Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,948 members, 7,799,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? (1089 Views)

Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. / Man Settles Wife With N5m, Car, N100,000 Monthly Allowance To Quit Marriage / How Do I Quit My Marriage Of 2 Years Without Hurting Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by ivylyn: 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
I am a fresh graduate awaiting service. I met a guy last year and he asked to go see my people so we could start the marriage process. Since both my parents are late, I went to my mum's sister and she referred me to one of her sons who is a prophet and he said the guy is not my husband. My aunty's elder son is the one who sponsored me through school and his opinion is that I complete my service and get a job before talking about marriage. Again one of his(my big cousin that sponsored my education) in-laws has come up to say the said guy is not my husband that I should stop seeing him. It is pertinent to note that these people know nothing about the said guy, they've never met him or had a conversation with him, plus they have not given me any tangible reasons yet. Am at a cross road now, don't know what to do. Your advice will be well appreciated. thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by FvckShiT(m): 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
do what they fúçking say
Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by FvckShiT(m): 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
besides how fúçking well do you know this "guy"
Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by adadike281(f): 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
Follow your heart my dear to avoid future regrets. how did they know that he is not right for u?
Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by Acidosis(m): 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
You met a guy last year and he asked to see your people same year for marriage? just like that?

What's wrong with you people?

6 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2017
They've not met the guy, they know nothing about him, yet they know he isn't your husband, how?. I don't think this people want your happiness. Don't quit the relationship, tell your fiancé to give you some time to convince them, then talk to one who'll help you talk sense into them that the guy is who you want to be with.

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by ivylyn: 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
He asked this year not last year
Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by ivylyn: 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
FvckShiT:
do what they fúçking say

Why should i??
Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by sisisioge: 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
Babes calm down...

Just pretend to do what everyone says while you do what you want. Since they've not met the guy and him them...just recycle him next year! Go for your service, possibly get a job, continue to court the guy( if he's worth it), then spring him on them next year. Just rearrange the story a bit for them then.

By God's grace, if he's indeed not your husband you might find that out soon enough. So no need to fight or terrorise your people into acceptance. They don't know the dude just as you hardly know him. Take your time...no go jump pas your boundary. Good luck.

12 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by udumosam23(m): 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
I agree with sisi. Even if they know him. Just ask him to give you more time. Present him again after a year, perhaps by then you too must have known him better.
Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by almsofgold: 5:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by izzou(m): 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
ivylyn:
I am a fresh graduate awaiting service. I met a guy last year and he asked to go see my people so we could start the marriage process. Since both my parents are late, I went to my mum's sister and she referred me to one of her sons who is a prophet and he said the guy is not my husband. My aunty's elder son is the one who sponsored me through school and his opinion is that I complete my service and get a job before talking about marriage. Again one of his(my big cousin that sponsored my education) in-laws has come up to say the said guy is not my husband that I should stop seeing him. It is pertinent to note that these people know nothing about the said guy, they've never met him or had a conversation with him, plus they have not given me any tangible reasons yet. Am at a cross road now, don't know what to do. Your advice will be well appreciated. thanks.

Is this a scene on zeeworld or Telemundo?

You met a guy and sharp sharp,marriage don set?

I don't need to be a prophet to tell you that the marriage may be heading for the rocks

As for your prophetic relation,demand answers from him.

3 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by SlimHan(f): 7:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
I wonder where the place of "Dating" is in your relationship... Better take your time my sister. I heard marriage is an institution where you learn on daily basis.

3 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by mastermaestro(m): 7:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
Overnight marriage. cheesy Marriage isn't as flamboyant as a wedding ceremony. It isn't a one-day event. Why are you in haste? Do you have a deformity that he alone has accepted to manage? Grow up, please.
Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by TheeDetective: 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
Why are you so much in a hurry to marry somebody you met only yesterday? undecided You have not been long in courtship with him and you have allowed desperation to set in to settle down. You better follow the @bold advice your uncle gave you and don't be in a hurry to settle down.
ivylyn:

3 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
Acidosis:
You met a guy last year and he asked to see your people same year for marriage? just like that?

What's wrong with you people?

Lots of guys have exceeded the right time they were supposed to get married as a result of Long stay abroad or working for financial breakthrough hence would not have time for extensive courtship with their partner

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by keepingmum: 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
Why do you want to get married without a means of income? Irrespective of ur families view, I will never advise a woman to get hitched without her own source of income. it's very important especially when you barely know this man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
ivylyn:

Why should i??

All I can advise you is this....

Look closely into his face for close to 5 minutes that should tell you if that is the kind of man you would like to spend the rest of your life with

if your heart is glad with it. .. that's your husband

Another way to handle the issue of your families are by skipping the protocols....pregnancy !!

pls before you quote me remember I'm entitled to my opinion

thanks
Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by ivylyn: 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2017
To everyone that has commented, I say a very big thanks. Waiting a little while won't kill me or him. I've always had this opinion that life evolves every passing day, hence I've learnt not to compare myself with anybody. That fact that it worked for x doesn't guarantee it will work for y and vice versa . I rest my case in the hands of God. He has been faithful towards me till date, I trust him dangerously. I'm not desperate I just don't understand how people can wake up and draw conclusions about people they know virtually nothing about.
Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by ElsonMorali: 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
ivylyn:

Why should i??

Let him know their decision concerning the two of you.

If I were you I won't rush I to marriage with him.

Date each other for another year.

During that one year, make it an "operation know our families".

Let him visit your people often and you do the same with his family.

I promise you your family will change their tune, especially If he is a likeable fellow.
Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
sisisioge:
Babes calm down...

Just pretend to do what everyone says while you do what you want. Since they've not met the guy and him them...just recycle him next year! Go for your service, possibly get a job, continue to court the guy( if he's worth it), then spring him on them next year. Just rearrange the story a bit for them then.

By God's grace, if he's indeed not your husband you might find that out soon enough. So no need to fight or terrorise your people into acceptance. They don't know the dude just as you hardly know him. Take your time...no go jump pas your boundary. Good luck.
Smart lady
Re: What Do I Do? Go On Or Quit?? by olac21(m): 8:14am On Mar 31, 2017
How old are you??Let me know before i advise you miss!

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce Gives Birth To A Boy And A Girl - See Photos - / Video Of A Toddler Smoking Shisha Has Gone Viral / Rich Couple Cause Great Havoc Along Uniport Express (with Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.