Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

"Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? (3529 Views)

Lady Moves Boyfriend To Tears With Fried Plantain And Eggs (photo) / Man Slaps His Girlfriend For Wanting To Fry Four Eggs For Herself (Pic) / Why Do Some Nigerian Girls Use "Don't Put Your Eggs In One Basket" To Cheat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Ineedinfo(f): 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
Goodday nairalanders...

This advise has been constantly dished out by the relationship experts, especially to the ladies most time due to age not being on our side. what's your view on this euphemistically issued advice?

Here's my thought on this- http://kareninspirational.com/2017/03/23/all-eggs-in-one-…u-for-or-against/
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by michaelwilli(m): 2:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
Seriously against. Do unto others what you want them to do unto you

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by QueenSuccubus(f): 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2017
cheesy

SmellingAnus plz enlighten me with the phrase kiss
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Davash222(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2017
michaelwilli:
Seriously for. Do unto others before they do unto thee.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by michaelwilli(m): 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2017
Davash222:

Bad child. U don't even have fear of God
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Ineedinfo(f): 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
michaelwilli:
what if the relationship hasn't been defined and the girl has been in it for over a year. would you advice her to stay put /breakup or accept other dates?
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by SmellingAnus(m): 6:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
cheesy

SmellingAnus plz enlighten me with the phrase kiss
hahhaah sweetheart, both sides of the coin are good depending on the argument for or against it... In some cases you may choose not to put all your eggs in one basket but Warren Buffet says it's better to put all your eggs in one basket nd watch it... In other words before the eggs get broken, you would have removed it from the basket because you are watching it...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by michaelwilli(m): 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ineedinfo:
what if the relationship hasn't been defined and the girl has been in it for over a year. would you advice her to stay put /breakup or accept other dates?
If e no sweet u again, brk up
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
Davash222:

Lmao... O mehn! You off me!
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Ineedinfo(f): 10:20pm On Mar 28, 2017
michaelwilli:

If e no sweet u again, brk up
Funny...it happens, you know? People do move on from dead end relationship even though they still love their partner. I guess what I'm saying is- these are defensive means to cushion heartbreaks. No one will contemplate moving on or going on other dates if his/her relationship is topnotch solid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Ineedinfo(f): 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
Davash222:

Lol. I take it you believe this advise is a realistic and good approach to relationships? At what point in your relationship would you consider this approach?
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by QueenSuccubus(f): 1:03am On Mar 29, 2017
SmellingAnus:
hahhaah sweetheart, both sides of the coin are good depending on the argument for or against it... In some cases you may choose not to put all your eggs in one basket but Warren Buffet says it's better to put all your eggs in one basket nd watch it... In other words before the eggs get broken, you would have removed it from the basket because you are watching it...

What's the meaning of the eggs OP was talking about? grin

This idiom seems so deep to understand..
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by SmellingAnus(m): 10:50am On Mar 29, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

egg simply means your investment.... It could be your relationship... For example, putting all your eggs in one basket means that you don't have an alternative, you are not double dating, you only have one guy/lover/fuckmate etc grin
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by QueenSuccubus(f): 10:56am On Mar 29, 2017
SmellingAnus:
egg simply means your investment.... It could be your relationship... For example, putting all your eggs in one basket means that you don't have an alternative, you are not double dating, you only have one guy/lover/fuckmate etc grin

grin grin cheesy

Oohh I see... I tot of different meaning wink wink wink no wonder I am confused grin

Tnxxx boo
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by SmellingAnus(m): 10:59am On Mar 29, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

grin grin cheesy

Oohh I see... I tot of different meaning wink wink wink no wonder I am confused grin

Tnxxx boo
ok boo ... Always happy to be there for you anyway I can kiss
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Ineedinfo(f): 11:11am On Mar 29, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

Lol. All eggs in a basket in this context simply means staying with your man/lady whether the relationship is heading somewhere or not. Not putting your eggs in one basket is leaving your options open, especially in an " undefined" (open) relationship.
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by QueenSuccubus(f): 11:15am On Mar 29, 2017
SmellingAnus:
ok boo ... Always happy to be there for you anyway I can kiss

grin grin cheesy

Same here ...ALWAYS wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Ineedinfo(f): 11:19am On Mar 29, 2017
SmellingAnus:
That's an apt explanation. But having occasional dates with potential partners...would that be lumped together as not having one "lover?" Must intimacy be involved while "dating?"
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by SmellingAnus(m): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ineedinfo:
That's an apt explanation. But having occasional dates with potential partners...would that be lumped together as not having one "lover?" Must intimacy be involved while "dating?"
occasional dates with potential partners? You mean someone already in a relationship having occasional dates with potential partners?
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Ineedinfo(f): 2:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
SmellingAnus:
occasional dates with potential partners? You mean someone already in a relationship having occasional dates with potential partners?
Lol. Are you surprised? wow! Haven't you ever heard of a relationship where a guy might boldly tell his partner that he wants an "open" relationship? I believe this mostly happens when one of them is undecided while the other is probably very much in love. In a scenario like this, obviously her feelings isn't being considered nor the guy sensitive. I'd approve a girl in such situations going on dates. It would give her the courage to leave her toxic, time wasting current relationship.

Breakups aren't easy for anyone who has invested more in a relationship, u know? I think at this point leaving her options open is her best option.
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by SmellingAnus(m): 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ineedinfo:
Lol. Are you surprised? wow! Haven't you ever heard of a relationship where a guy might boldly tell his partner that he wants an "open" relationship? I believe this mostly happens when one of them is undecided while the other is probably very much in love. In a scenario like this, obviously her feelings isn't being considered nor the guy sensitive. I'd approve a girl in such situations going on dates. It would give her the courage to leave her toxic, time wasting current relationship.

Breakups aren't easy for anyone who has invested more in a relationship, u know? I think at this point leaving her options open is her best option.
Lol... In am not surprised dear... I perfectly agree with you in this scenario you painted... By the way you sound very intelligent.... It's as if we have communicated with each other before although I know that I have never seen this your moniker prior to our first conversation.... To the matter at hand... In such situations, I will also support the notion that says we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket... My verdict.... It still amount to a certain degree of cheating although leaving the relationship would have been better but like you said earlier that its not easy to break up with someone when you have invested more in the relationship...
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Frolic: 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
It's logical but you gaz be smart and honest while at it. Something like being a good evil like you've said cheesy... It's a complex matrix
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by rosieluv(f): 2:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
l support grin

1 Like

Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Ineedinfo(f): 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
SmellingAnus:
Lol... In am not surprised dear... I perfectly agree with you in this scenario you painted... By the way you sound very intelligent.... It's as if we have communicated with each other before although I know that I have never seen this your moniker prior to our first conversation.... To the matter at hand... In such situations, I will also support the notion that says we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket... My verdict.... It still amount to a certain degree of cheating although leaving the relationship would have been better but like you said earlier that its not easy to break up with someone when you have invested more in the relationship...
Lol. I'm flattered, thank you. However, I'm not sure whether, we 've communicated before or not, maybe not on this moniker. I'm glad you agree with me on the scenario painted over.

The thing is, if one wants to take this approach, see other people. It would be practical and wise to inform the partner before hand. If he was callous enough to "suggest" an open relationship. He shouldn't be bothered by his girl having dates. This might even make their separation easier. Lol.
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Ineedinfo(f): 3:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
cheesy
Frolic:
It's logical but you gaz be smart and honest while at it. Something like being a good evil like you've said cheesy... It's a complex matrix
Thank you! Exactly my point. One needs to be smart about it. Exhibit decorum during this dates...no intimacy. cheesy And be honest upfront with the said partner before making such move. This way, it won't be "cheating".
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Frolic: 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ineedinfo:
:DThank you! Exactly my point. One needs to be smart about it. Exhibit decorum during this dates...no intimacy. cheesy And be honest upfront with the said partner before making such move. This way, it won't be "cheating".
That's it.
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by SmellingAnus(m): 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ineedinfo:
Lol. I'm flattered, thank you. However, I'm not sure whether, we 've communicated before or not, maybe not on this moniker. I'm glad you agree with me on the scenario painted over.

The thing is, if one wants to take this approach, see other people. It would be practical and wise to inform the partner before hand. If he was callous enough to "suggest" an open relationship. He shouldn't be bothered by his girl having dates. This might even make their separation easier. Lol.
hahhaha I dont think you really have to inform him, except he finds out or ask about what you have been up to lately with the opposite sex.... By the way, yes you sound very intelligent and I enjoyed this conversation, will like to know about you and your alternate, I don't mind having you on bbm if you don't as well... But happy to come across you...
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Ineedinfo(f): 4:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
SmellingAnus:
hahhaha I dont think you really have to inform him, except he finds out or ask about what you have been up to lately with the opposite sex.... By the way, yes you sound very intelligent and I enjoyed this conversation, will like to know about you and your alternate, I don't mind having you on bbm if you don't as well... But happy to come across you...
Aww...thanks. Well, I enjoyed the conversation too. Lol! I said to tell the partner so as to eliminate terming it "cheating." If he knows what's about to happen and wasn't bothered, then it won't be used against the lady. A man that still wants his woman, would define "things" at this stage at least. That will determine what she does next.
Uhm... can't even remember my bbm, I hardly ever use it... Thanks though for asking.
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by SmellingAnus(m): 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ineedinfo:
Aww...thanks. Well, I enjoyed the conversation too. Lol! I said to tell the partner so as to eliminate terming it "cheating." If he knows what's about to happen and wasn't bothered, then it won't be used against the lady. A man that still wants his woman, would define "things" at this stage at least. That will determine what she does next.
Uhm... can't even remember my bbm, I hardly ever use it... Thanks though for asking.
I get you... Seems it's an open relationship, both parties are free to act as they deem fit even if it means withholding information... No p dear.... At least I enjoyed the conversation.... We may bump into each other another time, it's just that I am poor at remembering monikers but not the conversation grin
Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
I'm against because at some point it means you're going to have to pretend to at least give an impression of genuine interest. I can't do that. If I don't like you, I don't waste my time on you. Period. So it doesn't matter what those experts say, I do what I want, guided by my own moral compass.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
Funny the same girls who advocate for this will cry foul when the man adopts a similar ideaology

1 Like

Re: "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? by Ineedinfo(f): 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
SmellingAnus:
I get you... Seems it's an open relationship, both parties are free to act as they deem fit even if it means withholding information... No p dear.... At least I enjoyed the conversation.... We may bump into each other another time, it's just that I am poor at remembering monikers but not the conversation grin
Lol. who knows? Me too...you totally understood my view on this. This situations only comes out of bad situations.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Saw A Shooting Star and my wish come to pass / This Spaghetti � Cost 2000 To Buy Around Golf Of Guinea (pic) / Lady Reveals How A Male Nurse Raped A Woman While in Coma, Impregnates Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.