Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? (45502 Views)

What TV Channel Do You Watch Together As A Family? / Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by ibietela2(m): 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
It's possible depending on how you guys spend
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
In dis buhari govt? No o.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by zabuur: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

I fůcking spend close to that amount (60 grand)every fůcking month---on data and airtime

I started with that 7 years back. Moved up gradually, now I am a land lord, bought a car for my wife and I also ride in one too. And I have started my company. Get to d bridge before looking for a way to cross it. Keep searching for something great when putting bits together might be the only way you can achieve greatness.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by terrezo2002(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

I fůcking spend close to that amount (60 grand)every fůcking month---on data and airtime
try to make decent comments

2 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by obyrich(m): 1:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
LordVoldemort:

You can get Health insurance as low as 40k for a year.

Back to the topic everything boils down to you. The standard of living you want for ytour family. With that income you won't daer sayt u wanna live in ikoyi you know ur area is ikorodu, somolu, agege.

You dare not say you want to drive range sport ur choice of car will be camry pencil

You just gotta cut your coat according to ur size. Some families survived with a lot less than that
Do you think buying a car is possible with that kind of income?
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

That's fucccking too much data
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by ITbomb(m): 1:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
jay7:
I can't just help but laugh after going through the comments here, most of the people commenting here are probably still in school and are still been cater for by there parents so they know little about marriage, what is the minimum wage in Nigeria? "18,000". Let me use teacher's as an example there are some states where they pay teacher's less than 50,000 and they still went ahead to marry and enroll there kids in private school's, to the OP you will not remain on that salary scale for life my advice to you is if the lady is the understanding type please go ahead and marry her.
I almost thought I was in another country with the comments I saw before this.

Two civil servants couple with combined income of 60k are raising kids with sound affordable education and people are here saying it is not possible with 100k.

The main points are
1. Cut your cloth according to your size
2. Pray your partner is understanding and can prepare a good pot of soup with N1500
3. Make sure transportation to work is not more than 15% of your salary
4. Learn and do online skilled work to get extra income
5. Avoid Ponzi scheme if you don't have awoof cash
6. For fixed assets, don't buy cheap, you won't afford the repairs or maintenance buy one is one even if it means taking more time to save. Fixed assets will also include chairs, table, TV, bed not just (but also) land

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by abbeyty(m): 1:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
toloohthegreat:
[/b]

you're a nuisance. your name (Bleep shit) tells it all.
that question is not to say you're poor. it means you're starting life and not doing yahoo+
MONEY MISS ROAD. (if you're ever rich though)

I can bet my balls on it, that boy you quoted is jobless or still collect pocket money from his parents

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by tansho(m): 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

I mean a government-mandated health insurance policy...?

The National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) works perfectly in all 36 states and the FCT.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by terrezo2002(m): 1:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
As a young graduate who got a job with a starting salary of N60,000 monthly and you have a fiancee who is also a graduate and has a job of N40,000 monthly, do you guys think one can start a good home with this a raise a decent comfortable family in Nigeria?
It depends on where your hope lies. Is your hope in your salaries or God. I receive salary too. I give most of it out yet I don't lack. So start to put faith on God who provides.
If you have prayed and you have the conviction to marry, please do and let tomorrow take care of itself. Matthew 6:31-34

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
DrTims:
Well it depends on ur location... And having an understanding and supportive wife

OP, this poster has absolutely gotten it.

With a good wife, intact you'll live life like a king depending on the locations of house and jobs.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by blaze86(m): 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
Guy go ahead n kip ur head straight, am currently on a 65k salary living n working in Abuja,pricisely working in town n living in FHA Lugbe. Married with a lovely daughter n an understanding wife who earn 50k

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by philkay(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
As a young graduate who got a job with a starting salary of N60,000 monthly and you have a fiancee who is also a graduate and has a job of N40,000 monthly, do you guys think one can start a good home with this a raise a decent comfortable family in Nigeria?

you can start a family with that if you are prudent in spending and you have understanding wife. after all there are families living less than that even in Abuja, PH and Lagos where things are expensive particularly accommodation.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by LordVoldemort(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
obyrich:
Do you think buying a car is possible with that kind of income?

Nothing is impossible,

If you invest the lil you have wisely why not
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by engrpheleeks(m): 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

You are a shame to your village people. Must u exhibit ur mumuness on every post? Go and buy sense please. Simple question from a responsible chap who wants to have a future does not demand foolish answers from zombies like you. BE THOU ENSHAMED...
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by browseyd22(m): 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
Yes u can start a family with that amount if the both of you come together and plan, I know pple who survives with less den Dat amount, Pls do nt be discouraged work hard n post ur trust in God
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by fof1: 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

PLS GO AND SIT DOWN SOME WHERE AND THINK WELL.SUPERFLUOUS RENDITIONS IS UNETHICAL.PLS.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by nkemjacob2(m): 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
most of the comments here complains d salary is to small to raise a home.... there re pple who earn 15K as salary nd married.... what can u say about dat.

brother re u waiting for millions before u raise a standard home?

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by obyrich(m): 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
PeakMilkOfTexas:

With the way cost of goods and services have increased, I doubt if that's possible. And another thing, he also has to save for the rainy day! #myopinion
The truth of the matter is that things are hard.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by gbagyiza: 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
Young men of now a days do surprise me, with their understanding of marriage. Getting married is not abt until you r financially OK, its about God's direction in someone's life.. I know , so many young people will not understand me but d truth is that you need to relie on God to direct u n guide you not d other way round...I got married in 2010 february to be precise when I was earning not up to 30k n now am blessed with 3 wonderful kids, my finances keep improving till today..living wonderfully n enjoying God's Grace in my family....when God determine your way he makes provision.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by tydi(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
pamijlove:
Certificate is just a paper, go and learn a handwork for your owm good...
Nobody want to learn handwork , it's just to sit one place and be cracking brain....at d end they will pay u any amount....they want.
Just a question if evreybody becomes an engineer to draw plan, who are going to do the hand work i.e both the plumbery work, electrician and other building work which is d main work in d building, na to just dey one place without stress dey collect money with ac na im evreybody want.

Will you marry me if I am a carpenter
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by airex(m): 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

what if I call you a fool Now?
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by FunkyAlhaji2015: 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
I always wonder why people bring family problems to Nairaland for deliberation. I have been on Nairaland for 3months now, from the comments I see 99% of people on this platform are either students or dependents. These people will get a different view of life when they start earning salaries. Life isn't a bed of roses. With good planning and an understanding wife, 100k will be OK to start a family and have a kid. I earn in a month 10times what my dad earned in year when he started a family but it was never enough for me, until I meant my wife. She was unemployed at the time but she taught me what good plan could do. I did cut down on the unnecessary spending and hang out. I never have problem with saving as before. I'm a happier man. So it is all dependent on you and your girlfriend.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by obyrich(m): 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
nkemjacob2:
most of the comments here complains d salary is to small to raise a home.... there re pple who earn 15K as salary nd married.... what can u say about dat.

brother re u waiting for millions before u raise a standard home?
How is that possible?
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by jjman2322: 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
Personally anything is possible, just depends on how much level of poverty you want to go through for your family.

The world is way over populated.. Dont bring in a child to suffer and not have the best food/education.. YOU MUST NOT HAVE CHILDREN.

Nigeria needs to chill out with need to re-procreate.. theres no reason for a driver on N20k/month to have children..

If i made only N100,000.month, i'd find a nice babe, have a small ceremony, and live/enjoy life with her.. I won't bring any kids into the world to come and suffer, as well as increase my suffering..

for NIGERIAN MEN/WOMEN: ITS OK TO NOT HAVE CHILDREN. Many priests/etc dont even have children.. Also lots of billionaires in western world barely have kids.. Live a good life, and die happy.. Don't bring children into this world and start begging for food, school fees, etc.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Clearer01: 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
I don't know how you guys reason about marriage,, 4000+6000=10000, yes, it possible to use it start family if the couples reason like a learned person. You collect salary rate of 25000# it possible after wedding, you will be sack from work,........ then will you go and return your wife to their parents when you get you get another job before you will call her back? Don't just be a graduate try to build your mind and train your hand in other to support your monthly salary if not you are still a dependant. Thank
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Chidonc(m): 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
brother very much, all you need is to plan, have seen family survived on much less than that.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Mouthgag: 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
[s]
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

[/s]
Ọ̀dẹ̀

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by oladosuola(m): 2:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

mouth thinz
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by oladosuola(m): 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
veri possible
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by galantjoe(m): 2:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
Combined salary of N100k is enough to start family. Op don't listen to majority of the people that comment here. They re all single and from wealthy families. Life is not fair to everybody.

Let u and ur wife plan ur expenditures within your income. Live within your means. Let ur wife have understanding that ur salary is N60k and spend within the family.

The taste of bud is by eating.

Finally ur salary grows as years come by.

Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Under-aged Bride Kills Husband Over Hyperactive Libido In Plateau / AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong? / Should I End The The Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.