Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media (21858 Views)

I Have Failed My People - Governor Aminu Masari / Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya / Governor Aminu Masari's ‘$5000 Gift’ Swept Away 15 VOA Hausa Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by eflintsone(m): 11:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
otitokoroleti:
bt idiot Lie Mumuamed insulted GEJ many times, called him unprintable names yet GEJ never ordered for his[lie] arrest. APC/Lai Muhammed taught Nigerians how to insult their leaders
oga i am still not in support of such , m nt a politician ... neva a fan of politics
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by eflintsone(m): 11:48pm On Mar 27, 2017
bangging:
your buhari is a clules goat, just like u..
only a big goats knows if another is a goat .... weh done sir .... werey eran
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by forray(m): 12:26am On Mar 28, 2017
Nigeria is simply a failed state.Nothing works anymore. Seriously we the youth of this country need to sit our ass down and find a way to do away with this same set of politicians that has been holding this country back. If not for us, atleast for the sake of our unborn children and our younger. Instead of been petty, tribalistic and sentimental, fighting each other over old men, we shld be looking for a way to end this cycle of these clueless, heartless failures by 2019. From the executive, to the legislature and judiciary, total over hauling. Abi una never tire?

2 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by opethom(m): 12:38am On Mar 28, 2017
Young03:
Freedom of speech no longer working here

bt saeed u get mind sha

why not remain anonymous like some who critisize buhari here do
freedom of speech dey I can assure you, but freedom after speech I can't assure you
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 28, 2017
Originalsly:
Freedom of speech doesn't give you green light to say anything. Yes, you can insult someone.... that's not against the law. Defamation of character.... libel....incitement... all charges that one can face because of speech... over the line of free speech. Would you now say the US is also a zoo?
Libel is only a civil matter and you pay a fine. It does'nt attract jail term.
So many ignorant people in this country.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 28, 2017
nc201016:
I don't understand what about the masses that insult our leaders online by names..
When your leaders are useless corrupt thieves why won't the masses insult them.
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by tuscani: 1:18am On Mar 28, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
that is what my governor fayose said and they are reaping it
Bro, I feel you
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by vertueptime: 2:07am On Mar 28, 2017
Are u drunk?
Hmajeed:
But that is Ganduje.. the Gov of Kano..
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Originalsly: 2:08am On Mar 28, 2017
vandutchjoungen:

Libel is only a civil matter and you pay a fine. It does'nt attract jail term.
So many ignorant people in this country.
If it doesn't attract jail term it is not against the law? When you run a red light it isn't against the law because it doesn't attract jail term? With this your statement you should be the last to say so many ignorant people in this country.
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Okuda(m): 2:28am On Mar 28, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

Lawless country

You can insult the President of the USA all you want, you can write fake news about him for 200 years, you can never ever be arrested

Come to Nigeria and call Buhari an illiterate and the DSS and EFCC would arrest you the following day

Look at Trevor Noah, he roasts and insults Donald Trump every single day and no one can arrest him (human rights)

Tomi Lahren has been insulting Obama for years now and she hasn't been arrested

If you arrest anyone in the USA for insulting the President or any government worker, you better have millions of dollars because he/she would sue you, sue the city, sue everything sueable and will still win the case

Welcome to the zoo Nigeria

The bad thing was that the guy pleaded guilty. So they got him at that point
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Kingbuhari(m): 3:57am On Mar 28, 2017
the 90years fulani nomad has taken our freedom of speech and expression... kuku come and kill this bastardized seed of
Adamu Buhari,
Zulaihat Buhari
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Ruggedpen: 5:39am On Mar 28, 2017
In Nigeria you can have freedom of speech but not freedom after speech.
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by BiggyBamBam: 5:44am On Mar 28, 2017
Young03:
Freedom of speech no longer working here

bt saeed u get mind sha

why not remain anonymous like some who critisize buhari here do

It's not the Freedom of Speech thing but he accused the Governor of being responsible for someone's impeachment. That is a serious offence. He had no proof!

Hausa people shaaaaa
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 28, 2017
jobwatchng:

Source: http://trendshood.com/2017/03/man-jailed-for-insulting-katsina-state-governor-aminu-masari-on-social-media/

"Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Radio Monitoring"

Nigeria has completely failed. It's today that I simply realized this and accept the fact.

Not Assistant to road infrastructure
Not assistant to healthcare availability
Not assistant to job creation
Not assistant to ombudsman
Not assistant to conflict resolution

But gademn assistant to radio monitoring.

Isolrite.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by wizzlyd(m): 6:02am On Mar 28, 2017
Moreoffaith:
Insult some people here and get banned for 2 month lols.
even post i don't give a f**k Na ban here
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by ican2020: 6:32am On Mar 28, 2017
Is this not the same Man that bought one goat for 1m?
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Welcomme: 6:35am On Mar 28, 2017
Friengng wat da hell is happening to ur brothers?
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Welcomme: 6:37am On Mar 28, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Hehehe..you are on a long thing because I have no hero in the cage .
That Aboki thought u are an Ipob

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Rilwan20(m): 6:38am On Mar 28, 2017
Freedom of speech is allowed but freedom after speaking is not always guarantee.
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Biggers82(m): 6:44am On Mar 28, 2017
That's is not my business
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Xkalaban(m): 6:53am On Mar 28, 2017
eflintsone:
na wetin i for want make dem do those igbos wey dey insult buhari ... calling him all sort of names , awon jatijati

E be like say u dey breath thru ur anus. So na only Igbos dey criticize Buhari abi? No go choke urself to death where u dey busy dey carry Igbos matter for head.
Ewu can beer tongue

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by eezeribe(m): 6:55am On Mar 28, 2017
Very good for him... This should be a lesson to all those social media broke people,who don't have anything doing in real life.
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by yusufbala2010(m): 6:58am On Mar 28, 2017
Please be careful of what you do or say and remember respect is reciprocal my fellow nairalanders and sky is your limit
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Hafeezson(m): 7:08am On Mar 28, 2017
Why is it i was not imprisonment 4 insulting my state governor @Zamfara?
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Casablanca22: 7:12am On Mar 28, 2017
Shebi na change we need... we all can see the difference: Like the saying goes: when a woman marries two husband, then she will know the better one.... Nigeria has gone from democracy to dictatorship.... No more freedom of anything.
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by bangging(m): 7:12am On Mar 28, 2017
eflintsone:
only a big goats knows if another is a goat .... weh done sir .... werey eran
no mater the level of education of a youruba person he or she must shurly shit in a plastic and put under there bed for 2days, is that person not a goat? Eku no wo o...be be nlo...
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by MrEgbegbe(m): 7:15am On Mar 28, 2017
Fessy09:
The Zoo Nigeria and those who live in it just like you are what?citizens ba?

Shut up kid

So, everyone on Nairaland lives in Nigeria ??
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Kkzz: 7:18am On Mar 28, 2017
Freedom of speech is inevictable in Nigeria, especial does iliterate lyk buhari dat are ruling us
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by charleyboi(m): 7:20am On Mar 28, 2017
At times I wonder this kind of government and country we are seeing, I fink we preach about freedom of speech, and any good government is open for criticism.
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Rilwayne001: 7:35am On Mar 28, 2017
Welcomme:
That Aboki thought u are an Ipob

No mind the mallam.
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by Fessy09(m): 8:02am On Mar 28, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

Shut up kid

So, everyone on Nairaland lives in Nigeria ??
then you dont what you're talking about, abeg Line-up jarey
Re: Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media by eflintsone(m): 8:52am On Mar 28, 2017
bangging:
no mater the level of education of a youruba person he or she must shurly shit in a plastic and put under there bed for 2days, is that person not a goat? Eku no wo o...be be nlo...
lol look at this nama , so i be yoruba ?? and i even grew up with the yorubas , yorubas dont do that crap u jus said ... banza

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Confirms Emefiele As CBN Governor, Reacts To CBN’s ‘Stolen N500 Billion’ / Okorocha Advocates One Senator Per State To Cut Cost Of Governance / Customs Intercepts Arms, Military Uniform At Lagos Port (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.