Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated (60742 Views)

My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / "Some Call It Incest, We Call It Fate" - Man Who Impregnates His Sister Says / Irish Woman Devastated After Nigerian Husband Dumped Her Destroys Shop (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by pally123: 6:52am On Mar 29, 2017
Acidosis:

Bro, you deserve to be worried, pained and confused. Don't allow any hypocrite make you feel like you're imhumane.

Whether it happened 1000 years ago, it doesn't matter. If these folks found out that their ex slept with a dog some 50 years ago, they would still find a way to show their dissatisfaction to the said ex.

If I were in your shoes, I would be devastated as well.. It doesn't matter whether she confessed or I discovered myself.. the knowledge of what happened is all it takes to get one pained, so don't feel stu p!d or heartless.

Now to the real issue, I think you're worried that the said relationship with her cousin might continue even after a proper wedding with you. Whether you like it or not, you would henceforth feel insecure to have that cousin close and alone with your woman. Nobody welcomes such, except of course, the online "e-doesn't matter" e-pocrites.

The big question is: do you love your woman? Yes, right? Love is one aspect, do you trust your woman? Note, anybody can love, but trust is expensive. You have to be sure you trust her 100%.

Having said that, it's time to get your mind off the relationship with her cousin. It would be difficult but you have to try.

If you discover however at any point that moving on would be difficult, gently back out! This is marriage, not a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. You will continue to meet her cousin, he will attend your wedding and probably offer you a handshake... Can you bear it?

Other days, he will stop by at your house when you're not around to say hi. Yes, it is true you now trust your wife, but do you trust the guy enough to share the same remorse with your wife? Has he repented and moved on?

My respect goes to your woman though. That's one hell of a secret 99.9% of her fellow will take to the grave. She has done her part... Now can you do yours? If your answer is yes, go ahead and marry her.
o's man, u deserve a first class certificate for this. It actually happened to me. In this case, the cousin stayed abroad and every time he comes home, I no dey sleep for night with thoughts of what could be happening at night since he stays in the family house too with nobody suspecting their movements
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by jordinsparkles(f): 6:52am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

My worry is that , this is incest
it doesn't matter if I was incest or not, what matters is the fact that she was very honest to tell you, if she didn't trust you I don't think you'll ever know.....so forget about what happened in the past! You love her and she loves you....abeg don't allow her cousin to come in between...go ahead and marry her and forget about the poo..
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by hegelian: 6:54am On Mar 29, 2017
@op if u ever thinking of backing out kindly hook me up with her. I have been looking for a woman to have total openness with and I av been disappointed over and over again..the truth we all av some crazy deepest secret, and it takes the bold mind to come out.abeg I dey wait for u ooo
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Caseless: 6:58am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

Long before we met .. About 6 yrs ago

Maybe pained is not.the right word

I'm just scared of the spiritual aspect like curses or something besides I know I will never have any good relationship with that cousin of hers
where's it written that cousins can't marry that having a relationship is already killing you?
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by VanBommel(m): 7:03am On Mar 29, 2017
AstuteJay:

[s]Make no mistake about this brother, your woman made a smart move by telling you upfront. The relationship might be an open secret in her family and the fear it might eventually leak to you made her tell you upfront.

It happened just once........ Never fall for that crap! It must have happened a couple of times before they were caught and might happen again and again.

I had a similar experience; she told me upfront an uncle "raped" her, she got pregnant, it was aborted and all that. I was moved by her sincerity and took her to the altar. I eventually got to know she consented to it and it happened so many times! The fear it might get leaked to me overtime made her tell me upfront. The uncle was late before we met though, but mere thought of the affair is a bitter pill till tomorrow.

You may feel it doesn't matter now but 30 years from now, you might still be feeling bad about it.

Make a better choice![/s]
RUBBISH POST
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by jidobaba(m): 7:07am On Mar 29, 2017
Ask yourself - will you take advice from young boys and girls? Or from grown men with years of experience with women.

Make no mistake @op, your fiancee told you because she wanted to pass the burden to you. Worked well so far. She's probably sleeping soundly while you obsess over this issue.
You have to understand that women in these parts are inherently selfish and until you get a life for yourself, they will continually dump rubbish on you.
Imagine if you were a busy guy, busy with work and living a good well rounded life, sure you will want to marry but it would just be another facet of your multicolored life. So this 'revelation' wouldn't be devastating - assuming you even got to this stage with such a manipulative woman in the first place.

This is the first of many 'secrets'. Brace up. Gon be a rollercoaster ride.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Fountaincrest: 7:11am On Mar 29, 2017
Well sorry to say but a curse is upon her may be childlessness or early widowhood whatever it is if you marry her you guys will carry the curse together. My elder brother slept with our female relative he has since married twice but no issue from any of the women. Though the first wife remarried and had four kids. So the choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by paulbets: 7:14am On Mar 29, 2017
BiggyBamBam:

That's why Hausas/Fulanis behave like animals and no value for life.
Do you want his children to have that demonic spirit?
How can you say Hausas/Fulani behave like animals... it's really derogatory and you should desist from saying so.
Besides your argument is wrong, illogical and cannot be substantiated scientifically
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by poik(m): 7:17am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:
My fiancee confided in me two days ago that she had an incest relationship with her cousin yrs back. She said she told me cos she loves me and wouldn't want to hide anything from me. I love her too and still want to marry her but I am devastated by the news

She said she has fasted and asked God for forgiveness.

I have prayed on her behalf too severally,

I am supposed to come to Nigeria for our wedding next month . pls help nairalanders. I feel so pained . I need wise counsel .

Nothing to fear bro. Marry that girl. She loves you. There is nothing like any curse. God has forgiven her. Try to get along with the cousin too, if need be. Cheers.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by profbabatunde: 7:18am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 29, 2017
You need time apart from her for as long as you can let go. If you feel you can't be happy without her then take her back. Then will you know you genuinely love her and she's the only woman you want to be with.

MIB1:
My fiancee confided in me two days ago that she had an incest relationship with her cousin yrs back. She said she told me cos she loves me and wouldn't want to hide anything from me. I love her too and still want to marry her but I am devastated by the news

I am supposed to come to Nigeria for our wedding next month . pls help nairalanders. I feel so pained . I need wise counsel .
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by glo4chuks: 7:24am On Mar 29, 2017
bros, if u really love ur woman just forgive n forget d sincere confession she made 2 u. some people have done worst DAT they can never in life b proud 2 confess 2 God more or less a human being. 6 yrs is a long time n may b she did DAT out of ignorance as a teenager. there is a saying DAT a bird at hand is better than d thousands in d bush, so is better u know now than later. God bless.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Shawlambivert(m): 7:27am On Mar 29, 2017
LeView1:
I guess this is cultural differences. I don't believe a cousin is incest so I can't advice you on it other than to say, forgiveness is the only solution.

Please respect my understanding and don't argue my truth with me.
. Exactly. Like in Islam, It's permissible for one to marry one's cousin. So I can't actually tag that to be Incest
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by olayinkajnr(m): 7:37am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

I love her , trust her , and still want to marry her . But how do I move past this and forge ahead .

I seriously go with what acidosis said.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by extwoo(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

I love her , trust her , and still want to marry her . But how do I move past this and forge ahead .

You might need to relocate, take her pretty far away, like out of the country where that cousin can't come say Hi
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Iconquer: 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
on thought that she has repented on it & it's no longer going on with d said causin, u Have got nothing to fear. probably, d causin too has repented of d act.

Spiritual implication depends on if it's still going on unrepented, so I think. some people have actually committed that act out of ignorance, it also determine d implications. that I don't know the case with your woman & her causin (were they ignorant of it? why did they do it?)

u have got to ensure that they both, (NOT ONLY your wife to be) have TRUELY repented of it & won't do it again.
for me truth be told, that she told u told that is not a reason u should trust her like God. you can still disappointed. remember, trust only God your maker.

I'm not advising u to go or not to go. put many things into consideration, pray & listen to yourself, then follow ur heart.
I can just say that d fear of d implication of d act (spiritual or otherwise) shouldn't be your worry. so I think brother.
I wish you luck! Good one!
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Brunel(m): 7:40am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1
please go with the below quoted advice.
We all have flaws, the most important thing is that we should be willing to admit and correct these flaws.
Life is a continuous learning and improvement process.

Majikals:
You are a lucky man finding such an honest spouse... She has confessed her errors before her maker and even you. Go ahead with your marriage with her cos she's a good woman. We have all made terrible errors at some point in life. Only a scarce few are bold enough to confess his /her deepest errors the way ur fiancee just did.
About the spiritual implications u are kinda worried about, if truly you are a Christian as u rightly said, I believe the Bible says he /she that confesses and believe is redeemed..You have nothing to fear

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nofuckgiven: 7:45am On Mar 29, 2017
OP,truth is you are not ready for marriage. Take it or leave it.
Most hypocrites here have done worse than your fiancee but they are advicing you to leave her.
Moral of the story: Some secrets are better left untold.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 29, 2017
It's up to you to decide, whether you want to continue the relationship. sad
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by emekakingsely(m): 7:58am On Mar 29, 2017
Don't make her regret being honest to u she is a good person not everybody can confined such to her man ur lucky Bro u beta rush down and come and marry her before someone dat knows the values over take u
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by divinelove(m): 8:01am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

Incest aka in breeding is a taboo, if u can't deal with dt her past call it off
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by 123papas(m): 8:01am On Mar 29, 2017
Hausa/Fulanis marry their cousins. Dont Fret
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Monk92(m): 8:03am On Mar 29, 2017
Joavid:
This thread is a lesson. never do things you will regret or that will jeopardise your future.

I'm wondering though, why someone would sleep with their cousin.

You know this is impossible right?
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by wasolad01: 8:20am On Mar 29, 2017
Acidosis:

Bro, you deserve to be worried, pained and confused. Don't allow any hypocrite make you feel like you're imhumane.

Whether it happened 1000 years ago, it doesn't matter. If these folks found out that their ex slept with a dog some 50 years ago, they would still find a way to show their dissatisfaction to the said ex.

If I were in your shoes, I would be devastated as well.. It doesn't matter whether she confessed or I discovered myself.. the knowledge of what happened is all it takes to get one pained, so don't feel stu p!d or heartless.

Now to the real issue, I think you're worried that the said relationship with her cousin might continue even after a proper wedding with you. Whether you like it or not, you would henceforth feel insecure to have that cousin close and alone with your woman. Nobody welcomes such, except of course, the online "e-doesn't matter" e-pocrites.

The big question is: do you love your woman? Yes, right? Love is one aspect, do you trust your woman? Note, anybody can love, but trust is expensive. You have to be sure you trust her 100%.

Having said that, it's time to get your mind off the relationship with her cousin. It would be difficult but you have to try.

If you discover however at any point that moving on would be difficult, gently back out! This is marriage, not a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. You will continue to meet her cousin, he will attend your wedding and probably offer you a handshake... Can you bear it?

Other days, he will stop by at your house when you're not around to say hi. Yes, it is true you now trust your wife, but do you trust the guy enough to share the same remorse with your wife? Has he repented and moved on?

My respect goes to your woman though. That's one hell of a secret 99.9% of her fellow will take to the grave. She has done her part... Now can you do yours? If your answer is yes, go ahead and marry her.

May your source of wisdom never be empty forever.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by destiny4life: 8:23am On Mar 29, 2017
Thank God she opened up to you. As for the spiritual consequence ... are you a Christian, if yes discuss with your Pastor and he will tell you what to do
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by vislabraye(m): 8:28am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

If you want to, go ahead and do it. Marriage is about accepting the good, the bad and the ugly in a person. (Since she confided in you, make sure you don't use it against her in future. )
You have to talk to her about your fears. It will go a long way to help.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Godpunishdevil(m): 8:30am On Mar 29, 2017
Bro pls don't let anything shake your mind since she has confessed to you and said she had prayed and seek for God's forgiveness that shows she is not going back to that mess so move on what of if you are not told.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by KenStranger(m): 8:30am On Mar 29, 2017
Acidosis:

God bless u sir. Well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Tobennz(m): 8:46am On Mar 29, 2017
wink2 telll u d truth, t will be hard 4 u can c an honest spouse, she told u wat u suppose 2 hear nd she has prayed abt t nd u also av don d same, so guy pls i beg u in d name of God....#BELIEVE#
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Babs24: 8:52am On Mar 29, 2017
Eleganza33:
lol

OK love this....

Let's see if he will pass.. .
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by tee4lowyeh(m): 8:53am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

Long before we met .. About 6 yrs ago

Maybe pained is not.the right word

I'm just scared of the spiritual aspect like curses or something besides I know I will never have any good relationship with that cousin of hers

She did the right thing, you should be grateful. She has shown that she has overcome her past, thus you need to be grateful.
"If any man be in Christ, He is a new creation. Old things are past and all have become new."
She has been forgiven and restored.
No curse of the law and of Satan can prevail; Jesus has broken every chain and delivered Her.

Move on and be grateful to God for his mercy upon her life. God bless you.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by ammy4goodies(f): 8:56am On Mar 29, 2017
Richy4:
Since you are into spiritual stuffs,let's visit the Bible a bit OP shall we?

Choose the correct answer and fill in the blank spaces.

Abraham married ___ [A. Sister, B. Brother, C. Cousin, D. Step sister]

Isaac Married____ [A. Brother, B. cousin, C. half sister, D. Mother]

If the son of God sets you free, you are free ____ [A. indeed, B. a little C. Half way, D. a bit]

Behold old things has passed away, every thing is___ [A. Old, B New, C. None of the above, D. All of the Above]

If you confess your sin, he is faithful and just to cleanse you from All unrighteousness including incest... [ True or False]

NOTE: All question carries equal marks.. you are advised to spend 2mins for each question grin grin grin

Lolz...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Nairalander And His Pregnant Fiancée / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Man Holds Ex Lover Hostage On Her Way To Wed Another Man After Training Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.