Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread - TV/Movies (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread (67240 Views)

What Nigerians Are Saying About The Voice Nigeria Season 2 / Idyl Is The Winner Of Voice Nigeria Season 2 / The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by MrBigiman: 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2017
I gave all my votes to Idyl and he won. God be praised!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 1:32am On Sep 25, 2017
Just watched it on their website.
Ebube - That guy is just a big disgrace! Of all days to sing off key, he chose the season finale? What he did to that I am your angel song is unacceptable! I was just cringing on my bed after hearing that off key!

The whole show was just underwhelming for a finale. Apart from the singing, other factors like Choreography, stage display and stage lightening play very important roles in making a performance interesting, especially in a Final! And all these were either absent or very poor. There wasn't any difference between the normal lives and this finale, except that the Judges sang and Ebube decided to give us off key overload.

Whether they were working on a tight budget or not, the producer should be sacked. If ratings were taken seriously in Nigeria, The Voice would have been struggling to make a 3rd season because their ratings would have dropped so low after this "disaster-class" of a season!

3 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 2:24am On Sep 25, 2017
Thiannah:
a big joke I tell you

not sure am gonna give next season any of my time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 2:25am On Sep 25, 2017
pinkpebbles:
Is this actually the Finals?.
This must be a joke.

am speechless.
nigerian idol was even better than this

2 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 2:26am On Sep 25, 2017
enemmo:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Where are Sleepyeyez and homesteady?

Come o.

Fire on the mountain.

i dey here o ! i no fit shout abeg!
started this thread but am kinda wishing i didnt.
this season has been so underwhelming

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 2:26am On Sep 25, 2017
homesteady:
Just watched it on their website.
Ebube - That guy is just a big disgrace! Of all days to sing off key, he chose the season finale? What he did to that I am your angel song is unacceptable! I was just cringing on my bed after hearing that off key!

The whole show was just underwhelming for a finale. Apart from the singing, other factors like Choreography, stage display and stage lightening play very important roles in making a performance interesting, especially in a Final! And all these were either absent or very poor. There wasn't any difference between the normal lives and this finale, except that the Judges sang and Ebube decided to give us off key overload.

Whether they were working on a tight budget or not, the producer should be sacked. If ratings were taken seriously in Nigeria, The Voice would have been struggling to make a 3rd season because their ratings would have dropped so low after this "disaster-class" of a season!

everything bout the finale stinks, honestly.
anyways, great knowing yall

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by BelovedN(f): 3:53am On Sep 25, 2017
hmm.... sighs..... So, I watched it on their website.
First, why didn't the top 8 perform as they did last season? We didn't get to see any performance from J-dess, Jahtell, Chris Rio and Yimika. I was looking forward to it.
So let's just say I was completely disappointed with the whole show. Poor singing and song choices especially from Ebube. I pity the guy sha because the kind of bashing he will receive ehn... It is well with him.
The performances of the judges with their team members too were boring. Only Yemi's team performance was really interesting. I haven't seen Timi's own though, it's not on the website yet, so maybe his team did better.
I'm not shocked with the results. When decisions are left in the hands of voters, anything can happen. It's better Idyl won though. It would have been disastrous if Ebube won. Congratulations to Idyl. It's his time.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 25, 2017
Can't complain about idyll winning, at a point, I was scared syemca, wow or Ebube was going to win.
Of the top 4, only idyll deserved his spot, i was hoping he was going to be joined with jahtell, Jdess, and maybe Chris... Syemca had a terrible performance that should have kicked him out of the show, so I already counted him out, its obvious he was riding on his brothers support.
The only undisputed best voice was jahtell, J dess had also been consistent and her song choices have been lit, Idyll has never had a poor showing from the lives.... Those were my top 3 (after bada and precious got kicked out), it didn't turn out exactly as I wanted, but a deserving person won, at least.

2 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by ModusOperandi(f): 9:39am On Sep 25, 2017
This is why I still love my project fame, yeah we might criticize them for being all about the money sometimes but in the end, the most deserving contestant always wins.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
I just got a call and I was told that I won the'Win with Coke' contest. The reward was a meet and greet session with the Coaches and winner! But I don't stay in Lagos, Chaii cry cry
So on Thursday, I'd have been with them Waje, Timi, Pato and Yemiiiiiiii! The Coke people should have just agreed to sponsor me na, they have the money. In my next life, I must stay in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
I can't vote for Idyl and complain he won.
I don't just know what to say.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
1realBobby:
Niger delta nor dey carry last... based on logistics

Okiemute, Efe and now Idyl
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 5:41pm On Sep 25, 2017
enemmo:

Most Nigerians vote for who they know.

The Judges couldn't even hide their disappointment.

It's not peculiar to Nigeria.

If you watch the X Factor, American Idol, the talents show. You'd realize, it's not enough to have a nice voice. You See Simon Cowell always hatching and rehatching the term "personality" which more succinctly can be referred to as charm.

I remember 2004 American Idol where Jasmine Trias was voted ahead of #Latoya London to the finals. Everyone away shocked including me. If you remember her you'd know how sweet she is, and having a huge fan base from Hawaii made that possible.

I wasn't surprised Idyl won, because some pages back, I had given multiple reasons why he was preferred to Precious and Bada. And what the voters psychology is made up of.

What I can say surprised me was Wow edging Jdess.

2 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
sleepyeyez:

am speechless. nigerian idol was even better than this
Was there idols this year?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sheylarhh(m): 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
Make dem start project fame sharp sharp

3 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enemmo(f): 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ours is too drastic especially on the voice Nigeria.

If we even vote for charm I will understand.

We vote with sentiment eg tribe, church member or school mate.

Last season some very good singers went home earlier Khemmie, Patrick, Promise, Theresa with the Raspy voice, Joe Blue,Dawn Vicky etc.

Same thing this season.

I followed American Idol for a few seasons and it was better.

I follow the voice U.S and I can vouch for Jordan smith, Sawyer Fredericks, Chris Blue and Sundance heard. At least when you see the top four, they deserve it even if the best doesn't get to win, he/she will get close.

Okay see America got talent. At least the good ones go far.

But come to Nigeria, different story.

Project fame tried to address the issue by allowing Judges pick those on probation and allowing voters to do the rest, but guess the profit wasn't enough. In recent seasons they place all of the contestants on probation and ask us all to vote save few episodes. I guess we can see the result. Johnny Drille was one of the casualties of that experiment when he was booted out in tenth place in season 6 leaving Simon, Christian etc.
I've given up on talent shows in Nigeria.

I just watch them for lack of a better option.

junnyjake:

It's not peculiar to Nigeria.

If you watch the X Factor, American Idol, the talents show. You'd realize, it's not enough to have a nice voice. You See Simon Cowell always hatching and rehatching the term "personality" which more succinctly can be referred to as charm.

I remember 2004 American Idol where Jasmine Trias was voted ahead of #Latoya London to the finals. Everyone away shocked including me. If you remember her you'd know how sweet she is, and having a huge fan base from Hawaii made that possible.

I wasn't surprised Idyl won, because some pages back, I had given multiple reasons why he was preferred to Precious and Bada. And what the voters psychology is made up of.

What I can say surprised me was Wow edging Jdess.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enemmo(f): 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2017
homesteady:
I just got a call and I was told that I won the'Win with Coke' contest. The reward was a meet and greet session with the Coaches and winner! But I don't stay in Lagos, Chaii cry cry
So on Thursday, I'd have been with them Waje, Timi, Pato and Yemiiiiiiii! The Coke people should have just agreed to sponsor me na, they have the money. In my next life, I must stay in Lagos.

Tell them you have representatives here.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
enemmo:

Tell them you have representatives here.

The guy first asked me if I was staying in Lagos, when I said no, he was now like sorry, you won the contest.

That was my mistake, I should have told him I had someone, but I don't know if they would have agreed since I already told him I don't stay in Lagos. The sad thing is that I would be in Lagos next week ohh.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enemmo(f): 6:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
homesteady:

The guy first asked me if I was staying in Lagos, when I said no, he was now like sorry, you won the contest.

That was my mistake, I should have told him I had someone, but I don't know if they would have agreed since I already told him I don't stay in Lagos. The sad thing is that I would be in Lagos next week ohh.

Eeya.

Tell him to keep your goody bag if there's any.

That you'll be in Lagos next week.

You never can tell.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 10:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
junnyjake:

Was there idols this year?

cancelled years ago
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
sleepyeyez:

cancelled years ago
Oh!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 8:44pm On Sep 26, 2017
I had to rewatch the finale.

Yimika would definitely turn out to be a badass music producer if he decides to give more to it.

You wanna see Ebube fumble? Give him a wordy song to perform. I haven't really rated him since that performance at the battle. Him coming as 2nd was above shocking to me.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
enemmo:
Ours is too drastic especially on the voice Nigeria.

If we even vote for charm I will understand.

We vote with sentiment eg tribe, church member or school mate.

Last season some very good singers went home earlier Khemmie, Patrick, Promise, Theresa with the Raspy voice, Joe Blue,Dawn Vicky etc.

Same thing this season.

I followed American Idol for a few seasons and it was better.

I follow the voice U.S and I can vouch for Jordan smith, Sawyer Fredericks, Chris Blue and Sundance heard. At least when you see the top four, they deserve it even if the best doesn't get to win, he/she will get close.

Okay see America got talent. At least the good ones go far.

But come to Nigeria, different story.

Project fame tried to address the issue by allowing Judges pick those on probation and allowing voters to do the rest, but guess the profit wasn't enough. In recent seasons they place all of the contestants on probation and ask us all to vote save few episodes. I guess we can see the result. Johnny Drille was one of the casualties of that experiment when he was booted out in tenth place in season 6 leaving Simon, Christian etc.
I've given up on talent shows in Nigeria.

I just watch them for lack of a better option.

Hehehe, I do agree with you.

Nigerians are so predictable in Timi's voice. cheesy cheesy

On the contrary I believe, Nigerians are very predictable and what's predictable about them is that they are unpredictable.

Our sentiments No be here o. If you're rich and are on one of the talent shows, you'd have a really hard way winning over Nigerians.

I love talent shows, the only down part for me Is having to see talented people leave and what revives me is when I see these people pick themselves up and make use of the fame garnered during the show judiciously. We've seen David Archuleta, Jenifer Hudson, Praiz and many more.

I wish politics is something that interests me, I think I have what it takes to get into the mindset of Nigerians. You don't have to go far, you can see similar pattern repeating itself on Nairaland, YouTube and other SM.

The sooner we embrace meritocracy, and do away with useless sentiments, the better for us.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enemmo(f): 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
junnyjake:
I had to rewatch the finale.

Yimika would definitely turn out to be a badass music producer if he decides to give more to it.

You wanna see Ebube fumble? Give him a wordy song to perform. I haven't really rated him since that performance at the battle. Him coming as 2nd was above shocking to me.

I think Yimika works with/for (Olaitan Dada) Natialo production studio ,at least I saw that on his instagram account. I wish Ebube had gone for project fame, it would have helped his career better. His fans are the mvp though,No noise on social media,just voting for him.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
enemmo:

I think Yimika works with/for (Olaitan Dada) Natialo production studio ,at least I saw that on his instagram account. I wish Ebube had gone for project fame, it would have helped his career better. His fans are the mvp though,No noise on social media,just voting for him.

I don't think that guy has fans, he only has sponsors with very deep pockets. He is not supposed to have fans, there is no way in this world that he would have had more fans than even Yimika. grin
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 9:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
enemmo:

Wow, that's great!

Though he wasn't one of my favorite to win. I sincerely want to see him succeed, we want more quality music producers. Cobhams sings and produces too.

I'm very interested in meeting his fans and more interested in knowing the reason for their support.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Eagle360(m): 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ebube and Efe letter E start both names and letter e end both. They are elede with no voice.
Jahtell you are going places, Bada you are bladder than the baddest
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by MrBigiman: 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
I gave Idyl my full vote and I sincerely think He deserves it. He had d most versatile and consistent run. Even Jahtell kept maintaining d same genre of music all through. In d end I think the best got it. Just listens to Idyls final rendition. That was a winners piece. I listened to it on HD, and sincerely think he's a star.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enemmo(f): 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2017

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by MrBingo: 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2018
Tilda143:
I wonder why they ain't uploading the ones they didn't turn for.. .so annoying

Can I buy you pant?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
1realBobby:

Patoranking would definitely save him... Not because he is so good, I think his brother's achievements would definitely rob off on him
hello bro, please can you explain on how you pick under 1.5 ht. I mean your strategy. Thanks
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Nobody: 8:13am On May 31, 2019
Nice use of red in this colour palette! cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

How Much That Was Made On Big Brother Naija Show 2018 (An Estimate) / How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? / Nigerians Say Goodbye To Frank Edoho, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.