Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) (10245 Views)

Army Arrests Man For Impersonating A Navy Commodore / Woman Arrested For Impersonating Aisha Buhari (photo) / Amputee, Others Arrested For Impersonating Tinubu, Saraki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by 247frolic(m): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
Olaitan Shofolahan, 37, a man arrested by the operatives of Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos State Police Command for impersonating officials of the Lagos State Land Use Charge has blamed unemployment as the cause of his action.

Shofolahan, an Accounting graduate of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, Ogun State, was arrested on Thursday in Lekki Phase 1, in Eti-Osa Local Government Area of Lagos. He was arrested while attempting to defraud a resident of the posh estate of several millions Land Use Charge dues.

The suspect, who was working in his brother’s audit firm in Sabo, Yaba area of Lagos, before abandoning the job in search of better offer. He stated that his moves to join the Lagos State Public Service were frustrated by lack of vacancy.

According to the suspect, “I was working with my brother in his audit firm in Sabo, Yaba, earning N45,000 monthly salary before I left the firm in search of employment…. I was at Lagos State Civil Service Commission several times to seek employment. It was during one of my visits that I learnt that payment for Land Use Charge in the state is through a code. The code is engraved on every metal sticker issued to every house.”

“It is with this code that you get an annual bill of the house and that you can get your charges printed out for you free with the bills. That was how I started moving round choice location to get their code and print their bills…. Any house that does not owe, I discard but those with huge bills, I work on them. But I noticed that some of them requested for my id–card. I forged a Lagos State Government identity card using a sample that I saw somewhere in Alausa Secretariat, Ikeja,” he stated.

He added, “I have being in the business since February, 2015. I have observed that owners of buildings in Lekki have capacity to settle their bills quickly, that was why I have focused there. Unfortunately for me, it was this location that I was caught…. I entered the building in Lekki Phase 1, unknown to me that the officials of the Lagos State Land Use Charge were there with the house owner. I saw the owner discussing with them but I didn’t know their identity. The owner of the building after sitting me down, invited RRS officials to arrest me.”

Shofolahan explained further; “since I have been impersonating, I have only realised N30,000 which I collected from an home owner in Alausa while pretending to be an official of the State. I have not collected any other money apart from that. Each and every time I visited these buildings, they ask me to come back later”.

Found with the suspect after his arrest were five land use bills with varied charges above N1 million and a forged identity card of The Lagos State Government.

Confirming the incident, the Police PPRO, ASP Olarinde Famous Cole, said that there would be no hiding place for criminals in Lagos State adding that officers of the command are at alert to nip crime in the bud.

The suspect has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, Yaba, for further investigations.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/03/photos-man-arrested-for-impersonating.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by NCANChairman(m): 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
Olaitan Shofolahan

Where all my subordinate members sef. So you people left me to be doing name checking abi? All of you ran away because of monthly dues abi?

Secretary please process the above name.

NCAN Chairman

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by Angeleena(m): 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
OLAITAN SHOFOLAHAN,na dem,Yoruba demon...they will never fail me,how I wish,we fit dey do betting on these people..and this one go be,Yoruba Muslim..see him fore head.

9 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
The two dunces above me though. It is either they lack common sense or they will never have because they showed the symptoms. grin

10 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by ULSHERLAN(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
Angeleena:
OLAITAN SHOFOLAHAN,na dem,Yoruba demon...they will never fail me,how I wish,we fit dey do betting on these people..and this one go be,Yoruba Muslim..see him fore head.

Your village people have not left your case.

9 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by Firefire(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
Please send him to jail quickly,

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by neonly: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
Bubari why. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by seunlayi(m): 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
This govt self
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by Frank3n2(m): 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
Afonja grin

6 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by Lukenitheooo6(m): 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
sharp guy caught eyah lelax in plision
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
grin we afonja muslims accept OLAITAN as our brother and are proud of his actions.

6 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by columbus007(m): 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ok.
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by solid3(m): 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
This girl is wicked oo. So there was Coke by her side all along & she sent d tired guy 2 d back of d store. Na wa o.

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by AkinPhysicist: 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
shocked
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by AkinPhysicist: 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
cool
angry
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by smartty68(m): 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
Lol. The bobo get mind

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
NCANChairman:
Olaitan Shofolahan

Where all my subordinate members sef. So you people left me to be doing name checking abi? All of you ran away because of monthly dues abi?

Secretary please process the above name.

NCAN Chairman

The Los Angeles offices of NCAN International does not meddle with internal affairs grin

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by koxi: 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hmm...
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
grin
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by BrutalJab: 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
Afonjas and fraud

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
post=54969364:

The suspect, who was working in his brother’s audit firm in Sabo, Yaba area of Lagos, before abandoning the job in search of better offer. He stated that his moves to join the Lagos State Public Service were frustrated by lack of vacancy.

According to the suspect, “I was working with my brother in his audit firm in Sabo, Yaba, earning N45,000 monthly salary before I left the firm in search of employment…. I was at Lagos State Civil Service Commission several times to seek employment. It was during one of my visits that I learnt that payment for Land Use Charge in the state is through a code. The code is engraved on every metal sticker issued to every house.”

Ole olojukokoro.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by biz2get(m): 9:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
Firefire:
Please send him to jail quickly,

Jail is filled up.. angry
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dem plenty for lagos

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by Firefire(m): 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
biz2get:

Jail is filled up.. angry

Are you sure?

Please provide evidence that all jails in Nigeria is filled up?
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
sad
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by JimloveTM(m): 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
Na wa for naija
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos) by Kunleforreal(m): 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hmmmm, Wonder shall never end.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Troops Kill 11 Terrorists, Recover Military Uniforms, Weapons / Party Chieftain Arrested And Charged To Court Over Theft Of Tricycle / NDLEA Intercepts 70,800 Tramadol Tablets, Arrests 32

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.