Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,551 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:52 PM

Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices (7639 Views)

300k & 2 Infinix Note 7 Devices Up For Grabs / Samsung Plans To Double Its Africa’s Share To 20% In 5 Years / Samsung Names Refurbished Note 7 Devices 'Galaxy Note FE' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by ideologies(m): 1:01pm On Mar 30, 2017
September 2016, we reported that Samsung Mobile recalled Galaxy Note 7 device following one of the biggest product safety failures in tech history.

Following the incidence, Samsung hopes to refurbish the 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7 devices that it recalled after a battery fault led to some catching fire.

The company has released a statement regarding its plans to recycle Note 7 devices. The process comes in three parts: save salvageable components such as camera modules and semiconductors, extract metal parts with the help from “eco-friendly” third-party companies, and sell refurbished devices “where applicable.”

Don’t Miss – Samsung Galaxy S8 Release – see full Specs

The announcement appears to walk back on what Samsung initially pledged last fall, when it said it would dispose of the Note 7 and had no plans to repair or refurbish them. Instead, Samsung has confirmed it will work with local authorities and carriers to sell it as a refurbished device, rumored to come with a smaller battery to prevent it from overheating and catching fire. The company said available markets are to be determined as they work with local regulators to approve of the sale.

“The objective of introducing refurbished devices is solely to reduce and minimize any environmental impact,” Samsung told The Verge in a statement. It also hinted that the phone may be renamed entirely when more details are unveiled. “The product details including the name, technical specification and price range will be announced when the device is available. Samsung will not be offering refurbished Galaxy Note 7 devices for rent or sale in the US.”

Read Also – Samsung Mobile Recall Galaxy Note 7

The company also plans to recover and use or sell reusable components such as chips and camera modules and extract rare metals used in Note 7s such as copper, gold, nickel, and silver.

PayPorte...Your preferred online store
Would a consumer who heard and witnessed some of these stories in relation to the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, will they be encouraged to purchase it after its relaunch?

http://www.ideologieshub.com.ng/samsung-relaunch-refurbished-note-7/

Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by ideologies(m): 11:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
cool
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by Mouthgag: 7:23am On Apr 05, 2017
And they must not sell it more than 200 dollars because it is

REFUR undecided

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by clickbnkgod: 7:23am On Apr 05, 2017
I love my infinix, at least it is still relatively safe

Check my signature guys
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by itzemar(m): 7:24am On Apr 05, 2017
cool
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by Chrisozone: 7:24am On Apr 05, 2017
Ok. They should swap it with the one people have bought already with little money
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by jbkomo(m): 7:24am On Apr 05, 2017
I hope this is not luached only in nig. Cos anytin el entre dis country. It takes foreign developed country to expose lapses in product

1 Like

Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by yahmohy27: 7:25am On Apr 05, 2017
Are we not the one causing it ? Chai ,these people don see us finished
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by Kizobaba(m): 7:25am On Apr 05, 2017
ok
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by nfemi1: 7:26am On Apr 05, 2017
okay we will be on the lookout grin
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by martineverest(m): 7:26am On Apr 05, 2017
Terrorists... Their plan to bomb people won't work
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by Cunninlinguist: 7:27am On Apr 05, 2017
G
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by Ksslib(m): 7:30am On Apr 05, 2017
I don't care if it's from Samsung or if it's the amazing galaxy note 7, this should not be more 15-18k in Nigerian currency. Anything other than that, they should go bleep themselves.

Afterall, they would not be striking Us markets off their list if they were so sure of the quality of what they want to resell.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by NCP: 7:31am On Apr 05, 2017
Dem no force any body to buy am.

Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by maxiuc(m): 7:34am On Apr 05, 2017
NokiA blackberry Iphone lemme add gionee

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by CellTabRepairs: 7:34am On Apr 05, 2017
More money for tech support grin

Click My Name & View That Resource You Need To Earn Huge Cash Returns Very Quickly!
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by teeshawt(m): 7:41am On Apr 05, 2017
Ksslib:
I don't care if it's from Samsung or if it's the amazing galaxy note 7, this should not be more 15-18k in Nigerian currency. Anything other than that, they should go bleep themselves.

Afterall, they would not be striking Us markets off their list if they were so sure of the quality of what they want to resell.

just what i have to say..... are u a psychologist?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by Thisis2raw(m): 7:42am On Apr 05, 2017
I hope this one's wouldn't blow up like C4's
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by iceprinxy(m): 7:43am On Apr 05, 2017
Make I deg enjoy my Leagoo shark 1 with great features this phone don't have
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by jericco1(m): 7:50am On Apr 05, 2017
A welcome development.
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by twosquare(m): 7:52am On Apr 05, 2017
Samsung should just forget the whole thing...Note 7 IS DEAD. grin One of the failures that come with business.
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by Adesiji77: 8:02am On Apr 05, 2017
Trust Nigerians... cheesy
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by Ksslib(m): 8:05am On Apr 05, 2017
teeshawt:

just what i have to say..... are u a psychologist?
lol. Maybe
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by DollarAngel(m): 8:06am On Apr 05, 2017
Since it's refurbished, it should be Cheaper
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 05, 2017
ewww. I dont want a used up phone lipsrsealed

If i wanted a referbused liability, i would have bought 1 online undecided i dont want it from the manufacturer
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by MrBONE2(m): 8:15am On Apr 05, 2017
Launch Da next BOOMB grin in different dimension

Hope it comes with inbuilt
FIRE EXTERMINATOR grin

cc ritababe

should help us check it cos this would go a long way in saving lots of BONEBEINGS lifes. grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by akfeas(m): 8:22am On Apr 05, 2017
MrBONE2:
Launch Da next BOOMB grin in different dimension

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 8:38am On Apr 05, 2017
why relaunch the note7 ? didn't they want s8 to sell... am waiting for oneplus 5 tho.
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by omololu2020(m): 8:38am On Apr 05, 2017
I can't wait to get it when is out.i don use galaxy note 3 and presently using a note4.

But hope it won't be more than 50k sha
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 8:39am On Apr 05, 2017
[quote author=akfeas post=55277149][/quote] this got me grin
Re: Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices by paradigmshift(m): 9:07am On Apr 05, 2017
I will be the first to buy it...
love note series

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Spent N3.208 Trillion On Airtime In 2017 - New Telegraph / Multichoice To Launch Pay-per-view Subscription Mode To Dstv/gotv / How To Fix Your Bricked MTK Devices (SOFT + HARD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.