Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation (32470 Views)

Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D / Mike Ozekhome Vs Femi Falana On Ndume's Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Nalexgee1(m): 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2017
izzou:
Whether Buhari or Jonathan, our major problem is our senators. They are the worst,coupled with the fact that any criminal that loots as a governor, seeks solace there.

if you scrap the Senate, then States with large populations like Kano will pass laws for States with small populations like Ekiti.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by hero2000: 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
Adebowale89:

you're talking of going after saraki but what I'm campaigning for is the review of democracy

pls eversince National assembly has been in existence in Nigeria democracy. just list one benefit and their effect to a common Nigeria. judiciary and legislature nonsense is the problem of Nigeria.

scrap these NA and house of reps now and see how massively poverty will reduce in Nigeria
or

can we adopt another form of govt at least

sigh!

"scrap these NA and house of reps now and see how massively poverty will reduce in Nigeria". Even though I believe they earn way too much, your assertion is just wishful thinking! Or Voodoo economics at best!
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by hero2000: 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
Shoboy6h:
Section 171 (1) of the Nigerian constitution state and I quote : Power to appoint person to hold or act in the offices to which this section applies and to remove persons so appointed from any such office shall vest in the president..

And this is everything in the constitution abi? Kwantinue.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Adebowale89(m): 8:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
hero2000:

"scrap these NA and house of reps now and see how massively poverty will reduce in Nigeria". Even though I believe they earn way too much, your assertion is just wishful thinking! Or Voodoo economics at best!

out of 100% of Nigeria revenue, politics takes 70% out of it.

there are alots of programme that can be establish to help reduce poverty but how can this happen when there is no enough capital to exhibit it

what FG called capital project, is mostly enjoy by the rich and middle rich people. the poor people are really lacking behind

the poorest people in USA own a car
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by netmillionaires(m): 8:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
This trend is worrisome and annoying. I can't understand how senators will be making law without an input from the people they seek to represent. Everything each senator does at the NASS is based on personal opinion and does not represent the desire of the people .

I think it is high time a measure should be put in place to ensure that every action of a senator is guided by the instruction of the people in his/her constituency. For example, when the people of Y constituency need X, they should put it up at the contituency meeting and the senator XY will submit it to the senate. Other senators will then take the issue X to their constituencies for discussion and each returns to the NASS to vote based on the directive of his/her constituency. Also the constituents should wield the power to recall any disgraceful senator.

This way all these senators will stop passing into law only those things that enrich their pocket at the detriment of the people.

We Nigerians need to be more involved in governance. Our contribution shouldn't end with election.This is just my opinion. We can work on it to make it better.
izzou:
Whether Buhari or Jonathan, our major problem is our senators. They are the worst,coupled with the fact that any criminal that loots as a governor, seeks solace there.

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by afoobabs(m): 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
swagagolic01:

Buhari can't do anything to saraki, his that weak, saraki is a far better politician than Buhari,.... even a "clueless" GEJ had control of his senate, but the "people's general" have no clue on how to control only saraki.... grin grin
abegii which control gej had. he is just clueless and mumu for d senate then. gej and his houses are bird of a feather all fantastically corrupt and partners in crime
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by jaey(m): 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
kjhova:

Nope! That will be the height of dictatorship and the final trampling on our democratic pretensions. In fact, it will be nothing less than "the night of the long knives" and "the Reichstag fire" and can only be carried through by someone who is of a most Hitleric nature.

It is extra-constitutional and thus must never happen in our civilian experience.

What we are witnessing is the weakness of democracy in that a demagogue majority can wreck havoc on the whole population with their madness and folly.

All said, the worst democracy is still better than the most magnanimous dictatorship.

Thanks for your insight.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by freeze001(f): 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nukualofa:
So you are a Lawyer?

Issorite

I hope there's no problem though?
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by afoobabs(m): 8:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
CHESTER48:
he forgot that the za za other room can be impeached. Let him do nonsense now all senator's. Atleast few are against his nonsense nonsense
who will you now install if you impeach him I hope its not wot am thinking even wen yaradua was dead already they can't impeach him not to talk of bihari who is still breathing. It will be better if you declare a war than to impeach a northerner and install a southern unless he is confirmed dead
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by freeze001(f): 8:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
MORNDEW:

Senior colleague? You mean you are a lawyer and your comments on this forum lacks reasoning?

Lacks reasoning? Could that be because u expect me to be a zombie or stupidly pretend to be 'detribalised' while u and ur kind earn ur phds on d same ethnic bigotry?

I do not suffer fools gladly and u can be sure u'll be no exception.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by afoobabs(m): 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
skyfada:
IMPUNITY SHOULD FIRST BE REMOVED FROM THE PRESIDENCY THAT START THE GAME OF IMPUNITY BEFORE YOU START TALKING ABOUT THE SENATE. HOW MANY COURT CASES HAS THE PRESIDENCY OBEYED. ANY BODY COMING TO EQUITY MUST COME TO EQUITY WITH CLEAN HANDS. THEY ARE LUCKY AM NOT A SENATOR YET I SHOULD HAVE SLAPPED ALI THE MAN THAT REFUSED TO WEAR UNIFORM. HIS EYES SHOULD HAVE OPENED BY NOW. MTCHEWWW
kids do you even know hamid Alli is a retired military personnel (wen he talks you will pee in your pant ) its military tradition that any one who has serve in the military should never wear a paramilitary(custom, civil defense, FRSC and others) uniform
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by precious1967(m): 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
ds honourables are dog dt ll lost ll not hear d whistle of d hunter. they capitalise on d illness of d president to trouble his administration. ok o.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by BeardedMeat(m): 9:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
Where is the fire?
You mean body language?? grin. We warned them didn't we?
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by BeardedMeat(m): 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
akpasubi777:

Everybody will die so let him at least die in active service if that's the case. Idleness kills faster than activeness. MY POINT is that he will not die so let the legions of doom don't come and misquote me...

Kamburoba!
He is already a vegetable, that's the worst death.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by BeardedMeat(m): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
akpasubi777:

That's because he is not originally prepared to be fighting dirty with the Senate but to snap his fingers and there everywhere will be merriment for himself and all Nigerians accordingly but now that The Senate is getting on his way He will have to go through them. In doing that he has to be tactical so that people like you will not say Buhari is still a military dictator. Infact that tag is weighing on him but it's not realistic, the people calling him dictator are the real dictator...

Instead of you to be fueling the face-off i think you should be thinking about solving the puzzle. Be a good referee bro
You are a bloody hypocrite for saying that guy is fuelling the face off when your president's appointees, supposedly cultured men and women, who should conduct themselves in a way that downplays the bad blood BTW the presidency and Nass, but no! They are instead stoking the flame with unguarded statements, vulgar language and toutish display of arrogance!! People like Lair Mohammed the parrot, have you heard anything from him for or against? People like It's Enang who is the go BTW for the Nass and presidency, have you heard anything from him? These are well seasoned politicians who know the game! I just hope you people don't goad this clueless vegetable into more stupidity that will get him impeached.

1 Like

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
BeardedMeat:
He is already a vegetable, that's the worst death.

Na you get your mouth. If you come spy me for toilet I go mess put inside your mouth
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by BeardedMeat(m): 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
akpasubi777:

My friend stop jumping ships. I have read some of your posts. Are you for the presidency or for the ((((Rogue)))) Senators?
Rogue Senators indeed! My friend goan rest, you are tired! Even the people that white washed the old sepulchre knew he had nothing to offer but only rode on his popularity among his fellow killer herdsmen who are in the majority to get to the corridors of power. Senate is not his problem, his cluelessness is.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by BeardedMeat(m): 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
akpasubi777:

Na you get your mouth. If you come spy me for toilet I go mess put inside your mouth
You have a dirty habit! angry
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by UltimatedeBest(m): 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
Falana has been looking for appointment from time immemorial
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
BeardedMeat:
You are a bloody hypocrite for saying that guy is fuelling the face off when your president's appointees, supposedly cultured men and women, who should conduct themselves in a way that downplays the bad blood BTW the presidency and Nass, but no! They are instead stoking the flame with unguarded statements, vulgar language and toutish display of arrogance!! People like Lair Mohammed the parrot, have you heard anything from him for or against? People like It's Enang who is the go BTW for the Nass and presidency, have you heard anything from him? These are well seasoned politicians who know the game! I just hope you people don't goad this clueless vegetable into more stupidity that will get him impeached.

Eya so you have been missing them? Don't worry since you are waiting for their next release they will soon offload. E get season. Thanks
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
BeardedMeat:
You have a dirty habit! angry

Kettle calling pot black. Anyway I'm only trying to have fun or you want me to bore to death? Not happening for your information. cool
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Rogue Senators indeed! My friend goan rest, you are tired! Even the people that white washed the old sepulchre knew he had nothing to offer but only rode on his popularity among his fellow killer herdsmen who are in the majority to get to the corridors of power. Senate is not his problem, his cluelessness is.

Are you serious?
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by BeardedMeat(m): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
akpasubi777:

Eya so you have been missing them? Don't worry since you are waiting for their next release they will soon offload. E get season. Thanks
Read again with understanding if you may.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by sexyellency(m): 10:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
freeze001:

Lacks reasoning? Could that be because u expect me to be a zombie or stupidly pretend to be 'detribalised' while u and ur kind earn ur phds on d same ethnic bigotry?

I do not suffer fools gladly and u can be sure u'll be no exception.
Shut up ur mouth this law student and learn from what someone like ur HOD has written on dis forum.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Read again with understanding if you may.

I'm sorry did I miss something?
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by goaldynboy: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Day in, day out, my beloved President, is showing the world, he is too weak, too old to govern.....

Which president allows a congregation of criminals, certificate forgers, international rapist, drunkards mentally challenged entities masquerading as Senators to hold his government and offices to ridicule and public opprobrium?

Mr President, if you are bereft of ideas on how to tame the Senate...

Then do this now.....

A simple solution:

go after Saraki with all venom and you'll be dropping the cat among the pigeons. There will be outrage among the Senators at the outset but when the assault is sustained, most of them will see opportunities in adversity as somebody will have to replace him. That is when betrayal will assume the front seat.

You know, all of them are survivalists. Self preservation is the ultimate human trait as it drives most of our actions. Arrest Saraki this night and all hell will break loose tomorrow. Senators will threaten fire and hailstones, refuse to sit and all the sort.....but let Saraki spend the weekend in the gulag and you'll be shocked at the songs that some senators will start singing on Monday.

Try it, PMB.

Buhari.....do it now....

You think you are under military rule abi? Let your President try rubbish and see if he won't be impeached!!!
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by freeze001(f): 11:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
sexyellency:
Shut up ur mouth this law student and learn from what someone like ur HOD has written on dis forum.

Lol...u write like one totally spineless and broken. Who abused and twisted u this way?
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by sexyellency(m): 1:29am On Mar 31, 2017
freeze001:

Lol...u write like one totally spineless and broken. Who abused and twisted u this way?
Even though I'm sure you're just being matriculated, my dear go and read ur books for exams OK?
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by freeze001(f): 2:08am On Mar 31, 2017
sexyellency:
Even though I'm sure you're just being matriculated, my dear go and read ur books for exams OK?

Get counselling really quick, you're losing it.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Leader01(m): 7:35am On Mar 31, 2017
The current Senate under the leadership of Saraki and actor/comedian Malaye has failed Nigerians.

Let me pause before they will invite me to the Senate, they now have an unknown constitution to Nigerians they operating with which empowers them to disqualify Nigerians from been confirmed for appointment for baseless reasons and invite anyone who criticizes them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyo Gov Election result collation(Live update from inec office AGodi Via B.C.O.S / Buhari Had PTSD After Civil War - Aisha Buhari / Okorocha Shows Swag, Dances Shaku Shaku At His Senatorial Campaign Rally In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.