Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures (67201 Views)

Rice Seed Of The Holy Grail:the Creation Of One Seed Into A Bag Of Rice. / How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) / The Plants And Animals I Saw In My Uncle's Compound (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by kuuljay(m): 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
yvelchstores:
ok.
na corn.be this na grin grin
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Stanleyafam(m): 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
egopersonified:
I have planted ugu twice in my back yard, failed both times, I planted the third time yesterday and prayed for them
grin

Make sure the soil is OK, and water after planting
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
Smart
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by delzbaba(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
na bush rat dey chop all the ugwu wey i plant.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Bizpsych: 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2020
nsiazu:
nice op.
blast ooooooo M.A.D
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Fejimummy: 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2020
this is so nice
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by delishpot: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2020
Wow. Thanks for sharing
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by okafor200(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
hardon1:

I wonder why researches ar e not being done by our agric institutes as regard this vegetable. Its one of the most widely eaten leafy vegetables in nigeria.

If na abroad, reaserches would have been done to make the seed more rugged and the yield more bounteous

hmm that's true
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by DivineTurnAroun(f): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Wow that's interesting thanks
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by okafor200(m): 4:58pm On Oct 05, 2020
oboy I tell Una say I dey even suspect one strange man for my compound make keep eye like vulture so,

I was like see come na thunder go help me tear your yansh there for increasing this our NEPA bill this month,

but the man was like abeg na NEPA people cause am ooo.

anyways I want to give a heavy shout out to manubuqree everything we grill,
na all this Burkina Faso strange thunder nahim go help us fire your half yansh there.
sometimes I go dey wonder if na for cameroun dem born the fool.
always commenting like an outcast that just came into the country some few days ago

baba olowo
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by marv1: 5:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
What about your phone number ?

Agritech:
Watch out for my step by step pictorial guide on how to multiply plantain/banana suckers to give 50 to 200 plantain suckers, using the PIF and MSD technique.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Henrypraise: 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
egopersonified:
I have planted ugu twice in my back yard, failed both times, I planted the third time yesterday and prayed for them
grin

you should allow the seed dry first under natural sun before you plant in a nursery, when the seed sprouts up, you can move them to the backyard, ensure the backyard gets sufficient sunlight, you must have mixed your soil with compost manure (not fresh manure o) before moving your seedlings to the backyard....

if your seed don't dry properly before nursing, it may get rotten on the ground and will not sprout

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by folarin24(m): 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2020
good job
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Elijahrona(m): 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
@op Step 6: Why not fresh manure? And in preparing your compost, how long do you wait?

Fresh manure, while decomposing, can burn your plants.

Composted manure has decomposed and will not burn your plants
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by officialfestus(m): 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
Following
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Abiboss: 6:42am On Oct 06, 2020
Nice thread
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Chigorkizz(m): 10:14am On Oct 06, 2020
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by AududuNine11: 11:08am On Oct 06, 2020
yvelchstores:
I hope I am not watering grass.

Lol
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by atima4: 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2020
please help oo my followed farmer some insects are eating my ugu leaves and I don't know what to do
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Emmafly(m): 8:22am On Oct 08, 2020
Broad leaf Ugu seed and seedlings available from the south east.

Am based in Lagos though. So I can supply both South East and south west states.

N40 per seed

These are just 10days old from planting.

Emmanuel +2348183549869

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 14, 2020
Agritech:
Step One: Plant the ugu seeds in sawdust. if the sawdust is in a container, ensure the container is perforated at the bottom so that excess water can drain out.
After about 5-7 days, the ugu seeds would look like this and we would be ready for step 2.
if it is leather,any need to perforate it?
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Jovar(m): 12:04am On Nov 25, 2020
For your nursed Hybrid Oil Palm seedlings:
Tenera & Super gene oil palm Seedling (and ALL other seedlings)
Buy from Jovar Resources

Other Improved Hybrid Seedlings Available:

Teak seedlings 
Cashew seedlings
Pineapple Suckers
Bell apple seedling
Strawberry seedlings 
Noni plant seedlings
Pomegranate seedlings 
Xylopia (eeru) seedling
African walnut seedling
Ugu seeds and seedlings   
Grafted mango seedlings
Neem (dongoyaro) seedling
Alfalfa seeds and seedlings 
Soursop Seeds and Seedlings
Passion fruit seed and seedling 
Dwarf Hybrid Coconut Seedlings
Jumbo guava seeds and seedlings
Sugar apple (or Sweetsop) seedling 
Dwarf pawpaw seeds and seedlings
Jackfruit  / Breadfruit (Nut / Yam type)
Cocoa seedlings, pods & dried raw seeds
Dwarf Semi Arid/ Wambugu apple  seedling
Dwarf Oilpalm seedlings(Tenera & Super Gene)
Avocado seedling
Local Pear (Ube) seedling
Hass Avocado(Pear) seedlings
Irvingia gabonensis(oro) seedling
Irvingia wombulu(ogbono) seedling
Cameroon plantain suckers and plantlet
Giant cavendish banana suckers and plantlet
Sweet orange, Tangerlo, Grape vine, Lime, Lisbon and Indian Lemon, Shaddock, Tangerine, and double budded seedling of all citrus species and many other seedlings...

We're behind the Glo office in Challenge, Ibadan, Oyo State, you can visit for self pickup, or we help send to anywhere through transport easily.

Jovar Resources™ (RC 2875407)
Call to buy now to enjoy discount.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Emmafly(m): 8:30am On Nov 25, 2020
Good morning Farmers,

Ugu seed is now #30. Broad leaf variety

Thank you all for your patronage.

Emmanuel 08183549869

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Slimdan360: 11:34am On Nov 26, 2020
Agritech:
Materials required.

1. Ugu seeds
2. Sawdust
3.Composted manure
Pls in place of the sawdust can I use normal soil,I can't seem to get sawdust around where I live
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Petyr1: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
Henrypraise:

you should allow the seed dry first under natural sun before you plant in a nursery, when the seed sprouts up, you can move them to the backyard, ensure the backyard gets sufficient sunlight, you must have mixed your soil with compost manure (not fresh manure o) before moving your seedlings to the backyard....

if your seed don't dry properly before nursing, it may get rotten on the ground and will not sprout
is it true that i have to break the seed and plant the soft one inside
will planting the ugu seed with the hard part not grow?
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Henrypraise: 11:17am On Dec 03, 2020
Petyr1:
is it true that i have to break the seed and plant the soft one inside
will planting the ugu seed with the hard part not grow?

breaking the seed only assist it, just ensure the pointed tip of the seed faces down, plant only about 1inch into the soil

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Bodex2000(m): 7:22am On Jun 17, 2022
Thank you so much, OP.
May God bless you bountifully.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by dmz1: 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2022
Hello oga Agritech what of the plantain multiplication you promised to teach us?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marcotting/Air Layering: Turn A Plant Into A Plantation / Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. / Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.