Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? (17334 Views)

Minimum Wage: How Much Was Added To Your Salary In December 2019? / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / 7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Taiwo20(m): 11:25am On Apr 11, 2018
ha! na strong thing you ask.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by DonVikings: 11:27am On Apr 11, 2018
sekundosekundo:

#30k BMC salary × 2 = #60k.

This must be face me I slap you cheesy
I man telling you. I earn very small. grin

Oya, tell us your own. How much do NKPIGS earn aS salary? grin grin Are you under the 10000, 25000 or the TOP OFFICERS 30000 category? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by ENGBOS(m): 11:28am On Apr 11, 2018
Mine is 2 weeks
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 11, 2018
Most people in Abuja are basically working door their landlord.

1 Like

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:29am On Apr 11, 2018
8.98% of my annual net fixed take home pays for my annual house rent.

And that's cos am still a bachelor.

2 Likes

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by biggie73(m): 11:29am On Apr 11, 2018
10%. A 2 - bedroom with 2 restrooms
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by biggie73(m): 11:30am On Apr 11, 2018
Cutejaelyn:
PLEASE WHO HAS A USA LOCAL BANK ACCOUNT HERE? PM
..why asking?
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by lonelydora: 11:30am On Apr 11, 2018
ikaboy:
Most house rents are finance by tips, runs and fraudulent practices in work place. As a supplier i know what I see with workers especially admin /procurement people. Those guys cannot make heaven.

Don't they have Compliant department?
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:36am On Apr 11, 2018
Niyinficient:
i cant even say it

About 4 month's pay o
that's too much.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Mac2016(m): 11:37am On Apr 11, 2018
75% of it caters my rent.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Psoul(m): 11:40am On Apr 11, 2018
dman4mdmoon:
Annual or monthly? Gross or net ? You have to be explicit.

The question is very clear and straight to the point unless u are finding it difficult to understand.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Lastanza: 11:42am On Apr 11, 2018
Ephort:

Is it not better to use percentage of the income left after removing all recurrent expenses like feeding, transport, home running, etc. This is because you pay your rent from what is left after those expenses. Some people's rent could be 10% of their salary and 70% of their take-home after the above is factored.

Yeah, we are still saying the same thing. The question now is that which is left after all those expenses have been factored out is what percent of ur salary or income.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Cutejaelyn(f): 11:43am On Apr 11, 2018
KiziitoKennel:

i have an account.contact me via whatapps .if you need my contact let me know
send me ur WhatsApp no
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Psoul(m): 11:47am On Apr 11, 2018
edeXede:
embarassed

300%
Op your question is ambiguous

Is it monthly pay or yearly pay.

If the former, I assure you 80% of Nigerians monthly salary wont pay their annual rent, if it could then that person is senseless to still be a tenant.

But is it the later, reconstruct please

I see no ambiguity in the question.
The question is what percentage of ur salary can pay ur annual house rent.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by somehow: 11:48am On Apr 11, 2018
That means if your salary is #30k, u have no business renting a 2 room self, rent a one room, live within your means.

If your household salary (husband and wife ) is #150k monthly, (90k, 60k), you have no reason living in a rented duplex in the city, you should be in a 2-3bdr flat that is around #250-300k annual rent.
sekundosekundo:

If we plan well, we will stress less.

#30k BMC salary × 2 = #60k.

This must be face me I slap you cheesy

1 Like

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Divay22(f): 11:48am On Apr 11, 2018
marvin906:
i dont pay a dime
Still living with mummy grin grin grin grin
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by marvin906(m): 11:51am On Apr 11, 2018
Divay22:

Still living with mummy grin grin grin grin

no...
just flexing one of the things they did for their kids
so no need spending on housing grin grin
i can just sit,relax and complete my own projects
without fear of house rent

1 Like

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by DonVikings: 11:58am On Apr 11, 2018
Sekundosekundo, I am waiting for u. You said I earn only 30k as "BMC" member after I said I spend two months salary on rent and that I live in "face me I slap you ".

I AGREED.

Now, I have asked you how much you earn as an NKPIG or BSS member and attached screenshot of their salary scale where the TOP OFFICERS earn 30,000 monthly and tell us what kind of house you live in. Since then you have not responded. grin grin
You people always want to put someone down even when they are minding their business meanwhile you people have a million ways you can be put down. grin grin

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Divay22(f): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2018
marvin906:

no...
just flexing one of the things they did for their kids
so no need spending on housing grin grin
i can just sit,relax and complete my own projects
without fear of house rent
Lol
Nothing beats that abeg.
Knowing whatever cash that comes is for other things..

But that shouldn't make you lazy though , you gat work ,so that your kids can also say same thing..

1 Like

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by stormborn28(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2018
ikaboy:
Most house rents are finance by tips, runs and fraudulent practices in work place. As a supplier i know what I see with workers especially admin /procurement people. Those guys cannot make heaven.
heheheheheeee

1 Like

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Olumyyde(m): 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2018
Akumjum:
No time for salary job. Strictly business and hustle thingz.
we do salary jobs and still hustle wella, if GOD bless you enough to have both, why not?
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by marvin906(m): 12:06pm On Apr 11, 2018
Divay22:

Lol
Nothing beats that abeg.
Knowing whatever cash that comes is for other things..

But that shouldn't make you lazy though , you gat work ,so that your kids can also say same thing..

hahahhah
no am not lazy
just referring to the fact that i dont have to kill myself with house rent issues and some other
my income is diverted into other things
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Divay22(f): 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2018
marvin906:

hahahhah
no am not lazy
just referring to the fact that i dont have to kill myself with house rent issues and some other
my income is diverted into other things
Nice one.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by sekundosekundo: 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2018
DonVikings:
Sekundosekundo, I am waiting for u. You said I earn only 30k as "BMC" member after I said I spend two months salary on rent and that I live in "face me I slap you ".

I AGREED.

Now, I have asked you how much you earn as an NKPIG or BSS member and attached screenshot of their salary scale where the TOP OFFICERS earn 30,000 monthly and tell us what kind of house you live in. Since then you have not responded. grin grin
You people always want to put someone down even when they are minding their business meanwhile you people have a million ways you can be put down. grin grin

Lol, omenkalives na so the thing pain you reach?

Tell them to increase your salary naa.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by san316(m): 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
Mine is 12% of my annual salary. Still too much. I want to build my own house
. Even though it is a room and parlour
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Millz404(m): 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
Cutejaelyn:
PLEASE WHO HAS A USA LOCAL BANK ACCOUNT HERE? PM
I do... Why?
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by dman4mdmoon(m): 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
Psoul:

The question is very clear and straight to the point unless u are finding it difficult to understand.

That is how some of you fail rather than calm down and learn. I am sure the person that posted the question understands what I mean.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Lastanza: 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
Olumyyde:

we do salary jobs and still hustle wella, if GOD bless you enough to have both, why not?

And eve a self employed fellow should also know the percentage of his income dat pays his rent. So he still fits into the question.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by KiziitoKennel(m): 12:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Cutejaelyn:
send me ur WhatsApp no
0 9 0 five ten nine seven 300
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by 2kurupt(m): 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
If you work in a metropolitan area like most parts of Lagos, Rivers, Abuja, etc then its almost unrealistic to use just a month's or 2 months pay to fund your annual rent considering the average salary of the Nigerian worker, no matter how frugal you're.

Unless you're willing to convert the saved money on costly transportation, fear of insecurity, traffic stress, infrastructural deficit etc the list goes on.

In as much as one is not advised to live above his/her means or be "working for the landlord", wisdom they say is profitable to direct.

6 Likes

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by DonVikings: 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2018
sekundosekundo:

Lol, omenkalives na so the thing pain you reach?

Tell them to increase your salary naa.
Evans, how much do you earn as an NKPIG? Why are you shy to tell us? Or are you in the 10k category? cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? / She Sacked Me because Am A Lesbian / Realities Of Retirement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.