Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession (23348 Views)

2023: Why North Will Give Amaechi Ticket To Settle Igbo Agitation / The Prophesy Of NOSTRADAM Concerning BIAFRA / My Solemn Quoted Messages To FG Concerning Biafra:unity Is Not Uniformity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
iSlayer2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnF3AyasWgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYzyngJHyv0&itct=CA8QpDAYACITCPyVw5KN_NICFUmxVQodV3IKKTIGcmVsbWZ1SIW0sbWy4N24ggE%3D&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google

There are some links remaining.

I would very much want to see one where URHOBO-ISOKO people participated.

Many of these people you see here are Igbos or Igbo halflings.

In any case, let us even assume that they are Rivers and Akwa Ibom people as the videos portends, does that change the facts of the matter and the issues I have raised?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 5:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
ManMountain:

Ipob does not represent any political pressure group in the SS, please stop this your unnecessary distractions, focus on your area of strength, that is the core igbos speaking states.

Are you denying that IPOB has members from the SS non-Igbo tribes? What about the Lower Niger Congress?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ManMountain(m): 5:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

I don't want any of you guys to join our country as I feel that that would inhibit us from being successful I just acknowledge that some people from those ethnicities do want to join us and some want to have their own country so they deserve to have their say in a referendum. I believe that these people should be given three choices in the referendum: join the Igbos, create their own nation or stay with Nigeria.

Fight for your own referendum and leave those that have not clearly demand one to navigate their own course.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Amarabae(f): 5:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
ManMountain:

It was because in our reckoning, he was a disappointment to the yorubas and doesn't deserve our votes.
Most Yorubas will vote against Buhari too if they view him as a disappointment.
No hard feeling, but cold political realities.
So, it not because you love Ijaws that you voted for him, not because we love the Hausa/Fulani that we voted for one of their own but political realities.

So I will throw your question back to you, did you vote for GEJ because of your love for Ijaws?
you guys amaze me, so you are saying that SW voted against GEJ because he marginalised you and he did not play a trbal hatred type of politics?
you guys hated him because he was close to Igbos, so you guys went for buhari the 95 vs 5% man?
is that not hypocrisy?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ManMountain(m): 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

Are you denying that IPOB has members from the SS non-Igbo tribes? What about the Lower Niger Congress?

Until I start to see the tempo of such agitations in SS non-Igbo tribes, then we can come to a reasonable conclusion that they are with you in your agitation.
So far, IPOB is an Igbo agenda. Simple and short.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

I don't want any of you guys to join our country as I feel that that would inhibit us from being successful I just acknowledge that some people from those ethnicities do want to join us and some want to have their own country so they deserve to have their say in a referendum. I believe that these people should be given three choices in the referendum: join the Igbos, create their own nation or stay with Nigeria.

We don't need an Igbo sponsored referendum to tell us whether or not we want Nigeria or our own nation. If we needed a new nation, we would be on the front lines for that. We are not voiceless.

Just agitate for your Biafra and constrain it to the Igboid groups. Asking Urhobos to join means asking Edos to join. Asking Itsekiris to join means asking Yorubas to join. You can't have it any other way.

You cannot bring a referendum out of the blues when we have not expressed interest to leave the country or join Biafra.

If there are dissenting halfling Urhobos, they are very much free to migrate to the newly independent Biafra and make a life there. After all, Onitsha is not very far from Warri.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
GrandGarcon:
Na so ee pain reach?
Ah bros! Na you d tin dey pain o, Nigeria dey kampe, can the same be said about your Biafra? Embrace one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ManMountain(m): 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
Amarabae:

[s]you guys amaze me, so you are saying that SW voted against GEJ because he marginalised you and he did not play a trbal hatred type of politics?
you guys hated him because he was close to Igbos, so you guys went for buhari the 95 vs 5% man?
is that not hypocrisy?[/s]

Pure trash. Everything to you is HATE.
When Yorubas spear headed his ascendancy to the Presidency during Yardua debacle and voted for him overwhelmingly in 2011, it was love right?
Please, brush up your political knowledge. You voted for GEJ, not out of love for his Ijaw people, but you see him as your own favorite, shikena.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

As an Urhobo man, I have never seen any Urhobo speak passionately of Biafra or LNC, talk less of agitating for it.

Whatever members you may have are as insignificant as to Urhobo nation as much as Hausas are to the Biafra cause.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ManMountain(m): 5:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

We don't need an Igbo sponsored referendum to tell us whether or not we want Nigeria or our nation. If we needed a new nation, we would be on the front lines for that. We are not voiceless.

Just agitate for your Biafra and constrain it to the Igboid state. Asking Urhobos to join means asking Edos to join. Asking Itsekiris to join means asking Yorubas to join. You can't have it any other way.

You cannot bring a referendum out of the blues when we have not expressed interest to leave the country or join Biafra.

If there are dissenting halfling Urhobos, they are very much free to migrate to the newly independent Biafra and make a life there. After all, Onitsha is not far from Warri.

That in bold is the whole idea.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
ManMountain:

Fight for your own referendum and leave those that have not clearly demand one to navigate their own course.

You do realise that you're talking to someone who advocates an "Igbo First" policy, right? Personally speaking, I believe that the campaign for independence should only concern Igbo people, whether they be from the South-South or South-East. However, if these pressure groups can prove that 50 people from each minority tribe wants a referendum then it should be conducted there. A referendum would be a win-win for the likes of you anyway: if it comes out that the vast majority of these people don't want to leave Nigeria, as you claim, then the referendum would reflect that. It would give you concrete evidence to support your claims.

12 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by CarlosTheJackal: 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Embodiment of point number 3!
Go find work brother

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Amarabae(f): 5:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Encouraging what your kin are doing through deliberate silence muddles your anti-IPOB stance and reveals you as an Igbo supremacist.

I will still give you the benefit of doubt because I don't jump to hasty conclusions.
you did not counter my comment,you dodged it.
in democracy, everone have a freedom to vote who they like? true or false?
my anger was that you accused Igbos of hatred just for excersicing their right via voting for GEJ? you forgot that we also voted for Obasanjo and yaradua.
I hate hypocrisy and always call it out when I see one.
Igbos and Igbos Are not the same thing, don't insult Igbos because of Igbos.
thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
[s]
fratermathy:

I would very much want to see one where URHOBO-ISOKO people participated.

Many of these people you see here are Igbos or Igbo halflings.

In any case, let us even assume that they are Rivers and Akwa Ibom people as the videos portends, does that change the facts of the matter and the issues I have raised?
[/s]

This guy is funny. In your number 2 you generalized the SS. Now you say you want Urhobo. GOOD FOR YOU! Stop making sweeping statements. Infact,if I get in touch with our media crew,I will request and upload here,a video of an Urhobo soliciting support for Biafra during an IPoB meeting. You don't really know what's up Nigga.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ManMountain(m): 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

You do realise that you're talking to someone who advocates an "Igbo First" policy, right? Personally speaking, I believe that the campaign for independence should only concern Igbo people, whether they be from the South-South or South-East. However, if these pressure groups can prove that 50 people from each minority tribe wants a referendum then it should be conducted there. A referendum would be a win-win for the likes of you anyway: if it comes out that the vast majority of these people don't want to leave Nigeria, as you claim, then the referendum would reflect that. It would give you concrete evidence to support your claims.

So let it remain so, or else, you will keep attracting opprobrium to your biafran cause
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
DocHMD:

Kanu did not add the minorities in the Biafra map by fiat, he simply did his research as a scholar in history (he has a UK degree in history) and took the map of Biafra AS IT WAS IN OLD JOURNALS even before Lugard was born and simply reproduced for rest of humanity to see.

Kanu did not add or subtract from the pre-lugardian Biafra map which is found in old geography and history journals, as old as 200 years ago. I'm sure you've seen the pre-lugardian map of Biafra but turned a blind eye to it. cheesy

I missed this initially.

So in your old "journals", Urhobo-Isokoland was in pre-Lugardian Biafra? May I see that map, please?

So even Itsekiri was in pre-Lugardian Biafra?

Why wasn't Edo, the progenitor of the Urhobo-Isoko, in the map?

Why wasn't Yoruba, the progenitor of Itsekiri, in the map?

So is this map selective?

Is the Epie-Atissa, also from Edo, the Ogbia, the Degema, etc, which are Edoid, also in the pre-Lugardian map?

So which indigenous person was educated enough to draw the map?

If what you said is true then I must agree with IpobExposed that Nnamdi Kanu is a liar and a fraud.

I need to see that map ASAP.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by khadaffi(m): 5:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

We have not complained, have we? The so-called Southern Cameroonians are living their lives and you are here comparing another ethnicity with them.

If rejecting Biafra means we have to suffer for the consequences, so be it!

By the way, NO ONE has responded to the issues I raised.
Did they ever responded to the issues you raised? I couldn't read through the pages cause most of the IPOB are talking trash as usual. If they answered it please quote the place and refer me there thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Amarabae(f): 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
ManMountain:

Pure trash. Everything to you is HATE.
When Yorubas spear headed his ascendancy to the Presidency during Yardua debacle and voted for him overwhelmingly in 2011, it was love right?
Please, brush up your political knowledge. You voted for GEJ, not out of love for his Ijaw people, but you see him as your own favorite, shikena.
so the late dora akunyili who fought for GEJ was yoruba?
now if you SW Love ijaws, tell buhari to relocate oil company headquaters from Lagos to Yenegoa!
can you guys do that for the 'ijaws you love'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
iSlayer2:

This guy is funny. In your number 2 you generalized the SS. Now you say you want Urhobo. GOOD FOR YOU! Stop making sweeping statements. Infact,if I get in touch with our media crew,I will request and upload here,a video of an Urhobo soliciting support for Biafra during an IPoB meeting. You don't really know what's up Nigga.

I need to see that video. Many Urhobos are viewing this thread now. Prove us all wrong and upload proof that an URHOBO (Ihwo ro Ode) went to BEG Igbo for Biafra!

Why resort to fabricated lies now?

Who are those Urhobos? List their names so that I can give you the history behind them right now.

I made 5 points. Have you attempted to address any?

You uploaded a video that could have been made anywhere by anyone. If I copy that video and change the title to Rivers and Akwa Ibom women protesting against Biafra, would I not have done what you have done?

Anyway, I don't have that time. Address my issues.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

As an Urhobo man, I have never seen any Urhobo speak passionately of Biafra or LNC, talk less of agitating for it.

Whatever members you may have are as insignificant as to Urhobo nation as much as Hausas are to the Biafra cause.

If they can prove that 50 people from yours and the other minority ethnic groups do want a referendum, be it for their own nationhood or to join the Igbos, then it should be conducted. At the very least, it'll prove your point.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
ManMountain:

So let it remain so, or else, you will keep attracting opprobrium to your biafran cause

It definitely will remain so. I honestly don't care about your ethnic group and most likely won't anytime soon undecided.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
Amarabae:

you did not counter my comment,you dodged it.
in democracy, everone have a freedom to vote who they like? true or false?
my anger was that you accused Igbos of hatred just for excersicing their right via voting for GEJ? you forgot that we also voted for Obasanjo and yaradua.
I hate hypocrisy and always call it out when I see one.
Igbos and Igbos Are not the same thing, don't insult Igbos because of Igbos.
thanks

There are two persons engaging you here. You didn't ask me anything.

Everyone has freedom to vote in politics. However, in Nigeria we play ethnopolitics.

You are an Igbo supremacist and that is glaring now.

I have nothing else to say to you.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
khadaffi:

Did they ever responded to the issues you raised? I couldn't read through the pages cause most of the IPOB are talking trash as usual. If they answered it please quote the place and refer me there thanks.

They have not attempted to address the issues. They found a way to even drag Yoruba into the matter.

Another uploaded an irrelevant video of women shouting.

The others are acting like the number 3 point on my list.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

If they can prove that 50 people from yours and the other minority ethnic groups do want a referendum, be it for their own nationhood or to join the Igbos, then it should be conducted. At the very least, it'll prove your point.

It behoves you who calls for a referendum to prove that the people need one.

Besides, here's how Urhobo Progress Union (UPU) makes decisions:

They propose ideas to representatives of cultural units in Urhobo such as Okpe, Uvwie, Agbon, etc. These representatives meet with Village Chiefs, Community Organisations, Kings and the people and convey the people's wish back to UPU.

After that UPU makes an official statement on something.

All these were done before UPU came out to say that Urhobos DO NO WANT BIAFRA!

If you have an alternative view, then present proof that we need a referendum. No Urhobo official outlet or king has asked for it. We are not mute. We can speak what we want explicitly! In fact no minority tribe has asked for a referendum. When many of us asked of resource control, everyone heard it and ratified it. None has asked to join Biafra or for a referendum to that effect.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Amarabae(f): 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

There are two persons engaging you here. You didn't ask me anything.

Everyone has freedom to vote in politics. However, in Nigeria we play ethnopolitics.

You are an Igbo supremacist and that is glaring now.

I have nothing else to say to you.
so if I start insulting my people with you, then you will admire me? sorry i am not an efulefu.
you isulted Igbos and I called you out, sorry we Igbos don't play ethnopolitcs, we voted for obasanjo over ojukwu in 2003, we have voted massively for a yoruba,ijaw and fulani men to be president, ethnopolitics is not our thing.
Igbo and Ipob are not the same thing, Don't hide under Ipob excuse to express your Igbophobia.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Bigdigpussylova(m): 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
why are u guys fighting over nothing? I would prefer to see a constructive and robust discussion on the need to restructure the country. i am an indigenous Biafran and a citizen of Nigeria. i want to see this country restructured as a confederation. every section of the country should develop itself and contribute to the national purse. the confederation should legislate on defence, foreign policies, immigration, aviation and space technology, marine and oceanology and few other sectors. the federating state could take charge of every other sectors like; education, agriculture, mining and commerce etc .

my humble opinion though. May God bless Ndi Biafra. God bless federal Republic of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

It behoves you who calls for a referendum to prove that the people need one.

Besides. Here's how UPU makes decisions.

They propose ideas to representations of cultural units in Urhobo such as Okpe, Uvwie, Again, etc. These representatives meet with village chiefs, King's and the people and convey the people's wish back to UPU.

After that UPU makes an official statement on something.

All these were done before UPU came out to say that Urhobos DO NO WANT BIAFRA!

If you have an alternative view, the present proof that we need a referendum. No Urhobo official outlet or king has asked for it. We are not mute. We can speak what we want explicitly!

I don't believe that you've been reading my posts. I said that if they- the Independence campaigners- can prove that 50 people from each minority tribe want to have a referendum, whether for their own nationhood or to join the Igbos, then it should be conducted for the sake of democracy. As I said before, at worst, it'll be hardcore evidence that'll support your position.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Amarabae:

so if I start insulting my people with you, then you will admire me? sorry i am not an efulefu.
you isulted Igbos and I called you out, sorry we Igbos don't play ethnopolitcs, we voted for obasanjo over ojukwu in 2003, we have voted massively for a yoruba and fulani men to be president, ethnopolitics is not our thing.
Igbo and Ipob are not the same thing, Don't hide under Ipob excuse to express your Igbophobia.

Whatever you say. You reign supreme! Your royal highness! They care only for themselves and themselves alone.

I challenge you to quote the post throughout this thread where I insulted the great Igbo nation!

Other SSners take note!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by GrandGarcon: 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
kropotkin2:
Ah bros! Na you d tin dey pain o, Nigeria dey kampe, can the same be said about your Biafra? Embrace one Nigeria
Go to hell with your zoo.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 6:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
Bigdigpussylova:
why are u guys fighting over nothing? I would prefer to see a constructive and robust discussion on the need to restructure the country. i am an indigenous Biafran and a citizen of Nigeria. i want to see this country restructured as a confederation. every section of the country should develop itself and contribute to the national purse. the confederation should legislate on defence, foreign policies, immigration, aviation and space technology, marine and oceanology and few other sectors. the federating state could take charge of every other sectors like; education, agriculture, mining and commerce etc .

my humble opinion though. May God bless Ndi Biafra. God bless federal Republic of Nigeria.

You have spoken well. Daalu nwoke oma.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

I need to see that video. Many Urhobos are viewing this thread now as we need. Prove us all wrong and upload proof that an URHOBO (Oshare ro Ode) went to BEG Igbo for Biafra!

Why resort to fabricated lies now?

Who are those Urhobos? List their names so that I can give you the history behind them right now.

I made 5 points. Have you attempted to address any?

You uploaded a video that could have been made anywhere by anyone. If I copy that video and change the title to Rivers and Akwa Ibom women protesting against Biafra, would I not have done what you have done?

Anyway, I don't have that time. Address my issues.

You must be out of your mind if you think I would go that far to convince one fratermathy about the state of things. I wonder who you think you're talking to. I'm not like you. Your rants don't bother me, better understand my stance now. shishh.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Chinachriss(m): 6:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
t
Thank you Frathermathy for this thread. I remember opening a thread about how Akwa Ibomites in my school vehemently repudiate the Biafran stuff and one of your attackers came for me too requesting statistics and other tosh. They are just far from reality. You,ve written the gospel truth. We don"t have any right to coerce your people to join us. Things have to done appropriately as tradition demands. Just ignore them. You've made your point. I still maintain that getting Biafra is impossible if they don"t change their strategy.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Sultan Of Sokoto Flags Off Construction Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Secretariat / Ike Ekweremadu Receives His Ph.d Certificate From University Of Abuja / What To Expect As Fani Kayode Joins Festus Keyamo In APC Presidential Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.