Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? (17315 Views)

Minimum Wage: How Much Was Added To Your Salary In December 2019? / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / 7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:12am On Apr 12, 2018
deathwing:
Hello guys,

I'd like to know what percentage of your salary is used to finance your annual rent. Is the accommodation standard to your liking?

I know its not a one-size-fits-all thing, but I'd like to get the generally feeling on this issue.

Thanks!
I did some research on this a few years back after reading a foreign article. By and by, I believe your rental expenses should not be more than 2 months salary (net of all taxes o). Else, u will become a slave to your rent.

2 Likes

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Surefire1: 9:23am On Apr 12, 2018
Well what i know is that divide your total rent for the year by nos of months and set aside the side amount monthly.
But the best is to have multiple stream of incomes as landlords are not smiling and most envy their tenant progress made.
deathwing:
Hello guys,

I'd like to know what percentage of your salary is used to finance your annual rent. Is the accommodation standard to your liking?

I know its not a one-size-fits-all thing, but I'd like to get the generally feeling on this issue.

Thanks!
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by beeyourduhn(m): 10:40am On Apr 12, 2018
Want to launch a World-class career?*

THE REFINERY, Nigeria's Topmost Career Development Program prepares you for any global 21st Century workplace!
Learn soft & technical skills required for HR, Investment Bank, Accounting & Audit, Consulting and other Business careers and get interviewed for a slot to intern in top Investment banks in London, Canada and US this summer.
To apply visit http://tlt.mn/theref
To apply for a Career coach today visit http://tlt.mn/ccentre
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by leslieraker: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2018
Yes! We can work together to make ur OCCASION a MEMORABLE one;

Reach us foe an outstanding VIDEO COVERAGE and ONLINE / LIVE SOCIAL MEDIA VIDEO STREAMING.

For booking / details pls call 08033068423, 08092455823

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by MrHighSea: 11:29am On Sep 17, 2019
Manhood85:
Salary per month 150k, rent per year 150k = 100%
Go n marr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Realities Of Retirement. / What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? / She Sacked Me because Am A Lesbian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.