Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) (1481 Views)

Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: "What God Told Me" / Sunday Adelaja Speaks On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal / Apostle Suleman Sex Scandal Allegations: Checkout This Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by sehin79(m): 8:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
interesting tought from pastor Sunday Adelaja educative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lrQjf9UfgQ
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by Seun(m): 8:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
Well that was entertaining. I agree with the notion that men of God are not perfect, but his assumption that the Apostle is repentant is fishy. I also don't think that the notion that a pastor can be in a "relationship with God" while also engaging in wild sexual sins is biblical in any way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by hahn(m): 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
Seun:
Well that was entertaining. I agree with the notion that men of God are not perfect, but his assumption that the Apostle is repentant is fishy. I also don't think that the notion that a pastor can be in a "relationship with God" while also engaging in wild sexual sins is biblical in any way.

David and Solomon come to mind

When I become a pastor I will make sure I preach fornication to my congregation

I will name my church "Solomon's descendant church of christ" grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by Seun(m): 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
hahn:
David and Solomon come to mind
Polygamy isn't considered a sexual sin in the bible. David's sexual sin was the incident with Solomons mom and his baby was punished for it.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by menxer: 8:48pm On Mar 27, 2017
What's the name of that man of God in the Bible that went to (frequented?) olosho joint and picked one home?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by hahn(m): 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2017
Seun:

Polygamy isn't considered a sexual sin in the bible. David's sexual sin was the incident with Solomons mom and his baby was punished for it.

They had tons of concubines
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by menxer: 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2017
Seun:

That is Justice, the innocent always gets punished while the culprits go and give testimony in church.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by Seun(m): 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
hahn:
They had tons of concubines
They were kings, not prophets or priests, and I don't think keeping concubines was explicitly disallowed by the law of Moses. Not sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by Seun(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
jnrbayano:
Baby punished? How?
David had a man killed so he could marry his wife and sleep with her. She gave birth to a baby and God killed the baby to punish ... David.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
All these ones that you guys will be bringing and saying "watch, watch, watch..." Na for tree data dey grow

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by hahn(m): 11:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
Seun:
They were kings, not prophets or priests, and I don't think keeping concubines was explicitly disallowed by the law of Moses. Not sure.

They were men of god regardless
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by jchioma: 12:11am On Mar 28, 2017
Is the Adelaja guy indirectly indicting 'Apostle' Suleiman?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by Willzkid(m): 1:42am On Mar 28, 2017
I agree with Pastor Sunday to the extent that men of God are not perfect. However if a man of God sins in a manner that will bring ridicule to the body of Christ, it is demanded in the Bible that he undergoes discipline not with a mind to punish him BUT to restore him. Another reason for Church discipline is to ensure that the church is blameless before the world, being the ground and pillar of truth. As per the lady's assertion that men of God make themselves look perfect, I will want to espouse a scripturally nuanced perspective. God places high demands on the clergy in terms of their comportment. 1Tim 3 gives very stringent requirements for the Clergy. So it is not a matter of them acting perfect. It is a normal response to the high standard required of their office. If the laity is held to high moral standards, then the clergy even more. Now this is not to suggest that Men of God are perfect, but that the scripture demands a high degree of self control from them, and when they fall short they should be able to publicly repent, be disciplined and restored. The only point I may concede to the interviewer is that some men of God actually posture themselves as Idols accepting all sort of titles and accolades when the Bible calls us to a discrete, quiet and humble lives. This tendency to showboat and attract attention is the undoing of many a man of God. However when MOGs fall we must not just sit idly and condemn them. We must first pray for them. We should not also just run to their defence as it fuels their ego making proper restoration difficult.
Remember it is not about a man, it is about the Church of God, the bride of Christ, the ground and pillar of truth

PS: My comment is purely on the basis of the points raised in the interview. No allusion or judgement is hereby made to the Johnson Suleiman case.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) by KanwuliaExtra: 2:35am On Mar 28, 2017
This wan na "pastor" too? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

The People Vs Muhammed / Sex For Christ / What's the implications of Owl perching around ones apartment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.