Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? (33513 Views)

Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by TrumporIdie: 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
Men hardly marry more than one wife nowadays? could it be westernization or modernization?
Men refuse to marry more than one wife but cheat on their wives with one or more women outside the home, why is this so? isnt it better to bring in the woman you are sleeping with into the house as a 2nd wife? why not legalize the deal and take that woman off the market by making her Mrs., instead of widening her vagina all in the name of relationship and later on abandoning her?

Today we have ladies in their 30s roaming the streets in search of husbands, any man who says hi to them, they see as a potential husband, guys, you have a duty to take these ladies off the streets, not just to the sheets.

Make it legal today, make your concubine your wife to prevent future curses on your life and generation.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Alert(f): 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
Christianity happened undecided

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by delishpot: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
And who told you men with multiple wives dont cheat? Sleeping around is a product of immorality not tied to the number of wives a man marries. Ask thos Alhajis and Aristos who carry girls up and down even tho they have more than 1 wife at home.
There are obligations one has toward his wife/wives which a man who is is a skirt chaser wants to avoid by having sex with random women who he can chose to drop anyrime he wants without much drama.

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by TrumporIdie: 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
Alert:
if they are genuine christians they will not keep lovers

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by yomi007k(m): 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
grin

No money to even marry one- u dey say 2 or 3.

Alakoba

235 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by psucc(m): 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
Alert:
Guy Christianity apart, any man that can manage a woman for one full week without a sigh, is the ideal Christian.

In fact the more women you marry, the more your days are numbered.

After the creation of man on the 6th day, God rested from his works on the 7th day but since the creation of woman, neither God nor His creation rested.

Fear them that you may live.

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by QueenSuccubus(f): 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
grin

A lot of men juz wanna nibble all kinds of HU_HA they can pick up from the street, bars, parks even in the church but doesn't mean they wanna commit themselves in a serious relationship...and the worse thing is, a lot of these young men are admiring superstars & follow their footsteps of have baby mamas in every state but they can't afford to pay a child support angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Fundamentalist: 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
psucc:
Guy Christianity apart, any man that can manage a woman for one full week without a sigh, is the ideal Christian.

In fact the more women you marry, the more your days are numbered.

After the creation of man on the 6th day, God rested from his works on the 7th day but since the creation of woman, neither God nor His creation rested.

Fear them that you may live.

Rubbish write up

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Mrmoz(m): 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2017
Alert:

No dear that is not the case this generation now see women and as an object for sexual satisfaction a means to an end and no more respect or commitment they don't want the responsibility but wants the enjoyment and to some extent the women too are not helping matters most of them don't kwn their worth so the sell it for a price without kwning how priceless and unique the are in short the world is only becoming more worldly not that I support more than one wife but itz better she is your wife than she is not

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by TrumporIdie: 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
grin

A lot of men juz wanna nibble all kinds of HU_HA they can pick up from the street, bars, parks even in the church but doesn't mean they wanna commit themselves in a serious relationship...and the worse thing a lot of these young men are admiring superstars & follow their footsteps of have baby mamas in every state but they can't afford to pay a child support angry
nice one.

whats the meaning of the logo on your dp?
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by TrumporIdie: 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

No money to even marry one- u dey say 2 or 3.

Alakoba
meaning poverty is the cause, hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Homeboiy: 3:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ah dont know
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by SirVintageCock: 4:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
With minimum wage at 18,000 naira?

Poverty!

Poverty!!

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by yomi007k(m): 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
TrumporIdie:
meaning poverty is the cause, hmmmm

Exactly, u can start wt a poverty alleviation program

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Dojupyo(f): 5:28pm On Mar 28, 2017
Westernization, Modernization, economic recession o, all join.. Christianity is the best thing that happened to me

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by seyigiggle: 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
Dojupyo:
Westernization, Modernization, economic recession o, all join.. Christianity is the best thing that happened to me

yes it is. you don't have to share your husband as in Islam.

15 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by QueenSuccubus(f): 12:34am On Mar 29, 2017
TrumporIdie:
nice one.

whats the meaning of the logo on your dp?

That's the Coat of Arms of the PLURIMI ... grin

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by TrumporIdie: 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

That's the Coat of Arms of the PLURIMI ... grin
why did you colour plurimi and what does that shit mean?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by AreaFada2: 6:30am On Apr 10, 2017
Good question. OBJ said men should marry more wives since there is oversupply of ladies.

Westernisation: we now copy Western ways.

Cost of living: Most cannot afford it.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by baby124: 7:52am On Apr 10, 2017
AreaFada2:
Good question. OBJ said men should marry more wives since there is oversupply of ladies.

Westernisation: we now copy Western ways.

Cost of living: Most cannot afford it.
See how OBJ's kids turned out. No love or unity. Just stay faithful and focus on providing your kids with a happy and stable home. When OBJ dies it will be nasty. All that is not worth it. Life is cheaper, easier and more enjoyable when you have peace of mind and respect of your family.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by AreaFada2: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2017
baby124:

See how OBJ's kids turned out. No love or unity. Just stay faithful and focus on providing your kids with a happy and stable home. When OBJ dies it will be nasty. All that is not worth it. Life is cheaper, easier and more enjoyable when you have peace of mind and respect of your family.

That is very subjective. There are also nuclear monogamous families with three or four kids. They still fight dirty when their rich patriarch kicks the bucket.

Most 9ja families are basically dysfunctional. Monogamous or polygamous. Looking back at what I saw around me growing up. Including homes of profs with foreign wives then. Although most people got used to it that way and never consider own family as dysfunctional. Only that OBJ is a public figure and we got to know.

Cheaper yes, easier it depends, enjoyable not so straightforward.

I see a lot of hypocrisy in our system. The vast majority of men: civil servants, pastors, Imams, soldiers, bankers, doctors, lawyers, mechanics, bus drivers and all have one or several girlfriends/concubines outside.

Were our ancestors who did the honourable thing by marrying the women not far more honest?

Who will marry the excess women in the system if all men just marry one?

The multiple gfs/concubines system is masking or at least temporarily solving potential social problems. Because if not, many women would be economically & amorously far worse off.

For the record, my granddad was monogamous, my dad too. So I'm not here defending family tradition or my own lifestyle.

Just because we might prefer one lifestyle doesn't mean we should prescribe that as the absolute best.

How would you address the matter of millions of women that would have no man if all men stuck to one woman only? Go to sperm bank for a baby? Buy a robot lover? Turn lesbian? shocked shocked

It is like telling female students to stop multiple dating/aristos, without govt bursary or adequate student package provided by state or FG.
Desirable as might be, it just won't work because there are too many poor people and a few greedy ones. Many will simply not complete their studies. Period.

We must consider these things first.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by bukatyne(f): 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
AreaFada2:

That is very subjective. There are also nuclear monogamous families with three or four kids. They still fight dirty when their rich patriarch kicks the bucket.

Most 9ja families are basically dysfunctional. Monogamous or polygamous. Looking back at what I saw around me growing up. Including homes of profs with foreign wives then. Although most people got used to it that way and never consider own family as dysfunctional. Only that OBJ is a public figure and we got to know.

I see a lot of hypocrisy in our system. The vast majority of men: civil servants, pastors, Imams, soldiers, bankers, doctors, lawyers, mechanics, bus drivers and all have one or several girlfriends/concubines outside.

Were our ancestors who did the honourable thing by marrying the women not far more honest?

The multiple gfs/concubines system is masking or at least temporarily solving potential social problems. Because if not, many women would be economically & amorously far worse off.

For the record, my granddad was monogamous, my dad too. So I'm not here defending family tradition or my own lifestyle.

Just because we might prefer one lifestyle doesn't mean we should prescribe that as the absolute best.

How would you address the matter of millions of women that would have no man if all men stuck to one woman only? Go to sperm bank for a baby? Buy a robot lover? Turn lesbian? shocked shocked

It is like telling female students to stop multiple dating/aristos, without govt bursary or adequate student package provided by state or FG.
Desirable as might be, it just won't work because there are too many poor people and a few greedy ones. Many will simply not complete their studies. Period.

God designed one man to marry one woman.

The population of men/women in the whole world is balanced enough to ensure everyone who desires marriage is paired off.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Fundamentalist: 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2017
bukatyne:

The population of men/women in the whole world is balanced enough to ensure everyone who desires marriage is paired off.

Big lie.

If true , give me the biblical verse that supports it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by AreaFada2: 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
bukatyne:

What of those who do not believe in same God you believe in?

Look around you. Do you not see more young widows than young widowers?

In war, which gender die the most? Men.

I'm not basing my submission on what you think God intended. That is your personal belief. Around 60% of world population (India, China & a larger number of Western population do not believe your God theory).

I am talking based on scientific reality of today.

There is higher population of women than men. Partly due to XY chromosome whereby X-linked diseases male inherit from mother cannot be corrected by another X chromosome like females can do. Miscarriage of male pregnancy is higher & child mortality of males is higher too. Then in adulthood war, hazardous jobs, riskier lifestyle like smoking/drinking, traffic accidents and more all reduce male population well below female's. This is a scientific fact seen around us.

We're very far from Eden where it was just Adam & Eve, driven out long ago to face all kinds of hazards. grin cheesy

In Africa, modern pentecostalism blinds us to what is under our nose korokoro. Even those who would claim to be educated. shocked shocked

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by baby124: 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
AreaFada2:

Don't worry about the women who don't have men to satisfy them. Worry about your future. Polygamous men never have an enduring legacy. Their wealth and hardwork dies with them because of strife, competition and hatred. With one woman, life is much more manageable. Baba for the girls... wehdone. Besides, if you go on the pregnancy thread, you will notice that women give birth to boy children more than girls. So from that observation alone it can be concluded that the lie that women are more than men in this world is an excuse for depraved behavior. Those men of old days who married so many women died alone... most of them. Because they were unable to give anyone of their kids the love and attention to even get to know them and care for them enough for the kids to reciprocate that love in their old age.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by baby124: 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
AreaFada2:

I'm not basing my submission on what you think God intended. That is your personal belief. Around 60% of world population (India, China & a larger number of Western population do not believe your God theory).

There is higher population of women than men. Psartly due to XY chromosome whereby X-linked diseases male inherit from mother cannot be corrected by another X chromosome like females can do. Miscarriage of male pregnancy is higher & child mortality of males is higher too. Then in adulthood war, hazardous jobs, riskier lifestyle like smoking/drinking, traffic accidents and more all reduce male population well below female's. This is a scientific fact seen around us.

We're very far from Eden where it was just Adam & Eve, driven out long ago to face all kinds of hazards. grin cheesy

In Africa, modern pentecostalism blinds us to what is under our nose korokoro. Even those who would claim to be educate. shocked shocked
Terrible, unproven conclusions. LMAO at women miscarry more male pregnancy's. My goodness, this is a desperate attempt to justify your point and you know it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
AreaFada2:

There is higher population of women than men. Psartly due to XY chromosome whereby X-linked diseases male inherit from mother cannot be corrected by another X chromosome like females can do. Miscarriage of male pregnancy is higher & child mortality of males is higher too. Then in adulthood war, hazardous jobs, riskier lifestyle like smoking/drinking, traffic accidents and more all reduce male population well below female's. This is a scientific fact seen around us.

In Africa, modern pentecostalism blinds us to what is under our nose korokoro. Even those who would claim to be educate. shocked shocked

forget all of these human logics & sense. do your own part & allow the Creator do His job. all of these problems are the end products of man disobedience of God's law. sadly we have not even seen the worst yet.

according to the Bible, at the end of times, husband will be scarce & women will resort to attach themselves to any man just to answer his name as a wife not for sex or child bearing again.
If you are given an opportunity to keep sleeping with 1% of women or girls on earth, I'm sure you know that runs into some millions. How many you go fit lick for bag of salt?

look whether people believe it or not if there is an Almighty God exist I don't give a worry for that. Life is a choice even God demonstrated this by saying I present to you life & death.

The only end time prophecy in the Bible yet to be fulfilled is rapture to usher in the 3.6 years of the anti christ rule. only microsopic humans of 21 century can say they have not hear the message of Jesus. No excuse for any of us alive today. The WORD keep penetrating the earth every seconds including Muslim nation via 21st century technology. the rest will be saved after 1000 years rule of Jesus on earth (those that came before us that didn't know Jesus & some kinds of people today)

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by AreaFada2: 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2017
baby124:

Terrible, unproven conclusions. LMAO at women miscarry more male pregnancy's. My goodness, this is a desperate attempt to justify your point and you know it.

This is medicine, not speculation.

You think everyone on NL just talks anyhow? Some people here on NL actually do cutting-edge stuff.

So you have no idea people actually research into this? Yes people do. The new developments and progress we have to rely on the West to do, do not come by way of miracle, but sheer hard work & dedication. Over decades.

Miscarriages happen mostly because as the foetus develops, defects in vital organs (brain, heart, kidneys, etc) make it incompatible with life. The defects can have various causes like teratogenic medication, chemical exposure, radiation exposure, drug abuse/addiction, etc.

But the main cause is genetic defects which happens to affect more male foetuses. This is what researchers have found by taking & analysing DNA samples from left over of the foetuses for genetic defects linked to gender.

No wonder we Africans are so much in the dark.

It certainly won't make any sense to you. Because using education to enlighten oneself about scientific advancement is hardly the way of many of us Africans. We rather seek miracles instead.

Check census figures for countries and see the breakdown by gender. In light of comments that followed this piece since it was posted 6 days ago, breakdown by gender includes the age ranges (especially one in which reproductive age is covered at 15 to 64).

Anyway, I am not writing to convince you. I'm writing for those scientifically minded/progressive people silently reading here. Those that would actually go and find out about what I have mentioned here.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by AreaFada2: 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2017
eee777:

forget all of these human logics & sense. do your own part & allow the Creator do His job. all of these problems are the end products of man disobedience of God's law. sadly we have not even seen the worst yet.

according to the Bible, at the end of times, husband will be scarce & women will resort to attach themselves to any man just to answer his name as a wife not for sex or child bearing again.
If you are given an opportunity to keep sleeping with 1% of women or girls on earth, I'm sure you know that runs into some millions. How many you go fit lick for bag of salt?

look whether people believe it or not if there is an Almighty God exist I don't give a worry for that. Life is a choice even God demonstrated this by saying I present to you life & death.

The only end time prophecy in the Bible yet to be fulfilled is rapture to usher in the 3.6 years of the anti christ rule. only microsopic humans of 21 century can say they have not hear the message of Jesus. No excuse for any of us alive today. The WORD keep penetrating the earth every seconds including Muslim nation via 21st century technology. the rest will be saved after 1000 years rule of Jesus on earth (those that came before us that didn't know Jesus & some kinds of people today)
Hahahahaha.

Like a typical African, we quote God, God, God.

Look, God gave us everything we need to excel and help ourselves . Heaven helps those who help themselves.

Does it not surprise you that in a country full of pastors, Imams, deacons, deaconneses, JPs, Alhajis, our president has to go to UK to treat anaemia? A place that puts logic, science & research first, and consider religion a private thing? grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I have no doubt that given a chance you would prefer to be treated by Western medics if seriously ill. Those foreign may not even believe in God than compared local medics that may even double as pastors or deacons. cheesy

It is because we have used religion to abdicate our duties.

33 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores / "How My Friend Tried To Destroy My Matrimonial Home" - Woman Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.