Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby (33217 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Dunamis Glory Dome Dedication In Abuja / The Dedication Of Glory Dome, Dunamis Headquarters In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Phiniter(m): 11:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
[center][/center]
MurderX:
My son is innocent and pure. He was conceived from a sinful act

This awfully ridiculous. If you already condemned the child then u dont have a right to blame the church. Please your child was born of a purely natural process designed by the creator. Celebrate that beautiful creature. Fvck churches and their lies.
exactly she has already condemned the poor child herself shows her level of brain washing like seriously there was no official marriage ceremony between Adam and even yet nobody is judging them madam do not let any church or congregation make you feel bad about this wonderful miracle God has performed in your life

2 Likes

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by redsun(m): 11:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
What your son need is a good rational upbringing that has nothing to do with the advice or blessing of a thieving pastor or bishop. When you worry about things like dedication, the child's future will be like that of a typical socalled independent African nation like Nigeria that is devoid of constructive initiatives and cannot rule itself.

That child like every human is a stardust and the earlier he realises that,the more fulfilled his life will be. When he does,he wouldn't need a down at hill pastor to pray for him before he he's out there to get want he needs to make his own life worthwhile.

Parents shouldn't think babies because it leaves the supposed children in dire situations.

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by obinoral1179(m): 11:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
now look at it from this angle, if the church does accept to do open thanksgiving the same people who are condemning the church will still condemn the church for supporting the process through which d child came.

The point is the child doesn't have anything to loose for not being dedicated openly

I wasn't dedicated in church and it doesn't make me less of myself or anybody.

Dedication doesn't mean the child must know God etc.

Just let it be.

what are they preaching in that church or rather which bible are they using to guide their members... Forgiveness is very paramount in christianity... Church that cannot forgive and forgets your past. Is that one a church? For me I will confront them and ask them if they have not committed a more grievous sin, they should cast the first stones. Hypocrite everywhere...
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Omoluabi16(m): 11:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
Frankly, even as a Christian this is one rule I still can't comprehend. Be it an illegitimate child, or a child of an unknown father, such kids are still from God..Who after all is the Creator of heaven and earth, and the giver of life. Each church has it's own doctrine though. I'll tell you to set an hour one day and pray fervently for your child and commit his/her future to God. your child is blessed, not cursed. don't let anyone look down on your child.

I must argue dis mata for church angry it's so unfair.

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by tete7000(m): 11:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
Sijo01:
How long will this discrimination against your son continue?

If the church wants to give out scholarships or any other thing that will benefit your son tomorrow, won't the church deny him of it due to the same reason they want to dedicate him behind closed doors?

Won't other kids born and unborn who will get to know of the circumstances surrounding his conception, discriminate and treat him like an outcast tomorrow?

Madam, you and your husband should sit down ask yourselves those questions I put up there and save your son the pain that church will inflict on him is he grow up there.

Serious questions. Will the discrimination follow the child through his life in the church? Will he perpetually be seen as an outcast or be welcome with open arm like other children? The person who raised these questions, your head dey there - Ori e wa nbe.

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Agili: 12:00am On Mar 27, 2017
Today's Mass Gospel Reading directly addresses this situation. John9:1-17.

All i hear about this is sounding like the pharisees. Instead of seeing the beauty of Jesus healing a blind man from birth ( the baby), they were more saying he healed the man on a sabbath day ( the sex outside wedlock)

How can the church that agreed to wed a pregnant woman refuse to dedicate her child publicly?

What would Jesus do here? Dedicate or not dedicate?

The prodigal son was even celebrated with the fattest cow.

Even though Mary was already pregnant with Jesus ( by the Holy Spirit) even before their planned wedding. Joseph accepted the pregnancy was his even before the wedding, yet Jesus was dedicated publicly before simeon on the eight day like every other child.

I am appalled by this judgmental behavior of this church and some responders here claiming holy.

What about those people who were having sex before their marriage but didnt get pregnant and then after their wedding in this same church, got pregnant and were publicly allowed to dedicate their child?

All these comments of letting it be and accepting the church rules are not addressing the crux of the matter which is absolute discrimination.

We need to really understand who Jesus Christ is!

eyinjuege:
There are consequences for every actions.

Accept responsibility for your actions and move on. You went against your church's doctrine.

No one is judging you, but you sinned. You've asked for forgiveness, you've been forgiven but why is it so hard for you to serve the punishment if you're truly repentant?

Most times when your parents punish you for wrong doing, its done out of love. So it doesn't mean your church hasn't got love for you. If at all you feel anyone is punishing your son, its you punishing your son. Not your church.

If the dedication meant so much to you, maybe you should have thought of your actions before doing it?

Yes, the church is all about forgiveness. But they also have rules they follow. Why you want them to change the rules you know have been in existence since forever, strictly for you is what I really don't understand.

Do your private dedication, and go have your party afterwards. Or you can go to another church that will do your dedication for you, and go about your business.

The main thing is to raise your son uprightly. Again, that's your responsibility. Pray for wisdom not to fail in it.

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by defemidefemi(m): 12:01am On Mar 27, 2017
Either open, close or no dedication at all, this will not stop the child from becoming what God has pronounced him to become.. what matter most is the path you train him to follow and if or not he follow the path.. was Buhari, Saraki or Dangote dedicated in any church?.. all that is major for the child is for him to give his life to Christ when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 12:03am On Mar 27, 2017
obinoral1179:
what are they preaching in that church or rather which bible are they using to guide their members... Forgiveness is very paramount in christianity... Church that cannot forgive and forgets your past. Is that one a church? For me I will confront them and ask them if they have not committed a more grievous sin, they should cast the first stones. Hypocrite everywhere...
King David sinned in the bible,took another man's wife and caused the husband's death.The woman conceived but the child became sick.David prayed and fasted for the child to be well.God let the child die.God forgave David but the child still died.
When you ask what bible are they reading to guide their members,be sure you have read the contents yourself.

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by obataokenwa(m): 12:04am On Mar 27, 2017
Change church cos that church won't give you joy and will always judge your past. Winners chapel will welcome you so much.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by k9ine(m): 12:12am On Mar 27, 2017
@ OP
As a sensitive and spiritually implicative issue as this, you decide that of all places on earth it is Nairaland you bring such matter to.

I hope you have observed that more than 60 percent of replies you got have only succeeded in insulting your church authority, christian discipline, even christianity as a whole. You have allowed atheists, freethinkers, muslims and liberals (who have no insight of Christianity, and full of what they profess) to massage your ego of valuing the chaff over the grain.

I mean that from your complaint you would rather prefer the influx of your invited guests to come and see you, to the intrinsic meaning of the dedication.

Whether it is done in the main sunday service or after it, it does not prevent the "acknowledgement of heaven" that your child was "brought before God" in his temple.
Let me ask you. Is there a difference between a wedding conducted by the priest in the chapel with just 10 perons present, and that done in the main church building with seats fully occupied?

If it's the discipline of your church to do such, for Christ's sake please obey. I understand you are worried it's your first child. If you go to another church, and later if an usher orders you rudely when you are celebrating your 5th wedding anniversary in your new church, would you leave also?

Please make Jesus proud, by obeying. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 27, 2017
grin

Looks like a sheep is disagreeing with the justice of the shepherd. There is so much confusion in religion. Why does any one need to 'dedicate' a child for fuccks sake! It has no real meaning. I dont understand why a man and his wife, both very literate and can read and understand the Bible need to go to church and be treated like mor0ns, bring your child let me 'dedicate' for you. What does it take to say 5 minutes prayer while breast-feeding the child ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by fof1: 12:16am On Mar 27, 2017
Livie2016:
Hello,

Would really appreciate some words of advice please. I'm really sad. No judgmental posts posse.

I conceived my first child when I was dating my boyfriend, now husband and then we got married shortly after I fell pregnant. We had planned to get married even before I got pregnant but when I got pregnant, we then decided to bring the date forward. It was a very difficult period for me because my mum really made me feel bad. I repented to God from a heart of genuine sincerity and sought his forgiveness which I received by his grace. I fell short of the glory of God but God forgave me and had mercy on me.

Fast forward to a year plus after my wedding. My son is now 6 months and we would like to dedicate him in church. We have however been told that the church will not accept him for the regular dedication process where the parents dance out to the front of the church alongside close relatives and friends. What the church has said is that we can only do a private dedication service in a different room after the service. I'm devastated.

My son is innocent and pure. He was conceived from a sinful act but God has forgiven us. I've now been happily married to my husband and father of my child for more than a year. Is it therefore fair for the church to treat my son like he's an outcast and not worthy of being celebrated openly and publicly?

I feel so humiliated and wanted to cancel the dedication and do it in a church where h will be openly celebrated and received as a wonderful gift from God which my darling son is. My husband has accepted it but I'm struggling to do so. The church is supposed to be about love. What is the biblical basis for saying that my son cannot be pubclily dedicated?

Would really like some views here. Should I cancel the dedication and do it somewhere else or go ahead with the private/ secret dedication?

Many thanks for reading.

MY DR.SISTER. WHO IS A SAINT EVEN AFTER TRUE REPENTANCE. RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT MOIMOI.HYPOCRITES ABOUND IN D TEMPLE OF TRUTH. FOR ME, U SHOULD STOP,CABCEL D DEDICATION OUTRIGHT.FISREGARD IT AND LIVE UR LIFE BEFORE GOD AND MAN. PURSUE PURITY AND SHOW LOVE TO THOSE WHO PERSECUTES U FOR UR ERROR. HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN IN D INSTANT SHOULD CAST D FIRST STONE. MERCY AND LOVE FLOWS FROM HIS THRONE UNTIL D DAY APPOINTED.SHALOM.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by redsun(m): 12:16am On Mar 27, 2017
Billyonaire:
grin

Looks like a sheep is disagreeing with the justice of the shepherd. There is so much confusion in religion. Why does any one need to 'dedicate' a child for fuccks sake! It has no real meaning. I dont understand why a man and his wife, both very literate and can read and understand the Bible need to go to church and be treated like mor0ns, bring your child let me 'dedicate' for you. What does it take to say 5 minutes prayer while breast-feeding the child ?

Educated my asss. Africans are not educated, t gateway is why they in the darkest abyss.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by k9ine(m): 12:19am On Mar 27, 2017
Imagine what you just said.
You are only concerned with your church pews just occupied, you care less of her faith. and christian living. I dout that your. founder Bshp Oyedepo would tell her such. If you doubt me tell him about the story.

obataokenwa:
Change church cos that church won't give you joy and will always judge your past. Winners chapel will welcome you so much.

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 27, 2017
Livie2016:
Hello,

Would really appreciate some words of advice please. I'm really sad. No judgmental posts posse.

I conceived my first child when I was dating my boyfriend, now husband and then we got married shortly after I fell pregnant. We had planned to get married even before I got pregnant but when I got pregnant, we then decided to bring the date forward. It was a very difficult period for me because my mum really made me feel bad. I repented to God from a heart of genuine sincerity and sought his forgiveness which I received by his grace. I fell short of the glory of God but God forgave me and had mercy on me.

Fast forward to a year plus after my wedding. My son is now 6 months and we would like to dedicate him in church. We have however been told that the church will not accept him for the regular dedication process where the parents dance out to the front of the church alongside close relatives and friends. What the church has said is that we can only do a private dedication service in a different room after the service. I'm devastated.

My son is innocent and pure. He was conceived from a sinful act but God has forgiven us. I've now been happily married to my husband and father of my child for more than a year. Is it therefore fair for the church to treat my son like he's an outcast and not worthy of being celebrated openly and publicly?

I feel so humiliated and wanted to cancel the dedication and do it in a church where h will be openly celebrated and received as a wonderful gift from God which my darling son is. My husband has accepted it but I'm struggling to do so. The church is supposed to be about love. What is the biblical basis for saying that my son cannot be pubclily dedicated?

Would really like some views here. Should I cancel the dedication and do it somewhere else or go ahead with the private/ secret dedication?

Many thanks for reading.
You dey slack oh. Kukuma change go anoda church na. There many churches that would gladly accept you and dedicate your baby. But why did it take you this long to dedicate him?
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by eyinjuege: 12:23am On Mar 27, 2017
Agili:
Today's Mass Gospel Reading directly addresses this situation. John9:1-17.

All i hear about this is sounding like the pharisees. Instead of seeing the beauty of Jesus healing a blind man from birth ( the baby), they were more saying he healed the man on a sabbath day ( the sex outside wedlock)

How can the church that agreed to wed a pregnant woman refuse to dedicate her child publicly?

What would Jesus do here? Dedicate or not dedicate?

The prodigal son was even celebrated with the fattest cow.

Even though Mary was already pregnant with Jesus ( by the Holy Spirit) even before their planned wedding. Joseph accepted the pregnancy was his even before the wedding, yet Jesus was dedicated publicly before simeon on the eight day like every other child.

I am appalled by this judgmental behavior of this church and some responders here claiming holy.

What about those people who were having sex before their marriage but didnt get pregnant and then after their wedding in this same church, got pregnant and were publicly allowed to dedicate their child?

All these comments of letting it be and accepting the church rules are not addressing the crux of the matter which is absolute discrimination.

We need to really understand who Jesus Christ is!

I see nothing wrong in a closed door dedication.

I feel its more about the showmanship of the whole matter. You want to dance to the front, so people can congratulate you.

If you do a dedication in the sanctity of your home, just you and your husband, even without any pastor present, does it mean God won't accept your son as dedicated?

What discrimination is there? Is she better than those who opt for a closed door dedication for their child? ( some do it despite the child being conceived after marriage). Is it until they come out publicly before the child will be seen as dedicated to the Lord?
Everyone is talking of absolute discrimination. Even those that want to be 2nd wife will talk their own, those that are gay and want the church to join them will still talk their own.
There's no how any concerned party will not shout discrimination.
You want me (the church) to accept you for who you are, yet you want me (the church) to change myself, and stop being true to self. It is you who have unfortunately refused to accept me (the church) for who I am.

2 Likes

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by RZArecta(m): 12:28am On Mar 27, 2017
Livie2016:
Hello,

Many thanks for reading.
madam, quietly change your church since they've already judged and condemned the innocent boy and you

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Drabrah(m): 12:39am On Mar 27, 2017
Livie2016:
Hello,

Many thanks for reading.

Question is, "Are you jst getting to know ur ch's stand on such an issue?"
I'm sure such a rule has bn on b4 u conceived ur child, hence twasn't made because of u. If dat is d case, u wudn't expect dem to bend d rule for u.
This is not abt d Biblical basis. It is abt ch doctrine & ch doctrines (though mostly bible based) are not necessarily extracts frm d Bible. They're set of rules to guide d conduct of members so as to maintain sanity in d system. For example, in ur own case, if dat's d rule ur ch has laid down & they break d rule for u, then others ll ride on dat to fall in like manner.
In fact, may I ask you, where did d Bible say dat dedication shud be done openly, or , put in ur own words, "wot is designed Biblical basis for saying ur son shud be openly dedicated?

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Snowpikin: 12:43am On Mar 27, 2017
Madam...... pls stop feeling guilty about having a child.
Who is d church to judge??
Many people have been married for ages, yet still struggling to have just one child , no luck and here u are feeling downcast because d church is making u believe u done what no one has ever done before.....

Pls cheer up and do what ur mind wants.

If u drop just 1 milla as offering now, na dem go begin ask u how u want make d dedication be.

So many children born to pastors, evangelists, bishops etc.... that were baptised, dedicated, bla bla bla later turned out to be a thorn ind flesh of their parents.

There are many pastors kids who are armed robbers, cult members, runs girls etc... dnt be decieved .its not how far but how well.

THE PRAYER OF ANY MOTHER ON HER CHILD FAR OUTWEIGHS THAT OF ANY CHURCH ON THAT CHILD....
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by adanny01(m): 12:49am On Mar 27, 2017
This matter sounds strange to me.

A childs dedication only means that you as parents swear to raise your child to the fear and ways of God.

My church being an orthodox one would have placed you on church discipline for having a child out of wedlock. They will not join you as husband and wife like a normal marriage but can bless the marriage after serving the disciplinary actions and performing the tradional rites. That will make you as a couple recognised in the church to perticipate in every activity of the church without limits. This also should mean your child should be dedicated and celebrated in from of the church.

It seems this church of yours does not believe in forgiveness. If they do, they should have been able to make you serve your punishment and publicly declare that you have done right by God and now free to dedicate your child, it will be discriminating to hold this childs dedication secretly as if he is not a child from God.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by BigIyanga: 1:06am On Mar 27, 2017
Phiniter:
[center][/center]exactly she has already condemned the poor child herself shows her level of brain washing like seriously there was no official marriage ceremony between Adam and even yet nobody is judging them madam do not let any church or congregation make you feel bad about this wonderful miracle God has performed in your life
Dont mind her!! God judges intentions..They had good intentions to get marrried, why is she condemning that little innocent angel?

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Mouthgag: 1:06am On Mar 27, 2017
[quote author=Livie2016 post=54951411]Hello,

I conceived my first child when I was dating my boyfriend, now husband and then we got married shortly after I fell pregnant. We had planned to get married even before I got pregnant but
when I got pregnant, we then decided to bring the date forward.
As if there was no jukujuku even b4 u got the one that got you pregnant...

It was a very difficult period for me because my mum really made me feel bad.
Good mother.

I repented to God from a heart of genuine sincerity and sought his forgiveness which I received by his grace
Who told you that?

. I fell short of the glory of God but God forgave me and had mercy on me.
Storey story

Many thanks for reading.
Your church is wise
Your son is not innocent (according to the Bible... )

Move on.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Mouthgag: 1:09am On Mar 27, 2017
dingbang:
Do not go to a church that you aren't welcome, forThe house of the lord is not meant for righteous people. They are hypocrites in his sight.

Shut up!
You're the bloody hypocrite.
According to the Bible, the child is a BASTARD!
THE CHURCH CAN'T CELEBRATE A BASTARD.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 27, 2017
I thank God that I am not a sheeple.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by bonna4u(m): 1:19am On Mar 27, 2017
fof1:

MY DR.SISTER. WHO IS A SAINT EVEN AFTER TRUE REPENTANCE. RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT MOIMOI.HYPOCRITES ABOUND IN D TEMPLE OF TRUTH. FOR ME, U SHOULD STOP,CABCEL D DEDICATION OUTRIGHT.FISREGARD IT AND LIVE UR LIFE BEFORE GOD AND MAN. PURSUE PURITY AND SHOW LOVE TO THOSE WHO PERSECUTES U FOR UR ERROR. HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN IN D INSTANT SHOULD CAST D FIRST STONE. MERCY AND LOVE FLOWS FROM HIS THRONE UNTIL D DAY APPOINTED.SHALOM.
This your uppercase typing makes the message difficult to read.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by shoboy9: 1:24am On Mar 27, 2017
Really nauseating.
You disobeyed God by getting into fornication. Then you got pregnant from it. Now the church want to do private dedication for you, but you insist(INSIST!) that the whole world must come to celebrate your sinful way. And of course, this campaign on nairaland is part of your attempt to arm twist the church?
If you are a person of mercy as you claim, why do you insist on your way in the church? Don't you have a home where you can invite whoever you want? Why do you want to celebrate your sin in church? And if you are repentant, where is the remorse for your deed? In your write up, i see no remorse, just anger.
But i hope you are aware that one day God will release his own anger?

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by SalamRushdie: 1:25am On Mar 27, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
now look at it from this angle, if the church does accept to do open thanksgiving the same people who are condemning the church will still condemn the church for supporting the process through which d child came.

The point is the child doesn't have anything to loose for not being dedicated openly

I wasn't dedicated in church and it doesn't make me less of myself or anybody.

Dedication doesn't mean the child must know God etc.

Just let it be.

Senseless post
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Ntipia: 1:37am On Mar 27, 2017
So you mean that your church should change its rules and regulations because of you and your family did the rules and regulations did it start with you and your family or do you think that the church is a country like Nigeria where the APC changes the rules to suit dear stealing MADAM GO AND FIND SEAT
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by hysteriabox(m): 1:42am On Mar 27, 2017
Livie2016:
Hello,

Many thanks for reading.

Hi. Here is my take
Questions to tackle:
1. Whats your perception/conviction about child dedication- is it about dancing out with relatives, eating rice n open prayers? If yes, then go elsewhere where you can find it.
2. Are you the first members to be dealt such a punishment in that church? We need to know if your dealing with a moralist church or a hypocritical one. If you are being treated unjustly, then it put a different complexion on the matter
3. Does repentance n forgiveness cancel out consequences? Our actions carry consequences whether we repent from them or not. Its a life lesson that you should live by n pass down to your children too.
4. Why are you seeing this as an issue over your son? Your son isnt the victim here. His innocence shouldnt be waved around like a flag. The moment you do that, then you add sentiments to the dough, which kinda ruins everything. See reasons past your son's inocence- I guess every org has to honor its standards, practice what it preaches

Congrats. May you child grow to affect Nigeria with the God we so desperately need

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Daboomb: 1:46am On Mar 27, 2017
Livie2016:
Hello,

Many thanks for reading.

Why do people always get sad....... over what others do to them?
Why do you hinge your happiness on the actions of others, knowing you cannot control what they do nor predict what they will do?

Was Jesus dedicated in a Church? NO!!

*What is dedication?
*How does it impact negatively or positively on the life of a child?
*Is it a guarantee that the child will follow God ?
*if not done or not done in a church or not done openly where people dance around, will it make the child a lesser person in Life?

[b]We are PRISONERS to WHAT WE BELIEVE!

You know what, my Dad was a staunch Christian (as in a really praying type who gets result from his prayers!) but he never did any Child dedication in Church!
My Dad never organise a naming ceremony (according to him, he did not see anywhere that a naming Ceremony was organised for Jesus!)
When he wife begets a child, `he looks at the child on delivery, carries him or her in his hand (first time of touching the child) and in front of everybody, he proclaims: Your names shall be x, y and z.
He stretches forward his hand with the child in it and looks onto the 'sky' and says; Jehovah the God of heaven, this child of mine that you have given me, let him be a child for signs and wonders, let him not bring sorrow to our home and let him fulfill destiny (Amen).
That is the end.

from that moment, anyone that comes into our house to greet the newborn, is given food and drinks and he keeps doing so for a good one month (after which he starts giving you the eyes of he realises you are turning it to a habit to come and chop over and over again! grin grin ).

I and my siblings have been doing the same thing to our children and nothing do them.

We have been "set-free' from the BELIEF that we need someone to dedicate our children `for us.

Well, nothing do you sha, but you have obviously submitted "control over your affairs", to another "man", be he a Pastor or whatever.

As to all those "moralist" hypocrites saying you disobeyed God, ask them if they had never disobeyed God before and if they had, they should leave the matter to God to judge.
As far as God is concerned, He had forgiven you before you even knew it! undecided undecided
It is foolish humans that carry the matter for head like Village headmaster. grin grin
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by BlackOnassis(m): 1:49am On Mar 27, 2017
Shior. Na who dedication don epp? Abeg dedicate ur baby in your parlor and invite ppl to chop rice and chicken. Anything more than that is aseju
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Daboomb: 1:51am On Mar 27, 2017
Mouthgag:

Shut up!
You're the bloody hypocrite.
According to the Bible, the child is a BASTARD!
THE CHURCH CAN'T CELEBRATE A BASTARD.

Can we have Bible citations of the above please?

Book, Chapter and Verse.

...and please, tone down the foul language, it does not make your point more important

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? / Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria / The Story Of The Edo Pastor Who Was Accused Of Rituals Is Actually False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.