Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview (23999 Views)

Last Week, We Held A Facebook LIVE Chat With Afolabi Imoukhuede.things We Learnt / Hello! I Seek An Assistant Pastoral Job In Any New Church On The Island Or Lekki / How To Nail Every Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by femi4: 7:43am On Mar 29, 2017
Thepasserby:

Well done ooo... Keep flaunting your muscles and feathers until it gets plucked. If you enter the pastorial work without being called you will be rejected. It's a too thin that your pastor told you that God has called you into the pastorial ministry but have you heard from God personally?

Being a pastor is not all bout reading a text and interpreting, it goes beyond leading prayer sessions at being an erudite speaker. It is a relationship.

Three conclusions I have drawn from you speech.

1. You are full of yourself and that's definitely not a trait a pastor should have. Boast in the thinthings that shows God's power and not prove your intelligence.

2. You don't have the slightest idea of what you opted in for.
Men who stand in the gap are men of devotion to God. Who are you standing in the gap for, why and how can you do that? These are questions you should ask yourself.

3. You are looking for food and not the one who provides the food.

Please I am just airing my view. I have already forgiven anyone who will come and insult me.
1000likes

3 Likes

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by opalu: 7:43am On Mar 29, 2017
Hmm
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by donbenz(m): 7:46am On Mar 29, 2017
Pastors are just thieves. Qoute me and die angry grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by femi4: 7:48am On Mar 29, 2017
B2Spirits:
Ask me anything about public speaking.
Go and look for better job.....There are millions of public speakers out there that cannot feed their families

This is internet age..... There is nothing new you can talk about that's not already available on the internet
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by Nofuckgiven: 7:48am On Mar 29, 2017
After one brainwashed mumu go come quote me say church no be business undecided

2 Likes

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by femi4: 7:48am On Mar 29, 2017
donbenz:
Pastors are just thieves. Qoute me and die angry grin grin grin
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by BluePearls(m): 7:49am On Mar 29, 2017
Do you offer trainings?
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by ExInferis(m): 7:51am On Mar 29, 2017
If you speak as you write then you're a total bore.

Your writing style is high-falutin, contrived, verbose, bombastic, pedantic, wordy, contradictory, and has too much words-to-sense ratio.

Tone down the need to fling fancy-sounding words and step out of your own self-centered limelight if you wish to be taken serious.

The best public speakers are light, self -deprecating, and have good timing; not pedantic demagogues who think being steep in Plato, Socrates and Descartes is a necessary requirement to engage an audience of commons.

You just wanna brag, you windbag.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by NevetsIbot(m): 7:57am On Mar 29, 2017
This seems manipulative!

I do public speaking. Started since js2. Public speaking is not about being manipulative to brainwash listeners, its about passing you rmessage accross to any form of audience effortlesly

5 Likes

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by NevetsIbot(m): 7:59am On Mar 29, 2017
ExInferis:

Your writing style is high-falutin, contrived, verbose, bombastic, pedantic, wordy, contradictory, and has too much words-to-sense ratio.

Tone down the need to fling fancy-sounding words and step out of your own self-centered limelight if you wish to be taken serious.

The best public speakers are light, self -deprecating, and have good timing; not pedantic demagogues who think being steep in Plato, Socrates and Descartes is a necessary requirement to engage an audience of commons.

Nice one!!

1 Like

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by holyfather(m): 7:59am On Mar 29, 2017
ExInferis:

Sweetest comment on this thread. cool

2 Likes

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by chuksjuve(m): 8:03am On Mar 29, 2017
All I see is a man full of pride, secularly full but spiritual empty.

I doubt if you will not spread heresy in the name of preaching.

my friend I advice you to read up the life of apostle Paul and let God work in your life to transform you.
-----------------------------------------------
contact us for your Landscape, horticulture and beautification service.
we simply add value to your real estate project..

2 Likes

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 29, 2017
B2Spirits:

Until you decide to tackle stage fright and the likes, public speaking will look like a mountain. Everyone has what it takes to be a good speaker.
pls i need some tips from u on how to be a great public speaker, i love public speakin, i love to explain things to people. Especially topics on world war, religion, science, the world and others
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 29, 2017
@OP, I agree with the commentators that said you're full of yourself, you ooze of false sense of worth, delusions of grandeur. You're just a thin line away from Atheism, forget about all your Bible quotations, you really need to be true to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by bigiyaro(m): 8:13am On Mar 29, 2017
thank you OP, u just confirmed my position that 99% of the so called men and women of God these days are nothing more than jst very good orators and business men.

1 Like

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by gud4dbest(m): 8:13am On Mar 29, 2017
ItalianWine:

You're not a pastor, you went to pastoral interview, passed it.....what do you guys do then? Making money pastor ism?

you are asking some gud question there!

1 Like

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by coolsegun2002: 8:14am On Mar 29, 2017
B2Spirits:

Kid, there is a limit to what you can understand. Go and attack Melaye or whatever in the politics section so that we can have a break here.

Calling or no calling...we have all been called into God's work...so I commend your move into the pastoral work but I smell a little bit of show off in the way u talk...there's a very thin line between confidence and pride.....don't ever forget GOD hates pride...

# don't end up a borrowed vessel.
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by gud4dbest(m): 8:15am On Mar 29, 2017
bigiyaro:
thank you OP, u just confirmed my position that 99% of the so called men and women of God these days are nothing more than jst very good orators and business men.

I wonder oo. Fake people venturing in noble callings!
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by Bollinger(m): 8:16am On Mar 29, 2017
Unbelievable. Interviews for pastors. Smh.
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by Aringon(m): 8:18am On Mar 29, 2017
If I am conducting an interview and you are a smooth talker, I will reject you
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by Deprofessional(m): 8:19am On Mar 29, 2017
B2Spirits:

I'm still not a pastor. Just deriving fun from public speaking.

I think you should open a school or probable a training centre for public speaking.

I will gladly be your student.
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by OlujobaSamuel: 8:19am On Mar 29, 2017
op, you? pastor? the devil is really trying.
no be you dey pump on top ur former bosses dem matter in the name of na me sabi pass?
just a matter of time to start exchanging words on this thread with readers.
and i hope we no go read about how your congregation break bottle for service to knack akpako for your head someday soon
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by remiopash: 8:21am On Mar 29, 2017
Ask anyone who attended Winners Chapel, Ogbomoso between 2006 and 2011 if he or she can remember a certain usher, who was known for his thrilling testimonies. My grammar was almost perfect, while I delivered my speeches like a pro. I became a threat to anyone that was preaching on that altar in those days.

YOU ATTENDED LAUTECH?
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by LordOfNaira: 8:33am On Mar 29, 2017
B2Spirits:
Ask me anything about public speaking.

Do you like 3some like Aposthief SuLICKman and do you finish on backs long dick style?
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by mastermaestro(m): 8:36am On Mar 29, 2017
Pathetic self-conceited storyteller. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 29, 2017
This guy must have been a LAUTECH student.

He is full of pride and over confidence. This is partly good except for Pastoral duties.

You cannot be a pastor. You don't have to intimidate your audience, your audience will soon pick up on your weaknessess which you term "strenght" in no time.

Be humble and Christlike. Jesus never intimidated people but people found hope in his humble dispositions.

Don't waste your time being a Pastor. The devil will make mince meat of you.

However, you are a perfect fit for a charlatan, fake and end time pastor.

1 Like

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by Mypeople2(m): 8:46am On Mar 29, 2017
ExInferis:

Hmmm.The OP has met his match.All I have to do now is to sit down and watch in 3D,as the eloquent men challenge themselves in a combat since I am still a learner

3 Likes

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by MathsChic(f): 8:52am On Mar 29, 2017
B2Spirits:
I made my first public speech when I was 15, and in JSS2. That was in a debate activity, a contest between SS3 and SS2 students. The competitors failed to impress our English language teachers. This made the teachers lambaste the senior students, and asked if junior students had anything to say.
-and ask

Like our proverbial Akpos, I walked out of the crowd with that gait suggestive of a clown's shameful confidence, and consequently threw my classmates into uncontrollable laughter. Their action was understandable, because I had hitherto paraded myself as a newscaster, who, during one of my comic sessions, had aired the news in which a commercial airplane caught fire in space, and no one was injured in the slightest.
-repeated "had"

They couldn't think of it that I had taken the debate topic to my uncle, who was a teacher. He wrote a nice argument for me, and I rehearsed it with fervour. I unleashed such a mastery that dazed everyone present.

Having tasted the thrill of the achievement, I started gathering resources on public speaking, and Mark Twain, Napoleon Hill later became my heroes. I trained myself more on the speech strategies that give pastors the hedge over their contemporaries. At 20, having led prayer sessions on many occasions in my local church, our pastor informed me that God has called me into the five-fold ministry with pastoral calling.

While in the university, I read works from great people like Plato and Socrates, and consequently discarded my Christian ideals entirely. It was then I explored Satanism and other faiths until I concluded that I'm the god I've been looking for all these while.
-works of
-all this while/all the while

As an animal scientist, I lost interest in that field, and was looking for a job that has to do with public speaking until an advertisement was made for the post of a chaplain in a psychiatric hospital. Certification was required, diploma in theology would suffice. I have nothing of that nature, but flaunted my two-time pastoral experience in two of the largest churches in Nigeria.

"I have worked before in a farm where we had a cow suffering from madcow disease. You would not need to be told that the flaccid disposition the horned herbivore was known for had deserted it. I wouldn't see the attacking cow as a traducer. I only have to be wary of the zoonotic form of madcow disease, which we in animal science call variant Creutzfeldt Jacob Disease(vCJD). In our case here, not all clinical cases are natural, and with my authority as a believer, I will put to flight the armies of the aliens. This will be done by faith, because 'By faith, the elders obtained good reports'", I answered.
-traducer? seriously!?
-zoonotic?

With split-second precision, I quoted ICorinthians 9:13 and said, "'Do you not know that those who labor in the Temple are provided for from the Temple, and those who serve the altar share in the altar?' Having reeled out this Scripture, I don't have to explain it for my betters in faith."
-I did not have to explain...

I will be showing you hidden public speaking rules personalized to suit various individuals and my personal experience in my next write-ups. To succeed in public speaking, you need to believe you are the only living thing on earth, while all other things are robots. That means you take responsibility for your failure to thrill the crowd of accolades and hangers-on.
--accolades?

Where in the world are you from!? So many errors of syntax; even more errors of semantics. And you want to teach people to speak? Evidently, your delusion is taking greater proportions. It was still cloaked to some degree in your previous posts. Now, it has lost its garb and is loose. I'd advise you seek help.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by cyberprof: 8:52am On Mar 29, 2017
B2Spirits:
I made my first public speech when I was 15, and in JSS2. That was in a debate activity, a contest between SS3 and SS2 students. The competitors failed to impress our English language teachers. This made the teachers lambaste the senior students, and asked if junior students had anything to say.

Like our proverbial Akpos, I walked out of the crowd with that gait suggestive of a clown's shameful confidence, and consequently threw my classmates into uncontrollable laughter. Their action was understandable, because I had hitherto paraded myself as a newscaster, who, during one of my comic sessions, had aired the news in which a commercial airplane caught fire in space, and no one was injured in the slightest.

They couldn't think of it that I had taken the debate topic to my uncle, who was a teacher. He wrote a nice argument for me, and I rehearsed it with fervour. I unleashed such a mastery that dazed everyone present.

Having tasted the thrill of the achievement, I started gathering resources on public speaking, and Mark Twain, Napoleon Hill later became my heroes. I trained myself more on the speech strategies that give pastors the hedge over their contemporaries. At 20, having led prayer sessions on many occasions in my local church, our pastor informed me that God has called me into the five-fold ministry with pastoral calling.

While in the university, I read works from great people like Plato and Socrates, and consequently discarded my Christian ideals entirely. It was then I explored Satanism and other faiths until I concluded that I'm the god I've been looking for all these while.

As an animal scientist, I lost interest in that field, and was looking for a job that has to do with public speaking until an advertisement was made for the post of a chaplain in a psychiatric hospital. Certification was required, diploma in theology would suffice. I have nothing of that nature, but flaunted my two-time pastoral experience in two of the largest churches in Nigeria.

I sat down alone, and all questions the interviewers -- all Reverends -- would likely ask me came into my subconscious mind in flashes.

"Why do you want to work as a pastor, knowing full well this job should not be based on ambition?" The organization's president began.

"I understand that God seeks three kinds of people. They are the sinners, people after His own heart (like David) and those that will stand in the gap and pray. By 'election', I fall into the third category", I replied, citing Ezekiel 22:30.

"The moment you read our advert, how did you feel in your body?" Another reverend fired.

"That still small voice from the Holy Spirit made it clear to me that I'm needed here", I answered, having read Benny Hinn's The Anointing, Kenneth E. Hagin's Holy Spirit and His Gifts, and Yonggi Cho's Holy Spirit My Senior Partner.

"If you are given the post, you will be liable to insults or assaults by our psychiatric patients from time to time. Will you be able to handle this?"

"I have worked before in a farm where we had a cow suffering from madcow disease. You would not need to be told that the flaccid disposition the horned herbivore was known for had deserted it. I wouldn't see the attacking cow as a traducer. I only have to be wary of the zoonotic form of madcow disease, which we in animal science call variant Creutzfeldt Jacob Disease(vCJD). In our case here, not all clinical cases are natural, and with my authority as a believer, I will put to flight the armies of the aliens. This will be done by faith, because 'By faith, the elders obtained good reports'", I answered.

Smiles and giggles rented the whole room as the clergymen almost lifted up their 'holy hands in worship.'

"How much are you willing to accept as your salary? Can you work for God free of charge, knowing full well that He made you for this purpose?"

With split-second precision, I quoted ICorinthians 9:13 and said, "'Do you not know that those who labor in the Temple are provided for from the Temple, and those who serve the altar share in the altar?' Having reeled out this Scripture, I don't have to explain it for my betters in faith."

I was given the appointment letter the following day. Other theologians interviewed told me how they threw questions pertaining to theology at them, but 'my case was different.'

I will be showing you hidden public speaking rules personalized to suit various individuals and my personal experience in my next write-ups. To succeed in public speaking, you need to believe you are the only living thing on earth, while all other things are robots. That means you take responsibility for your failure to thrill the crowd of accolades and hangers-on.

http://speakersspell..com/2017/03/how-i-held-pastors-spellbound-during.html?m=1
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by cyberprof: 9:01am On Mar 29, 2017
B2Spirits:

You must research your subject, and prepare very well before mounting the stage. Once on stage, you must see yourself as all-knowing until you leave the stage. See the audience as the enemies that must be conquered using intimidating eyes contact. See yourself as having superior knowledge of what you are speaking about.

The place of intonation

While pronouncing words, do it as if you own the word. In a sentence, important words must receive louder pronouciation. Have you given people handshakes before? You can identify those handshakes followed by devouring look -- those hearty handshakes that speak better than the action itself.

Jonathan Hawker made the statement below:

"The strength of the handshake was so much akin to that which I had noticed in the driver, whose face I had not seen, that for a moment I doubted if it were not the same person to whom I was speaking."

Look your audience in the eyes; not the ceiling. Note that your heart will beat faster for some minutes after mounting the stage--this is normal. Your subconscious mind must first pronounce what you want to say before your mouth says it. This makes you a pro.

Ask anyone who attended Winners Chapel, Ogbomoso between 2006 and 2011 if he or she can remember a certain usher, who was known for his thrilling testimonies. My grammar was almost perfect, while I delivered my speeches like a pro. I became a threat to anyone that was preaching on that altar in those days.

if I might ask are you and alumni of LAUTECH?? Animal science, winners,,
Re: How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview by Stevebamdex(m): 9:22am On Mar 29, 2017
B2Spirits:

You must research your subject, and prepare very well before mounting the stage. Once on stage, you must see yourself as all-knowing until you leave the stage. See the audience as the enemies that must be conquered using intimidating eyes contact. See yourself as having superior knowledge of what you are speaking about.

The place of intonation

While pronouncing words, do it as if you own the word. In a sentence, important words must receive louder pronouciation. Have you given people handshakes before? You can identify those handshakes followed by devouring look -- those hearty handshakes that speak better than the action itself.

Jonathan Hawker made the statement below:

"The strength of the handshake was so much akin to that which I had noticed in the driver, whose face I had not seen, that for a moment I doubted if it were not the same person to whom I was speaking."

Look your audience in the eyes; not the ceiling. Note that your heart will beat faster for some minutes after mounting the stage--this is normal. Your subconscious mind must first pronounce what you want to say before your mouth says it. This makes you a pro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stanbic IBTC's Recruitment 2016 / How Did You Get Your Present Job? / Agosu Albert Fagla: Lagos Job Seeker Posts Job Request On A Banner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.