Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday (1100 Views)

QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World / Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by badboym: 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2009
No One can prove that Jesus was born on the 25th of Dec and that's why it is.
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by badboym: 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2009
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by aggie80(f): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2009
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by AKO1(m): 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2009
badboym:

No One can prove that Jesus was born on the 25th of Dec and that's why it is.

That's why its merely a commemoration. If we can't prove the exact day we might as well choose a random day to celebrate the wonderful event. I'm sure Jesus doesn't mind.
N.B. I changed the title because I know there will probably be 10 more threads on this subject.
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by Knight1(m): 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2009
@poster
Can you present any evidence that even remotely suggests that Jesus couldn't have been born on Dec 25 or its equivalent in the calendar of the time?

So as someone said, it's a day of commemoration whether it's the actual date or not!!!!!
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by Knight1(m): 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2009
@poster
Can you present any evidence that even remotely suggests that Jesus couldn't have been born on Dec 25 or its equivalent in the calendar of the time?

So as someone said, it's a day of commemoration whether it's the actual date or not!!!!!
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 24, 2009
It is known worldwide that Date and time are based on the birth of Jesus christ. If you read acient history, you will see something like 200 years BC ( before christ) or like 1000 years AD ( after death). We are in 2009 years AD.

When Jesus was born, that is when they started counting the date. Jesus was born on the 25th of december and He was named on the First of January. seven days according to tradition which we are still using uptill now.
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by macIB(m): 7:29am On Dec 25, 2009
aksat:

It is known worldwide that Date and time are based on the birth of Jesus christ. If you read acient history, you will see something like 200 years BC ( before christ) or like 1000 years AD ( after death). We are in 2009 years AD.

When Jesus was born, that is when they started counting the date. Jesus was born on the 25th of december and He was named on the First of January. seven days according to tradition which we are still using uptill now.

This aksat is quite a funny guy ooo! Beta not be fanatical about all these BC/AD stuff

Which calendar are you referring to sef, The Jewish calender, Augustus calender or the Gregorian calender?

When you read your history very well, you will knw that Jesus was not born on the 25th of December and was not even named on the 1st of jan either!

But like others said, let us just commemorate the date and move on.

Digging deep will just open somethings you might not like about the day sef!
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by No2Atheism(m): 7:44am On Dec 25, 2009
macIB:

But like others said, let us just commemorate the date and move on.

Shall we continue to live in sin because we say salvation is by Grace. . .nope. . . hence it is wrong for you to claim that lets just continue to do something desite that:

- The Messiah was not born on 25th December

- no where in the bible were bible believers told to commemorate the birth of the Messiah.

- It is a sin when someone knows how to do good and yet does not do it.

- It is good to speak the truth about the lie of christmas when you know the truth . . . those who do not know the truth have the advantage of not knowing "good" hence they are not guilty of not doing what they do not know.

- It is heretic when someone does something contrary to what the bible tells us to do.

- It is one thing to be ignorant of christmas itself and hence claim ignorance of unknowing marking an unbiblical day, however it becomes another thing when we know we are not supposed to mark it and yet we go ahead to mark it all in the name of commemoration.

- It is not good when we choose to do what heretics are doing.

Digging deep will just open somethings you might not like about the day sef!

- That is exactly what a bible believer is supposed to do . . .

- A bible believer is supposed search the scriptures and learn the truth about why they are doing anything in order to make sure he or she is not being heretical.

- It is not comfortable trying not to comform, yet the bottom line is that if something truth has to be done, there is no two ways wrong it either you stand for the truth or you conform to the world.
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by macIB(m): 8:09am On Dec 25, 2009
Mr No2Atheism,

for your information, i give no freaking care about celebrating any birthday for Jesus or any god of any religion.

By commemorating, i mean I will go round to my friends who want to waste money unnecessarily and help them do it.

Digging deep, you will most likely throw away your so called bible sef, becos its history is flawed too. Just a compilation of some Jewish books by some Roman aristocrats, in the process destroying other books. Mind you I would have done a beta job!

So my friend forget this issue of "bible believing, scripture base stuff", it holds no water!

Beta go enjoy some turkey and nice food instead of ruminating over a flawed date calling it heretical, !
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by No2Atheism(m): 8:16am On Dec 25, 2009
macIB:

Mr No2Atheism,

for your information, i give no freaking care about celebrating any birthday for Jesus or any god of any religion.

By commemorating, i mean I will go round to my friends who want to waste money unnecessarily and help them do it.

Digging deep, you will most likely throw away your so called bible sef, becos its history is flawed too. Just a compilation of some Jewish books by some Roman aristocrats, in the process destroying other books. Mind you I would have done a beta job!

What exactly do you believe . . .

So my friend forget this issue of "bible believing, scripture base stuff", it holds no water!

- So if the bible is not your basis of knowing between right and wrong . . . what then is your basis when you choose to forget the bible believing scripture based stuff.

Beta go enjoy some turkey and nice food instead of ruminating over a flawed date calling it heretical, !

Sorry that does not apply to me cus its just like any other day as far as I am concerned hence i could careless. . .
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by spikedcylinder: 8:38am On Dec 25, 2009
A_K_O:

That's why its merely a commemoration. If we can't prove the exact day we might as well choose a random day to celebrate the wonderful event. I'm sure Jesus doesn't mind.
N.B. I changed the title because I know there will probably be 10 more threads on this subject.

Actually, a random date was NOT chosen. The whole idea of Christmas on the 25th was political in order to get the majority of the pagan worshippers ease into the newly introduced religion (Christianity) without changing much of their original religion. 25th was originally a date to celebrate the birth of their sun God - Sol Invictus.
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by macIB(m): 8:43am On Dec 25, 2009
What exactly do you believe  . . .

I am a spiritual person

I am not a dogma following individual = I am not a religious person.

I believe in God, I also believe in the TEACHINGS of Jesus, Mohammad and the deity Orunmila (yoruba god of wisdom),

but do not agree fully with the religion formed after them, they ve quite been corrupted.

So if the bible is not your basis of knowing between right and wrong
. . .

I do not believe the bible is the basis of knowing what is good or wrong! If i so believe, then I will be saying unequivocally that only Xtians know what is good or right. But my friend, for your information, THAT IS TOTALLY WRONG. I have met and lived with a lot of people who do not believe in the bible, but know and distinguish what is good from wrong. Name them, a Sikh, an atheist, a Muslim, a Buddhist, an Hindu, a traditionalist, all these guys do not believe fully or at all the bible but live a good life and nice one at that. Mind you the worst people and intolerant people i have met are the Xtians and it is sad!
You must know that God has given all of us a spirit to live a good life without succumbing to any religious dogma or book for guidance. We have God in us and we are made good but something went wrong somewhere, for another discussion!

Sorry that does not apply to me cus its just like any other day as far as I am concerned hence i could careless. . .

When you are on break and nothing to do, enjoy the day despite the fact that it is like any other day!

@ spikedcylinder

I concurr with your historical finding! thks
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2009
There is a saying that '' If there is no truth, then there is no lie '' that is; if the truth is not known, then a lie will continue to be the truth. Any of you who do not believe that Jesus was born on Dec 25 should provide a date that He was born with an evidence to prove it.
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by No2Atheism(m): 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2009
aksat:

There is a saying that   '' If there is no truth, then there is no lie ''  that is; if the truth is not known, then a lie will continue to be the truth. Any of you who do not believe that Jesus was born on Dec 25 should provide a date that He was born with an evidence to prove it.

- The date when he was born is irrelevant simply because you are assuming that it is relevant. . .

- The bible did not tell us the date when He was born. . .

- We know from Historical records that 25th December is a pagan day and that it has nothing to do with the Bible. . .

- The bottomline still remains that it is unbiblical to celebrate Christmas. . .
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by AKO1(m): 5:07pm On Dec 25, 2009
No2Atheism:

The bottomline still remains that it is unbiblical to celebrate Christmas. . .

Is it unbiblical to celebrate christmas on the 25th or unbiblical to commemorate the birth of Jesus or both?
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by No2Atheism(m): 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2009
A_K_O:

Is it unbiblical to celebrate christmas on the 25th or unbiblical to commemorate the birth of Jesus or both?

- Both . . .

- Even though it looks and sounds harmless that one should commemorate the birth of The Messiah. . .the bottome line still remains that: I do not know of a place in the bible that says the Church should celebrate His Birth.

- His birth was already celebrated when it occured . . .

- Heresy usually creeps into the Church through seemingly good and harmless things which are not biblical nonetheless. . .

- The Apostles did not celebrate His birth hence what excuse do we (those that are born after them) have for doing otherwise . . .

- The proclamation of the good news inherently celebrates the Messiah cus it shows we acknowledge that He was born, that He died for our iniquities and that He rose again on the third day . . .hence setting apart a particular day for the so called commemoration is simply unbiblical. . . no matter how sweet it sounds.
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by AKO1(m): 6:08pm On Dec 25, 2009
^ ^ ^
Okay. In this matter, I would say to every man his own. Celebrating Jesus' birth does Jesus nor man no harm.
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 26, 2009
No2Atheism:

- The date when he was born is irrelevant simply because you are assuming that it is relevant. . .

- We know from Historical records that 25th December is a pagan day and that it has nothing to do with the Bible. . .

- The bottomline still remains that it is unbiblical to celebrate Christmas. . .

@ No2Atheism you are just beating about the bush. if you cannot provide the date that Jesus was born then you have to shut up your mouth (sorry) and let us celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ.

Well, Christmas is not only a time for eating and having fun but a time to check your life and make amends. Many people are celebrating whom they did not know. Do you Know Jesus, the Reason for the Season? If not then you are definately not celebrating Christmas but something else. Give your life to Him today and you will never regret you did.
Re: Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday by No2Atheism(m): 7:50am On Dec 26, 2009
aksat:

@ No2Atheism you are just beating about the bush. if you cannot provide the date that Jesus was born then you have to shut up your mouth (sorry) and let us celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ.

- I don't do personal insults . . . please ask around on nairaland hence your insulting statements means nothing to me . . . and would not result in me stop saying what I am saying.

- Let me repeat:

I AM SAYING CHRISTMAS IS UNBIBLICAL MEANING THAT IT IS NOT IN THE BIBLE AND IT IS NOT SANCTIONED BY THE BIBLE.

- This means that the Bible did not tell us the date he was born . . . hence since the bible did not tell us the date he was born, no one knowns the date he was born.

- This means that anyone who chooses a date is wrong and heretical.

- This means that anyone who chooses to celebrate what the bible did not tell us to celebrate is wrong and heretical.

- This means that anyone who is asking for me to provide a date is merely using a straw man argument.

- I do not know the date and I don't care because it is irrelevant and not needed before I know that christmass is heretical.

- I know that 25th Decemember is a pagan date of worship . . . therefore once again i repeat:

Well, Christmas is not only a time for eating and having fun but a time to check your life and make amends. Many people are celebrating whom they did not know. Do you Know Jesus, the Reason for the Season? If not then you are definately not celebrating Christmas but something else. Give your life to Him today and you will never regret you did.

- Once again you show you do not know what you are talking about . . .

- When you know the Messiah, you do not need to celebrate Christmas . . .

- The Bible told us to keep The Creator's Words and to obey them . . .hence since Christmas is not in the bible and you are choosing to celebrate it (a pagan day), it means you are willingly choosing to give honour to false gods . . . despite that The Creator instructed us not to worship any graven image.

- Salvation has nothing to do with christmas . . . so stop trying to imply that there is a connection between Christmas and Salvation.

- Salvation inherently implies that the person agrees that he was born, that he died for our sins and that he rose again . . . and is seated at the right hand of The Father.

- Hence someone does not need to celebrate Christmas before acknowledging the birth, death and ressurrection of The Messiah. . . this is inherently implied when one accepts The Good News . . . and becomes a bible believer.

- The devil is capable of pretending to be an angel of light hence because you are using christian sounding words during Christmas still does not mean it is biblical . . .what is bad is bad, it does not have any other name . . .

Christmas is Heretical . . .if you believe it is not then please feel free to show me from The Bible.

(1) (Reply)

A Pastor’s Business Empire - Newswatch Magazine Review Of Chris Oyakhilome / New. / Pastor Stirs Up Controversy With Raunchy Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.