Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,039 members, 7,807,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? (3166 Views)

21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Don't Ladies Feel Ashamed Taking Photos In Hotel Rooms, Lobbies And Lavatories? / When A Man You Love Is Too Shy To Woo You, What Do You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by yemstrad(f): 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2005
Hi roomies,

I still find it difficult to see any nigerian lady making the first move at a guy (as in approach a guy seeking his luv). this is a common occurrence in the Western World, why not same back home?
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by sweetme(f): 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2005
well its very simple....we all know how people look at girls "who make the first move" they are perceived to be cheap, desperate and....spoilt. personally i feel if i ask a guy out he will have no respect for me, and the relationship wont last (dats if it starts at all) ANYWAY WOULD YOU TRULY LOVE AND RESPECT A GIRL WHO MAKES THE FIRST MOVE ON YOU?
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by yemstrad(f): 3:23pm On Dec 09, 2005
Sweetie, don't u think the guy will respect u for being bold enough to have gone for what you desire. As for me, i'll give the greatest respect to protect her pride.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by sweetme(f): 1:23am On Dec 10, 2005
hmm...dats wat u will say now, when it happens u might like it at first but trust me u will still not have dat respect for her...believe it or not (except u are just a very different kind of guy).....but i still say i wont do it sha
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by ijebuman(m): 2:28am On Dec 10, 2005
sweetme:

ANYWAY WOULD YOU TRULY LOVE AND RESPECT A GIRL WHO MAKES THE FIRST MOVE ON YOU?

Why not, it shows the woman is self assured and confident of who she is, my kind of woman anyday.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by Seun(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2005
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by rilla64: 7:59am On Dec 10, 2005
While in school, me and my friends took polls and did a research on this topic.
I will give details later
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by christyne(f): 1:06pm On Dec 10, 2005
Well, i think we all are diff in the way we reason.To some,the girl will be cherished cos she made d first move which shows her confidence.On d other side,she'll be taken as a cheap girl in which she'll be given no respect.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by IAH(f): 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2005
If that's what will make me seem confident to the guy, then I don't want to be confident. Which mouth will I use to talk that kain thing? embarassed
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by christyne(f): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2005
IAH:

If that's what will make me seem confident to the guy, then I don't want to be confident. Which mouth will I use to talk that kain thing? embarassed

Abi o,i like dt o jare.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by yemstrad(f): 11:12am On Dec 12, 2005
IAH:

It's a pity our learned babes are misrepresenting love here. If u genuinely love a guy, makin the first move will not be a big deal to you since u're sure of what u're going for.

To me, i cherish to high heavens; ladies that are confident enough to make the first move. I have experienced it and i'm happy that i did not disappoint the lady. Infact, love can cling to anythin no matter funny that thing is to survive.

The simple fact that I don't want her to regret that move made me to protect her interest to the highest possible level, even before my mum (the person i love most on earth - see my signature below).
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by babagana(m): 11:20am On Dec 12, 2005
Well I have in the past had some girls make their first move at me, but that did not make me disrespect them though the realationships never did last as I wanted. Now that you mentioned it I noticed that its a big deal for a lady to make the first move but not if the guy does yet we say what a man can do a woman can also do better. So is it a mans world? Yet we a say ladies first. Is it too difficult for men to ask them to take their responsibilties more seriously?

By the way, why is this much of a challenge to the beauties of our naija world.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by obanta(m): 11:26am On Dec 12, 2005
Naija girls are now perfect toaseter, once they have see what they like in you as a guy, I mean if you appeal to their loving mood, I bet you they can do anything to have you to the extends of drugging you if you a type that always take drinks at their respective home. Is an over statement saying naija or black girls don't make first move, they do and they do it in a manner that a man can real understand through the display of their "ego". Men naija girls are in good in making first move.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by yemstrad(f): 11:58am On Dec 12, 2005
babagana:

Well I have in the past had some girls make their first move at me, but that did not make me disrespect them though the realationships never did last as I wanted. Now that you mentioned it I noticed that its a big deal for a lady to make the first move but not if the guy does yet we say what a man can do a woman can also do better. So is it a mans world? Yet we a say ladies first. Is it too difficult for men to ask them to take their responsibilties more seriously?

By the way, why is this much of a challenge to the beauties of our Nigeria world.

I agree with you Babagana, ladies tend to invoke that saying (whatever man can do woman can do it even better) only when it benefits them directly and the benefit is immediate. Also, they sah Ladies First, only when there is a struggle for something of personal benefit.

obanta:

Nigeria girls are now perfect toaseter, once they have see what they like in you as a guy, I mean if you appeal to their loving mood, I bet you they can do anything to have you to the extends of drugging you if you a type that always take drinks at their respective home. Is an over statement saying Nigeria or black girls don't make first move, they do and they do it in a manner that a man can real understand through the display of their "ego". Men Nigeria girls are in good in making first move.

U got it wrong man, these ladies are here telling u they can't do it and u still try to push on their side. Even, when they do, they do it in such a way that may pass unnoticed by the intending guy. How about that?
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by xdos(m): 1:03pm On Dec 12, 2005
The women should aid the man in making the moves cos' atimes, men are a bit shy in doin dat
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by conscience(m): 6:00am On Dec 13, 2005
yemstrad:

Hi roomies,

I still find it difficult to see any Nigerian lady making the first move at a guy (as in approach a guy seeking his love). this is a common occurrence in the Western World, why not same back home?
Who told you Nigerian girls don't make the first move?
Stay around the Super Rich Guys and 'Stars'' and see the ''Animal boldness'' of Nigerian girls fighting and hustling for them.
GO AND MAKE MONEY FIRST MY DEAR YEMSTRAD, TO ENJOY THIS EXCLUSIVE RIGHT.
POOR YOU!
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by loretta(f): 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2005
I Disagree with u conscience, it is not about being Rich or a Star. I belive that when u desire something u go for it.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by jhydosky(m): 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2005
I strongly disagree with you loretta! Conscience is right. The rule here is "seek first to make money every other thing will be added unto you!"

Na true fact wey dey applyforour country..Good observation conscience!
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by yemstrad(f): 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2005
loretta:

I Disagree with u conscience, it is not about being Rich or a Star. I believe that when u desire something u go for it.

Loretta is right to some extent 'cos under normal circumstance, u go for what u desire. But who will desire a bad thing or who will not desire the best possible? Nobody, hence the usual approach of young ladies going for "ready made" guy.

conscience:

Who told you Nigerian girls don't make the first move?
Stay around the Super Rich Guys and 'Stars'' and see the ''Animal boldness'' of Nigerian girls fighting and hustling for them.
GO AND MAKE MONEY FIRST MY DEAR YEMSTRAD, TO ENJOY THIS EXCLUSIVE RIGHT.
POOR YOU!

Yes my man, u dey for road well well. The right our ladies have to desire good things is being over used. They over desire good things to the extent that average guys not to talk of poor ones have no hope of any beautiful gal except the wowo types.

Even ugly girls in Nigeria today have their eyes set on the rich guys arround irrespective of whether the rich guy is a CoCo pusher or not. U'll hear them say who cares, abeg CoCo my foot. Some do end up in BellView or Sosoliso -- appology for drawing this sad analogy.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by otokx(m): 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2005
naija girls they catch men wey get money like fish. Just rent a kia every sunday and also rent like a suit to all this yuppy churches. Make sure you rent different colours of kia with different colours of suit on different sundays. By the third sunday, they sure will come round as surely as the sun rises in the east.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by babagana(m): 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2005
Usually the first person to disagree with the fact that affluence is a determining factor will definately be a female despite knowing this is a fact. Don't get me wrong I am not a male Chauvinist. One can list the guys that have had the experince of ladies making the first move within his/her area and are in most cases loaded. Even during my school days that I had a similar experience my good friends were from the rich and famous so I was tagged one though I was far from being one. I think I agree with you guys just as in the Scar Face movie, get the dough first then the ladies will follow.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by Banderas(m): 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2005
Unfortunate, but the average Naija boy is quite immature emotionally, as well as being old fashioned (goes for Naija babes as well). So most naija guys can't handle being asked out, and most naija babes still beleive it's the man's responsibility.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by babagana(m): 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2005
Banderas:

Unfortunate, but the average Nigeria boy is quite immature emotionally, as well as being old fashioned (goes for Nigeria babes as well). So most Nigeria guys can't handle being asked out, and most Nigeria babes still beleive it's the man's responsibility.

Oh come on now banderas what d'yu think of guys in Naija here. I think you're not in touch with this country. this has nothing to do with emotional immaturity. Its more of sexes and tradition. Its simply not a ladies job its believed to ask guys out. Its more to do with tradition and societal expectation of poeple here. I cannot speak for the ladies but I do think they do not see it as there role to play the "spinner". Give us a break pls and not unders-etimate our maturity level. May be you guys there go to the moon to date and we date in our rotunda mud houses but we cannot be denied having a more stable emotional maturity.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by Banderas(m): 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2005
babagana:

Oh come on now banderas what d'yu think of guys in Nigeria here. I think you're not in touch with this country. this has nothing to do with emotional immaturity. Its more of sexes and tradition. Its simply not a ladies job its believed to ask guys out. Its more to do with tradition and societal expectation of poeple here. I cannot speak for the ladies but I do think they do not see it as there role to play the "spinner". Give us a break please and not unders-etimate our maturity level. May be you guys there go to the moon to date and we date in our rotunda mud houses but we cannot be denied having a more stable emotional maturity.

Hahaha. Well, considering the fact that I only moved here in May this year, I think I am in a really good position to rate Naija boys. But you do have a point there, it is more of a cultural thing than a maturity thing.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by conscience(m): 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2005
My brothers, don't fight over this issue.
In every part of the world......the magic wane for women is wealth,  stardom and class.
If you don't have it, make do with what you have.
Wealth, Stardom and class give power.
Women are attracted to these things like bees to honey.
Do you blame them
Afterall most Men will go for sexuality in women, before any other thing.
If you disagree with me, asnswer this question:
Why will a man leave madam with all nature's endorments, to go for House girls, Omota, His Secretary,
Secondary/university girls Etcetera?
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by Banderas(m): 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2005
I think that may be a matter of opinion. Everyone is attracted to power, but because it is more of a man's world, very often women have to go through a man to get these things. Men being attracted to sexuality is also relative. In today's world, most men will go after a combination of sexuality and intellect, sexuality on it's own is plain boring.

Regarding the housegirl matter, it doesn't always have to be sexuality, sometimes some men simply go for peace, quiet and a lack of competetion and agression. And of course there's always the "new cow syndrome"
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by terkimbi: 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2005
well we nigerian ladies are not all that civilised
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by acegenius(m): 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2005
Well Well Well as it is, once you see a naija girl who cares to make first move or not. I have been searching and searching and have not seen a naija lady make first move on me,

Me i dey look for naija wife, western lady, although they do all, but na my veritable Naija lady i still wan marry , so come at me oooo.
Me i dey look for naija wife, if you wan try first move try with me, get am for good profile sha ooooo!! if you dey usa the better so i no go think of how to dey file paper, becos naija lady whey make first move i have seen , are those who just wan do paper.

Well i still salute the naija lady culture!!

regards
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by yemstrad(f): 11:57am On Dec 17, 2005
terkimbi:

well we nigerian ladies are not all that civilised

I'm glad u accept the fact (whether sardonically or not) that Nigerian ladies are not all that civilised. This is the much revelation we've got so far.

There are no 2 ways to it, that aspect of the African culture / tradition should be refined. We don't have to always be straight jacketed (i.e. too rigid) in our consideration of issues.

Common guys and gals, the entire world is drifting forward. Let's us drift along and refine, if not eliminate some of the obsolete areas of the culture/tradition bequeathed by our fore fathers.

The World is dynamic and does not give room for stagnation.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by eveseh(f): 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2006
all women are shy,not only nigerian women undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by gidi1(m): 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2007
well, it's happened to me b4 and the relationship lasted for six years. I never disrespected her and we were happy until distance made us separate.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Feel Shy to Make the First Move? by Bedos(m): 6:23pm On Oct 09, 2007
It depends.

I am a living proof of that. My first girl friend made a move and she succeeded. Though now we are not together but it came to pass.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nigeria Boy Is In Love With Me / Man Gets Almost Knocked Out By Girl / A Man Says Hi And You Move Into His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.