Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession (23344 Views)

2023: Why North Will Give Amaechi Ticket To Settle Igbo Agitation / The Prophesy Of NOSTRADAM Concerning BIAFRA / My Solemn Quoted Messages To FG Concerning Biafra:unity Is Not Uniformity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 6:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
iSlayer2:

You must be crazy if you think I would go that far to convince one fratermathy about the state of things. I wonder who you think you're talking to. I'm not like you. Your rants don't bother me, better understand my stance now. shishh.

Noted sir.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

I don't believe that you've been reading my posts. I said that if they- the Independence campaigners- can prove that 50 people from each minority tribe wants to have a referendum, whether for their own nationhood or to join the Igbos, then it should be conducted for the sake of democracy. As I said before, at worst, it'll be hardcore evidence that'll support your position.

Noted.

But this still doesn't prove anything or rationalises why you'd want diverse tribes in a new nation. Urhobos-Isokos are Edoid, Itsekiri is Yoruboid, Ibibio-Efik has nothing to do with the aforementioned groups, Ogoni and Ijaw are distant and have nothing to do with Igbo!

Why would you create a mini Nigeria and call it the promised land?

I don't get the logic at all.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Amarabae(f): 6:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Whatever you say. You reign supreme! Your royal highness! They care only for themselves and themselves alone.

Other SSners take note!
Not so fast.
you want to change the topic

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Chinachriss(m): 6:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
Bigdigpussylova:
why are u guys fighting over nothing? I would prefer to see a constructive and robust discussion on the need to restructure the country. i am an indigenous Biafran and a citizen of Nigeria. i want to see this country restructured as a confederation. every section of the country should develop itself and contribute to the national purse. the confederation should legislate on defence, foreign policies, immigration, aviation and space technology, marine and oceanology and few other sectors. the federating state could take charge of every other sectors like; education, agriculture, mining and commerce etc .

my humble opinion though. May God bless Ndi Biafra. God bless federal Republic of Nigeria.
I love this. Seconded.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 6:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Noted.

But this still doesn't prove anything or rationalises why you'd want diverse tribes in a new nation. Urhobos-Isokos are Edoid, Itsekiri is Yoruboid, Ibibio-Efik has nothing to do with the aforementioned groups, Ogoni and Ijaw are distant and have nothing to do with Igbo!

Why would you create a mini Nigeria and call it the promised land?

I don't get the logic at all.

Like I said, I don't believe that you've been reading my posts undecided.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

I'm not referring to you directly but the vast majority of IPOB. I know your position on this issue. I'm worried about those of your kin.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ManMountain(m): 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
Amarabae:

so the late dora akunyili who fought for GEJ was yoruba?
now if you SW Love ijaws, tell buhari to relocate oil company headquaters from Lagos to Yenegoa!
can you guys do that for the 'ijaws you love'.

Please keep quiet with this stale Dora angle, she joined the bandwagon when the heat was already on after OBJ open letter to Yardua to quit.
You keep bringing rubbish diversion into the topic
What is this rubbish about SW loving ijaw? Where did you see that or you simply have comprehension problems? .

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ikechu10: 6:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

I would very much want to see one where URHOBO-ISOKO people participated.

Many of these people you see here are Igbos or Igbo halflings.

In any case, let us even assume that they are Rivers and Akwa Ibom people as the videos portends, does that change the facts of the matter and the issues I have raised?

Your hypocrisy is laughable that i wonder if you are sane in the head. First of all, I'm from delta state but delta igbo. As i said my cousin is one of the leaders of IPOB in delta and i am aware, from my own cousin's mouth that the individuals that partake in delta protest are predominately mixture Igbo from our side and minorities from neighboring towns. But I'll let that slide as it's a he say/she say thing in this case. But i noticed someone posted a video, evidence, of protest from SS speaking on behalf of Biafra, you that decided to make yourself the voice of all tribes in SS now label it as "Igbo and halfie igbo". The hypocrisy is ridiculous that it laughable to a point.

You made yourself a grandiose thought of how others think yet when provided VIDEO evidence that disprove it. You continue showing your a SS.

The funny thing of it all, if you are SO SURE od your thought is the popular thought in SS, one would think you would support referendum as it'll as it'll come out in your favour yet you against it. I wonder why? Oh maybe that's because it'll display the truth. It's funny that you screech that referendum is not what SS speaks of yet you aren't aware the FIRST separation group to ask for referendum was Lower Niger Congress

In case you aren't aware, LNC is a SS version of IPOB. The leader and founder of LNC is iteskiri. Most of its leaders are predominately SS minorities and few anioma. I suggest get in touch with what is going on outside your grandiose thought of superiority complex.

Lastly, most of the protesters that protest in River state are predominately RIVER STATE INDIGIEOUS. I actually follow two on FB whom are IPOB members. Who loves to showcase the activities of IPOB on Facebook. Both are ijaw. I suggest Google: sokipri dokunbo and Blessing Benson.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Amarabae(f): 6:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
ManMountain:

Please keep quiet with this stale Dora angle, she joined the bandwagon when the heat was already on after OBJ open letter to Yardua to quit.
You keep bringing rubbish diversion into the topic
What is this rubbish about SW loving ijaw? Where did you see that or you simply have comprehension problems? .
you said that Igbos hate ijaws amid voting for GEJ.
And I said, now that yorubas love ijaws, what is stopping you people from telling buhari to relocate Oil company headquaters from Lagos to Yenegoa? Answer me.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ikechu10:

Your hypocrisy is laughable that i wonder if you are sane in the head. First of all, I'm from delta state but delta igbo. As i said my cousin is one of the leaders of IPOB in delta and i am aware, from my own cousin's mouth that the individuals that partake in delta protest are predominately mixture Igbo from our side and minorities from neighboring towns. But I'll let that slide as it's a he say or she say thing in this case. But i noticed someone posted a video, evidence, of protest from SS speaking on behalf of Biafra, you that decided to make yourself the voice of all tribes in SS now label it as "Igbo and halfie igbo". The hypocrisy is ridiculous that it laughable to a point.

You made yourself a grandiose thought of how others think yet when provided VIDEO evidence that disprove it. You continue showing your a SS.

The funny thing of it all, if you are SO SURE od your thought is the popular thought in SS, one would think you would support referendum as it'll as it'll come out in your favour yet you against it. I wonder why? Oh maybe that's because it'll display the truth. It's funny that you screech that referendum is not what SS speaks of yet you aren't aware the FIRST separation group to ask for referendum was Lower Niger Congress

In case you aren't aware, LNC is a SS version of IPOB. The leader and founder of LNC is iteskiri. Most of its leaders are predominately SS minorities and few anioma. I suggest get in touch with what is going on outside your grandiose thought of superiority complex.

Lastly, most of the protesters that protest in River state are predominately RIVER STATE INDIGIEOUS. I actually follow two on FB whom are IPOB members. Who loves to showcase the activities of IPOB on Facebook. Both are ijaw. I suggest Google: sokipri dokunbo and Benson.

Your rants are noted.

Urhobo is not partisan to Biafra or LNC.

As for you guys wanting Biafra, it's your cup of egusi. I never included Igboid groups in my writeup, for good reason.

Every group has a right to self-determination. Igbos should respect that.

No minority in the south has pledged to Biafra in any way whatsoever. When they do, I'd be the first to wish them well. It's their choice, after all.

If you have something to say on the issues I raised, do say. Otherwise, you'd only be ranting on this thread.

This is not one of your tribalistic threads!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ikechu10: 6:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Your rants are noted.

Urhobo is not partisan to Biafra or LNC.

As for you guys wanting Biafra, it's your cup of egusi. I never included Igboid groups in my writeup, for good reason.

Every group has a right to self-determination. Igbos should respect that.

If you have something to say on the issues I raised, do say. Otherwis, you'd only be ranting on this thread.

You your fucking self should respect you aren't the voice of SS.

Speak for your urhobo clan as you want, No one gives to bleeps about it but stop defining minorities that don't follow your thought as "Igbo or halfie Igbo". All you are doing is showcasing you are a hypocritical fool you displaying.

Btw: next time you come out smacking your chest screeching that "referendum is not what SS want." I suggest research and learn the group that sort for referendum FIRST for SS and SE was a group started by an iteskiri. IPOB actually copied LNC in that thought.

Keep in touch with wtf is going outside instead whatever grandiose nonsense you created in that your brain.

9 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Emycord: 6:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Why don't you address the issues I have raised for once, please.
Are we in a dictatorship where issues cannot be raised or addressed?
in as much as i like most of the points you made i think we see these minorities as our brethren even though its illogical that every igbo or proposed biafran will eventually be biafran as there should be on compulsion in nationhood . Referendum will solve all of that, i bet you if the so called ss will opt for nigeria. Sir i'm forced to ask how its wrong to make biafrans of minority but very ok to make nigerians of igbos. We are same brethren as there has not been any ethnic clashes between se and ss in any recorded history nigeria is trying hard to divide us. Not all israelites eventually settled in canaan two tribes opted to stay behind the sites jordan but at least joshua convinced them to help fight out the heathens. Thats what we expect of you guys speak as u have just done now but yet be free yes u are free to opt out
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ikechu10:

You your fucking self should respect you aren't the voice of SS.

Speak for your urhobo clan as you want, No one gives to bleeps about it but stop defining minorities that don't follow your thought as "Igbo or halfie Igbo". All you are doing is showcasing you are a hypocritical dumbass you displaying.

Btw: next time you come out smacking your chest screeching that "referendum is not what SS want." I suggest research and learn the group that sort for referendum FIRST for SS and SE was a group started by an iteskiri. IPOB actually copied LNC in that thought.

Keep in touch with wtf is going outside instead whatever grandiose nonsense you created in that your brain.

Kk
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ikechu10: 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

He has not. Most of what he replies showcase as it does not even flow with what you are saying.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
Emycord:
in as much as i like most of the points you made i think we see these minorities as our brethren even though its illogical that every igbo or proposed biafran will eventually be biafran as there should be on compulsion in nationhood . Referendum will solve all of that, i bet you if the so called ss will opt for nigeria. Sir i'm forced to ask how its wrong to make biafrans of minority but very ok to make nigerians of igbos. We are same brethren as there has not been any ethnic clashes between se and ss in any recorded history nigeria is trying hard to divide us. Not all israelites eventually settled in canaan two tribes opted to stay behind the sites jordan but at least joshua convinced them to help fight out the heathens. Thats what we expect of you guys speak as u have just done now but yet be free yes u are free to opt out

Like I've always maintained, you can't force yourself on people who say they don't want. You say you want self determination. Don't you think the minorities in the south deserve same?

No minority has asked for a referendum. Prove me otherwise with proof. Do you want to force referendum on dissenting tribes? You want a referendum in Urhobo but not in Edo. You want in Itsekiri but not in Yoruba. You don't like Yorubas but like Itsekiri. You don't like Edos but like Urhobos.

Heaven please!

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 6:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

I'm not referring to you directly but the vast majority of IPOB. I know your position on this issue. I'm worried about those of your kin.

No, you weren't otherwise you'd have clarified that in your post. You didn't actually read my posts properly and now you're trying to save face undecided. It seems to me that you were just commenting for the sake of commenting.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Sanchez01: 6:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:
islayer2

He thinks we will die if Urhobos reject Biafra

Biafrans invited Urhobos out of love and they are free to accept or reject

I just pity them if they reject Biafra because their case will be worse than Southern Cameroon
What are you offering exactly? The Urhobo nation is not interested in Biafra. Extend your 'love' to other ethnic groups.

We all know why you guys are dying so hard to bringing in the Ijaws and Urhobos into this. And rather than pity the Urhobo nation, channel the strength into clamouring for your secession.

We don't want Biafra to be another zoo now, or do we?

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 7:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
Status Update: I raised 5 issues in as calm and detribalised a way as possible and no IPOB youth has been able to address any of them satisfactorily. I deliberately posted this link to many Urhobo and Niger Delta groups so that they can see first hand the nature of things. I have not been disproved so far.

As in their usual way, they started looking for loopholes, attacking me, digressing and shifting grounds. Some even tried derailing the thread save for the way I handled them.

I still await for when the issues will be addressed.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 7:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

No, you weren't otherwise you'd have clarified that in your post. You didn't actually read my posts properly and now you're trying to save face undecided. It seems to me that you were just commenting for the sake of commenting.

Noted.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 7:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
DocHMD:

Kanu did not add the minorities in the Biafra map by fiat, he simply did his research as a scholar in history (he has a UK degree in history) and took the map of Biafra AS IT WAS IN OLD JOURNALS even before Lugard was born and simply reproduced for rest of humanity to see.

Kanu did not add or subtract from the pre-lugardian Biafra map which is found in old geography and history journals, as old as 200 years ago. I'm sure you've seen the pre-lugardian map of Biafra but turned a blind eye to it. cheesy
Lolz. Deception of the highest order. Kanu a scholar? Please tell me you are joking.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 7:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ikechu10:

Your hypocrisy is laughable that i wonder if you are sane in the head. First of all, I'm from delta state but delta igbo. As i said my cousin is one of the leaders of IPOB in delta and i am aware, from my own cousin's mouth that the individuals that partake in delta protest are predominately mixture Igbo from our side and minorities from neighboring towns. But I'll let that slide as it's a he say/she say thing in this case. But i noticed someone posted a video, evidence, of protest from SS speaking on behalf of Biafra, you that decided to make yourself the voice of all tribes in SS now label it as "Igbo and halfie igbo". The hypocrisy is ridiculous that it laughable to a point.

Lastly, most of the protesters that protest in River state are predominately RIVER STATE INDIGIEOUS. I actually follow two on FB whom are IPOB members. Who loves to showcase the activities of IPOB on Facebook. Both are ijaw. I suggest Google: sokipri dokunbo and Blessing Benson.

Yes, we all noted how he shifted the goalposts from talking about South-South minorities to just the Urhobo tribe after iSlayer2 posted that video. I guarantee you that he will expose himself in this thread if it's not closed soon.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
It is such videos that make me relax a bit and allow things flow. No need shouting we SS like a lunatic. Things are happening on ground and opening NL threads will not change anything. Once Bayelsans begin to turn up better at meetings,the SS chapter is ended. IPoB will then set their sights to our brothers northwards, another great task. All this NL threads are balderdash before me.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

Yes, we all noted how he shift the goalposts from talking about South-South minorities to just the Urhobo tribe after iSlayer2 posted that video. I guarantee you that he will expose himself in this thread if it's not closed soon.

Why are you and your ilk derailing the thread? Better address any of my 5 issues which you all stylishly ignored to start spreading propaganda for minorities. What is your plan exactly?

I won't encourage the derailing you so wish for.

Kindly engage this post.

If videos are what you now need, just say it and I'll provide videos of minority tribes saying no to Biafra!
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
iSlayer2:
It is such videos that make me relax a bit and allow things flow. No need shouting we SS like a lunatic. Things are happening on ground and opening NL threads will not change anything. Once Bayelsans begin to turn up better at meetings,the SS chapter is ended. IPoB will then set their sights to our brothers northwards, another great task. All this NL threads are balderdash before me.

Instead of addressing the salient points I have noted, you pasted the link to a video of random women agitating for Biafra. Was that the issue at hand?

You want to set an exam for yourself and pass it yourself abi?

I choose to ignore your attempts.

Convince us that minorities have asked for Biafra or a referendum via official statements as I have done to negate that view.

Its no news that Igbos protest everywhere and impersonate other tribes while doing so.

There's even a video online of an Igbo impersonating an Orogun person and calling for Buhari's head.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Why are you and your ilk derailing the thread? Better address any of my 5 issues which you all stylishly ignored to start spreading propaganda for minorities. What is your plan exactly?

I won't encourage the derailing you so wish for.

Kindly engage this post.

If videos are what you now need, just say it and I'll provide videos of minority tribes saying no to Biafra!

If anyone is derailing the thread then it's you. Otherwise, why would you be commenting on people's posts without actually reading them?

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Efewestern: 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
frathermathy I don't expect you to exchange word with these people, this thread is uncalled for, not every nonsense you reply, We know our stance, so leave them alone, they should keep deceiving themselves, No referendum will be conducted, if any should be conducted it will be in Delta North , we have no issue with that. stop engaging yourself with these people. please and please.

P's: I asked you something earlier, can you provide me with such info, about uvwie local government, since you are the only scholar I know here.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
[s]
fratermathy:

Instead of addressing the salient points I have noted, you pasted the link to a video of random women agitating for Biafra. Was that the issue at hand?

You want to set an exam for yourself and pass it yourself abi?

I choose to ignore your attempts.

Convince us that minorities have asked for Biafra or a referendum via official statements as I have done to negate that view.

Its no news that Igbos protest everywhere and impersonate other tribes while doing so.
[/s]

Can you see now that you sound like a clown?! It's okay. It's part of those things.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 7:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

If anyone is derailing the thread then it's you. Otherwise, why would you be commenting on people's posts without actually reading them?

Kk
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
iSlayer2:

Can you see now that you sound like a clown?! It's okay. It's part of those things.

Kk
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Fx55(m): 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:
Igbos voting for GEJ was not because of LOVE but of political expediency at the time and out of hatred of the Hausa-Yoruba political project.
You lie!

Mathias why are you so bitter? Igbos gave Jonathan unconditional love and support. I was almost moved to tears the day Jonathan came to Aba. People had to climb rooftops just to get a glimpse. Even Jonathan had to come down from his vehicle, walk down the road on foot and exchange handshakes with thousands of excited and jubilant supporters that lined the streets to receive him.

Do you know that many people(including myself) shed tears when Jonathan conceded defeat to Buhari? Please say what you know and don't be blinded by hate.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Sanchez01: 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Bigdigpussylova:
why are u guys fighting over nothing? I would prefer to see a constructive and robust discussion on the need to restructure the country. i am an indigenous Biafran and a citizen of Nigeria. i want to see this country restructured as a confederation. every section of the country should develop itself and contribute to the national purse. the confederation should legislate on defence, foreign policies, immigration, aviation and space technology, marine and oceanology and few other sectors. the federating state could take charge of every other sectors like; education, agriculture, mining and commerce etc .

my humble opinion though. May God bless Ndi Biafra. God bless federal Republic of Nigeria.
This is sensible but then, it won't happen. Most of these parts thinking of breaking away have the intent of doing so without looking back.

Besides, confederation is not realistic. The closest we have to it today is the EUROPEAN UNION and we all know what is happening with the UK today. Eventually, even those within a confederal state would think of pulling out as they would believe it is high time 'they took over their own destinies'.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ManMountain(m): 7:38pm On Mar 29, 2017
Amarabae:

you said that Igbos hate ijaws amid voting for GEJ.
And I said, now that yorubas love ijaws, what is stopping you people from telling buhari to relocate Oil company headquaters from Lagos to Yenegoa? Answer me.

I think your problem is simple naivety and lack of basic comprehension of the English language.
Quote exactly where I wrote the gibberish you put up there about Igbos hating ijaws
You have problems obviously with the words hate and Love

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Osun APC Governorship Election Mega Rally In Ikire (Photos) / #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala / Rivers State LG Poll ; Election Without Voters. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.