemgang#

Stale
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by stane007: 6:00am On Mar 25, 2017
The court papers

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by stane007: 6:00am On Mar 25, 2017
more

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by stane007: 6:01am On Mar 25, 2017
last

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by metallisc(m): 6:09am On Mar 25, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Shut up.

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by yim(f): 6:29am On Mar 25, 2017
I will like to wait for her side of the story sha. Copyright theft is not good and they campaign against piracy and it's not the only form of copyright theft.
All is well

1 Like

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by krimes: 6:32am On Mar 25, 2017
metallisc:
this is the stupidest thing i ever saw in the history of fuckerydom! how can some idiot from somewhere say he owns the right to 'okafors law' as a title?? what in the actual fucckk? we have been using okafor's law as a joke since we were in secondary school! every young nigga that knows how to piss in a pot uses okafors law as a joke!!

it is like somebody saying he is coming to sue me if i make a movie titled 'chop and quench' because of title and intellectual property infringement. i blame omoni for allowing things to get to this stupid level, personally i would have counter-sued the idiot to high heavens with some badass lawyers/prosecutors so that anytime he hears my name he will run very far!

what nonsense? angry angry lazy and idiotic nigggers that can't do shitt for themselves, trying to reap where they did not sow even a rotten seed!

You need to understand copyright laws. It doesn't matter if the title had been used for 100 years. The first person to pay and register the title with the copyright commission or international copyright agencies becomes the undisputed owner of the title.

Calm down man. This angry outburst will not solve anything

3 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Jexyme(f): 7:07am On Mar 25, 2017
metallisc:

Haba OGA, you took so much time typing this just to expose your ignorance?

I guess you didn't read the story well. Read this as I quote : "The nollywood actress Omoni Oboli was also accused of stealing his story and idea for her new movie Okafor's Law". It's not all about the title of the movie.

There are alot of fine writers who's story lines are stolen and they really worked hard using their God given power of imagination. Justice must take its course.

It's disheartening that many people in Nigeria believe in lawlessness, cutting-conners, intellectual robbery and inadvertently causing frustration to the inventors.

4 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by TheGreatIYANU: 7:16am On Mar 25, 2017
metallisc:
this is the stupidest thing i ever saw...

You obviously did not read this article so I will copy and paste the keywords for you -

The nollywood actress Omoni Oboli was accused of stealing his story and idea for her new movie "Okafor's Law."

Oboli copied his idea for her directorial debut, "Being Mrs Elliott."

the actress/producer maintained her silence and went on to promote and allegedly set a release date for the movie for March 31st with the premiere today

even after a demand letter was sent

he matter was taken to court for the copyright infringement and trademark violation.

Many of you outside do not know what upcoming writers have been facing with the so called 'big wigs; in nollywood. So many of them have complained how they will take a script to a director or top actor to for partnership. The script will be rejected and 7 months later they will see a movie with the same plot and sometimes exact title been premiered.

Today Omoni has met her equal. She should pay him or dance to the tune. Intellectual Property is not Public Property. If it was that easy, she should have come up with the idea or written the script before him.

6 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by TheGreatIYANU: 7:18am On Mar 25, 2017
Jexyme:

Haba OGA, you took so much time typing this just to expose your ignorance?...

Brother GOD BLESS YOU! You're in the Spirit. Just check my comment directly below yours!

The painful part is, in her guilt, she is still calling the name of God? To come and do what? Rescue your guilty ass?! SMH

1 Like

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Ibman: 7:20am On Mar 25, 2017
TheArticleNG:
Ok... WATCH VIDEO THAT LED TO KEME.N.S EVICTION FROM BB NAIJA >>

http://thearticle.com.ng/2017/03/bbnaija-watch-video-that-led-to-kemens.html

Thank you...we have already watched the video.
Always deceiving people.
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by ibolomo(m): 8:50am On Mar 25, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
She said "God is on the throne."Mind you she didn't deny the allegation but trust Nigerians ANYTIME you catch them doing something bad, they will start dropping God's name like is night vigil
she did deny the allegation, saying it was 100% written by her and that the others are lying. you can see a video of her debunking the allegation on IG, and I know she is innocent
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Ignatio(m): 9:21am On Mar 25, 2017
metallisc:

Seems you don't know Nigerian producers. Most of them are far worse than our leaders.
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 25, 2017
So u went all the way to canada to steal sombody's idea? omo na u o
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by chigoizie7(m): 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
That is how they will be shouting piracy up and down while they are the real culprits.

Go and pay the young man sister omoni
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by AkinPhysicist: 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2017
ibolomo:

she did deny the allegation, saying it was 100% written by her and that the others are lying. you can see a video of her debunking the allegation on IG, and I know she is innocent

Where is your proof?
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Boss13: 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
She said "God is on the throne."Mind you she didn't deny the allegation but trust Nigerians ANYTIME you catch them doing something bad, they will start dropping God's name like is night vigil

That's the annoying thing. Nobody will stop the movie from premiering if they have no issue and the judge too deemed it right to pass an induction.

Nigerians should leave God alone.

1 Like

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by ibolomo(m): 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Where is your proof?
I don't have any. But I usually know if someone is lying or not. My opinion tho.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Cee-c's Sister Apologizes To Payporte On Her Behalf / In Sex Scenes Of Movies(nollywood), Do They Really Have Sex? / BBNaija: Don Jazzy Lists 5 Favourite Housemates To Win N100M Grand Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.