Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Actress TYOASUE MGBATEMAN PATIENCE Talks How To Break Into The Movie Industry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actress TYOASUE MGBATEMAN PATIENCE Talks How To Break Into The Movie Industry (579 Views)

Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry / Nollywood Actress ENEMCHUKWU CHINELO ROSEMARY Talks How To Break Into The Movie / Robbers Break Into Dencia's Car In L.A, Cart Away Properties Worth 28million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Actress TYOASUE MGBATEMAN PATIENCE Talks How To Break Into The Movie Industry by omanifrank(m): 10:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
Fast Rising Nigerian Actress TYOASUE MGBATEMAN PATIENCE is a face to look out for in the Nigerian Movie and TV industry. In this exclusive interview with Omani Franklin's Blog she shares insider details on how to break into the movie industry and also gives us details about her career.

Tell us a bit about yourself.

I am a Nigerian actor, I was born on the 27th of september 1983 to a family of 4 (two girls and 2 boys). My educational background varies from Army children school Bonny cantonment Victoria island Lagos, Aunty ayos Girls’ comprehensive School Ikoyi Lagos, and Benue state university, Markudi. I like to play a lot while I get the job done but everyone that knows me say I am very disciplined and strict.

Why do you insist that we write your names in full

Well it is because my name is my identity, it tells who I am and it represents where I am from. I like it when people find it difficult to call my name and I have to teach them.

We heard you had a child out of wedlock.

Hahahahahahawaooo that’s very interesting. I always love it when people talk about me It makes me know that finally I am getting noticed. The baby is ours that’s all I can say.

Why did you decide to have a secret marriage people say its because you took another woman's man

I like simplicity, I am a quiet person and I do not fancy elaborate wedding/marriage ceremonies.

I never took another woman's husband. My husband was single and searching when we met.

Are you saying that you actually had the baby out of wedlock?

My adorable princess came from my husbands previous marriage. She is 4 very pretty and smart.

What point in your life did you decide you wanted to be an actress?

I decided to be an actor when everyone I came across would say I could do it and i thought to try it. I got an opportunity in 2007 to play a minor role as a nurse and the encouragement and feedback I got made me audition for a role in Uche Akwari’s growing Wild in 2009 and I got the part, Then I decided to work on my craft and I learnt on the job as one of Emem Isong’s first set of students, here we are today. Although I had not really put in all my feet in the industry I took some time off at certain periods to take up office jobs. The last job I took up was with Maybrands Limited which I had to quit at the last quarter of last year because it was becoming too stressful for me due to calls for roles. I actually had to take up a job to cope with family needs since I am the eldest and my siblings are all in school and my parents are aged. “hurstle to survive, no food for lazy man”

How did you break into the biz?

Breaking into the business for me was through auditions and referrals basically.

What challenges does an upcoming actor/actress face?

Challenges faced by up and coming talents in the business varies but majorly every up and coming actor find it hard to get an opportunity of a leading role in a movie because investors and producers fear making their money back since Nigerians hardly want to see a new face they don’t know in movies, so it’s always a challenge for up and coming acts to find that major break out opportunity.

What steps would they take to get their foot in the door?

As a new talent trying to get their foot in the door, they need a lot of hard work, good character, self-discipline, consistence, prayers and humility.

I know filming can be hectic, how long does it take to shoot a movie?

Ideally it takes an average of 25/30days to film a standard cine craft movie, depending on the logistics and production designing But our budget doesn’t permit us that luxury all the time so we sometimes have to work with producers that film a movie in less than 3weeks

How do you know what directors to work with?

Knowing what director to work with for me sometimes is based on whoever my producer contracts as the director but I have a bucket list for directors so I mostly consider that when taking scripts.

Is the industry more of a hustle to get roles thing or do you get scripts sent to you?

The industry is in both ways, you need to go out and audition for parts to get roles until you start getting scripts sent to you, meanwhile sometimes when you get the script sent to you, you still would have to audition/read for the part before getting the role.

What is the best way to achieve success in the Nigerian Movie industry?

The best way to achieve success in the Nigeria movie industry is through fervent prayers, patience and hard work.

What movie was the most challenging to film?

I have more than one movie it was a challenge to film and the challenges differ so I really can’t say which is most challenging right now.

What movie did you have the most fun on set?

So far, I had most fun on set while filming Emem Isong's ‘Dazzling Mirage’.

What should we be expecting this year?

A lot, this is just the beginning. I am set to rule the game, the best is yet to be seen

Advice for upcoming actors and actresses?

My Advice for up and coming actors is keep believing in yourself open your heart to every possibility, be talented, have a good character, know and work on your craft, always be ready for that opportunity, be very humble and disciplined, know what you want and go for it, get a lawyer (lol) and most importantly Pray for God’s grace.

(1) (Reply)

Fans Rushed Davido At The Airport As He Returned From Cape Town To Lagos(pics,vi / 5 Times Ebuka Obi-uchendu Elegantly Showcased His Heritage On BB Naija Live Evic / Beautiful Pic Of Banky W, His Parents & Wife-to-be Adesua… Celebrities React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.