Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" (35853 Views)

Gifty Apologises To Banky W & Fans. Explains Why She Doesn't Know Banky W & Falz / Hilarious Reactions Trail Gifty's Eviction From Big Brother Naija (Photos) / Gifty Evicted From Big Brother Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by Driftingking(m): 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ex-Big Brother Naija housemate, Gifty Powers has owned up to making certain serious mistakes that led to her early eviction from the reality show.

Gifty, during in an interview with Vanguard Star Tracker, admitted she messed up big time and that she thinks her fake accent as well as the Banky W and Falz controversy were the reasons Nigerians voted her out of the show.

[img]www.fotor.com-2017-03-25-11-59-30.jpeg">https://3.bp..com/-waNVnsk3xBg/WNZNy1FAU-I/AAAAAAAACMY/0QBA9cCPkRoKfDuG60g7uB4zO48fuTYhwCLcB/s640/screenshot-www.fotor.com-2017-03-25-11-59-30.jpeg[/img]

According to her, she only wanted to be controversial and hilarious just to make the house lively but ended up shooting herself in the foot.

She said: “I think Nigerians voted me out because of my fake accent as well as the Banky W and Falz controversy. That’s the reasons I was kicked out of the competition.

“My strategy while in the BBNaija house was to be controversial and hilarious. So, I tried to fake both English, Iranian and Ghanaian accents just to make the house lively. I was being funny.

“I think I over-played my game in the house. It wasn’t what I expected. But we are humans, and we are bound to make mistakes.

“Yes, I accept the responsibility for my mistakes. I know that I messed up big time. I’m not perfect and I can’t say that I did perfectly well in the house. Although, I tried my best, I think I over-played the game.

Gifty also said that contrary to popular belief that she had ‘feelings’ for Soma, she actually fell in love with only Jon who was one of the fake housemates introduced into the game to stir up some controversy and keep the real housemates on their toes.

She said the reason she got so attracted to him had to do with his quietness, intelligence, smartness and cool nature.

She said: “To be honest, I don’t think I fell in love with anybody. I was playing my game because everyone in that house actually had their own strategies. And mine was to be controversial and hilarious; to make the guys fall in love with me, to be jovial, playful and smart. I didn’t fall in love at all.

“I would use the word ‘attracted to a guy.’ I was attracted to John, the fake housemate. Viewers had this mindset that I was attracted to Soma, but it wasn’t true. I was playing my game, but one guy I was attracted to, while I was in the house was John.

“I never knew he was a fake housemate. He has this appearance of calm and reserved young man. He was so quiet, intellectual, smart and cool. I was moving close to him because he had this crazy ways that I was trying to add to my own plan.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/03/bbnaija-what-i-did-that-got-me-evicted.html

5 Likes

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by MayhorE(m): 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2017
grin gringrin SO U FINALLY RETRACT WHAT CAUSE YOUR EVICTION? Next time you'll learn how to be original and not denying people.

see where ur hilarionism take u to, to damnationalismgrin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by rossyc(f): 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2017
OK Now u know.
Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by queencalipso(f): 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2017
One thing this people fail to know is that being real is also part of the game. It's a reality show and not a movie where you have to play a particular character.

Funny grin the ones that saw it as just a game left the house early.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by Akshow: 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2017
True. She was way more entertaining than marvis, t boss, Bally, Bassey, and even EFE. But her fakeness was just too much. Team Bisola for the money!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by oviejnr(m): 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2017
Now you know, but its too late to turn back the hands of time. Anyways, wish you good luck Gifty Gifty.
Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by willian10: 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2017
See her mouth grin

Visit my profile if you have itunes giftcard for sale(ANy amount $ denomination cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by jeeqaa7(m): 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
Buhari should probe this big brother.
Useless show

4 Likes

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by chiraqDemon(m): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
This is what happens when u think u r funny
Very boring girl

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by veekid(m): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
Thank God you know; but dem suppose ask am if truly she doesn't know Banky W and Falz.

#fake
#yeyegirl
Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by donfemo(m): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nigerians judge people alot, and conclude on things anyhow even when their own life is messed up. No one is perfect, sometimes we misuses words which was the case with Falz and Banky.

She said she doesn't know them because she had never met them, she only used the wrong word.

Some of you in her situation with all those cameras and knowing the world is watching, your accent will be worse and you will give us greater lies than APC and PDP combined.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by sod09(m): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
at last
ur sense is back, you and ttt overplayed d game
Nigerians ain't that stupid
Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by neolboy(m): 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
Originality
Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by henrydadon(m): 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
lol..gifty..her middle name should be fake..

she dumb af..she make cocoice seem brilliant.

1 Like

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by sinisters(m): 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
queencalipso:
One thing this people fail to know is that being real is also part of the game. It's a reality show and not a movie where you have to play a particular character.

Funny grin the ones that saw it as just a game left the house early.
WELL SAID!!!!!!!!
Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by Shortyy(f): 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
LOL @ "that's the reasons"

1 Like

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by addikt(m): 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
We Don hear..!!!ah.
Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by batulakarada: 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
Funny Gifty was evicted in the house for faking accents but Efe is still in the house while faking street.
Mtchew

4 Likes

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by Teewhy2: 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
Sometimes, we do things thinking we are impressing people but at the end we might be shooting ourselves at the foot.

Last week eviction of TTT thought me something, Bisola was crying over TTT eviction while he is denial outside. Sometimes GOD takes away some things from us know it is not goo for us but we keep crying over it.

Get to know more about the nutrition values of ofada rice, click below.
https://www.nairaland.com/3579520/ofada-rice-facts-need-know

2 Likes

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
This one don start with her lies again.

Gifty...

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by coolcah: 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
rossyc:
OK Now u know.
Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by Yahzeelv(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
At ur own peril ooo... My own concern is dis recession. Next time, u will be smarter jor.
Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by Houseofglam7(f): 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2017
Mumu geh
Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by oluwasheun94(m): 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2017
you call being fake "hilarious". please just stfu

3 Likes

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by Tobium1(m): 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
No girl, u're dumb
Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by sinistermind(m): 4:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
This girl na just Drama queen. So u know u get fake accent bah? Just be embarrassing our biafran queens upandan.

1 Like

Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by canItalk(m): 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Gifty: "My Fake Accent, Banky W & Falz Got Me Evicted From Big Brother Naija" by SeyiKings: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ehyah. Fake Gifty finally speaks out. Why can't people be real for once. I always appreciate people who are real. Forming shows that you don't appreciate your real self. No matter where I go, I'm just myself. Pls, always be yourself. See Tboss, she is still there because she was herself and still herself. Hope she have learnt her lesson sha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar / TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times / BBNaija All Stars: "I Want To Go Home" – Mercy Eke Seeks Voluntary Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.