Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders (17244 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Meghan Markle 'Forces For Change' Vogue List / 50 Greatest Storytellers Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by ibelieveu: 3:48am On Mar 25, 2017
hungryboy:
World's greatest leaders and we the citizens of the world didn't even get to vote for who will make the list or their position on the list
Abeg carry that list go throw for dustbin
you always know them by their rants. The brown roof republicans.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by merits(m): 3:53am On Mar 25, 2017
:oHaba!but where is patience jonathan (mama pee)?without her name being included I can never concour. grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by Nobody: 5:07am On Mar 25, 2017
raker300:
Some people are going to cry themselves to sleep tonight over this news

Keep making competition out of everything rather than improve your life.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by Natudu: 7:07am On Mar 25, 2017
I just can't love this woman enough. Epitome of beauty and brains. I can't resist reading anything she writes.
Nne, daalu o.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by drslimtommy: 7:16am On Mar 25, 2017
HungerBAD:
This list is commendable.

Number 49 on the list= Tinubu.

Number 50= Buhari.

1st time ur comment didnt get the most liked on a particular thread. Uno try at all.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by ehikwe22: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2017
Saintp:

There is nothing wrong in supporting buhari against GEJ. They have the right to believe and choice. That buhari has failed should not be used against people who supported him.
I respected myself and stayed away from election because I never believed in both candidates. I knew both of them had nothing to offer but then there is nothing wrong in supporting any of them because there is freedom of choice.
Only the gullible and short sighted will support Buhari. I'm not a GEJ fan but I don't need a soothsayer to tell me that Buhari doesn't have anything to offer. He can only offer death and hardship and that's what he ended up offering.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by SonOfEl(m): 9:32am On Mar 25, 2017
ruggedized1:
Whoa..Anambra born Chimamanda doing the black race proud.

She is from anambra, We have heard o...... Because that's what you want us to see. Mtcheeeeew.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by rugged7(m): 9:35am On Mar 25, 2017
Choo.. .

Afonjas will not like this ni.. .
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by ruggedized1: 9:49am On Mar 25, 2017
Did it pain you bastard? cheesy

[s]
SonOfEl:

She is from anambra, We have heard o...... Because that's what you want us to see. Mtcheeeeew.
[/s] embarassed
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by Foxxybrown: 11:35am On Mar 25, 2017
Great Achievement. Congratulations to Chimamanda!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 25, 2017
Mille:

Which yeye African values? She is only been recognized because suddenly she has become a mouthpiece for the West. Do you consider homosexuality and Feminism as part of African culture?

As a freelance writer then, she used to be one of my icons growing up and one of the only 3 celebrities I follow on Social Media ( I stopped anyway). But ever since she moved to USA, she has abandoned her cultural roots and started blabbing about things alien to our culture. (You can check her Facebook)

Sodomy is UnAfrican, UnNigerian and I'm sure it's a hateful conduct in IGBO land where she hails from.

I don't care if she has adapted to Western Cultures but Nigeria has it's separate flag and Anthem. We are not a Vassal of the decaying West and our Values as Africans must be respected. You can tell Chinamanda to shove her Sodomy promotion up her ass.

I live in the Western World, I respect their cultures and traditions. I do not force them to adopt African Values so she should stop being used against us. And Yes, I am HOMOPHOBIC, like every True African.

How hard is it for you to move back to your country and stick to these values of yours??
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by veron007: 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
lalabrother:
Fortune has released its annual list of World’s 50 greatest leaders and award winning Nigerian Author, Chimamanda Adichie made it to the list.

Nigerian author, Chimamanda Adichie is among the 50 greatest world leaders in the 2017 Fortune magazine ranking

These 50 great men and women are said to be transforming the world and inspiring others to do the same in business, government, philanthropy and the arts.

About Chimamanda who is 42 on the list, the magazine wrote:

“The prize-winning Nigerian writer has won admirers with her prose and a pair of viral TED Talks (one of which was famously sampled by Beyoncé). But Adichie has been most powerful in challenging her audiences to think differently and more expansively about Africa, identity, race, and gender. Many in the ¬English-speaking world have embraced the invitation, and she has emerged as a feminist icon—she tells girls to get over being liked—and a fearless political and cultural critic.”

Top on the list is Chicago Cubs baseball team president Theo Epstein, followed by Business mogul Jack Ma of AliBaba group of companies and Catholic leader Pope Francis is in third place for his social integration projects as a clergy.

Melinda Gates is at number four in recognition of the impact of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation which she co-chairs while Jeff Bezos Amazon CEO is at number five.

The list also features Colombian music superstar Shakira is at 27, celebrated basketball player LeBron James at 11 and former U.S Vice President Joe Biden at 23.

Adichie's novel “Americanah” recently won the “One Book, One New York” campaign by the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment and BuzzFeed.

In a recent interview with the UK Guardian, she addressed several issues bordering on feminism, girl child, women and fashion in Nigeria and life generally. of the issues for which he is well known.

On Wednesday, March 22, women from all walks of life gathered in Ogun state to stage a rally against gender-based violence and women molestation in Nigeria.

Igbo Amaka ! (Igbo is beautiful!)
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders by SonOfEl(m): 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
ruggedized1:
Did it pain you bastard? cheesy

[s][/s] embarassed

What brought about the curse word "bastard"? Are you this low? How old are you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uncle Rufus (21+) / Chinua Achebe Publishes Biafran Memoir / Aduke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.