Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State (25596 Views)

Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student / Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan / Masters With 2.5 Cgpa In Mathematics In Unilorin, Unilag, Ui, Lasu, Uniport, Unn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 27, 2017
Be like sey the president no go school for real
Expelling students with 0.5 is not new and it is done when repeated 3times after probation in universities.

Na president be that
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by emdeey(m): 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
youngsahito:
show us ur waec result buhari
How is the thread related to this?
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2017
Senipapa:
Good move but that doesn't solve the issue of candidates who are due to enroll into University programmes but severally denied admission into tertiary level, waste years at home doing nothing and contributing less to the economy.

bros, I've been following your posts ! who you like to dey yarn Rubbish like this

most of ur posts na rubbish
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by phetto(m): 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2017
emdeey:
HW IS IT NT RELATED
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by youngsahito(m): 12:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
emdeey:

everything is all about education. can't somebody ask his president what he want ni
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by youngsahito(m): 12:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
Slurity:
. How many times will he show you?
I have not see the real 1
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by Kolabalogun(m): 12:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
Dont blame them. We are who we are,but we know not what we may be
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:33pm On Mar 27, 2017
Dinogate
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by kennyjam: 12:37pm On Mar 27, 2017
let them come to your farm........ afterwards
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by sshalom(m): 12:56pm On Mar 27, 2017
Is it possible for a student to have even 1.0 GP say less 0.5 GP? All the same; the main issues confronting Nigerian universities are poor infrastructures and constant strikes. The Minister should focus more on that.
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by guiddoti: 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
phetto:
Buhari can't say dis nah, person wey no get waec result.
BTW : Hw buhari take sabi d meaning of CGPA abeg?.
If isnt Buhari, ask Dino.
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by guiddoti: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:
Dinogate
haha 0.5D Universal unit, D for dinogate.
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by modenschoolnews: 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
We all know that forgetting is a part of human behaviour, grin grin grin
but that doesn't mean we should accept this wholeheartedly undecided undecided.if you want to learn how you can read and remember,i suggest you first work on your mindset.it is only when you make the right changes to your thinking,do other things begin to turn out right. Lets take a quick glance at some of the practice to achieve this
Skimming:
Always take notes and highlight pages
READ full here https:///dLPK2o

Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by DJInfluence: 3:01pm On Mar 27, 2017
This is only a good call if they provide an alternative for such people. You expel them without to provision of the option of vocational traing, you will only end up with more criminals who need to feed not only themselve in the long run.

So i ask again, what alternative are you providing for such people?
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by Senipapa(m): 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
viickerz:

bros, I've been following your posts ! who you like to dey yarn Rubbish like this

most of ur posts na rubbish
coz you like to dey follow rubbish.
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by Senipapa(m): 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
elfmann:
Severally?
your point please, I am very open to correction
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by Merteenz(m): 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
Thats even nice. Here in FUTMx it is 1.5 wink
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by jbaby265(f): 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
The ones that graduated with the best results.. What have you done for them since you assume seat..

How many First Class do we have in the street.. Nonsense
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by Odkosh: 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
SuperSuave:
grin
Is it just me or this statement sounds 'mumuish'? angry how will a student have less than 1.0 CGPA and still be in a school not to mention 0.5? How the hell did such student gain admission in the first place sef angry
in my alma mata, once you are closing to 1.0, you don already get probation, once u enta 0.96, expulsion straight.

1 Like

Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by irepsuccess: 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
teemanbastos:
Already in play for some universities...
In oau.. Less than 1.0 is 'advised to withdraw'
in almost all Federal universities, u can't have less that 1.0cgpa and still be a student
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
Senipapa:
your point please, I am very open to correction
Check the proper use of that adverb. It only concerns the second meaning of the word : several.
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by Senipapa(m): 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
elfmann:

Check the proper use of that adverb. It only concerns the second meaning of the word : several.
Honestly, before now I always thought that word meant an action that occurred repeatedly. Thanks

1 Like

Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by anitapreeti(f): 11:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
SuperSuave:
with the way you're displaying your teeth you'll soon become brand ambassador for Oral-B smiley

Ok
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by harmonizo: 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
obailala:
You do realise the statement came from the minister for education who happens to be a Professor of Education and a former university VC himself right?
Very appaling indeed. Allowing himself to be used by a dumb-ass presido all in the name of 'I am representing Pa Bubu'.
Nonsense angry :
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by obailala(m): 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
harmonizo:

Very appaling indeed. Allowing himself to be used by a dumb-ass presido all in the name of 'I am representing Pa Bubu'.
Nonsense angry :
What do you mean by "allowing himself to be used"?

Not sure I understand your point..
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by harmonizo: 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
obailala:
What do you mean by "allowing himself to be used"?

Not sure I understand your point..
...and what is there you probably didn't underdstand?
Re: ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State by obailala(m): 11:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
harmonizo:

...and what is there you probably didn't underdstand?
How is he being used?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Number Under The Parked Car? / UNICAL Students Celebrate Their Graduation In Style (phtos/video) / UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.