Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,910 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara (27626 Views)

Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari / Electoral Amendment: Saraki, Dogara Lock Horns Over Plot To Override Buhari.. / Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 30, 2017
obajoey:
The only thing and favour I need now is a Canadian Visa. Let me leave this country.
me too o

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by Ralphlauren(m): 9:27am On Mar 30, 2017
The wage bill of the federal civil service is currently unsustainable yet these idiots want to add more to the burden.

NSCDC have contributed little to peace and security in nigeria. What have they done to stop the spate of kidnapping,pipeline vandalism,theft, etc in nigeria. undecided

Creating another "peace corps" is just further duplication of duties.

There's already police, military, DSS and NSCDC. Rather than creating another paramilitary outfit, why not recruit more people into the existing organisations.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by seangy4konji: 9:31am On Mar 30, 2017
And you will never walk alone...we are in it together also... cheesy
fatdick:
grin U ARE NOT ALONE

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by ashawopikin(m): 9:31am On Mar 30, 2017
“We cannot overspend on the issue of protecting the lives and the properties of our citizens, we cannot,” he said.

if the speaker of d house can say this then we are in trouble, yet they spend millions on suvs
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by Realdeals(m): 9:32am On Mar 30, 2017
Let see where this Peace Corps issue will end, who will pay their bills and not oversee the recruitment processes.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by precious1967(m): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2017
buhari vs. npdp. this is as a result of his body language.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by seunmsg(m): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2017
Buhari should blame himself for the rubbish the national assembly is forcing down his throat. He had the opportunity of ensuring that reasonable people who will support his vision emerge as leaders of the national assembly but he messed things up because some people thought they need to cut Tinubu's influence. I just hope it is not too late for him to retrace his step and take control of the situation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by 4ureyesonly: 9:38am On Mar 30, 2017
Armstrong34:
..... All of us go dey here together o.....

Abi na we vote in this criminals into the National Assembly.... So we should enjoy the free movie....

Even jumping into the lagoon for now is not permittedgrin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by vickertony(m): 9:40am On Mar 30, 2017
obajoey:
The only thing and favour I need now is a Canadian Visa. Let me leave this country.
same here brother.. May our Dreams come true soonest!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by ashawopikin(m): 9:40am On Mar 30, 2017
“We cannot overspend on the issue of protecting the lives and the properties of our citizens, we cannot,” he said.

if the speaker can say something like this, we are in trouble,they can spend in protecting our lives, but they can spend millions on suvs
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by Kingspin(m): 9:41am On Mar 30, 2017
We have not addressed the challenges pose by the police here we are creating another sub-police. I pity my country.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by simpleseyi: 9:42am On Mar 30, 2017
psucc:
Which Federal Government? We have Buhari not Federal Government.

NASS is not part of Buhari.

Check you B.P., it is rising higher than Union Bank building in Marina more than normal. The way you are going you may not live to see Buhari's second term, you would have died of hypertension as a result of hatred and anger.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 30, 2017
I am confused. What is this Peace Corps ? What is the point having more Security Outfits that are totally dysfunctional ?

If the politicians are just humans of this digital age, they are supposed to know that theft, murder, rape and all ills happen on the grassroots level, and what we need are State Police Departments. The Present Police Force can be reformed and each policeman goes back to State Police Jurisdiction and be retrained, new Uniforms issued by respective state for their own Police Department, then Federal Government will have a Supervisory Police Unit, those ones way no day hear grammar, to train and punish state policemen that hurt any citizen. On the State Police level, policemen will be sent to each of the village police stations, and to their respective communities and they work there in the stations and they know criminals based on communal history and this nation will no longer witness these crimes.

Until Federal Politicians, because I no longer see a Federal Government here, I see a group of friends, they call themselves Federal Politicians, and they are there for allocations and all the projects executed are just projects needed for release of money to be shared, not really because they want to do anything. If not, how can people sit in Abuja with about 5 policemen to each of them, and form a new outfit for security when we already have too many organizations doing the same thing wrongly.

E be like say, I go go back to where I returned back from oh. Our mums too much.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by tino22(m): 9:45am On Mar 30, 2017
fatdick:
grin U ARE NOT ALONE
Me too already making the inquiries naija don tire me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by lastmaster(m): 9:45am On Mar 30, 2017
I will stop reading news on politics in Nigeria, let me just be.I am tired of this country, it's time to relocate to Jupiter.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 30, 2017
lastmaster:
I will stop reading news on politics in Nigeria, let me just be.I am tired of this country, it's time to relocate to Jupiter.

No be only you, the mumu too much.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by Akinz0126(m): 9:50am On Mar 30, 2017
Just when are they gona start the recruitment of civil defence corps sef ?
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by Joephat(m): 9:51am On Mar 30, 2017
Pls if you're interested in buying kidney hola me..

Nigeria Don tire. Buy one take one free
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by loomer: 9:58am On Mar 30, 2017
Where is the veto power in vetoing then?
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by LordOfNaira: 9:59am On Mar 30, 2017
davefieldpop:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/227432-nigerian-lawmakers-override-buhari-vetoes-peace-corps-bill-dogara.html

Imagine how one of our leaders reasons. So the only way they can spend on security is to create more agencies. What about spending seriously to reestablish the police force and make it more efficient and disciplined?
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by felix000000(m): 10:04am On Mar 30, 2017
We youth should be looking at employment generation this will bring to us rather than looking at duplication of duties. At least this will mop up some percentage of unemployment. Even house of Rep. and Senate is duplicating each other and federal Government still keeping them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by henryhemon(m): 10:17am On Mar 30, 2017
obajoey:

That's easy to get if you have the money.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by kareemkamil(m): 10:20am On Mar 30, 2017
Wahlahi Tahlahi, if this guy bearing Saraki, his still on that sit, there will always trouble, on red chamber floor.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by clems88(m): 10:20am On Mar 30, 2017
AnusOdourInhaler:
People will get work, but that's a duplication of duty. The government should build infrastructure that will generate money for the common man instead of paying more salaries
itz better to o creat job than buy a car worth #370m angry
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by edo3(m): 10:21am On Mar 30, 2017
obajoey:
bro,,please take me with u.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by henryhemon(m): 10:21am On Mar 30, 2017
ifyalways:
What exactly is the job description of the peace corps?

What new thing are they bringing to the table? We have Police, FRSC, states corps (Kai,Lastma), VIO, VIS, etc?

Meanwhile this govt is a perfect example of a house divided against itself.

What do we Nigerians want??if they are united you will criticize if they are divided you will criticize and let it be house divided against itself so there won't be collective stealing. But those senators are not fighting for us.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by softy(m): 10:33am On Mar 30, 2017
This is what constitution says:

"58. (1) The power of the National Assembly to make laws shall be exercised by bills passed by both the Senate and the House of Representatives and, except as otherwise provided by subsection (5) of this section, assented to by the President.

(2) A bill may originate in either the Senate or the House of Representatives and shall not become law unless it has been passed and, except as otherwise provided by this section and section 59 of this Constitution, assented to in accordance with the provisions of this section.

(3) Where a bill has been passed by the House in which it originated, it shall be sent to the other House, and it shall be presented to the President for assent when it has been passed by that other House and agreement has been reached between the two Houses on any amendment made on it.
(4) Where a bill is presented to the President for assent, he shall within thirty days thereof signify that he assents or that he withholds assent.
(5) Where the President withholds his assent and the bill is again passed by each House by two-thirds majority, the bill shall become law and the assent of the President shall not be required.

59. (1) The provisions of this section shall apply to:

(a) an appropriation bill or a supplementary appropriation bill, including any other bill for the payment, issue or withdrawal from the Consolidated Revenue Fund or any other public fund of the Federation of any money charged thereon or any alteration in the amount of such a payment, issue or withdrawal; and
(b) a bill for the imposition of or increase in any tax, duty or fee or any reduction, withdrawal or cancellation thereof.

(2) Where a bill to which this section applies is passed by one of the Houses of the National Assembly but is not passed by the other House within a period of two months from the commencement of a financial year, the President of the Senate shall within fourteen days thereafter arrange for and convene a meeting of the joint finance committee to examine the bill with a view to resolving the differences between the two Houses.
(3) Where the joint finance committee fails to resolve such differences, then the bill shall be presented to the National Assembly sitting at a joint meeting, and if the bill is passed at such joint meeting, it shall be presented to the President for assent.
(4) Where the President, within thirty days after the presentation of the bill to him, fails to signify his assent or where he withholds assent, then the bill shall again be presented to the National Assembly sitting at a joint meeting, and if passed by two-thirds majority of members of both houses at such joint meeting, the bill shall become law and the assent of the President shall not be required.
(5) In this section, "joint finance committee" refers to the joint committee of the National Assembly on finance established pursuant to section 62(3) of this Constitution."
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by adeoba2008(m): 10:36am On Mar 30, 2017
I support NASS on this ....
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by K08(m): 10:41am On Mar 30, 2017
obajoey:
I'm equally interested. Pls, how do we achieve this? To acquire the visa is a herculean tax.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by sirmmykay(m): 10:42am On Mar 30, 2017
johnreh:
Until that bill is assented to by the president, peace corps have no morale and constitutional obligation to refer to itself and operate as paramilitary.

Get your fact before you type, as far as i'm concern, tey've neva paraded themselves as a paramilitary org. they've always called themselves an NGO patiently waiting for presidential ascent.
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by Pointblank09(m): 10:42am On Mar 30, 2017
Make una pass am ooo. My brother dey expect this job ooo.
we have spent over 50,000 for documentation.
NASS, Do the needful
Re: Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara by discusant: 10:45am On Mar 30, 2017
Loool. Even Speaker Dogara has taken to piss on President Buhari.

Buhari eroded his powers as president when he took to appointing only his kinsmen and cronies to man important positions in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon Visits Shehu Shagari (Photos) / DELE MOMODU Remembers MKO Abiola With Touching Throwback Message - Read / 2023: Reno Omokri Endorses Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.