Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

How Do I Treat My Cough - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Treat My Cough (7787 Views)

Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga / How Do I Treat My Cadida Or Yeast Infection In Male Completely / How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Treat My Cough by mamagee3(f): 2:13am On Dec 23, 2009
I've got cough, how do I treat it? undecided
Re: How Do I Treat My Cough by trekkie: 8:49am On Dec 23, 2009
lots of fluids preferably water
cough medicine if you want to go that route (see physician)
herbal route include chewing ginger (quite hot, take care)
honey + lemon helps
chew bitter kola (the name says it all)
juice up any dark green leafy veggie and take regularly until it goes. (have seen that one in action just recently on a child)
Re: How Do I Treat My Cough by H2O2: 8:51am On Dec 23, 2009
yup pretty much whachu said
Re: How Do I Treat My Cough by Parohfrey(f): 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2009
su ck a bent di ck.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Cough by ReachRich(m): 4:51pm On Dec 23, 2009
Mama gee kpele ooh.Sure say no be TB.U don go hospital?Abeg try go.If u no get money call me now.
Re: How Do I Treat My Cough by nagoma(m): 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2009
Cough is the most common reason why people go to their doctor. In some cases, the cough has lasted less than 3 weeks, and is termed an “acute cough”. A cough that has lasted for between 3 and 8 weeks is termed a “sub-acute cough”. And coughing that has been going on for more than 8 weeks is termed a “chronic cough”.
While some people have been coughing for years, the cause of a cough can be determined in at least 90% of these cases. Therapies for cough have a success rate of at least 85%, and therefore treatments should be aimed at the underlying cause, rather than just medications that cover up the cough temporarily.
It will therefore depend on how long you have had the cough and also where you live. For a productive cough lasting more than 3 weeks , we must rule out TB especially if you bring out blood stained spit, you lose weight and sweat at night and live in areas where Pulmonary TB is endemic. In cold climates a cough lasting for weeks could be due to sinusitis while a much prolomnged cough could be caudsed by chronic obstructive aiwaya disease (COAD) especially if you are or were a smoker and an older person. No body can tell yyou the cases of your cough without more information and advisably a medical examination. The treatment should only be prescribed after a diagnosis. You could of course try some of the fancy remedies suggested by fellow Nairalanders above. Have a nice day!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat My Cough by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2009
Sorry my love, abeg try chop bitter kola jare
Re: How Do I Treat My Cough by aieromon(m): 9:58am On Dec 29, 2009
Bitter kola's been doing it for me for the past 2 years.
However,it should be combined with an antibiotic on the production of yellowish mucous and tightness of chest as these symptoms may suggest complications associated with respiratory diseases.
If bitter kola is not readily available,try honey and lemon.
Re: How Do I Treat My Cough by Gigihealth: 12:16am On Jul 16, 2016
Chronic cough can be prevented by not smoking, managing medical problems such as asthma, GERD, postnasal drips and also getting vaccinated against whooping cough. Click on the link below to know more about cough, their causes, preventions and treatments.
http://www.gigihealth.com/chronic-cough-some-facts-about-cough-you-dont-know-about/
Re: How Do I Treat My Cough by fynex(m): 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
mamagee3:
You can use Ruzu bitters
WhatsApp me@08081931749
To know how you can get it
Re: How Do I Treat My Cough by TheActionase(m): 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
mamagee3:

Amazing African Tradomedical Ways to Manage Different Ailments..

You can learn one or two of the procedures.... Prepare it... Test it....and if it works....

You can turn it to money making investment online and offline..

Please Read to Learn..and Share..
You may be HELPING Someone with it...

Full Article below...���
https://ikawoemmanuel..com/2017/07/kimoetherapy-treating-ailments-in.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Foods That Boost Fertility And Ovulation In Women / Lagos Discharges 90 Coronavirus Patients Today / Cosmetic [Plastic] Surgery is So Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.