Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating (21124 Views)

After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? / Ola-Gbadamosi Ridwan Oladotun, LASU Best Graduating Student Speaks / Ridwan Ola-Gbadamosi & Karen Nneka Enumah, LASU Best Graduating Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by ebusfav: 7:16am On Mar 27, 2017
Few hours after graduating as Lagoss State University's best graduating student, at the university’s 21st convocation held on Wednesday, March 22, 29-year-old Mrs Elizabeth Orefuwa welcomed a baby girl with her husband.

The new mum who graduated with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.74, disclosed that she thought her baby might come before the convocation, and deny her the opportunity of
participating in it.

"I was having contraction and was scared that the baby might come before the convocation. I told God to take control because I wanted to experience the convocation and God took control until I got home.

It was when I got home that it started again and my husband took me to the hospital where I gave birth at about 1. 00 p.m. on Thursday."

Orefuwa, further said that her aim was to make a first classs, after writing the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) 7 times ,before gaining admission into the university in 2012.

"My aim is to get my first degree certificate after several years of waiting and to satisfy my dad, who has been insisting on academic certificate before professional certificate.

He would always say to me then that I have put the cart before the horse. However, what kept me going was self-belief, focus and determination bearing in mind that I am not competing with others but with my own capabilities."

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/03/lasus-best-graduating-student-welcomes_27.html

More photos of the beautiful mum after the cut;

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/03/lasus-best-graduating-student-welcomes_27.html

Lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:28am On Mar 27, 2017
Congratulations.
The baby Name must be;
In yoruba- IWE oooo
In Ibo - Akwukwo
In Hausa-
In English - BOOK.........

27 Likes

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 27, 2017
Welcome o Iwelabi

26 Likes

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 27, 2017
angry
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by accountbalance: 7:29am On Mar 27, 2017
Lasu Lasu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by dtruth50: 7:30am On Mar 27, 2017
MARRIED WOMAN FOR THAT MATTER? CHAI! whts wrong with d single girls dea?

25 Likes

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by owolabi3699(m): 7:31am On Mar 27, 2017
Lol iwelabi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by Gwan2(m): 7:31am On Mar 27, 2017
[b]Just feel like encouraging someone today, please never never give-up, although the advise might seem outdated and a commonplace, but never give up please. Give it a try again and again and again. The best way to achieve success is to double your failure rate...Henry Ford. The odd against you might seem insurmountable, but again never give up please.
One of the most difficult discoveries in life is to discover your purpose on earth, for some people it takes months, for some it takes years, for some it takes eternity. Most times, if you dont discover your purpose life could be very frustrating and stressful because you will always find yourself in scenarios you aint suited for,in jobs you don't enjoy.... just like putting square pegs in round hole....you know how frustrating it could be.
If things ain't working out, please develop a plan or set a SMART goal for yourself.....set up strategies to meet the set goal, be resolute in your pursuit of the goal......NEVER NEVER NEVER grade your life progression base on comparison with your contemporaries or friends, it will subdue you and wear you out, life race is you and you alone.
Again never ever nurse a suicidal ambition, Nigerian situation could be unbearable, but the goal you set and the resolve you embrace to reach that goal will always be your driving force to live.....reasons why it is very pertinent to set SMART goals and discover your purpose.
Wish you goodluck.
[/b]

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by modelsms10: 7:32am On Mar 27, 2017
congrats.
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by talk2ibk(m): 7:32am On Mar 27, 2017
Congrats!
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by Einl(m): 7:32am On Mar 27, 2017
That baby has a lot to live up to!
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by oruma19: 7:33am On Mar 27, 2017
Awesome!!! The child's name is "convocation" grin

6 Likes

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by deedondavi(m): 7:33am On Mar 27, 2017
Congratulations
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by queenblossom(f): 7:34am On Mar 27, 2017
Congrat dear. It is not easy to achieve that as a married lady. Thumps up to u
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by gentlelyfe(m): 7:36am On Mar 27, 2017
And the single ladies will b complening nansense

1 Like

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by mightyhazel: 7:37am On Mar 27, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
Congratulations.
The baby Name must be;
In yoruba- IWE oooo
In Ibo - Akuko
In Hausa-

hausa, ..boko(haram?) smiley

1 Like

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by eluquenson(m): 7:37am On Mar 27, 2017
Congratulations to her
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by yelinco1(m): 7:39am On Mar 27, 2017
NICE ONE. I WISH I HAD JUST 2:1 BUT WITH MY 2:2, I'M GOING TO BLAST MY WORLD TO THE FULLEST. SO HELP ME GOD. DRAW GAME NO CHEATING!

1 Like

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by ChubbychummyICE(f): 7:39am On Mar 27, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
Congratulations.
The baby Name must be;
In yoruba- IWE oooo
In Ibo - Akuko
In Hausa-

Akuko na story ooo
Akwukwo
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by Sexytemi(f): 7:40am On Mar 27, 2017
Nice one, and congratulations.
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by whela(m): 7:41am On Mar 27, 2017
Good news... But improve on the tech and upgrade the system not just the name.
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by funshyboi(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
Congratulations. The baby Name must be; In yoruba- IWE oooo In Ibo - Akuko In Hausa- In English - BOOK.........
in Hausa boko
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by deebsman1(m): 7:48am On Mar 27, 2017
The boy would b named Iwe labi.....book-we-born
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by sakalisis(m): 7:49am On Mar 27, 2017
Congratulations
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:50am On Mar 27, 2017
ChubbychummyICE:

Akuko na story ooo
Akwukwo
thanks
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by Saheed9: 7:50am On Mar 27, 2017
congratulations

1 Like

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by petux(m): 7:53am On Mar 27, 2017
And some girls here in unilag are battling with 2-2
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by Greatbeard(m): 7:56am On Mar 27, 2017
Respect and celebrate a woman based on merit not based on gender.

Our single ladies need to learn to benefit of hardwork.

Not complaining about a nonexistent disadvantage.

She didn't crack under pressure.

I know the stress I passed through during final year.

NOW IMAGINE DOING ALL THAT WHILE PREGNANT!

KUDOS MA!

YOU ARE A STRONG WOMAN IN ALL SENSE OF THE WORD.

5 Likes

Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by Jangbajantis: 8:01am On Mar 27, 2017
mightyhazel:
hausa, ..boko smiley
Haram.
Re: Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 27, 2017
dtruth50:
MARRIED WOMAN FOR THAT MATTER? CHAI! whts wrong with d single girls dea?

They hustle hard every weekend taking care of themselves.

at least a married woman has her husband providing

but a young girl whose parents are not working have to suffer hard to survive

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) / Top 20 Best Polytechnics In Nigeria 2016 / EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.