Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:21 PM

MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century (11172 Views)

Is Infinix hot 3 LTE The Same With hot 3 Pro?? / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi / List Of Smartphones That Are Compatible With Glo 4G LTE Band 28, 700mhz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by uckennety(m): 7:17pm On Mar 28, 2017
nurez305:
Not true... something is wrong somewhere..... I'm using their mifi as well and their 2k for 7gb serve me well for at least 3weeks on moderate browsing and downloading.... how come your own is different

To me .,..MTN is bae

MTN is lyk MMM robbing peter to pay paul
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by nurez305(m): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
uckennety:

MTN is lyk MMM robbing peter to pay paul
just like cma cheesy
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by morax101(m): 7:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
JideSM:

Hi beautycrush24, my apologies once again. As discussed on phone and via PM. Please be informed N5000 has been refunded to your line. In addition, kindly avail me of the IMEI number of the device to enable me assist further. Regards

Hello I am also going through the same issue, I got the MiFi this year January and the rate at which the data is been deducted is abnormal. FYI, I am using glo before and 10GIG do last for a month but I moved to new area and that was when I got the MiFi and 10GIG doesn't last for 2 weeks anymore and I'm not a heavy user. Please help me out asap.
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by uckennety(m): 8:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
nurez305:
just like cma cheesy

Not yet chop 2months n run! Ponzi no b life
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by uckennety(m): 8:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
nurez305:
just like cma cheesy

GHW don chop my $1250 God epp me
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by nurez305(m): 8:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
uckennety:

Not yet chop 2months n run! Ponzi no b life
lolz..... if I heard you clearly, you mean you wan chop cma for 2month and run?

1 Like

Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by nurez305(m): 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
uckennety:

GHW don chop my $1250 God epp me
ghwx is still paying, I still got paid today
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by Coldplay007(f): 8:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
it is YouTube consuming all that data .. You have been streaming YouTube videos.. YouTube are streamed at HD quality which consumes a lot of data.

you have to change the setting to 144 or 240p before watching.. I thought a genie was using my data too till I discovered that..
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by uckennety(m): 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
nurez305:
ghwx is still paying, I still got paid today

Btc or naira
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by uckennety(m): 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2017
nurez305:
lolz..... if I heard you clearly, you mean you wan chop cma for 2month and run?

Ya
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by nurez305(m): 8:34pm On Mar 28, 2017
uckennety:

Ya
lolz...typical nigeria guy, that is how you spoil ghwx
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by nurez305(m): 8:38pm On Mar 28, 2017
JideSM:

Hi beautycrush24, my apologies once again. As discussed on phone and via PM. Please be informed N5000 has been refunded to your line. In addition, kindly avail me of the IMEI number of the device to enable me assist further. Regards
hmmmn, 5k refunded.... abeg help me check my own too, 20gb doesn't last a week.... kindly refund me ooo angry angry
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2017
nurez305:
hmmmn, 5k refunded.... abeg help me check my own too, 20gb doesn't last a week.... kindly refund me ooo angry angry

This is even serious thank God I saw this on time. I was planning to buy this their mini for my betting buisness. Now Ive seen this glo here I come nonsense. No wonder my data on my phone is being zapped. I've even removed my mtn Sim. Na my glo I take dey chat now. Chaiii

Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 28, 2017
mods please move this to front page ooo. Cc Lalasticlala seun come and see ooo
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by uckennety(m): 8:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
nurez305:
lolz...typical nigeria guy, that is how you spoil ghwx

Noooo I learnt dz 4rm ghwx! If not my $1250 4 no hang

Upon d new site fake pop still d reign!

People no dey gree confirm pple

Fone verification it's d 13th person now still promise to verify but won't finally credit is burning

No look in d new site too

1 Like

Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by beautycrush24(f): 9:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
Coldplay007:
it is YouTube consuming all that data .. You have been streaming YouTube videos.. YouTube are streamed at HD quality which consumes a lot of data.

you have to change the setting to 144 or 240p before watching.. I thought a genie was using my data too till I discovered that..

See the screenshot below. That is my data usage. I no be learner

Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by ThatIgboBoy: 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
beautycrush24:
The rate at which these telecom companies exploit us is becoming really frustrating. And to think they'll keep doing it because we always decide to keep quiet is more annoying. So today I've decided not to keep quiet like I always do but to call them out instead. I'll be fulfilled if this message saves only 1 person from this scam.

I bought the MTN 4G LTE mifi on the 13th of this month for 20k and according to them, it came with 20GB (imaginary 20GB in my opinion). Network was bad so they weren't able to activate it till d next day which is 14th. I started using it and got a message on the 21st that my data had been exhausted. You can imagine my shock. 20GB in 1 week? What was I browsing. Prior to this time, I was using at most 7GB monthly. I subscribe regularly cos I work online so I can accurately estimate how much data I consume monthly.

Anyways, I overlooked it since it was 'free' data and decided to subscribe the 10GB data plan which costs 5k. I did that on the 22nd of this month and was given 25k bonus airtime that can be used to browse. Imagine my shock when I got notified yesterday, march 27th, that both 10GB and 25k have been exhausted. HUH!!! In 5 days? Just put a gun to my head already.

So these thieves are trying to say in 13days, I used up 30GB and 25k just for browsing WITHOUT DOWNLOADING!!! I decided to call customer care. The first mumu I spoke to was giving me wrong date so I knew he didn't know his job well. I decided to call again hoping someone else will pick. A lady picked and after my explanation, she told me from what she can see, I've been browsing heavily. Just imagine. Like I don't know what heavy browsing means? When I tried to argue her explanation, she hung up on me. So much for customer service. She's lucky I didn't get her name. I wonder if they really screen these people before employing them.

I am writing this to warn those who plan to buy the MTN 4G LTE mifi to think twice before taking that step. I have lost 25k to these rich thieves which might be nothing to some of you but it's my sweat and I decided to rant about it. Enough of all this scam already. Thanks for reading.

Look for their tweet handle and complain. They will follow u back and DM u. And then try to sort out ur problem. I dont call their customer care again
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by enemmo(f): 9:11pm On Mar 28, 2017
beautycrush24:

There are also some sites with embedded videos like dailymail,Goal.com etc. Once you open those sites with 4G,those videos will try to load.
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by beautycrush24(f): 9:20pm On Mar 28, 2017
enemmo:

There are also some sites with embedded videos like dailymail,Goal.com etc. Once you open those sites with 4G,those videos will try to load.

Whew!!! I tire for all this una assumption o. They have checked and they're already working on refunding me and the guy has investigated and realized I didn't use up all that data hence the refund.

Even these sites with embedded videos cannot consume 30GB in 13 days ma.

Thank u

1 Like

Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by Dam5reey(m): 9:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
beautycrush24:

Whew!!! I tire for all this una assumption o. They have checked and they're already working on refunding me and the guy has investigated and realized I didn't use up all that data hence the refund.

Thank u

There is no magic here, your usage says it all,
at least anything you do is calculated embedded or no embedded...

The day my data usage no Tally with.. Data balance MTN go hear am grin
MTN admin watch out... grin

MTN has been trying sha... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by enemmo(f): 11:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
beautycrush24:

Thank u

LOL.I followed it and I understand that you didn't use up to 30GB, but 7.5GB they're refunding for you. I saw it, It's just a tip I use to minimize my data further.
Take care

3 Likes

Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by kissoflife: 12:50am On Mar 29, 2017
same goes for Airtel, bunch of rogues. their 5G data plan only lasts a week
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by wabdesigns(m): 12:56am On Mar 29, 2017
For your creative and iconic •Logo •Poster/Flyer •etc
Call or WhatsApp : 08102802908
Very affordable....
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by Dc4life(m): 8:41am On Mar 29, 2017
nurez305:
Not true... something is wrong somewhere..... I'm using their mifi as well and their 2k for 7gb serve me well for at least 3weeks on moderate browsing and downloading.... how come your own is different

To me .,..MTN is bae

2k for 7gb?
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by nurez305(m): 8:43am On Mar 29, 2017
Dc4life:

2k for 7gb?
ofcourse, it is 3.5gb l and you will also be given another 3.5gb bonus making 7gb
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by Dc4life(m): 8:47am On Mar 29, 2017
nurez305:
ofcourse, it is 3.5gb l and you will also be given another 3.5gb bonus making 7gb

Is there a code for that?
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by nurez305(m): 9:31am On Mar 29, 2017
Dc4life:

Is there a code for that?
I think is for selected sim card.... you will be given double data for 6month.... no trick involve
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by Readonee35L(m): 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
beautycrush24:

This windows data counter is %100 inaccurate .
Last month I used 379Gb. But the windows data counter shows only 69Gb.
The only way to know your true usage.
Is by Going to
192.168.8.1 in your web browser while connected to your wifim
Click on Status . If it asks for login
Type admin as the user name and admin as password.
Your true data usage will be revealed.
I'm very sure you're the one using this data mistakingly or some apps use it up.
Because MTN is not known for X2 data deduction .

Screen shot the page I showed you
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by Earth2Metahuman: 12:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
Airtel is the one always double charging me and I have run away from those dubious bastard since

My only problem with mtn is subscribing you to promo you don't even give a shit about.

By the way @jidesm
When are you guys going to re activate 4g service in ibadan?
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by kogbaski99: 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Mtn biggest scammers ever!! Me I just stay cool with my PhonePad 3
Re: MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century by lobell: 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hi beautycrush24, so sorry that this happened. I also work night shift with mtn sometimes. I will appreciate if you can
send me your mobile number via private message to enable me assist. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards gringrin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Powerbank Thread / My Fake Samsung Galaxy S3 (N20k) / Blackberry Solution For Blinking Red Light 100% Working (not BB10 Smartphones)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.