Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) (25494 Views)

Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. / Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by annyplenty(m): 2:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
TOPIC: ARE YOU BORN AGAIN? DISCOVER YOUR STATUS.

TEXT: JOHN 3: 1-10
1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Introduction
From the text above, which essentially was a conversation between our Lord, Jesus Christ and one Nicodemus, who was a ruler of the Jew, and who came to Jesus. The Lord, Jesus Christ, told him that no man can see the kingdom of God except unless becomes born again. The man became stunned and asked the Lord if it was possible to enter the mother’s womb and be born the second time.

While the man was totally confused about Jesus’ instruction to be born again, the Lord, Jesus was totally surprised that the man did not understand the doctrine of new birth. To Nicodemus, carrying out the literal meaning of Jesus' instruction was not ‘possible’, but to the Lord Jesus Christ, it surprising that a man of high caliber as Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews and, by virtue of that, a custodian of Jewish tradition’ could not understand the new birth which is a basic doctrine. There are many cases of Nicodemus confusions and misconceptions, even today, that the coming of the Lord, Jesus Christ is as near as it can ever be. I will mention a few.

Once, I heard a message preached by one man of God. In the message, the man of God said that some youths, probably youths who were just invited to a church, went to meet the pastor of that church and asked him what they shall do to be saved now that they have started attending church. It was said that the pastor just told them to go and join the church workers and that is all they need to do. It was said that the pastor never told the youths they needed to confess Jesus. That was a big heresy! If you asked such workers if they are born again, their answers will be a ‘Yes’. If you asked further how they knew they were born again, they might have told you that they knew they were born again because they were workers in the church.

If you asked some other people if they were born again. They will also answer you with a positive reply. And yet, If you asked them further how they knew they are born again, some will tell you ‘my father is a pastor’. Some others will tell you ‘I have been going to church since I was small’. Others may also tell you some other things that suggest that they never knew what it really meant to be born again.

What I have seen with some ‘so-called-pastors’ even suggests that many of them who bear that title conveys or behaves themselves in contradictory ways or basically do not also know what it means to be born-again. If Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews, could not understand what it means to be born again, some pastors, who are also church leaders in their own right, may also not know what it means.

This teaching becomes necessary that each person may apply the steps mention to his life to know whether he is born again. Jesus is coming. Do not be in doubt about your salvation. If you do not know if you are born again or not, how then can you work out your salvation with fear and trembling?

The Two Types Of Birth[u]
1. Birth by flesh.
This is the birth of a person as result of joining, through sexual intercourse, of the flesh of two people, basically those of a woman and of a man, who eventually will be the mother and the father of that person. 1 Corinthians 6:16 talks about this joining of the flesh of two people to produce another flesh (a person).

1 Corinthians 6:16
16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? [u]for two, saith he, shall be one flesh

All human beings, both past and present, except Adam, Eve and Jesus Christ, are born of flesh. Adam and Eve were created directly by God and eventually fell into sin. Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit.

Everybody that is born of flesh is born into sin and shapen in iniquity.

Psalm 51:5
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

That is why if a new child is born, nobody will teach him/her how to tell lies before he will begin to tell lies, steal and commit some other sins.

The following inferences can be drawn from the few lines above.

1. Everyone that is born of flesh is flesh.

2. Everyone that is born of flesh is born into sin.

3. Everyone is born into sins except Adam, Eve and Jesus.

4. This birth cannot take anyone into the kingdom of God and as such there is a need for correction and thus ‘the new birth’

The New Birth (Being Born Again)
Man’s flesh always has affinity for sin while his spirit has affinity for God and godliness. But through our being born into sin, dominance is given our flesh over our spirit and man always commits sins and does that which displeases God all the time.

The new birth is meant to give man’s spirit dominance over his flesh so that he can always do that which pleases God and consciously run away from sins. See Galatians 5:16-17.

Galatians 5:16
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

To achieve this, a man has to deliberately repent of all his past sin by confessing them to Jesus Christ who is the savior of all mankind. Also he should ask Jesus to wash away all his sins with Jesus blood and invite Jesus to be his Lord and Saviour. Once this is done genuinely, all the past sins of the will be forgiven. At that instance, it is as if that man is just born before God. All his old records of sins have been destroyed. The man is starting afresh like a new born baby. That man is now in Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

However, it does not end there. After this, the man must deliberately open and submit his heart unto the Holy Spirit for destruction of the seed of sin he was born with, regeneration of his wicked heart and activation of his once dormant spirit in tune with the Spirit of God and godliness.

Once this is achieved it will always be easy for the man’s spirit to always be in tune with the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 6:17
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Why Every Man Should Be Born Again?
Consider the itemized points below.

1. God is a Spirit (John 4:24a).
John 4: 24
24 God is a Spirit:

2. Holy Spirit is a Spirit.

3. Jesus Christ was made a Spirit in a body.
1 Corinthians 15:45
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening Spirit.

4. Angels of God are spirits.
Hebrews 1:13
13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
5. Heavenly resources are spiritual resources.
Ephesians 1:3
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

From all the above points, the following points can be inferred.

- Heaven is a spiritual place.

- Only spirits and spiritual things are in and can be in heaven.

Let us go back to the answer of the Lord, Jesus Christ, to Nicodemus.

John 3:5-6
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

From the scripture above, in John 3:5, The Lord, Jesus Christ, mentioned the two types of birth and stated categorically that NO MAN can enter the
Kingdom of God unless he undergoes these two births. In John 3:6, He explained the basic difference between these two types of birth.

Once again, the two types of birth are
1- Water Birth. (The natural birth or the flesh birth).
The delivery of every man by his mother involves 3 primary things – flesh, water and blood: the blood and the water she sheds during delivery (child birth) and the two fleshes joined together during sexual intercourse and which led to the formation of him in his mother’s womb. This is perhaps why the natural birth is referred to birth by water or flesh and blood.

2- Spiritual Birth. (to be born again)
This is the new birth we have been trying to explain.

Let us look at another scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:50 which is a direct confirmation of the statement of the Lord, Jesus Christ, above.

1 Corinthians 15:50
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

This scripture clearly states that flesh and blood, that is a man who has undergone the ONLY the natural birth, cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

Why can flesh and blood not inherit the kingdom of God? The answer to this question is the difference between the two births mentioned by Jesus in John 3:6.

Simply put, a man born in flesh is a flesh. A man born of Spirit is spirit. Since heaven is a spiritual place, then flesh cannot enter it. For you to enter heaven, a spiritual kingdom, then you must be converted into a spiritual body. This is achieved through the spiritual birth when a man is born again and lives and dies or raptured as a born again person.

Practical Ways To Know if You Are Genuinely Born Again

1. Date of Encounter With Jesus
There is a day each person is born by his/her mother into this world. That is the date of their natural birth. Most people know and keep the record of their dates of natural birth. Many even celebrate the anniversary of this day on yearly basis – that is birthday celebration.

Just as there is a date a man was born was born by his mother, there must be a date a born again Christian encounters Jesus Christ and repents of his sins. That is the date of his new birth or date of his spiritual birth. The day a man comes in Christ is very important because it marks a day that spiritual turn around that you cannot forget begins in your life. Spiritual birth is more important than that of the natural birth and such date should be well kept.

2. Experience of Encounter with Jesus.
Though, we mentioned above that most people know and keep their dates of natural birth because it is important to them. However, there are still many people who don’t know their dates of birth due to one reason or the other.

In the same manner, many born again Christians may not know the dates they gave their lives to Jesus. That still does not mean they are not born again. But one thing that a born again child of God must not forget is the event that led to his salvation encounter with the Lord, Jesus Christ, because that is a real event that marks a turn around in his life.

If you forget the date you gave your life to Jesus Christ, you must not forget how you came across Jesus. It may be when a preacher was preaching inside the bus. It may be that you encounter Jesus in a supernatural way like Apostle Paul. It may be during a crusade. It may be you had a dream of hell or rapture and then give your life to Jesus. You must be able to narrate the story of how you gave your life to Jesus Christ. If you asked me how I gave my life to Jesus Christ, I can recount how it happened.

The Bible has accounts of how different people had salvation encounter with the Lord, Jesus Christ. The Samaritan woman could narrate how she encountered the Messiah at the well (John 4). So also was the adulterous woman: she could tell the story of how she met the Lord and was saved (John 8:1-11).

Apostles Peter and Andrew could tell how they encountered Jesus Christ during their fishing adventure. So also was the rest of the disciples. Two times, in the book of Acts of Apostle, Paul, himself, narrated how he had salvation encounter with the Lord, Jesus Christ, Acts 22:6-10, Acts 26:12-18.

In like manner, you also must be able to narrate how you encountered Jesus Christ otherwise your salvation ‘may not’ be genuine. The impact of salvation

encounter with the Lord, Jesus Christ, on your life can be so significant it turns your entire life around totally. The Lord, Jesus Christ, mentioned the impact of salvation encounter with him in Acts 26:18. The impacts are underlined in the scripture below.

Acts 26:18
18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

When you have genuine salvation encounter with the Lord, Jesus Christ, your spiritual eyes suddenly become open, and at the same time, you are turned from spiritual darkness to the marvelous light of the Son of God, from power of satan to that of God and also receive forgiveness of sins and inheritance. How can you suddenly forget all these things that bombard you like hailstorm?

Some Christians may tell you they know they are born again because their parents are pastors or ministers or because they have been going to church since their childhood. That does not automatically make you a born again. You must still deliberately come to Jesus for salvation. You can do that, NOW.

3. Sorrowful Repentance
At the instance of repenting and giving your life to Jesus, you must be very sorrowful. True repentance comes with remorsefulness for past evil deeds and sins. In actual sense, nobody truly wants to repent except that Holy Spirit convicts him. And once you are convicted, the guilt of conviction is what will make you remorsefully ask for mercy and determine not to return to your wicked ways anymore.
How can a pastor preach about prosperity and then make alter call after such. It does not work like that. Holy Spirit ‘cannot’ convict of sin in such ways.

Mathew 5:4
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Here, the Lord Jesus Christ is talking about mourning for your sins in repentance. After that the Holy Spirit, the Comforter will comfort you with Joy after forgiveness.

Psalm 51:17 also confirms sorrowful repentance.

Psalm 51:17
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

This scripture is saying the same thing. You cannot repent unless that you are of broken spirit and contrite heart for your sins. Were you of broken spirit when you gave your life to Jesus?

4. Strong Determination to Follow Jesus Through
You must make a strong determination to follow Him through. The journey of salvation is not easy and is not going to be any easy, soonest. In fact, it is going to be more difficult by day to follow Jesus. Your strong determination and the Holy Spirit will keep you going. Many people just make a lip confession of sin without any serious determination to pull through no matter what. It does not work like that. If the three Hebrew men had not been firm in their determination to stand by the Lord, they would have fallen in the face of threat/persecution, (Daniel 3:16-18)

5. Joy of Salvation.
Remember, you come to Christ with a broken heart and you sorrowfully repent of your sins and regret ever committing them and make a strong determination never to return into sin. The Holy Spirit will not leave you in this position of heaviness of heart. He will comfort you and replace the heaviness of heart with joy in your heart. Those who are genuinely born again must have this joy. The Holy Spirit will pump this joy into your heart once you are reconciled back to God.

The joy over a sinner that repents begins in heaven and is eventually transferred into the heart of the now-repented-sinner.

Luke 15:10
10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Remember, the prodigal son came back to his father with sorrowful heart (Luke 15:17-21) but it ended with joy and celebration because his father received him (Luke 15:22-24).

Jesus Christ says that those that mourn (for their sins) shall be comforted. It is the Holy Spirit that will comfort that person with Joy of heart.

It is the same request for joy of salvation that David was asking in Psalm 51:8, 12.

Psalm 51:8,12
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

This Joy has nothing to do with money or any material possession but that you are reconciled to God. If this pure joy has departed from you or have never experienced it, please pray for it like David.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by annyplenty(m): 2:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
6. Holy Spirit’s witness and leading.
The Spirit of God must bear witness in you and with your spirit that, now, you are a child of God. He must bear witness with you that your sins are now forgiven you. This, in fact, is what will spring up the Joy of salvation inside you.

If the Holy Spirit has not borne witness with you concerning your new birth, please, check yourself. Without Him, you cannot give your life to Jesus Christ in the first place, He is the One that will witness to your heart that will convict you of your sins after listening to a message of salvation from the preacher. He is the One that will encourage you to answer the alter call. 1 Corinthians 12:3.

1 Corinthians 12:3
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

After leading you to the Lord, Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost will also testify to you that you are now a child of God and must also be leading you accordingly.

Romans 8:16
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Romans 8:14
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

These two activities of the Holy Spirit are confirmation of our new birth.

7. Forsaking of Sins.
Mathew 3:8
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

2 Timothy 2:19c
19 …………... And, Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

The primary reason you gave your life to Jesus is that you may be able to forsake your sins and live a godly life. If you say you give your life to Jesus and you are still continuing in your smoking, fighting, fornication, ungodly dressing and other works of flesh, it may be that you really have not become born again. It must be noticeable by the people around you that you have become a totally godly person in your dressing, talking, eating, thinking and so on.

8. Concentration on Heavenly Treasure.
Once you become born again, you must consciously begin to be heavenly conscious above everything in life. You must seek the kingdom of God above everything the world can offer.

Mathew 6: 19-21
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

If your heart is always about building treasures in this world, and you barely think of heaven and the coming of the Lord, you may have backslided or may not be genuinely born again, at all.

9. Leading Others to Jesus (Evangelism).
No one genuinely encounters the Lord, Jesus Christ, and keeps quiet about it. How can you keep quiet of the spiritual opening of eyes, turning from darkness to light, from power of satan to God, forgiveness of sins, joy of salvation, and witness of the Holy Spirit that all fall suddenly upon you like a torrential rain. Let us look at a few people who encountered Jesus in the scripture and tell others of their encounters with him.

1. Samaritan woman, (John 4:1-28).
28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,

2. Apostle Phillip, (John 1:43-45)
45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

3. Apostle Paul testified to King Aggripa, (Acts 26:12-19)
19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

This is what the Lord, Jesus Christ, calls the First Love. If you have stopped witnessing Jesus to others, you may be backsliding gradually.

Revelation 2:4
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

Return to evangelism.

10. Forsaking of Worldliness.

James 4:4
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Worldliness is the trademark of all who have not been born again. Check yourself for signs of worldliness.

Conclusion
You need to check your salvation before the trumpet sounds. If you are not sure of your salvation. Go back to Calvary for a fresh encounter with Lord.

Summary
Any one born of through intercourse is flesh and such a person cannot enter the Kingdom of God which is a spiritual kingdom. To enter such a kingdom, you need to be born of the Spirit of God. This is the whole essence of the new birth. You need to be born again, now, and be sure of your salvation before the rapture takes place.

Prayers
1. Lord, Jesus Christ, let me have a fresh encounter with you today.
2. Holy Spirit, lead me to Calvary and wash me deep- inside and outside.
3. Lord, Jesus, forgive me all my sins and write my name in the book of life.
4. Lord, give me the grace to bear all the fruits of repentance.
5. Lord, fill me with the Holy Spirit and the Joy of Salvation.

Actions
Are you an elect of Christ? Are you truly saved? Are you on the narrow road? Do you want to make the rapture/heaven? If your answers are yes, then,
• Make all efforts to heed the warnings of Jesus Christ.

• Be watchful. Pay attention to what is happening around the World and see whether they match what the scriptures say.

• Be filled with the Holy Spirit and be in the Spirit all the time.

• Fast, consecrate yourself, run away from sin and worldliness.

If your answers are NO, then you can repent today. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. Kindly sincerely and faithfully pray the prayer of repentance below and make a determination never to commit sin again.

Prayer Of Repentance
Lord, Jesus Christ, I am sorry for all my sins. I confess them with my mouth and I ask for mercy. Please forgive me and wash me in your blood. I accept you as my personal Lord and Saviour. Write my name in the book of life. Give me power over sins and fill me with your Spirit and Joy of Salvation. When rapture trumpet sounds, let me make it. Thank you for saving me. In Jesus name, I pray.

Begin to read bible. Begin with the book of John. Pray always. Fast regularly (you can begin with once in a week). Look for a bible believing church where they teach repentance, holiness, salvation and fellowship with them. Pray before you go. Always run away from SINS.

Need More Information?
For more information, question or contribution, please send email to us at raptureglorious@gmail.com or jesuscoming@yahoo.com or visit us at www.jesuscoming1..com and please tell others to join us. We teach people deep word of God about holiness, righteousness and how to prepare for rapture. You can send email to us to receive the teachings, free.

We also send breaking news of end-time events that happen around the world to people with bible verses that match them. You can send email to us to receive them, free. You can also send email to us to receive this teaching in word document format.

Please Share This Message. Dropa A Comment.
We will like to get as many people as possible ready for rapture. We wish nobody misses the rapture. What are happening now are child’s play. In view of these, please, share our messages on different media to help circulate as fast possible before Trumpet sounds. Also, you can drop a comment. Thank you. God bless you.

Shalom.

To Make Rapture:
Confess your sins to JESUS CHRIST and ask Him to save you.
Repent of your sins constantly on daily basis and run away from sins.
Be filled with the Holy Spirit
Live in Holiness and Righteousness
Do all Restitutions
Cut off all worldliness.
Forgive all people.
Pray and fast.
Consecrate and study the bible.
Watch.

JESUScoming

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by FaithfulServant(m): 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
This is beyond miles the greatest and sweetest article I have ever read on the internet. I have always loved and admired you for long annyplenty and the love will keep on increasing.

I have been on nairaland for long but created this account to start afresh as I continue to learn and master more mysteries about Christ by the power and guidance of the Holy Spirit so that I can teach in a great way like yourself.

I'm still tender in Christ because I'm just eight months old since I had an encounter with Christ on the 11th of July 2016 after someone I barely know walked in into the library I was reading and started telling me about Jesus and in the end he prayed and I don't know how I was lead to note the date of the day and from that day, I live consciously against sin. I actually exhibit all ten characteristics you listed.

One thing I notice and despite my tender nature in Christ, I can easily sense and differentiate the truth from the lies and you are one of the few individuals here who gives out doses of the undiluted truth because it's only someone who has been completely immersed in the Holy Spirit can teach great as this.

My God increase your wisdom as you continue to depopulate the kingdom of darkness and please always remember me in your prayers because I have a strong passion to save souls just the same way I was saved. Thanks

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by annyplenty(m): 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
FaithfulServant:
This is beyond miles the greatest and sweetest article I have ever read on the internet. I have always loved and admired you for long annyplenty and the love will keep on increasing.

I have been on nairaland for long but created this account to start afresh as I continue to learn and master more mysteries about Christ by the power and guidance of the Holy Spirit so that I can teach in a great way like yourself.

I'm still tender in Christ because I'm just eight months old since I had an encounter with Christ on the 11th of July 2016 after someone I barely know walked in into the library I was reading and started telling me about Jesus and in the end he prayed and I don't know how I was lead to note the date of the day and from that day, I live consciously against sin. I actually exhibit all ten characteristics you listed.

One thing I notice and despite my tender nature in Christ, I can easily sense and differentiate the truth from the lies and you are one of the few individuals here who gives out doses of the undiluted truth because it's only someone who has been completely immersed in the Holy Spirit can teach great as this.

My God increase your wisdom as you continue to depopulate the kingdom of darkness and please always remember me in your prayers because I have a strong passion to save souls just the same way I was saved. Thanks

Thank you for the love and the good comments about the thread and me. I return all the glories to the Father, the
Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the one doing the work and He will do even more by the grace of God.

I thank God that you truly encounter the Lord, Jesus Christ. I pray that the Lord will sustain you to the end in Jesus name.

Kindly send an email to any of the two email adresses jesuscoming@yahoo.com and/or raptureglorious@gmail.com and state
the prayers requested. I ll certainly pray for you, if God wills. I also request that you pray for me any prayer that
the Lord puts in your heart to pray for me.

May we see at the marriage supper of the Lord, very soon.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by FaithfulServant(m): 9:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
annyplenty:

Thank you for the love and the good comments about the thread and me. I return all the glories to the Father, the
Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the one doing the work and He will do even more by the grace of God.

I thank God that you truly encounter the Lord, Jesus Christ. I pray that the Lord will sustain you to the end in Jesus name.

Kindly send an email to any of the two email adresses jesuscoming@yahoo.com and/or raptureglorious@gmail.com and state
the prayers requested. I ll certainly pray for you, if God wills. I also request that you pray for me any prayer that
the Lord puts in your heart to pray for me.

May we see at the marriage supper of the Lord, very soon.

Thank you.
Thank you. We will see at the supper by His grace and I will pray for you as the Spirit leads. Thanks ones again and God bless.
Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by annyplenty(m): 10:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
FaithfulServant:
Thank you. We will see at the supper by His grace and I will pray for you as the Spirit leads. Thanks ones again and God bless.

I have prayed for you and will still continue to pray for you. Thank you. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by annyplenty(m): 11:03pm On Apr 05, 2017
Revelation 20:15
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by annyplenty(m): 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
Mathew 7:13-14
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by annyplenty(m): 9:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
Are you born again? Search yourself in the Word of God.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by GoodMuyis(m): 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
I will come back to read
Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by annyplenty(m): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
GoodMuyis:
I will come back to read

A gentle reminder
Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 14, 2017
Well, I am born again in reasoning. Enough of all these ambiguous crap

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by lonelydora: 10:44am On Apr 16, 2017
Ok
Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by hopefulLandlord: 10:45am On Apr 16, 2017
hmmm
Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by dansegun57(m): 10:46am On Apr 16, 2017
summary please
Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by mizchoc(f): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2017
Nairaland is the most holy place on earth on Sundays.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by Ologogoro: 10:47am On Apr 16, 2017
Ok, Religion taken too far.

Just do good, Try to stay away from destroying people's life you're Okay.

14 Likes

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by justdat(m): 10:48am On Apr 16, 2017
OP this your post long sha

1 Like

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by victor247: 10:48am On Apr 16, 2017
Save yourself the stress of reading the unending post. Simply send "Status" to 131 to confirm your status.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by EweduAfonja(f): 10:49am On Apr 16, 2017
Op

How many days did it take u to write this wiki..

Wiki sef Neva long like thsi
Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by toxxnoni(m): 10:50am On Apr 16, 2017
Water borehole drilling, pile foundation, soil test

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 16, 2017
Yawns
Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by Jabioro: 10:50am On Apr 16, 2017
Pastor, you took all the pages we practically needed for comments..

3 Likes

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by MeloJayEnt: 10:50am On Apr 16, 2017
cheesy
Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by hotspec(m): 10:51am On Apr 16, 2017
That was rather too long. Could put off d targeted audience. Kudos, anyway

1 Like

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by tstx(m): 10:52am On Apr 16, 2017
I think this writeup is longer than the sermon my pastor' gave today...

1 Like

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by Lukenitheooo6(m): 10:53am On Apr 16, 2017
Op you copy bible from genesis to revelation
abi??

weldone sir

1 Like

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by Amitta: 10:56am On Apr 16, 2017
o
Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by Sunshine1969: 10:57am On Apr 16, 2017
Thanks dorbthe heart opening letter as of old! Pls pray for me. I need grace to abide!

1 Like

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by Sunshine1969: 10:58am On Apr 16, 2017
Thanks for the heart opening letter as of old! Pls pray for me. I need grace to abide!

1 Like

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by goingape1: 10:59am On Apr 16, 2017
annyplenty:
TOPIC: ARE YOU BORN AGAIN? DISCOVER YOUR STATUS.

TEXT: JOHN 3: 1-10
1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Introduction
From the text above, which essentially was a conversation between our Lord, Jesus Christ and one Nicodemus, who was a ruler of the Jew, and who came to Jesus. The Lord, Jesus Christ, told him that no man can see the kingdom of God except unless becomes born again. The man became stunned and asked the Lord if it was possible to enter the mother’s womb and be born the second time.

While the man was totally confused about Jesus’ instruction to be born again, the Lord, Jesus was totally surprised that the man did not understand the doctrine of new birth. To Nicodemus, carrying out the literal meaning of Jesus' instruction was not ‘possible’, but to the Lord Jesus Christ, it surprising that a man of high caliber as Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews and, by virtue of that, a custodian of Jewish tradition’ could not understand the new birth which is a basic doctrine. There are many cases of Nicodemus confusions and misconceptions, even today, that the coming of the Lord, Jesus Christ is as near as it can ever be. I will mention a few.

Once, I heard a message preached by one man of God. In the message, the man of God said that some youths, probably youths who were just invited to a church, went to meet the pastor of that church and asked him what they shall do to be saved now that they have started attending church. It was said that the pastor just told them to go and join the church workers and that is all they need to do. It was said that the pastor never told the youths they needed to confess Jesus. That was a big heresy! If you asked such workers if they are born again, their answers will be a ‘Yes’. If you asked further how they knew they were born again, they might have told you that they knew they were born again because they were workers in the church.

If you asked some other people if they were born again. They will also answer you with a positive reply. And yet, If you asked them further how they knew they are born again, some will tell you ‘my father is a pastor’. Some others will tell you ‘I have been going to church since I was small’. Others may also tell you some other things that suggest that they never knew what it really meant to be born again.

What I have seen with some ‘so-called-pastors’ even suggests that many of them who bear that title conveys or behaves themselves in contradictory ways or basically do not also know what it means to be born-again. If Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews, could not understand what it means to be born again, some pastors, who are also church leaders in their own right, may also not know what it means.

This teaching becomes necessary that each person may apply the steps mention to his life to know whether he is born again. Jesus is coming. Do not be in doubt about your salvation. If you do not know if you are born again or not, how then can you work out your salvation with fear and trembling?

The Two Types Of Birth[u]
1. Birth by flesh.
This is the birth of a person as result of joining, through sexual intercourse, of the flesh of two people, basically those of a woman and of a man, who eventually will be the mother and the father of that person. 1 Corinthians 6:16 talks about this joining of the flesh of two people to produce another flesh (a person).

1 Corinthians 6:16
16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? [u]for two, saith he, shall be one flesh

All human beings, both past and present, except Adam, Eve and Jesus Christ, are born of flesh. Adam and Eve were created directly by God and eventually fell into sin. Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit.

Everybody that is born of flesh is born into sin and shapen in iniquity.

Psalm 51:5
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

That is why if a new child is born, nobody will teach him/her how to tell lies before he will begin to tell lies, steal and commit some other sins.

The following inferences can be drawn from the few lines above.

1. Everyone that is born of flesh is flesh.

2. Everyone that is born of flesh is born into sin.

3. Everyone is born into sins except Adam, Eve and Jesus.

4. This birth cannot take anyone into the kingdom of God and as such there is a need for correction and thus ‘the new birth’

The New Birth (Being Born Again)
Man’s flesh always has affinity for sin while his spirit has affinity for God and godliness. But through our being born into sin, dominance is given our flesh over our spirit and man always commits sins and does that which displeases God all the time.

The new birth is meant to give man’s spirit dominance over his flesh so that he can always do that which pleases God and consciously run away from sins. See Galatians 5:16-17.

Galatians 5:16
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

To achieve this, a man has to deliberately repent of all his past sin by confessing them to Jesus Christ who is the savior of all mankind. Also he should ask Jesus to wash away all his sins with Jesus blood and invite Jesus to be his Lord and Saviour. Once this is done genuinely, all the past sins of the will be forgiven. At that instance, it is as if that man is just born before God. All his old records of sins have been destroyed. The man is starting afresh like a new born baby. That man is now in Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

However, it does not end there. After this, the man must deliberately open and submit his heart unto the Holy Spirit for destruction of the seed of sin he was born with, regeneration of his wicked heart and activation of his once dormant spirit in tune with the Spirit of God and godliness.

Once this is achieved it will always be easy for the man’s spirit to always be in tune with the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 6:17
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Why Every Man Should Be Born Again?
Consider the itemized points below.

1. God is a Spirit (John 4:24a).
John 4: 24
24 God is a Spirit:

2. Holy Spirit is a Spirit.

3. Jesus Christ was made a Spirit in a body.
1 Corinthians 15:45
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening Spirit.

4. Angels of God are spirits.
Hebrews 1:13
13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
5. Heavenly resources are spiritual resources.
Ephesians 1:3
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

From all the above points, the following points can be inferred.

- Heaven is a spiritual place.

- Only spirits and spiritual things are in and can be in heaven.

Let us go back to the answer of the Lord, Jesus Christ, to Nicodemus.

John 3:5-6

From the scripture above, in John 3:5, The Lord, Jesus Christ, mentioned the two types of birth and stated categorically that NO MAN can enter the
Kingdom of God unless he undergoes these two births. In John 3:6, He explained the basic difference between these two types of birth.

Once again, the two types of birth are
1- Water Birth. (The natural birth or the flesh birth).
The delivery of every man by his mother involves 3 primary things – flesh, water and blood: the blood and the water she sheds during delivery (child birth) and the two fleshes joined together during sexual intercourse and which led to the formation of him in his mother’s womb. This is perhaps why the natural birth is referred to birth by water or flesh and blood.

2- Spiritual Birth. (to be born again)
This is the new birth we have been trying to explain.

Let us look at another scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:50 which is a direct confirmation of the statement of the Lord, Jesus Christ, above.

1 Corinthians 15:50
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

This scripture clearly states that flesh and blood, that is a man who has undergone the ONLY the natural birth, cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

Why can flesh and blood not inherit the kingdom of God? The answer to this question is the difference between the two births mentioned by Jesus in John 3:6.

Simply put, a man born in flesh is a flesh. A man born of Spirit is spirit. Since heaven is a spiritual place, then flesh cannot enter it. For you to enter heaven, a spiritual kingdom, then you must be converted into a spiritual body. This is achieved through the spiritual birth when a man is born again and lives and dies or raptured as a born again person.

Practical Ways To Know if You Are Genuinely Born Again

1. Date of Encounter With Jesus
There is a day each person is born by his/her mother into this world. That is the date of their natural birth. Most people know and keep the record of their dates of natural birth. Many even celebrate the anniversary of this day on yearly basis – that is birthday celebration.

Just as there is a date a man was born was born by his mother, there must be a date a born again Christian encounters Jesus Christ and repents of his sins. That is the date of his new birth or date of his spiritual birth. The day a man comes in Christ is very important because it marks a day that spiritual turn around that you cannot forget begins in your life. Spiritual birth is more important than that of the natural birth and such date should be well kept.

2. Experience of Encounter with Jesus.
Though, we mentioned above that most people know and keep their dates of natural birth because it is important to them. However, there are still many people who don’t know their dates of birth due to one reason or the other.

In the same manner, many born again Christians may not know the dates they gave their lives to Jesus. That still does not mean they are not born again. But one thing that a born again child of God must not forget is the event that led to his salvation encounter with the Lord, Jesus Christ, because that is a real event that marks a turn around in his life.

If you forget the date you gave your life to Jesus Christ, you must not forget how you came across Jesus. It may be when a preacher was preaching inside the bus. It may be that you encounter Jesus in a supernatural way like Apostle Paul. It may be during a crusade. It may be you had a dream of hell or rapture and then give your life to Jesus. You must be able to narrate the story of how you gave your life to Jesus Christ. If you asked me how I gave my life to Jesus Christ, I can recount how it happened.

The Bible has accounts of how different people had salvation encounter with the Lord, Jesus Christ. The Samaritan woman could narrate how she encountered the Messiah at the well (John 4). So also was the adulterous woman: she could tell the story of how she met the Lord and was saved (John 8:1-11).

Apostles Peter and Andrew could tell how they encountered Jesus Christ during their fishing adventure. So also was the rest of the disciples. Two times, in the book of Acts of Apostle, Paul, himself, narrated how he had salvation encounter with the Lord, Jesus Christ, Acts 22:6-10, Acts 26:12-18.

In like manner, you also must be able to narrate how you encountered Jesus Christ otherwise your salvation ‘may not’ be genuine. The impact of salvation

encounter with the Lord, Jesus Christ, on your life can be so significant it turns your entire life around totally. The Lord, Jesus Christ, mentioned the impact of salvation encounter with him in Acts 26:18. The impacts are underlined in the scripture below.

Acts 26:18
18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

When you have genuine salvation encounter with the Lord, Jesus Christ, your spiritual eyes suddenly become open, and at the same time, you are turned from spiritual darkness to the marvelous light of the Son of God, from power of satan to that of God and also receive forgiveness of sins and inheritance. How can you suddenly forget all these things that bombard you like hailstorm?

Some Christians may tell you they know they are born again because their parents are pastors or ministers or because they have been going to church since their childhood. That does not automatically make you a born again. You must still deliberately come to Jesus for salvation. You can do that, NOW.

3. Sorrowful Repentance
At the instance of repenting and giving your life to Jesus, you must be very sorrowful. True repentance comes with remorsefulness for past evil deeds and sins. In actual sense, nobody truly wants to repent except that Holy Spirit convicts him. And once you are convicted, the guilt of conviction is what will make you remorsefully ask for mercy and determine not to return to your wicked ways anymore.
How can a pastor preach about prosperity and then make alter call after such. It does not work like that. Holy Spirit ‘cannot’ convict of sin in such ways.

Here, the Lord Jesus Christ is talking about mourning for your sins in repentance. After that the Holy Spirit, the Comforter will comfort you with Joy after forgiveness.

Psalm 51:17 also confirms sorrowful repentance.

Psalm 51:17
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

This scripture is saying the same thing. You cannot repent unless that you are of broken spirit and contrite heart for your sins. Were you of broken spirit when you gave your life to Jesus?

4. Strong Determination to Follow Jesus Through
You must make a strong determination to follow Him through. The journey of salvation is not easy and is not going to be any easy, soonest. In fact, it is going to be more difficult by day to follow Jesus. Your strong determination and the Holy Spirit will keep you going. Many people just make a lip confession of sin without any serious determination to pull through no matter what. It does not work like that. If the three Hebrew men had not been firm in their determination to stand by the Lord, they would have fallen in the face of threat/persecution, (Daniel 3:16-18)

5. Joy of Salvation.
Remember, you come to Christ with a broken heart and you sorrowfully repent of your sins and regret ever committing them and make a strong determination never to return into sin. The Holy Spirit will not leave you in this position of heaviness of heart. He will comfort you and replace the heaviness of heart with joy in your heart. Those who are genuinely born again must have this joy. The Holy Spirit will pump this joy into your heart once you are reconciled back to God.

The joy over a sinner that repents begins in heaven and is eventually transferred into the heart of the now-repented-sinner.

Luke 15:10
10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Remember, the prodigal son came back to his father with sorrowful heart (Luke 15:17-21) but it ended with joy and celebration because his father received him (Luke 15:22-24).

Jesus Christ says that those that mourn (for their sins) shall be comforted. It is the Holy Spirit that will comfort that person with Joy of heart.

It is the same request for joy of salvation that David was asking in Psalm 51:8, 12.

Psalm 51:8,12
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

This Joy has nothing to do with money or any material possession but that you are reconciled to God. If this pure joy has departed from you or have never experienced it, please pray for it like David.
for those who care to reread it again⬆⬆

1 Like

Re: Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) by goingape1: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2017
victor247:
Save yourself the stress of reading the unending post. Simply send "Status" to 131 to confirm your status.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor 'One Blow' Involved In Accident After 'Betraying' Bishop Obinim / Little Child Tortured For Days Over Witchcraft Accusation (Photos) / How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.