Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji (11616 Views)

My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job / Drama As Scared Nigerian Cadet Refuses To Jump During Military Training. Photos / Slay Queen Called To Bar Shares Her Experience At Nigerian Law School. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by eddychis: 12:44am On Apr 12, 2017
I think you should have made enquiries on the job you wanted to join before going. Military Job is not an easy one, you obey before complain. Most of the things that happened to you from your narratives was because you complained before obeying. You are not the first to go for military training neither are you going to be the last. Don't demonise those who were trying to make you a better officer. All you would have done is each time you are giving orders, you show the movement, then you later complain on your issue. Even in civil jobs, there are rules which you must follow. Next when you want to join anything, get to know all about the job before going.

12 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by jacko007(m): 7:28am On Apr 12, 2017
Hmmmm, Cadet, i also passed through less or even worst scenario...dont give up, forget the meriment of been a free man, with time it shall pay.... I admire your strength, keep it up........may almighty God guard you of our wicked heart been termed as training.
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by ibroh22(m): 8:30am On Apr 12, 2017
lebete3000:

On d second paragraph I believe I did d ryt thing by fleeing once I had d chance because they were likely gonna lock me up in guard room dat nyt after prep and aferwards all eyes was gonna be on me and all hands on deck to monitor my every move. I prolly won't be sharing my story ryt now if I didn't run away from there because they would have camped me very well.
Eeyahhh,,,I hope you are able to retrieve your documents.......Best Regards
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by ibroh22(m): 8:33am On Apr 12, 2017
lebete3000:

Thanx for your understanding Bro. More wisdom to your cerebrum. I also feel what you said about blaming Nigerians' unseriousness for the way Soldiers behave because I see Soldiers do the work of a yellow fever and when I asked around why even d Police couldn't do it, I was told they don't listen to even d police anymore and it's only Soldiers' iron hand dat fits them. Unfortunately such unseriousness make Soldiers think everyone is d same and hence spill over to serious ones like us.
Seriousness is not written on someone's forehead,so if they are dealing with one person,they deal with all...................Yoruba ppl use to say ti elese ba n jiya,olododo a ba pin be which means if those that sins are being dealt with,the righteous ones will take part of it too

Thanks for sharing your experience because I wanted to join military if I have the opportunity.i have experience their shit while in NYSC camp and I think am good to go.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2017
ibroh22:

Eeyahhh,,,I hope you are able to retrieve your documents.......Best Regards

Amen oh, thanx bro.
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 10:22am On Apr 12, 2017
ibroh22:

Seriousness is not written on someone's forehead,so if they are dealing with one person,they deal with all...................Yoruba ppl use to say ti elese ba n jiya,olododo a ba pin be which means if those that sins are being dealt with,the righteous ones will take part of it too

Thanks for sharing your experience because I wanted to join military if I have the opportunity.i have experience their shit while in NYSC camp and I think am good to go.

I wish you goodluck in your pursuit of d Army job and the best in there when you finally get it too.
I wish the Nigeria Army the very best too cos their success is my own success. Only a secure country is a prosperous country.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2017
eddychis:
I think you should have made enquiries on the job you wanted to join before going. Military Job is not an easy one, you obey before complain. Most of the things that happened to you from your narratives was because you complained before obeying. You are not the first to go for military training neither are you going to be the last. Don't demonise those who were trying to make you a better officer. All you would have done is each time you are giving orders, you show the movement, then you later complain on your issue. Even in civil jobs, there are rules which you must follow. Next when you want to join anything, get to know all about the job before going.

You sure you actually read my narratives or you just read it with your ready-made response that "military training is not an easy one"? Cos if you actually read it well you'll see the partiality,misunderstanding and where everything went wrong. You said I complained first but I was told to pin my head on a fractured leg. I still prostrate on d floor telling them and still pleading with him I had excuse duty for a fractured leg. Was dat not movement enough. Yet the foolishness in them won't let them hear and still go ahead and hit me with sticks. It's ds same mentality that will make ppl hail soldiers after brutalising civilians saying "if Soldier slap you, you'll know Police is your friend" it's funny quite alright but we end up justifying brutality on dr part. It's d same reason d Obama administration failed to sell us weapons due to our human right abuse and funny thing is we're still not the strongest army even in Africa with all this animality and beastiality you seem to idolize which you said I demonize.

Nevertheless everyone is entitled to their opinion as even with the current bastardized situation in Naija some ppl still believe that GMB is d best thing that happened to Nigeria after Jollof Rice and if not for him Naija will have nosedived than this.

Funnyworld!

13 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
The military is not a come chop institution, what if you trained at academy nko na so you go sky ba ? you shouldn't be doing this online

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by idu1(m): 7:25am On Apr 15, 2017
And people are dying to be in this guy's shoe.
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 8:26am On Apr 16, 2017
Airborne360:
The military is not a come chop institution, what if you trained at academy nko na so you go sky ba ? you shouldn't be doing this online

I've greed it is a "Come & die" institution which I'm not ready to be a part of.

I'll do everything possible to protect myself from your kinds.

5 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2017
Ryt now in Jaji, fvcking broke don't even know where to sleep.
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 8:17am On Apr 21, 2017
Finally bck home with all my documents and luggage. Praise be to God it was gotten on d same day I went after correct prayer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by HenriFayol(m): 9:30am On Apr 21, 2017
lebete3000:
Finally bck home with all my documents and luggage. Praise be to God it was gotten on d same day I went after correct prayer.
Thank God for you brother. Our military still has a long way to go.
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 9:42am On Apr 21, 2017
HenriFayol:
Thank God for you brother. Our military still has a long way to go.

Lol...do you mind joining too?
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by HenriFayol(m): 9:45am On Apr 21, 2017
lebete3000:

Lol...do you mind joining too?
I actually tried. I was earlier in Navy Dssc screening but I was dropped on monday.
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 10:28am On Apr 21, 2017
HenriFayol:
I actually tried. I was earlier in Navy Dssc screening but I was dropped on monday.

This Monday? Wetin happen na?
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Rtopzy(f): 2:52am On Apr 25, 2017
lebete3000:
Hope you are okey now? Thank God u've got ur stuff
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 7:03am On Apr 26, 2017
Rtopzy:

Hope you are okey now? Thank God u've got ur stuff

I really thank God o....moving on with my life jarey. I love my freedom.
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lastmessenger: 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2017
Don't let anyone make you feel bad Mr op. In Nigeria there are double standard. In the same training ground I believe there are people who receive preferential treatment cos of who they know at the top.
Put your energy to do something else and show the world that you have it in you to make it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2017
lebete3000:

I've greed it is a "Come & die" institution which I'm not ready to be a part of.

I'll do everything possible to protect myself from your kinds.
lolz God was on your side my brother some weren't as lucky as you were.i have had my bad experiences too.

Meanwhile..... Plant your head there!
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Graxie(f): 1:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
Please don't be discourage. Move on with your life but watch your back. They hardly forget. They might set you up now that you are talking. They want to be seen as HEROES. Please watch your back . Meanwhile hold on to Christ, He doesn't disappoint and doesn't do favoritism. You future is bright and you must get there in Jesus name. I command every muscles and bones in your leg that needs surgery to be constructed supernaturally in Jesus name. Shalom!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
lastmessenger:
Don't let anyone make you feel bad Mr op. In Nigeria there are double standard. In the same training ground I believe there are people who receive preferential treatment cos of who they know at the top.
Put your energy to do something else and show the world that you have it in you to make it.
prefential treatment might get you in but once in you are on your own

1 Like

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
Graxie:
Please don't be discourage. Move on with your life but watch your back. They hardly forget. They might set you up now that you are talking. They want to be seen as HEROES. Please watch your back . Meanwhile hold on to Christ, He doesn't disappoint and doesn't do favoritism. You future is bright and you must get there in Jesus name. I command every muscles and bones in your leg that needs surgery to be constructed supernaturally in Jesus name. Shalom!!!
hehehehe cheesy cheesy pray for me too
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
Airborne360:
hehehehe cheesy cheesy pray for me too
Dan iska I knew I would find you here tongue
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
Crazypilot:
Dan iska I knew I would find you here tongue
yeye boi grin
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Iykecaroll(m): 4:48pm On May 21, 2017
lebete3000:

My brother yearn me about nysc tory?

Lol. Bros...sorry. Been offline.
Well, nothing much to say, buh its not easy. Just get ready to face "anything" in camp. Be smart, be on time to avoid jobs& embarrassment.

One just has to be loyal to every command. Hide ur strong headedness for house, knowing its just 3weeks. Its fun tho...in a way.
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by bodlandsystems: 3:05pm On May 22, 2017
MAY 27th 2017

career turbo charge {CTC} Workshop

Give your career a boost, attend a 1-day career turbo charge workshop where we showcase practical and globally recognized tools to boost career and personal productivity.
Workshop highlights:

ü Fundamentals of project management
ü Time management
ü Quality management
ü Marketing Strategy
ü Marketing Research
ü Creative thinking
ü Team management

The workshop will be delivered in an interesting and engaging manner by certified professionals.
Workshop Benefits include tools and techniques you can start using immediately to improve your performance.
There will be;

v Tea break
v Lunch break
v Workshop materials {Workbook and stationery}
v Support materials {eBooks of USB stick}
v Certificate of participation

Course Fee:N10,000 {50% Discount},was N20,000
Venue: 140, Borno Way, Ebute Meta, Yaba, Lagos.
Date: Saturday, MAY 6, 2017[
Time: 9am-5pm

For more information please call
Kunle +234 802 370 1151
+234 809 370 1151
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Kalapizim(m): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
lebete3000:

You can't be working in Shell/Chevron and say "this is my dream job ah don zero my mind for the worst". Na condition go make you bend go there. Don't deceive yourself.
I have options but chose d Army and left wen I couldn't put up with rubbish. Countrties with d strongest armies don't do such rubbish to dr personnels.
shell or no shell the military will always come first bro
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by hausadreturn(m): 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2018
lebete3000:

I really thank God o....moving on with my life jarey. I love my freedom.
Hello bro.
I know this is old, and I feel for you.
I thought I should ask, what exactly caused the bike accident that it had to involve 7 people?
Secondly, how did you eventually retrieve your certificate?
I desire to join the army but now I'm having second thoughts.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by durella32: 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2018
I applied for course24 I pray they pick me... mine is even Ssc nt dssc Bt I bliv I can weather the storm...i just pray I make it
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 8:09am On Nov 06, 2018
hausadreturn:
Hello bro.
I know this is old, and I feel for you.
I thought I should ask, what exactly caused the bike accident that it had to involve 7 people?
Secondly, how did you eventually retrieve your certificate?
I desire to join the army but now I'm having second thoughts.

Bro as I said, if you have no other chance with employment, Abeg join Army oh! Me I be Doctor, I can easily walk out on any trash thrown at me. We had an accident during night navigation when a speeding bike didn't have a head lamp and we too had to use minimal source of light.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Rock Your Linkedin Profile In 8 Steps in 2017 / Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? / Computer Repairs Or Panel Beating And Auto Body Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.