Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,961 members, 7,799,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students (14759 Views)

Pupils Drag Their Classmate To School After He Refused To Attend Classes(photos) / UI Students!!! Please I Need Your Attention!!! / University Of Ibadan's VC At Son's Convocation In US While UI Students Suffer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:34am On Mar 28, 2017
Naija sef
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by ElsonMorali: 7:35am On Mar 28, 2017
And these same students will still come on Nairaland and be supporting Dino and Saraki and other politicians.

Kwantinuu....
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by Etizz: 7:36am On Mar 28, 2017
these things will continue until one reasonable person come in to rule us and kill all corrupt politicians leading us astray....

God please rescue my blessed country from this suffering....
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by AreaFada2: 7:36am On Mar 28, 2017
Pity how everything has nosedived in this country.

But politics and tribalism will not make people say the truth.

So we just country like Israelites in the wilderness.

But something got to give some day. No doubt about that. It always does.

It could be Yemen, Syria, Somalia & Afghanistan combined in scale. We'r sticking our head in the sand like ostriches at the moment. Unwilling to face to face the uncomfortable truth.

Instead trooping to churches & mosques in desperate need of balm & comfort.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by legendte(m): 7:37am On Mar 28, 2017
Keep deleting my post
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by tete7000(m): 7:46am On Mar 28, 2017
Nigeria and problems are like 5 and 6. Sorry students, that's what it takes to be Nigerians. Tomorrow when you too get there, ironically you are not likely going to behave differently. Those staff were once students who went through the same kind of pain and groaned the way you are groaning now but it doesn't stop them from inflicting their own pain on students too.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 28, 2017
I can attest to this cos even their graduates exhibit poor hygiene.

2 Likes

Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by Martinez19(m): 7:49am On Mar 28, 2017
uzoclinton:
Back in those days i. UNN we slept in darkness, attended classes without bathing and we defecated in the bush on a regular.... and you are here complaining after just few days of suffering...
So, what you went through justifies their suffering?

2 Likes

Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by tete7000(m): 7:49am On Mar 28, 2017
quentin06:

What are they saying, what are you saying? You read the article at all? Maybe you have comprehension problem sha.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by suso(m): 7:51am On Mar 28, 2017
stanway:
here is nigeria where anything goes,this shit can't happen in my country ghana,,nigeria giant of africa my ass
Ghanaian self dey talk...
Arinfin ilé ìgbé
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by LOYALTY2628: 7:54am On Mar 28, 2017
I don't think one institution is superior to others, this time around, because wat one is suffering from might be wat others have overcome, everyone of them with their deficiencies.
Although, there are outstanding features to them.
But alas, they are bird of the feather.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 28, 2017
OP, this is a well written piece.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 28, 2017
tete7000:

What are they saying, what are you saying? You read the article at all? Maybe you have comprehension problem sha.

We re talking about hygiene problems caused by students not taking their baths.

What is there to comprehend? If you re an alumni , I understand why this upsets you. This problem needs to be addressed, better fix it than live in denial of it.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by Acidosis(m): 8:02am On Mar 28, 2017
rozayx5:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

their comrades in South Africa undecided

i wonder what makes us Giants of africa sef

we just hype ourselves to feel good when in reality our so called nation is a failure led by certificate forgers and cattle rearers

Nigeria is not the giant of Africa. It has never been.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 28, 2017
quentin06:
A u.i graduate who was my class mate during nysc can go without bathing for days, will only bath after being mocked and constantly mess up the wc.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by AlphaStyles(m): 8:07am On Mar 28, 2017
but I see Light for UI yesterday na
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by akigbemaru: 8:09am On Mar 28, 2017
Meanwhile their colleagues in South Africa enjoy!
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by MrTypist: 8:19am On Mar 28, 2017
Nigeria is a failed nation.

Only the crooks make it in crooks land.

No be their mates be this?

Abeg if you get any opportunity to leave this misfortune called a country, please don't hesitate.

Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by engrchykae(m): 8:23am On Mar 28, 2017
Sirhethat12:

Because they are on strike doesn't make them less good. you can't totally judge with that.
my dear,frequent strike action is one the qualities of a corrupt and bad tertiary institutions.dont try to shift the goal post.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by tete7000(m): 8:24am On Mar 28, 2017
quentin06:

We re talking about hygiene problems caused by students not taking their baths.

What is there to comprehend? If you re an alumni , I understand why this upsets you. This problem needs to be addressed, better fix it than live in denial of it.

Sorry, what was being said is that non-academic staff are on strike, hence there was no light and water is not being pump to halls of accommodation. Because of that students don't have water to bath and have been sleeping in darkness. It is why I asked if you read it at all. Its not about students' personal hygiene but a system failure occasioned by strike that prevents students from access to light and water.

Finally how can you make judgement about students' hygiene from sample of graduates you claimed to have met for a school that has existed since 1948? Do you know how many people have graduated from that school? What percentage of the graduates have you met that you drew your conclusion from?

3 Likes

Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 28, 2017
tete7000:

Sorry, what was being said is that non-academic staff are on strike, hence there was no light and water is not being pump to halls of accommodation. Because of that students don't have water to bath and have been sleeping in darkness. It is why I asked if you read it at all. Its not about students' personal hygiene but a system failure occasioned by strike that prevents students from access to light and water.

Finally how can you make judgement about students' hygiene from sample of graduates you claimed to have met for a students that have existed since 1948? Do you know how many people have graduated from that school? What percentage of the graduates have you met that you drew your conclusion from?

I didnt make judgement, I can see where you are leading the discussion there is no need to quarrel on a beautiful Tuesday.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by loomer: 8:37am On Mar 28, 2017
Na non academic staff be NEPA?

If na generator no problem, but NEPA light no be their property.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by btoks: 8:39am On Mar 28, 2017
uzoclinton:
Back in those days i. UNN we slept in darkness, attended classes without bathing and we defecated in the bush on a regular.... and you are here complaining after just few days of suffering...
In every walk of life, there should be improvement not regression. A valid point has been raised about conditions at UI and this should be addressed.

How would we ever compete with other nations if we don't have the right learning environment regardless of what happened in the past at UNN?
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by tete7000(m): 8:46am On Mar 28, 2017
quentin06:

I didnt make judgement, I can see where you are leading the discussion there is no need to quarrel on a beautiful Tuesday.

No quarrel. Have a great day!
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:59am On Mar 28, 2017
This doesn't change the fact that UI remains the best institution in Nigeria.

Take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by AyamBlaze: 9:15am On Mar 28, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
Had it been I was the president. I'd have converted this glorified primary schools OAU, UI, Unilag Into cattle ranches
Brutal shocked
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by Dee60: 9:18am On Mar 28, 2017
Meanwhile, the lawmakers are importing cars worth N270million each to ferry themselves. That money alone can sink 50 boreholes and put an end to water shortage that has been in that school since the 70's (More than 40 years ago).

Is there a curse on the black man?

3 Likes

Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by jchioma: 9:47am On Mar 28, 2017
This is really pathetic to say the least. A whole UI ! How low can you go ? But we must go beyond words (complains) to action. Someone needs to be called to question.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by sexyellency(m): 10:05am On Mar 28, 2017
suso:

Ghanaian self dey talk...
Arinfin ilé ìgbé
Ahbeg help me tell am say shey Nah him papa get this forum.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by ChinonsoDike2: 10:54am On Mar 28, 2017
Dee60:
Meanwhile, the lawmakers are importing cars worth N270million each to ferry themselves. That money alone can sink 50 boreholes and put an end to water shortage that has been in that school since the 70's (More than 40 years ago).

Is there a curse on the black man?

Yes.
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by Sirhethat12(f): 11:27am On Mar 28, 2017
electronicsguuy:
Is that all?

Generator Power Booster for sale.
The booster can be plugged to small generator like tiger generator and bigger generating plants. It does not affect the sound of the generator neither will it affect your generator set in any way.

It will allow you to plug your iron in the output of your generating plant without damage to your generator coil e.g: for Ironing of clothes The consumption
rate is small to allow you plug other things like: Tv, Fan, light bulbs, computer,phone charger and stereo system. The booster enhances and prolongs the life of
your generator by absorbing the pressure from your high current appliances.
Has no contact with your generator and therefore does not harm the Coil
No damage to generator.

Gone are the days when you wait for Nepa and PHCN before
you use your appliances. Iron booster is a cautioner between the supplier and the
load. It lightens the load plugged on it. You can use it with small and big generator plants

Importance of booster.
1. Easy to apply
2. Have no negative effect on your generator sets.
3. Does not stop you from using other loads like bulbs, cd, TV sets etc.
4. Does not increase fuel consumptions.
5. Very cheap and affordable.
N4500 only
Lagos

0811 938 7235

is that all you selling? it's too small na
Re: We Sleep In Darkness, Attend Classes Without Bathing – UI Students by Sirhethat12(f): 11:30am On Mar 28, 2017
engrchykae:
my dear,frequent strike action is one the qualities of a corrupt and bad tertiary institutions.dont try to shift the goal post.
you have said it all. 'FREQUENT' not occasional, they don't strike that much.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Earth Surface Is Flat!!! 200 Proofs / Pat Utomi Charges Mcpherson University Graduates To Save Nigeria At Convocation / Afe Babalola Rejects 120 Cut-off Mark For Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.