Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Nigeria 1 Vs 99 India Match – The Fact Of The Football Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria 1 Vs 99 India Match – The Fact Of The Football Match (7099 Views)

Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) / NIGERIA 0 VS 99 INDIA Record / See Photo Of The Survivors Of The Football Viewing Center Tragedy In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria 1 Vs 99 India Match – The Fact Of The Football Match by collinslinkis(m): 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ahead of Samuel Okwaraji memorial, we recall the India Vs Nigeria match that purportedly ended 99-1. Here is the shocking truth of what happened. The fact, fiction and conspiracies behind what happened.
All of you saying its not true may not have watched the match. I went for holiday in India that year and I heard my dear country have a match with India and I could not miss the match. It was played at the Delhi national sport complex.
Now let me tell you all for the first time what happened because we actually lost 99-1. We are even lucky because I also watched England and India match the next day and they lost by 178-0. match started with eleven players each but to my surprise I was seeing 33 Indian players on the pitch(22 were invincible to our players) and also 3 footballs on the pitch(2 were not seen also by our players)
How do you expect us to score when They have 3 keepers. Immediately the match started, to my surprise the 3 balls turned to snakes in our players eyes but balls in their eyes, and note that with the balls, they are scoring 3 goals at a time,and they don't celebrate because i later undastand its against their rule. I couldn't raise alarm because it seems I was the only Naija person there and I was scared for my life.
I was not surprised when our players like Odegbami, Taribo, Emenalo, Okwaraji on the sub bench removed their jersey and went in to the dressing room and never came out again, Nigerian jersey had no name only numbers.. Our only goal came from thunder Balogun in the 88 mins am sure. He was so brave that the ball keep changing to snake stone and even lion at one time but he still managed to score. I wanted to celebrate but I was scared. The NFA now NFF didn't want to tell Nigerians what happened because the were warned not to play India. But am happy every one know the truth now I was even scared of going to congratulate them after the match for fear of my life.
They were kicking stones. when the ball turned into a stone.
At order times the balls will change to stones. 6 of our players were injured not knowing they had been But I later knew the name of 6 of the players. The keepers name is Lateef Korede, we also have Gregory Boyoyo, Akpan Asuquo, Teslim Balogun, Ikechukwu Obodo and Murtala Shekau a.k.a thunder who was Nigerians man of the match and a reliable defender.What about the Lion.? Many have heard about the lion that’s why Fifa use lions for their adverts based on inspiration from the Indian black magic.
‘Thunder Balogun.’ The march that took Samuel Okwaraji’s life, I remember quite alright. I watched the march then- for this reason, that fabled Indian march didn’t take Okwaraji’s life. A popular quote from that fable say, ‘Thunder Balogun remember your left,’ yelled by his wife.
You may call this people confused grandfathers. But I say they might not be confused it might have happened. Although there is no official records of this match having took place. But like a popular African proverb said where a child is crying and pointing fingers there is something there. There might be some truth in this rumor.
By the Sam Okparaji did the country proud, although he died he still is remembered a legend. This is his 26th year of his death.
Re: Nigeria 1 Vs 99 India Match – The Fact Of The Football Match by majicplus: 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ok, since you're a living witness, care to share the date the match was played, i mean the one against india. From what i've gathered, the match predates Nigeria independence. So, over to you sir!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3SC Vs Gombe Utd (2 - 0) On 10th March 2013 / Is Wizkid Truly The First African Artiste To Perform In World Cup Opening Ceremo / Lucky Sports, Play As You See It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.