Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Keystone Bank Names Transition Board - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Keystone Bank Names Transition Board (8575 Views)

Keystone Bank Introduces ‘Cheque Deposit’ In Mobile App In Nigeria / AMCON Hands Over Keystone Bank To New Investors / Finally, AMCON Sells Keystone Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by Trending01: 5:36am On Mar 29, 2017
Following its sale to new investors, Keystone Bank on Tuesday announced the appointment of Alhaji Umaru H. Modibbo and Mr. Hafiz Bakare as board Chairman and acting Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer respectively.
The lender also announced the appointments of Mrs. Yvonne Isichei as Executive Director as well as Mrs. Titilayo Tairat Adebiyi and Mr. Bulus Bunken Dan-Habu- as Non-Executive Directors.

A statement from the lender’s Head, Corporate Communications, Omobolanle Osotule, said the new board is a transitional governance arrangement, which follows: “the successful conclusion of the divestment of Keystone Bank Limited by the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON), which culminated in the Completion Meeting of 23 March 2017 and the formal handover of the bank to the Sigma Golf-Riverbank Consortium (the Consortium).”

According to the statement: “The transitional governance arrangement, which will take effect from the 1st of April 2017 is subject to approval by the Central Bank of Nigeria. By the 31st of March 2017, the current board of the bank (including the MD/CEO, Mr. Philip Ikeazor) would have fully disengaged, except for Mr. Bakare and Mrs. Isichei, who will continue as part of the transitional governance board.”

Modibbo started his working career as a Commercial Officer in the then Gongola State Civil Service, and would later join the Gongola State Investment Company Limited where he rose to the rank of Senior Investment Executive.

A 1983 graduate of Business Administration from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Alhaji Modibbo qualified as a Chartered Stockbroker in 1991 and was elected to the Council of The Nigerian Stock Exchange from 1993 to 1996. He is currently a member of the Investors Protection Fund (IPF) of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

He founded Sigma Pensions Limited, and served as its Managing Director/Chief Executive from 1st February 2011 to 31st October 2016.

Hafiz Bakare is currently the Executive Director, Corporate Bank & Treasury at Keystone Bank Limited also overseeing the Lagos & West Directorate. Before his appointment to the Board of Keystone Bank in July 2014, he was running a management consulting and capacity development firm he founded with the objective of assisting organisations across different sectors to deliver sustainable value in an increasingly challenging and dynamic environment.

READ MORE: http://theicon.ng/2017/03/29/%E2%80%8Bkeystone-bank-names-transition-board/
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by crunchyg: 7:38am On Mar 29, 2017
Who dem epp

1 Like

Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by penzino(m): 7:38am On Mar 29, 2017
cool, but they better not sack their staffs sha, cos it won't be good at all.
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by IMASTEX: 7:38am On Mar 29, 2017
Okay, nice move
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by Benjom(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
It's good that their customers' funds are still safe. Gone are those days when once a bank shots down or starts experiencing unnecessary financial brouhaha, the customers suffer by losing their money. Well, I hope I didn't mention Savannah Bank o.

1 Like

Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by bobomartin(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by jazinogold(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
h
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by eduevolutionnow(m): 7:40am On Mar 29, 2017
All the best to them.
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by Tisham20(m): 7:44am On Mar 29, 2017
owk
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by eluquenson(m): 7:56am On Mar 29, 2017
Transition all the time
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by opalu: 8:10am On Mar 29, 2017
Good step
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by ExpiredNigeria: 8:19am On Mar 29, 2017
h
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by EmmaLege: 8:37am On Mar 29, 2017
Na dem know
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by babacares: 8:45am On Mar 29, 2017
Trending01:
Following its sale to new investors, Keystone Bank on Tuesday announced the appointment of Alhaji Umaru H. Modibbo and Mr. Hafiz Bakare as board Chairman and acting Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer respectively.
The lender also announced the appointments of Mrs. Yvonne Isichei as Executive Director as well as Mrs. Titilayo Tairat Adebiyi and Mr. Bulus Bunken Dan-Habu- as Non-Executive Directors.

A statement from the lender’s Head, Corporate Communications, Omobolanle Osotule, said the new board is a transitional governance arrangement, which follows: “the successful conclusion of the divestment of Keystone Bank Limited by the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON), which culminated in the Completion Meeting of 23 March 2017 and the formal handover of the bank to the Sigma Golf-Riverbank Consortium (the Consortium).”

According to the statement: “The transitional governance arrangement, which will take effect from the 1st of April 2017 is subject to approval by the Central Bank of Nigeria. By the 31st of March 2017, the current board of the bank (including the MD/CEO, Mr. Philip Ikeazor) would have fully disengaged, except for Mr. Bakare and Mrs. Isichei, who will continue as part of the transitional governance board.”

Modibbo started his working career as a Commercial Officer in the then Gongola State Civil Service, and would later join the Gongola State Investment Company Limited where he rose to the rank of Senior Investment Executive.

A 1983 graduate of Business Administration from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Alhaji Modibbo qualified as a Chartered Stockbroker in 1991 and was elected to the Council of The Nigerian Stock Exchange from 1993 to 1996. He is currently a member of the Investors Protection Fund (IPF) of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

He founded Sigma Pensions Limited, and served as its Managing Director/Chief Executive from 1st February 2011 to 31st October 2016.

Hafiz Bakare is currently the Executive Director, Corporate Bank & Treasury at Keystone Bank Limited also overseeing the Lagos & West Directorate. Before his appointment to the Board of Keystone Bank in July 2014, he was running a management consulting and capacity development firm he founded with the objective of assisting organisations across different sectors to deliver sustainable value in an increasingly challenging and dynamic environment.

READ MORE: http://theicon.ng/2017/03/29/%E2%80%8Bkeystone-bank-names-transition-board/

Alh Modibbo was my boss, i liked the man, he is such an intelligent and humble man. Congrats to him
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by opribo(m): 8:57am On Mar 29, 2017
After all the drama, after all said and done the bank now belongs to the north as earlier planned.
The South needs to wake up from slumber.

1 Like

Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by Earth2Metahuman: 9:05am On Mar 29, 2017
Is that why they have been deducting my money like maniacs?
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 29, 2017
opribo:
After all the drama, after all said and done the bank now belongs to the north as earlier planned.
The South needs to wake up from slumber.

why are you allowing fear and hatred for the north to consume you?, shame.
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by 9too1: 9:23am On Mar 29, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
Is that why they have been deducting my money like maniacs?
they have being debiting my money recently. unlike them.
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by adeoba2008(m): 9:32am On Mar 29, 2017
They should not change the name abeg.
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by opribo(m): 11:08am On Mar 29, 2017
sulesadat:

why are you allowing fear and hatred for the north to consume you?, shame.

How dare you say such, how can you say im afraid of the North. For too long my people have been fooled by people who have nothing and know nothing. They use the state machinery to intimidate and coerce my people. Just see the long parole taken all just to arrive at the same old game plan of taken back what have been sold.

I'm not surprised though because I know all they just want is to take ownership, the business of banking they know nothing at last they will run it like the old Habib.

Look at the ramshackle ill equipped care taker management that couldn't even make the bank profitable. It's a pity indeed. SMH
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by Kingston6: 11:41am On Mar 29, 2017
[quote author=9too1 post=55058121]they have being debiting my money recently. unlike them.[/quote.

They did dsame to u this mrning nd dis z nt d first.
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by Kingston6: 11:42am On Mar 29, 2017
So this z why they v been deducting my money
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
opribo:

How dare you say such, how can you say im afraid of the North. For too long my people have been fooled by people who have nothing and know nothing. They use the state machinery to intimidate and coerce my people. Just see the long parole taken all just to arrive at the same old game plan of taken back what have been sold.

I'm not surprised though because I know all they just want is to take ownership, the business of banking they know nothing at last they will run it like the old Habib.

Look at the ramshackle ill equipped care taker management that couldn't even make the bank profitable. It's a pity indeed. SMH

so its not a problem if southerners own banks but its a very big problem if northerners own one?, pls change ur orientation about the north, for record purpose , pls who own UBA,ZENITH,FIDELITY,DIAMOND, etc?, all northerners abi?
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by opribo(m): 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
sulesadat:

so its not a problem if southerners own banks but its a very big problem if northerners own one?, pls change ur orientation about the north, for record purpose , pls who own UBA,ZENITH,FIDELITY,DIAMOND, etc?, all northerners abi?

The issue here is not who owns a bank but the shenanigans involved just to own a bank they know they can't manage well.

Just take look at all the banks they ever owned or managed. They failed or at the verge of failing. Why?
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
opribo:

The issue here is not who owns a bank but the shenanigans involved just to own a bank they know they can't manage well.

Just take look at all the banks they ever owned or managed. They failed or at the verge of failing. Why?

the big issue here please my brother this is a none issue besides you and i know that ur criticism of the north is born out of sentiment except u wanna lie to ur self.
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by 9too1: 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
[quote author=Kingston6 post=55062277][/quote]yesterday was the fifth time the deducted my money without engaging in any transaction, in the space of three weeks.
Re: Keystone Bank Names Transition Board by Kingston6: 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
9too1:
yesterday was the fifth time the deducted my money without engaging in any transaction, in the space of three weeks.

Dsame tin here i asked their worker dat lives same place wt me no valueable ans

(1) (Reply)

CBN, Banks Set August 1 To Publish Serial Debtors’ List / $46.7b Foreign Reserves Keep Naira Stable / Banks To Start Zero ATM Charges On Dec 17.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.