Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby (33234 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Dunamis Glory Dome Dedication In Abuja / The Dedication Of Glory Dome, Dunamis Headquarters In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by micflo28(m): 7:36am On Mar 27, 2017
catholic church would never behave this way, reason we have confession, receive the sacraments, go for marriage classes and wed and you become a family. Jesus said, cast the first stone o' ye that is of no sin. The priests and the elders where the first to leave the scene of condemnation. Please go to a church where you and your family will be treated as worthy members.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by TinaAnita(f): 7:39am On Mar 27, 2017
Bahddo:
a product of fornication? Wow! Religion has messed you guys up in your hypocritical heads.

Swear on your life that you are a virgin, because you are unmarried. Or is it better to abort the child? undecided

I'm done with this issue.

I rest my argument
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Modele35: 7:40am On Mar 27, 2017
My sister, same thing happened to me. it is humilation. i think u shld find another church. i still go there with my husband the church is TPH but i am going for peace sake. will soon stop going or find a neutral church. Even Jesus forgave the sinners on the cross with him how much more we human beings. my son is almost two now and the other one is on the way. if they do this again for the new one coming, that is the end. i wont EVER go there again. there is no scripture in the bible that says once u marry u must go to husbands church. it is a decision u both should prayerfully make.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Angrymode: 7:44am On Mar 27, 2017
It's a sad situation but I believe the right one. I would like to be in such a Church with such principles becuase it is the right one.

Most persons will be sorry when they are caught doing wrong and expect forgiveness without any form of consequence.

I believe if someone is truely repentant, he/she is also 100% ready to face the consequences of his/her action(s).

Let's paint a picture now: 'you have two kids and about to serve dinner. When you got to the kitchen, you caught one eating meat from the pot so you got angry and decided to punish him. However, the child cried and pleaded for mercy and forgiveness and you did grant him both'. The question now is 'would you still serve this child meat on the dinner table in the presence of the other knowing that the other is also aware?'

What the church is doing is teaching you and others a good lesson and you will accept it if you are truly sorry.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by kevoh(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2017
thorpido:
You do not understand the concept of sin.
David's example doesn't apply to everyone but was his own punishment.
Talking about thinking deep and illogical,the ways of God are far beyond man's logical reasoning.
You did not answer the questions I asked. In other words, you can kill your grandson because he is a product of his father's randy ways. It's alright, it's expected from you christians.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2017
Modele35:
My sister, same thing happened to me. it is humilation. i think u shld find another church. i still go there with my husband the church is TPH but i am going for peace sake. will soon stop going or find a neutral church. Even Jesus forgave the sinners on the cross with him how much more we human beings. my son is almost two now and the other one is on the way. if they do this again for the new one coming, that is the end. i wont EVER go there again. there is no scripture in the bible that says once u marry u must go to husbands church. it is a decision u both should prayerfully make.
One thing I'll just say about your comment here is that you learn to be subject to spiritual authorities and obey rules.
God we serve expects that of us.
He takes no pleasure in the arrogant and loves those who are of a contrite spirit.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by kevoh(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2017
thorpido:
You do not understand the concept of sin.
David's example doesn't apply to everyone but was his own punishment.
Talking about thinking deep and illogical,the ways of God are far beyond man's logical reasoning.
You did not answer the questions I asked. In other words, you can kill your grandson because he is a product of his father's randy ways. It's alright, it's expected from you christians.I am not disappointed!
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by lexy2014: 7:49am On Mar 27, 2017
eyinjuege:
There are consequences for every actions.

Accept responsibility for your actions and move on. You went against your church's doctrine.

No one is judging you, but you sinned. You've asked for forgiveness, you've been forgiven but why is it so hard for you to serve the punishment if you're truly repentant?

Most times when your parents punish you for wrong doing, its done out of love. So it doesn't mean your church hasn't got love for you. If at all you feel anyone is punishing your son, its you punishing your son. Not your church.

If the dedication meant so much to you, maybe you should have thought of your actions before doing it?

Yes, the church is all about forgiveness. But they also have rules they follow. Why you want them to change the rules you know have been in existence since forever, strictly for you is what I really don't understand.

Do your private dedication, and go have your party afterwards. Or you can go to another church that will do your dedication for you, and go about your business.

The main thing is to raise your son uprightly. Again, that's your responsibility. Pray for wisdom not to fail in it.

when she gives tithe and offering does d church ask her 2 do it privately cos of her "sin"or like every other person?
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by aku626(m): 7:50am On Mar 27, 2017
I can go on and blast the church as it is not biblical bla and bla. But I won't the church has its doctrines man made or God made this doctrines are meant to guide the church God respects authority and order. Dedication of your baby can easily encourage others to have babies outside wedlock and I'm sure that's the reason why they've chosen not to dedicate your baby publicly. What matters here is your baby being dedicated don't be sentimental about it. I keep telling people you're in church to serve God do it the best way you can and understand
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by lexy2014: 7:54am On Mar 27, 2017
Angrymode:
It's a sad situation but I believe the right one. I would like to be in such a Church with such principles becuase it is the right one.

Most persons will be sorry when they are caught doing wrong and expect forgiveness without any form of consequence.

I believe if someone is truely repentant, he/she is also 100% ready to face the consequences of his/her action(s).

Let's paint a picture now: 'you have two kids and about to serve dinner. When you got to the kitchen, you caught one eating meat from the pot so you got angry and decided to punish him. However, the child cried and pleaded for mercy and forgiveness and you did grant him both'. The question now is 'would you still serve this child meat on the dinner table in the presence of the other knowing that the other is also aware?'

What the church is doing is teaching you and others a good lesson and you will accept it if you are truly sorry.
with what u have said I remember d story of d prodigal son, his brother and his dad and I wonder if we understand grace at all
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by tranxo(m): 7:55am On Mar 27, 2017
TinaAnita:

I rest my argument

Are you a virgin? Yes or no. Simple
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 27, 2017
It's hypocritical to do a dedication behind closed doors; what's the point? They should either accept to do it or forbid it outright. Whom do they think they are hiding from? God sees all. And if the aim is to punish you and deter other people from engaging in premarital relations, where is the Christian forgiveness? And why punish the child for things he doesn't know of. How is this different from abortion? Do they think a child's birth in Christ is less significant than his birth in general?
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 7:57am On Mar 27, 2017
kevoh:

You did not answer the questions I asked. In other words, you can kill your grandson because he is a product of his father's randy ways. It's alright, it's expected from you christians.
Yea, you Christians,yada yada.
Am i God?That answers your question.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by chinnasa: 7:57am On Mar 27, 2017
which is important dedication or baptism? either public or private dedication God loves your family. Some churches are business centres investors might pull out if criticism starts. God is love.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by donnie(m): 8:03am On Mar 27, 2017
Livie2016:

Would really like some views here. Should I cancel the dedication and do it somewhere else or go ahead with the private/ secret dedication?

Many thanks for reading.

My dear, If that is your church and you have been receiving from God in that place, it is the wisdom of God for you to submit to the authorites there. God frowns at and will fight rebellion.

Do not listen to people saying you should get up and leave or dedicate the baby yourself. They do not know the Lord. Remember its only the Lord that blesses and His blessing will be great and abide with your son whether dedication is done in private or public.

What matters is not how many people witnessed it, but how much of God's grace you can receive by faith for your son at that dedication. I challenge you to honour the Lord with your obedience and watch him openly honour you and your family.

So stay in your church and continully be nourished, as any such decision to leave should only be because of the Word and as the Lord leads you... not for selfish reasons.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by ellawify: 8:07am On Mar 27, 2017
My sis I totally understand how u feel, if I were to be in ur shoes I will not only take my son to another church for his dedication, I will also quit dat for good!
How dare them condemn an innocent child that knows nothing?
How dare u say dat ur son was conceived in an unholy way?
Here I am looking for a bundle of joy, a son for DAT matter and some group of holier than thou people are busy condemning a poor child!
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by kevoh(m): 8:07am On Mar 27, 2017
thorpido:
Yea, you Christians,yada yada.
Am i God?That answers your question.
So if this god (through a voice in your head)tells you to kill your grandson because his father was randy you would kill him because the ways of god are not man's ways! I just dey laugh here! smiley smiley
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by femi4: 8:08am On Mar 27, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
now look at it from this angle, i[b]f the church does accept to do open thanksgiving the same people who are condemning the church will still condemn the church for supporting the process through which d child came[/b].

The point is the child doesn't have anything to loose for not being dedicated openly

I wasn't dedicated in church and it doesn't make me less of myself or anybody.

Dedication doesn't mean the child must know God etc.

Just let it be.

Get over it, its over a yr. Whatever punishment she deserves should be over by now.

Ti a ba fi owo otun back Omo wi, a tun fi owo osi fa mora
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 8:13am On Mar 27, 2017
kevoh:

So if this god (through a voice in your head)tells you to kill your grandson because his father was randy you would kill him because the ways of god are not man's ways! I just dey laugh here! smiley smiley
I knoow the difference between the voice of the devil and the voice of God.
By 'this god' you speak of telling me to kill my grandson,what do you think I'll do?
I'm the one laughing here. cheesy
I'm not ignorant.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by SIRTee15: 8:15am On Mar 27, 2017
Angrymode:

Please go and read about the prodigal son......
The answer to your non biblical epistle is therein......
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by AgbenuAnna(f): 8:17am On Mar 27, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Senseless post
sorry you can state your point .

I stated my opinion and I have right to do that .

Don't insult peoples opinion
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by AgbenuAnna(f): 8:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Googleus:

Are u sure?
yes
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by AyamBlaze: 8:22am On Mar 27, 2017
The child was born out of wedlock, and churches have their doctrines regarding this kind of issue. So you expect the church to bend its doctrines just for you?? My sister, let them do it the way they want. Dedication does not guarantee that the child will be good in future.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Max24: 8:25am On Mar 27, 2017
dingbang:
Do not go to a church that you aren't welcome, forThe house of the lord is not meant for righteous people. They are hypocrites in his sight.

Sincerely, do you feel qualified to comment on religious issue such as this? Are u a knowledgeable and practising christian ? How much of the bible do u know and keep ? Church practises must be based on bible and not modern philosophy or human rights - it is a dogma.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by fromnigeria(m): 8:26am On Mar 27, 2017
Livie2016:
Hello,

?

Would really like some views here. Should I cancel the dedication and do it somewhere else or go ahead with the private/ secret dedication?

Many thanks for reading.
As a true christian, sharing your problem with more of unbelievers and even atheist will confuse and mislead you. Bewarn.

You sure have a friend in christ, he or she is can help you with better spiritual advice.

For me, with the power if the holy spirit in you, you are as good as your pastor and can dedicate your own child to God. You have a relationship with God my friend.
I dont believe it must be open or done by a pastor.

This is my view. Seek others (christian, believer) advice especially around you.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by dingbang(m): 8:30am On Mar 27, 2017
Max24:

Sincerely, do you feel qualified to comment on religious issue such as this? Are u a knowledgeable and practising christian ? How much of the bible do u know and keep ? Church practises must be based on bible and not modern philosophy or human rights - it is a dogma.
so I need to be pastor or priest before I comment on religious section.. Smh
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by iliyande(m): 8:30am On Mar 27, 2017
TinaAnita:

I rest my argument

Sis, I am a Christian. It is not right for you to tag a child "product of fornication please". People commit abortion and look clean and for those that choose to carry their cross are being discredit before men. This is the reason why abortion is trending in our lives today.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by onyii255(m): 8:33am On Mar 27, 2017
Let me goan think of the advice to give...
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by eyinjuege: 8:35am On Mar 27, 2017
lexy2014:
when she gives tithe and offering does d church ask her 2 do it privately cos of her "sin"or like every other person?

She wasn't excommunicated. So you think its acceptable to condone everything because you pay tithes and offering? An offering made for the wrong reasons isn't acceptable to God. If you believe your offering is to a pastor, better keep your money in your pocket, and buy nice things with it. If you sincerely believe its for the furtherance of the gospel then drop it with a joyful heart. No one will hold it against you.
We know the church is for sinners, heck I'm not even that religious. I however wouldn't want the church to change any of its rules because of me.
The church should be about tolerance, acceptance. Yet, why do we refuse them joining gay couples? Or do you think gay people are not welcome in church? They are more than welcome. However, I still don't believe the church should join them. The same people preaching here on showing love, acceptance, and non discrimination are the ones who will still throw the first stone at gay couples because we have come to accept fornication as the normal, and acceptable.
Because the church has refused a public dedication of her child so that others will not think they condone fornication doesn't mean they feel the child shouldn't be celebrated, the pastor didn't refuse to dedicate the child
The earlier we all learn to accept responsibility for our actions and stop pushing it on someone else the better for us all.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by kevoh(m): 8:37am On Mar 27, 2017
thorpido:
I knoow the difference between the voice of the devil and the voice of God.
By 'this god' you speak of telling me to kill my grandson,what do you think I'll do?
I'm the one laughing here. cheesy
I'm not ignorant.
Pray tell how do you determine a voice in your head is of this god? What language does this voice speak in your head? I'm truly interested! And finally if when you determine this voice, would you still obey its command to kill an innocent child because his father was randy?

Those are three questions up there. Three answers from you will suffice.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by coolsegun2002: 8:40am On Mar 27, 2017
Dyt:
Pls someone explain to me the difference between dedication in the open and dedication behind closed doors?

Some church doctrine mostly catholics and apostolic faiths...would say child born out of wedlock would not be allowed to be celebrated openly so as not to send the wrong message that the church management support the sinful act that led to the child, even though pikin na pikin....weda through Fornication or marriage

The closed door deduction is to let you know that all children are entitled to be dedicated....more like a separation to the parents for not doing the right thing

The OP is just being a baby...there are rules in all churches....she's hoping that her relationship with God should be the same with her relationship with man(i.e the church)
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by ElmaSpeed(f): 8:43am On Mar 27, 2017
JerryTemi:
please I indulge all of us to keep sentiment aside and put yourself in her shoe how will you behave? forget following the church rules and regulations please if you were her how will you handle this? when my only brother was sick,when I mean sick very sick and I needed help from my church as a worker in that church and the church said I should come back that they want to verify if my brother is a member but me that is a worker can't you look at me and do it for me,am not just a worker,I do other things for us in CHURCH, but when they couldn't help me and my brother died, Jesus I lost the respect I have for Churches, I see it as a place people look for saints,money and members. Ma I will tell you nothing but the truth,none of them not even the pastor have the right to condemn you,Jesus died on the cross for people like me and you, I keep them that nobody has the audacity to judge me because you are not in any way better than me,the things they do in secret if you hear it you will no that we are saint close to the door of heaven. Take your baby to another Church and dedicate him but from your house tell your baby who he is, bless him,pray for him.Assume you did abortion
that would have made you the best Christian Abi?Have this at the back of your mind Nigerians practice RELIGION NOT Christianity. kiss your boy for and tell him that I love him and his welcome.

God bless you.
God loves that child.
God loves his parents
The ways of God aren't the ways of man. If David were a Nigerian Christian, he would never ever be acceptable to fellow Christians even after God had called him "the man after my own heart".

The day you received forgiveness for what you did was the day you were made right with God.

The only person with the right to condemn you is the one who gave his life for you. If he hasn't condemned you, no one has the right to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? / Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria / Deeper Life Crusades, Retreats And Revivals —

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.