Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal (1738 Views)

I Am A Christian But Dont Believe In Heaven Or Hell / Rivers Pastor Buys Car For A Muslim Who Converted To Christian & Won Church Quiz / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by akeensbussy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
If you pastor read the book of Malachi 3 to back up tithe, tell him/her that is a lie.

The book of Malachi is specifically written to the people of Israel not Christians.

Always tell them to start from chapter one of Malachi and see whom it was address to.

2 Likes

Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by zionmade(m): 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
But wen ur pastor quotes any other part of d old testament u shout Amen abi.
No single instruction was given to christians in d old testament so u can as well stop opening d old testament since u dnt know dat u re spiritually an israelite
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by luvmijeje(f): 4:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
How's it a concern of yours?
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by annunaki2(m): 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:
No single instruction was given to christians in d old testament so u can as well stop opening d old testament since u dnt know dat u re spiritually an israelite

Even israelite Jews don't tithe today, the tithe law has been done away with and it was never applicable to Christians in the first instance.

3 Likes

Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by alvin000(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
I suggest that you have to read from Matthew 5:17 to hear from the lip of the master Jesus Christ. 5:17 - 19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by zionmade(m): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
annunaki2:

Even israelite Jews don't tithe today, the tithe law has been done away with and it was never applicable to Christians in the first instance.
Hahaha I have no relationship with wat a jew of today practices.
Mal 3 says"bring ur tithes and offerings to my store house. And prove me if i wont open d windows of heaven and pour u out a blessing ""
If u do away wit the first sentence also be ready to do away with d second sentence. Or can u specifically point to d new testament where d second sentence can come to pasz without d first sentence
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by annunaki2(m): 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

Mal 3 says"bring ur tithes and offerings to my store house. And prove me if i wont open d windows of heaven and pour u out a blessing ""
If u do away wit the first sentence also be ready to do away with d second sentence. Or can u specifically point to d new testament where d second sentence can come to pasz without d first sentence

Both the ffirst and second sentence is not applicable to me, millions of believers and unbelievers all over the world are experiencing open heavens without tithing. Whilst I also know millions of faithful tithers who live in penury.
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by zionmade(m): 6:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
annunaki2:

Both the ffirst and second sentence is not applicable to me, millions of believers and unbelievers all over the world are experiencing open heavens without tithing. Whilst I also know millions of faithful tithers who live in penury.
If u re not a Christian i hav no business arguing tithe wit u ok? I only reply christians on d issue of tithe. I dnt have any business explaining to a big bang product why i tithe
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
alvin000:
I suggest that you have to read from Matthew 5:17 to hear from the lip of the master Jesus Christ. 5:17 - 19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Please lets address this bit by bit.
Jesus came to fulfill the law for us. After fulfilling it, the Bible clearly states that Christians are not under the law anymore but under grace.

1 Like

Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

Christians are already under open heavens.
Jesus became poor so that we will be rich.
And also, the blessings of Abraham is ours.

Note this: The whole book of Malachi was directed to the israelites for their disobedience. They were to obey the law before they would be blessed. And if they fail to obey it too, they would be cursed.

Tithe is not bad. But it is not compulsory neither will anyone be cursed for not tithing. In the grace period, thete is nothing like curse. Blessings only, and these blessings come to us only because of what Christ has done. That is why even unbelievers prosper.
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by zionmade(m): 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
Junia:

Christians are already under open heavens.
Jesus became poor so that we will be rich.
And also, the blessings of Abraham is ours.

Note this: The whole book of Malachi was directed to the israelites for their disobedience. They were to obey the law before they would be blessed. And if they fail to obey it too, they would be cursed.

Tithe is not bad. But it is not compulsory neither will anyone be cursed for not tithing. In the grace period, thete is nothing like curse. Blessings only, and these blessings come to us only because of what Christ has done. That is why even unbelievers prosper.
I didnt say tithing was compulsory i only challenged ur claim dat mal 3 was not referring to christians.
Tithe is not a pre requisite for God's blessing or curse or to make heaven. But try and meet a chronic tither he will tell u wat tithing has done to his life
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

I didnt say tithing was compulsory i only challenged ur claim dat mal 3 was not referring to christians.
Tithe is not a pre requisite for God's blessing or curse or to make heaven. But try and meet a chronic tither he will tell u wat tithing has done to his life
There is blessings in giving.
Try and meet a chronic giver and he will tell you what free will giving has done for him

2 Likes

Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by akeensbussy(m): 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

And your pastor is a spiritual Levites?
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by annunaki2(m): 7:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

If u re not a Christian i hav no business arguing tithe wit u ok? I only reply christians on d issue of tithe. I dnt have any business explaining to a big bang product why i tithe

I am a hardcore christian and passionate believer in the gospel of christ. It's clear to me that the man made tithe doctrine that as become popular in our churches today runs contrary to the spirit of the gospel off christ.

1 Like

Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by annunaki2(m): 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

I know several chronic tithers living in poverty, I even know some who died in penury so don't deceive yourself that there is any special blessing attached to tithing. List the top 1,000 richest men in the world today, I can assure you there is no tither amongst them.

1 Like

Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
This issue of tithing has always been a controversial one. Tithing is good. The carnal mind views tithing as a form of giving to the pastor or the ministry. But I tell thee verily, we are too small to help God. The tithe we pay is a form of respect indicating that even in our finances, God comes first.
I wonder why giving out only a tenth of our earnings just once in a month causes so much controversy in Christendom. As for me, I will always pay my tithe.

1 Like

Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
MasterRahl:
This issue of tithing has always been a controversial one. Tithing is good. The carnal mind views tithing as a form of giving to the pastor or the ministry. But I tell thee verily, we are too small to help God. The tithe we pay is a form of respect indicating that even in our finances, God comes first.
I wonder why giving out only a tenth of our earnings just once in a month causes so much controversy in Christendom. As for me, I will always pay my tithe.
No one is against it. My only problem is when people think the heavens are opened only when they tithe and also you are cursed for not tithing.
Its not true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by zionmade(m): 9:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
annunaki2:

I know several chronic tithers living in poverty, I even know some who died in penury so don't deceive yourself that there is any special blessing attached to tithing. List the top 1,000 richest men in the world today, I can assure you there is no tither amongst them.
I know dat wen it comes to money people try to show all their sensible wisdom just to ensure they dnt give.
Anyway i want to end dis argument wit dis I tithe and i see d results on my finances, open doors and financial miracles. So i will continue tithing till i die, if anyone who tithe doesn't experience blessings d person can stop.
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by zionmade(m): 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
akeensbussy:

And your pastor is a spiritual Levites?
Am a spiritual Levites (1 pet 2:9) not all Levites were priests so my pastor is my spiritual priests while Jesus is d high priest
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by zionmade(m): 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
Junia:

There is blessings in giving.
Try and meet a chronic giver and he will tell you what free will giving has done for him
Most chronic tithers are chronic givers too. Anybody dat can give 10% of his income must have an open heart to give both to d poor and for d work of d gospel
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

Most chronic tithers are chronic givers too. Anybody dat can give 10% of his income must have an open heart to give both to d poor and for d work of d gospel
I give a tithe .. i give less than a tithe .. i give more than a tithe and im blessed. There is nothing wrong in giving a tithe or less than a tithe.
All the same, God will bless you.
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

I know dat wen it comes to money people try to show all their sensible wisdom just to ensure they dnt give.
Anyway i want to end dis argument wit dis I tithe and i see d results on my finances, open doors and financial miracles. So i will continue tithing till i die, if anyone who tithe doesn't experience blessings d person can stop.
You believe tithing open doors and gave you financial blessings. Thats great.
Just believing in Jesus gave me keys to open doors myself and for financial blessings, Jesus made me rich by becoming poor. And also i am heir of Abraham. Thus the blessings of Abraham are mine.
I give because i have these in Christ by grace and not because i am expecting to be blessed (Though i receive more as i give).

Continue giving and you will be blessed.
Please dont determine thats its a tithe or certain giving that brought you a certain blessing.
It may not be so.

Blessings
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by akeensbussy(m): 10:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
Junia:

You believe tithing open doors and gave you financial blessings. Thats great.
Just believing in Jesus gave me keys to open doors myself and for financial blessings, Jesus made me rich by becoming poor. And also i am heir of Abraham. Thus the blessings of Abraham are mine.
I give because i have these in Christ by grace and not because i am expecting to be blessed (Though i receive more as i give).

Continue giving and you will be blessed.
Please dont determine thats its a tithe or certain giving that brought you a certain blessing.
It may not be so.

Blessings

Thank you...
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by talk2eshin(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
In the best interest of everybody, I will advice people to be cautious in dealing with ''akeensbussy''. HE IS A FRAUD. I am the alleged nairalander he supplied coconut wood to,
This is what really happened.
I saw his post on nairaland, I contacted him, met with him and we discussed about roofing my 3 bedroom apartment. He told me i would get the wood at 400naira per plank, I said no problem, He then took me to meet someone who cuts and sells coconut wood, the seller said, he would supply the whole 250units to site at the rate of 500naira/plank. I also Agreed.All this happened on Saturday 25th March, 2017. I told him my intention is to use the opportunity of Easter holiday to do the roofing, and Akeensbusy had earlier warned me that coconut wood cannot be cut down for long, once you cut it, you have to roof immediately.
I gave him advance payment on Monday 27th, All of a sudden he called me that he's able to get the wood somewhere else still at the same rate, that what will happen if i do the roofing on 1st april instead of my planned 14th April. i told him i wont be chanced until Easter period,
He said no problem that the wood would be supplied either 1st or 2nd of April, that I can still use it during Easter, thesame person that had warned me that once it is cut down, it has to be used immediately.
He supplied the wood very late at night either 4th or 5th of April, I was not available to go and check what he supplied because of my distance from site and I was out of Lagos, Immediately he supplied, he was running after me for his balance, I called my office to send him his balance the second day. Out of trust, I paid him all his money even without checking what he supplied,I only asked a pastor who stays close by to help me count the number of what was supplied.
On getting to site on Thursday 13th April to commence the roofing, I met something else. Almost all the woods he supplied were not useful,
too small, some are majorly woodbacks that can be used for anything, he was supposed to cut it 2*3 and 2*4, but nothing of such was there,
what i got was like tierod and even smaller than 2*2.
My carpenter came in with other 6 carpenters to start work on Friday 14th April, They all said they cant work with such wood. That if they step on those woods it will break into 2 and they want to avoid falling down from up as much as possible.
I immediately called Akeensbusy to express my displeasure. He promised he was coming immediately, that the wood is good, maybe my carpenters dont know how to use coconut wood. He called the his own carpenter to come to my site immediately, When that one came, he was just raining curses on Akeensbussy, that how can he supply such woods for roofing, that he doesn't wish me well, that was that the type he used to do his own building roofing? In my presence He called Akeemsbusy and told him outrightly that there is nothing good in what he supplied. Akeensbusy later came in the evening , he couldn't answer any question carpenters threw at him, they had plans to evn harass him for this bad job but i had to beg them, I told them to select whatever they can use, they selected some few, and said they can only use it as rough lat, nothing more. I had to start buying wood afresh because i didn't want my work to suffer since i only have easter break opportunity.
When Akeensbussy came, he started apologising even on whatsapp, he said they should mange whtaever is manageable there that we will sort it out after my roofing has been done. Total 104 planks out of the 250 he supplied was not useful even to chase a dog away. To the glory of God, i Was able to do my roofing, work that was supposed to be done for 2days max took 4 days because i had to go and start buying woods afresh.
I called Akeensbussy afterwards to ask for a refund, all he could say was that '' I think i am smart, that i just selected what is useful to me and told him to come and pack what is not good, he said he needs the whole 250 he supplied before we can talk of a refund.
What i asked from him is: is it possible for the wood to be good and i will still reject it knowing fully well that i have paid, Let's say 10percent of what he supplied was not good, that is acceptable, 42percent is more than a mistake.
Since he wants to prove to be smart, I have told him I will force him to refund my money and I will definitely do that.

This is just to alert whoever wants to go into any deal with this man to be careful. He is not truthful, he has no integrity, he will always go back on an agreement.
I have whatsapp chats, voice records as proofs incase of doubts.

akeensbussy:
If you pastor read the book of Malachi 3 to back up tithe, tell him/her that is a lie.

The book of Malachi is specifically written to the people of Israel not Christians.

Always tell them to start from chapter one of Malachi and see whom it was address to.

Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by Joagbaje(m): 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2017
akeensbussy:

The word of God is for us all. You could as well say God is for Isreal alone. Remember that even in the old testament non Jews were converted and served jehovah. You may Google what is called " PROSELYTE" ..
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by Joagbaje(m): 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
annunaki2:

tithing is not a Jewish tradition but a kingdom principle . it was in existence before the jewish Nation was born
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by CatfishBilly: 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
See them.
God is not an author of confusion.
See how confused you lot are while receiving from the same "Holy Spirit".
It will degenerate to insults.
Make I park here dey sip my Dettol.
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
Joagbaje:

tithing is not a Jewish tradition but a kingdom principle . it was in existence before the jewish Nation was born
Define Kingdom principle
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by ScepticalPyrrho: 6:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
The entire Old Testament isn't meant for any other people but the Israelites.

According to the stories in the Bible, God only cared for and protected the lineage of Abraham(Israel) alone. He destroyed and killed people of other race and tribe for their sake. He was particularly concerned about the Jews... if our African ancestor's happen to have been in the path of the Israelites journey, most of us would probably not exist(going by the stories).

It (yahweh) always felt jealous whenever they disobeyed its instruction. This it always made sure they pay with their lives or through suffering.

If not for the twist in the New Testament, we would all be enemies of Yahweh. The love of yahweh wasn't all inclusive before this era.

The only time other people were accepted into Yahweh's loving-kindness was when a carpenters son born out of wedlock claimed to be the special sacrifice that could please it, and thereby he changed his mind towards other nations.

It is evident that those old testament books were the religious manuals jealously written for only the special race in the entire world (jews); at the time, none of you were important. Although it wasn't your fault, but that of the first ancestor's (Adam and Eve) who offended it.

(All written objectively)
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by Joagbaje(m): 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2017
Junia:

Define Kingdom principle

It's simple English . You may Check your dictionary .
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by annunaki2(m): 8:18am On Apr 19, 2017
Joagbaje:

Pastor Agbaje, I understand your predicament, so I will let it pass.
Re: Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal by All4good: 8:34am On Apr 23, 2017
akeensbussy:
And He would answer you that Jesus Christ said he did not come to abolish any part of the Law. Truly as Christians the Old and New Testament are for our instruction and daily guidance.

zionmade:
The Old Testament contains the Ten (10) commandments. You can not do with out the Preface and the Introduction Chapters of a book. You may never understand that book if you skip reading those two chapters. And that is what the Old testament is to the New Testament in the Bible.

The Bible should always be read in context and ask the Holy Spirit for interpretation and understanding. Some of the books of the New testament are over 2000 years old while the old testament is over 5,000 years. I can't count how many translations the King James version received counting from the original material on which these books of the bible were written. If you know the implication of this, then you would understand why you should not leave the reading/ studying of your bible to your Pastor.

The challenge most Christians have today is that they have left studying of God's word (The Bible) to their Pastors and sink and float with his interpretation. They forget that ignorance of the Law is NOT an Excuse for Sin. So also "My Pastor did not tell me that"is NOT an Excuse for Sin.
Most of us have been brain washed for so many years with verses quoted of context especially malachi 3:10. But a little study brings out Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 and Deuteronomy 12: 11-28.
Tell your pastor you will pay your Tithe unfailingly but not to him/her. Tell your pastor you will pay your Tithe as God stipulated in Deuteronomy 14:22-29
I suggest you read this book http:///TithePB
It is written in a Question & Answer format and it answers lots of questions on Tithe, Offering, First fruits and Vows.
There is no gain in saying that the current structure of most churches for the collection of Tithe & Offering and "Church Planting" rather than Evangelism, Crusades and Missions has brought many pastors(Not All) to eternal condemnation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Men And Women Who Mocked God And Died Untimely How True Is This? / Prophetic Utterances For 2019 By Dr. D. K. Olukoya / Who is the Vilest among these Characters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.