Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere (33148 Views)

Omoni Oboli In University Of Benin (Throwback Photo) / Odunlade, Korede Bello, Small Doctor, Ruggedman, Omoni Oboli In Police Uniform / Ramsey Noah And Omoni Oboli In ”My Wife And I” (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by stane007: 10:52am On Mar 25, 2017
Yesterday, Omoni Oboli was forced to cancel her Okafor Law movie premiere because of a court injunction.

Sometime in September 2016, she was accused of copyright infringement for the Okafor's Law title she gave her movie, by a Canada based writer, Jude Idada. The Nollywood actress Omoni Oboli was also accused of stealing his story and idea for her new movie "Okafor's Law."

Yesterday, an injunction was issued which prevented Omoni from premiering and releasing her Okafor law movie until the case which names Omoni Oboli along with Dioni Visions and Filmone Distribution as the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Defendants respectively is settled.

Here is the moment Omoni broke down in tears and addressed her guests at the IMAX Cinema saying Okafor's Law script and movie were created '100 %' by her.

"I'm so honoured that you're all here today, thank you so much. Thank you for honouring me, thank you for your support over the years, thank you for always being there when I call. It means so much to me, and I don't take it for granted. "

"I was really looking forward to showing you the movie tonight. The movie screened at Toronto International Film Festival, Stockholm International Film Festival and in America, but all that is nothing if Nigerian people don't see it. "

"Unfortunately, we can't show the film. At 5pm, we got an injunction from the court not to show this film. I'm sure some of you heard some allegation sometime ago, but, my story, my script, my movie, was written 100% by me. You can take that to the bank."

"What anybody says, what anybody does, it's all a lie. I don't know why this is happening, I work hard. "

"It's a shame that anybody would want to stop this. I mean, it has been a long process, we shot this movie last year, we have gone everywhere, we have put in so much money, publicity and everything, and some people are trying to stop it. "

"God is on the throne and it's fine. It will all come out in the wash. This is not going to stop me, I'm going to keep pushing. "

"I could have gone ahead to show this film today, but, I'm a law abiding citizen and I have to follow the law, unfortunately.
"I believe that it is bullying, I believe that it is abuse of the law, and we are going to take this up. "

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/03/watch-omoni-oboli-break-down-in-tears.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reB7yG9XdVE

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by hazan041(m): 10:54am On Mar 25, 2017
Ok
Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by blessme2019(m): 11:02am On Mar 25, 2017
Chey ya, she should have called the plaintiff way before now, probably settle things out before fixing the date for the premiere.

Anyway, the cry sounds fake like Tonto Dike's

9 Likes

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Behira(f): 11:17am On Mar 25, 2017
You produced Okafor's law yet u cant be law abiding......they had sent u a restraining order before but u didnt obey now ur forming cry

15 Likes

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by opeyemiieblog(m): 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
eeeyah
Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by tabisegroup(m): 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
Y
Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Akshow: 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
Eyaaah
Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by AZUH: 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
She has invested more on this okafors law. I think she should Make her facts clear . Yoruba has been hating since the days awolowo . But they won't leave us to go our own separate ways.

5 Likes

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by juniior(m): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Shh, well shiiit happens undecided
Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by ekanDamie: 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
money enta bush!!

stop stealing, Canada ain't Nigeria. were saraki n Dino are lords

1 Like

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Teekrayne(m): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Iranu
Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
i don't care cheesy cheesy
Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Kjking(m): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Aunty sorry, will you lick ice cream?

2 Likes

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by HumanistMike(m): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2017
It's Toke Makinwa's turn next.

All these females that think they are too cute (with makeup) to be bothered with court cases will soon have to wipe off those makeup with tears lotion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by luswitz(f): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2017
cry
Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Victornezzar: 3:20pm On Mar 25, 2017
Naso
Tonto dikeh has cried
Dis 1 has cried her own
Ahbi is it the latest trend for us 2 believe dem

1 Like

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by AniTech(m): 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Ajasco222: 3:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
"The movie screened at Toronto International Film Festival, Stockholm International Film Festival and in America, but all that is nothing if Nigerian people don't see it"

Canada and America before Nigeria.. Wow..

1 Like

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Marcofranz(m): 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2017
What is wrong with this one? crying like a zombie

1 Like

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by AkinPhysicist: 3:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
angry
Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
aariwa, your expertise is needed
Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Tazdroid(m): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2017
Once any matter dey court dey, oda tinz must stand still. E taya me

1 Like

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Silentscreamer(f): 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
Well i don't know her, so i'll just pass

1 Like

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Tazdroid(m): 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
Behira:
You produced Okafor's law yet u cant be law abiding......they had sent u a restraining order before but u didnt obey now ur forming cry
some people undervalue the benefits of settling issues without a judge involved

7 Likes

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Jamean(f): 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
This is really sad.

Hmmm! They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds.

We shall see the end of this one too.
Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by oluwasheun94(m): 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2017
AZUH:
She has invested more on this okafors law. I think she should Make her facts clear . Yoruba has been hating since the days awolowo . But they won't leave us to go our own separate ways.
so it is a yoruba man that sued her. shows how dense how you are

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2017
AZUH:

Omoni Oboli isn't an Igbo name, Jude Idada isn't a Yoruba name. I wonder what brought Yorubas into this.

I'm sure you're one of those bastards littering Alaigbo whose mothers were impregnated by Hausa/Fulani soldiers during the war. They are the ones giving the rest of Igbos a bad name through their inbred retardation and atrocious behaviour caused by their identity crisis.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Pavore9: 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
Kjking:
Aunty sorry, will you lick ice cream?

Is it Supreme ice cream or FAN? grin

1 Like

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
cry It may be %100 your idea and script but at the same time have almost same script with someone else's story or book.

2 Likes

Re: 'Okafor's Law': Omoni Oboli In Tears As Court Injunction Halts Her Premiere by Klington: 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2017
Do not give ur enemies reason to remember you, they might ruin ur career. tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

White Wedding Of Kemi Lala Akindoju And Chef Fregz Gbubemi Fregene (Photos) / Ty Bello Releases Tiwa Savage's New Photos / Ini Edo Breaks Up With Mike Godson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.