Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration (58309 Views)

Corper Abu Bakr Bilyamin Receives N198,000 Instead Of N19,800 Monthly Allawee / Certificates Acquired During NYSC / What To Do During NYSC To Secure An Internship/job Afterwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 9:09am On Apr 01, 2017
SmartTom:
thatz cool but what about religious differences, like going to church and keeping late hour?

Kano have churches more than many southern States but the churches are located in Sabon Gari. Kano is busy until 1:00 a.m.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by dawud723: 9:09am On Apr 01, 2017
Thanks for sharing your experience why Prospective NYSC Corps Members should serve in kano state, other people from various state should also please share their experiences.
_______HAPPY NEW MONTH_____
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by omosefeeguaibor(f): 9:11am On Apr 01, 2017
This is useful, I had to make a comment so I can follow this thread when I need it
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by joinnow: 9:18am On Apr 01, 2017
FriendNG:

Hahaha. The industries in Kaduna is not 1/30 of what kano has in Sharada industrial Area in kano.

Kaduna is centre of learning but let's see the few of what kano have in education.

1. Bayero University Kano
2. Nigerian Police Academy Kano
3. Nort-West University Kano
4. Kano University Of Science And Technology

Kano is the first Nigerian Northern State to established two state own universities.

5. Federal College Of Education Kano
6. Federal College Of Agricultural Produce
Technology
7. Federal College Of Education Bichi
8. Sa'adatu Rimi College Of Education Kano
9. Kano State Polytechnic
10. Muhammad Abdullahi Wase Polytechnic

11. Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital School Of
Nursing
12. Kano State School Of Nursing And Midwifery
13. School Of Post Basic Nursing Gezawa
14. School Of Nursing Danbatta
15. School Of Nursing Madobi
16. Health Technology Kano
17. Health Technology Bebeji
18. School Of Hygiene Kano

19. Aminu Kano school For Legal Studies
20. Informatics Institute Kano
21. Audu Bako School Of Agriculture

Kano is Nigeria's second most substantial metropolitan
domain after lagos comprising eight local
government as supercity with a total expanse of
499km2.

Tourism and Everything Kano has it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3416014/kano-nigerias-largest-state-second.

For pictures visit
https://www.nairaland.com/3348783/beautiful-city-kano

Education
A number of notable educational institutions in the country are located in the State. They are:
1. Nigerian Defence Academy,
2 Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria,
3.Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria,
4.Kaduna State University,
5.Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna,
6.Nigerian College of Aviation, Zaria,
7. College of Education Gidan Waya-Kafanchan, 8.Shehu Idris College of Health Health Sciences And Technology-Makarfi,
9.College of Nursing-Kafanchan
10.Institute of Leather Research-Zaria
11.Federal College of Education-Zaria
12.National Open University of Nigeria
13.National Water Resources Institute, Kaduna
14.Nigeria college of aviation technology, Zaria
15.Nigerian Institute of transport technology, Zaria
16.School of Nursing and Midwifery Wusasa
17.Nigerian Institute for Trypanosomiasis Research
18.National Teachers institute
19.Federal college of forestry mechanization
20. Federal College chemical & leather technology
21. Federal school Of Statistic
22.Federal Training Center
23.School of Health Technology Markarfi
24.School of Nursing Kakuri
25. Technical College Malali
26.others
Just check the level Kaduna all the way.kaduna has more federal Govt presence than Kano.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Umehnnamdi(m): 9:27am On Apr 01, 2017
nigconnect:
Nice info
Until they leave dagger in your head undecided
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 9:36am On Apr 01, 2017
joinnow:

Education
A number of notable educational institutions in the country are located in the State. They are:
7. College of Education Gidan Waya-Kafanchan, 8.Shehu Idris College of Health Health Sciences And Technology-Makarfi,
18.Nigerian Teachers institute
19.others
Just check the level Kaduna all the way.kaduna has more federal Govt presence than Kano.

Federal presence or State presence or local government presence no bi the argument. Kaduna is no match 4 kano. God Bless Kano Governors. Weda na state develop kano or federal is non of our concern. Only Lagos and Abuja supersede kano.
Continue to believe what u like.

zealot4me:

U better wake up
I was born and brought up in kaduna
Kano is way ahead
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by chimaobinelson(m): 9:46am On Apr 01, 2017
Fundamentalist:
I can agree with most of the issues raised by OP except the issue of light . I actually served in kano, I left in 2014 and I know light is epileptic. It was even worse in the viilage were I served (albasu LGA) .
im highly elated to read u senior colleague,
im currently serving in kano and Albasu to be precise,but jus have to relocate to Wudil due to the untold hardship down there. for record sake Albasu hav nt had lik fr more dan 3 yrs.
Again am happy to read u
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 9:46am On Apr 01, 2017
joinnow:

Only ABU overshadowed all the above mention school.

Which Abu? The one wey dey award fake certificate?
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Demmzy15(m): 9:51am On Apr 01, 2017
FriendNG:

Yeah I dey 4 kano but not studying in Kano.
Toh, I dey come Kano be that in 2019 Insha'Allah. May Allaah spare our lives!
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 9:56am On Apr 01, 2017
Demmzy15:
Toh, I dey come Kano be that in 2019 Insha'Allah. May Allaah spare our lives!

Ameen. Up on till then we shall see.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by joinnow: 10:11am On Apr 01, 2017
FriendNG:

Federal presence or State presence or local government presence no bi the argument. Kaduna is no match 4 kano. God Bless Kano Governors. Weda na state develop kano or federal is non of our concern. Only Lagos and Abuja supersede kano.
Continue to believe what u like.

Hold your Ear
Always, get your fact right before you rush to post.
Kaduna get more education presnce
More infrastructure than kano
Education institution in Kaduna State
26.others
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Raemond(m): 10:13am On Apr 01, 2017
mrphysics:
Lalasticlala, Seun, and other moderators, please, do the needful.

I am currently in kano, i will to get in touch with u. i just sent u a mail.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by ikehuchenna: 10:14am On Apr 01, 2017
I remain so grateful to God that he facilitated my posting to kano state when i was busy trying to push myself to Akwa-ibom.I came to kano and everything started working fine for me right from my place of PPA till my POP day.The indigens are quite accomodating if u collaborate with them well,cost of living remains very friendly to beginers,business and job opportunity is quite high here in kano state.As a matter of fact i have now made kano state my resident base after my service year.Long live Nigeria!Long live NYSC!!Long live Kano state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by brimoknight(m): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2017
Unlike one state in the East, That the governor is only the governor of the media. If you mistakenly go out with any form of idntification as a corper, my dear sorry is you name. They will extort you till you confess
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 10:15am On Apr 01, 2017
joinnow:

Hold your Ear
Always, get your fact right before you rush to post.
Kaduna get more education presnce
More infrastructure than kano
Education institution in Kaduna State
26.others

Let me just allow you to live in denial.

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by joinnow: 10:21am On Apr 01, 2017
FriendNG:

Let me just allow you to live in denial.

Iike it's only this one flyover is the only infrastructure Kano get. Why only this picture
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by noziz(m): 10:24am On Apr 01, 2017
malware:

Hahaha bros that 2k can take care of your tomatoes, pepper, onions, and even groundnut oil for the month.

what will now be my savings or 20k the poster intended to write? 2k small die! and he shock me like shoki grin
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by joinnow: 10:24am On Apr 01, 2017
ikehuchenna:
I remain so grateful to God that he facilitated my posting to kano state when i was busy trying to push myself to Akwa-ibom.I came to kano and everything started working fine for me right from my place of PPA till my POP day.The indigens are quite accomodating if u collaborate with them well,cost of living remains very friendly to beginers,business and job opportunity is quite high here in kano state.As a matter of fact i have now made kano state my resident base after my service year.Long live Nigeria!Long live NYSC!!Long live Kano state.

Bros
Just only one religious riot u will regret u staying there. Go ask your mother at home her prayer point now you are in Kano.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Yobii(m): 10:26am On Apr 01, 2017
[quote author=mrphysics post=55133673]This might sound as a shock against the popular belief people have. Well, I will be passing out on Friday, 7th April, 2017. Having been in NYSC scheme for a year, I think I am in the best position to make my analysis. Well, so many persons believe that Abuja and Akwa Ibom state will be their first and second choice for NYSC, but the truth is that, Kano state is actually better than the duo state. Here are my humble submission.

State Allowance
Unlike what it used to be before, Akwa Ibom is no longer paying the N10,000 monthly allowance to corps members, same as Abuja, and hence there is no need going to these states. While N5,000 in Kano is equivalent to N20,000 in Abuja and Akwa Ibom, i wonder why anyone will not go for Kano. Kano state has started paying corps member, they started with this Batch A who are about to pass out. Hence, since N5000 in Kano is equivalent to N20,000 in Abuja and Akwa Ibom, choosing the two state is to live a life of no savings during the service year.

Place of Primary Assignment
If you are looking for a good place to be during your service year, then Kano state should be your first choice. With lots of industries using NYSC labour, Kano state has proven to absorb more corps members than most other states. As a commercial city, Kano has become a home to numerous corps members who have gotten a work or gotten themselves in different business while serving their country.

Cheap Food
Let's just say that, a sachet of water is still sold for N5 in Kano, a cup of beans sold for N40 in Kano, these prices is what you will never get in Abuja or Akwa Ibom. My colleagues serving in both states have been crying, that though some PPA's pays N10k, it becomes useless as the purchasing power of money is low in the two states. I still buy my tomatoes for N40, pepper N10, and Onions N10, these items will be in good quantity except if you are serving in Sabon gari where Igbo's and Yoruba's dominate for business purposes. Things are relatively cheap over here and there is no way your N19800, won't remain at the end of the month.

Security
For one year that I have been in Kano, I can tell you that we have enjoyed a peaceful atmosphere and everything has been going well. The NYSC officials has been great in the affairs of corps members. You are highly respected by the people for being a corps member and they regard and respect your security. Just go with your I.D card and you are always safe anywhere.

Development
So many persons who have not being to kano think that the city is not developed simply because it is located in the north. The reverse is the case. The truth is that, Kano is more developed than Akwa Ibom ( I have been to this state severally), Enugu, and other states. The infrastructural development in Kano beats that of kaduna, so feel free, you are coming to the biggest city in the North.

Light
Well, let me say that Kano State enjoy constant light. And it is even better when serving in the village. Some corps members do not pay for light, while others pay as low as N100. Unlike what is obtainable in Abuja and Akwa Ibom. My colleague in Akwa Ibom and Abuja always complain about light, though it may depend on which part of the state they are. But even if you stay in Kano village, just be assured that you will always have light.

From the above reasons, I urge 2017 batch A prospective corps members to avoid making mistakes their colleagues make by choosing Akwa Ibom or Abuja and end up crying on the long run. N19800 is too little to depend on, or even paying higher amount for nothing. You are choosing Abuja, can you afford the transportation? Abuja is not for N19800 corpers. You are choosing Akwa Ibom, can you feed yourself for a month with N19800 and still have a savings?.
If you finally make it to kano, and you are posted to the city, send me an email, I will link you up to a good PPA, especially those that would be posted to Gwale Local Government. Thanks and have a nice service year.

Dedicated to Pocohantas

kano kind of intersted
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by DisGuy: 10:27am On Apr 01, 2017
Na wa o

some few weeks in Kano this graduate that never left his village in the east was telling us all how people get killed for smoking or talking to muslim women

Glad you stayed the course and gained enough experience for your future endeavours

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by mayorski01(m): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2017
DisGuy:
Na wa o

some few weeks in Kano this graduate that never left his village in the east was telling us all how people get killed for smoking or talking to muslim women

Glad you stayed the course and gained enough experience for your future endeavours

Good luck

lol. thats bull crap. i have dated quite a few muslim and hausa girls and im still alive atleast.
The thing about kano is there are boundaries, if you live amongst the locals you are expeced to be morally sound. but you can also live outside of kano metropolis in places like sabon gari and act how you like
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 10:36am On Apr 01, 2017
joinnow:

Iike it's only this one flyover is the only infrastructure Kano get. Why only this picture

Show us Kaduna flyover na?

The first picture is Africa's #1 underpass. It cannot be found in: Lagos, Abuja, Nairobi, Johannesburg, Cairo. Those world cities don't have this infrastructure talkless of the villages called Kaduna. It is obtainable in Saudi Arabi. I can give you it video if u want. Located in Sharada.

The second underpass is Kabuga underpass along Buk road.

The third picture is northwest university. Spew trash and I will post more.

Now show us what Kaduna has to offer, that it can be compared to Kano. No development in Kaduna only bad roads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by joinnow: 10:43am On Apr 01, 2017
FriendNG:

Which Abu? The one wey dey award fake certificate?

And they have produced

PRESIDENT

1. Umaru Musa Yar'adua, GCFR

VICE PRESIDENTS

1. Oladipo Diya, GCON
2. Atiku Abubakar, GCON
3. Namadi Sambo, GCON

SPEAKER

1. Ghali Umar Na'Abba

CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA, CJN

1. Alouysius Iyorgyer Katsina-Alu, SAN
2. Idris Legbo Kutigi, GCON
3. Dahiru Musdapher, SAN
4. Muhammad Lawal Uwais, GCON
5. Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad
6. James Ogenyi Ogebe
7. Saifullahi Muntaka Coomassie
8.Mahmud Muhammed - Current

ECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERATION

1. Dr. Gidado Idris
2. Mahmud Yayele Ahmed
3. Engr. Babachir David Lawal - current

HEAD OF SERVICE FEDERATION

1. Dr. Danladi Irmiya Kifasit

GOVERNORS

1. Nasir Ahmad El-rufai, Current KAD
2. Abdullahi U. Ganduje, Current KAN
3. Samuel I. Ortom, Current BENt
4. Umaru T. Al-makura, Current NAS
5. Ibrahim H. Dankwambo, Current GOM
6. Ibrahim Geidam, Current YOB
7. Badaru Abubakar, Current JIG
8. Darius Ishaku, Current TAR
9. Muh'd A. Abubakar, Current BAU
10. Simon Lalong, Current PLA
11. Ahmad M. Makarfi, Fmr. KAD
12. Ibarhim S. Shema, Fmr. KAT
13. Donald Duke, Fmr. CRS
14. Patrick I. Yakowa, Fmr. KAD
15. Isa Yuguda, Fmr. BAU
16. Danbaba D. Suntai, Fmr. TAR
17. Mukhtar R. Yero, Fmr. KAD
18. Bukar A. Ibrahim, Fmr. YOB
19. Ibrahim N. D. Gari, Fmr. KEB
20. Mohammed Bawa, Fmr. EKT
21. Adamu A. Muazu, Fmr. BAU
22. Ibrahim Shekarau, Fmr. KAN
23. Umaru Yar'adua, Fmr. KAT
24. Barnabas Gemade, Fmr. BEN
25. James B. Ngillari, Fmr ADA

MINISTERS

1. Aisha Jummai Alhassan - women aff
2. Muh'd Bello Adoke - Justice
3. Jerry Gana - Information
4. Shamsudeen Usman - National Planning
5. Rilwanu Lukman - Petroleum
6. Nenadi Esther - Finance
7. Maryam Ciroma -
8. Umaru Dembo - Petroleum
9. Nasir el-Rufai - FCT
10. Samuel Ioraer Ortom - Trade/Investment
11. Darius Ishaku - NDDC
12. Ruqayya A. Rufai - Education
13. Ibrahim Shekarau - Education
14. Hadiza Mai-Lafiya - Environment

NNPC General Managing Directors

1. Shehu Ladan, GMD NNPC
2. Andrew Yakubu, GMD NNPC
3. James T. Dawha, GMD NNPC

IGP/DSS/EFCC

1. Solomon Arase - current IGP
2. Lawal Daura - Acting DG SSS
3. Ibrahim Lamorde - current DG EFCC
4. Afakriya Gadzama - Fmr DG SSS
5. Nuhu Ribadu - Fmr DG EFCC

ACADEMICIANS

1. Prof. Ayodele Awojobi, Scientist at UNILAG
2. Prof. Ibrahim H. Umar, fmr. VC BUK & VC
FUTMinna
3. Ussif Rashid Sumaila, Economist
4. Prof. Isa Marte Hussaini, Professor of
pharmacology
5. Dr. Aminu Safana, Neuro-surgeon
6. Prof. Abdullahi Mustapha, Pharmacist
7. Prof. Andrew J. Nok, Biochemist &
Commissioner of Health Kaduna State
8. Prof. Ibrahim Garba, Geologist
9. Prof. Ango Abdullahi, Chairman ACF, Agronomist
& fmr. VC
10. Prof. Lawal Khalid, CMD ABUTH

OTHERS

1. Attahiru Jega, Fmr. Chairman INEC
2. Gen. Azubike Ihejirika, Fmr. CoAS
3. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Fmr. CBN Governor &
Emir of Kano
4. Aisha Buhari, First Lady
5. Turai Yar'adua, Fmr. First lady
6. Ibrahim Boyi, CEO Peugeot Automobile Nigeria
Limited
7. Suleiman Barau, Deputy Governor CBN
8. Mansur Mukhtar, Fmr. Executive Director World
Bank
9. Rilwanu Lukman, Fmr. President OPEC

and many more

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2017
Incomplete list without Senator Shiek Dino Melaye.

joinnow:

And they have produced

PRESIDENT

1. Umaru Musa Yar'adua, GCFR

VICE PRESIDENTS

1. Oladipo Diya, GCON
2. Atiku Abubakar, GCON
3. Namadi Sambo, GCON

SPEAKER

1. Ghali Umar Na'Abba

CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA, CJN

1. Alouysius Iyorgyer Katsina-Alu, SAN
2. Idris Legbo Kutigi, GCON
3. Dahiru Musdapher, SAN
4. Muhammad Lawal Uwais, GCON
5. Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad
6. James Ogenyi Ogebe
7. Saifullahi Muntaka Coomassie
8.Mahmud Muhammed - Current

ECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERATION

1. Dr. Gidado Idris
2. Mahmud Yayele Ahmed
3. Engr. Babachir David Lawal - current

HEAD OF SERVICE FEDERATION

1. Dr. Danladi Irmiya Kifasit

GOVERNORS

1. Nasir Ahmad El-rufai, Current KAD
2. Abdullahi U. Ganduje, Current KAN
3. Samuel I. Ortom, Current BENt
4. Umaru T. Al-makura, Current NAS
5. Ibrahim H. Dankwambo, Current GOM
6. Ibrahim Geidam, Current YOB
7. Badaru Abubakar, Current JIG
8. Darius Ishaku, Current TAR
9. Muh'd A. Abubakar, Current BAU
10. Simon Lalong, Current PLA
11. Ahmad M. Makarfi, Fmr. KAD
12. Ibarhim S. Shema, Fmr. KAT
13. Donald Duke, Fmr. CRS
14. Patrick I. Yakowa, Fmr. KAD
15. Isa Yuguda, Fmr. BAU
16. Danbaba D. Suntai, Fmr. TAR
17. Mukhtar R. Yero, Fmr. KAD
18. Bukar A. Ibrahim, Fmr. YOB
19. Ibrahim N. D. Gari, Fmr. KEB
20. Mohammed Bawa, Fmr. EKT
21. Adamu A. Muazu, Fmr. BAU
22. Ibrahim Shekarau, Fmr. KAN
23. Umaru Yar'adua, Fmr. KAT
24. Barnabas Gemade, Fmr. BEN
25. James B. Ngillari, Fmr ADA

MINISTERS

1. Aisha Jummai Alhassan - women aff
2. Muh'd Bello Adoke - Justice
3. Jerry Gana - Information
4. Shamsudeen Usman - National Planning
5. Rilwanu Lukman - Petroleum
6. Nenadi Esther - Finance
7. Maryam Ciroma -
8. Umaru Dembo - Petroleum
9. Nasir el-Rufai - FCT
10. Samuel Ioraer Ortom - Trade/Investment
11. Darius Ishaku - NDDC
12. Ruqayya A. Rufai - Education
13. Ibrahim Shekarau - Education
14. Hadiza Mai-Lafiya - Environment

NNPC General Managing Directors

1. Shehu Ladan, GMD NNPC
2. Andrew Yakubu, GMD NNPC
3. James T. Dawha, GMD NNPC

IGP/DSS/EFCC

1. Solomon Arase - current IGP
2. Lawal Daura - Acting DG SSS
3. Ibrahim Lamorde - current DG EFCC
4. Afakriya Gadzama - Fmr DG SSS
5. Nuhu Ribadu - Fmr DG EFCC

ACADEMICIANS

1. Prof. Ayodele Awojobi, Scientist at UNILAG
2. Prof. Ibrahim H. Umar, fmr. VC BUK & VC
FUTMinna
3. Ussif Rashid Sumaila, Economist
4. Prof. Isa Marte Hussaini, Professor of
pharmacology
5. Dr. Aminu Safana, Neuro-surgeon
6. Prof. Abdullahi Mustapha, Pharmacist
7. Prof. Andrew J. Nok, Biochemist &
Commissioner of Health Kaduna State
8. Prof. Ibrahim Garba, Geologist
9. Prof. Ango Abdullahi, Chairman ACF, Agronomist
& fmr. VC
10. Prof. Lawal Khalid, CMD ABUTH

OTHERS

1. Attahiru Jega, Fmr. Chairman INEC
2. Gen. Azubike Ihejirika, Fmr. CoAS
3. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Fmr. CBN Governor &
Emir of Kano
4. Aisha Buhari, First Lady
5. Turai Yar'adua, Fmr. First lady
6. Ibrahim Boyi, CEO Peugeot Automobile Nigeria
Limited
7. Suleiman Barau, Deputy Governor CBN
8. Mansur Mukhtar, Fmr. Executive Director World
Bank
9. Rilwanu Lukman, Fmr. President OPEC

and many more
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 10:48am On Apr 01, 2017
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by DisGuy: 10:50am On Apr 01, 2017
mayorski01:

lol. thats bull crap. i have dated quite a few muslim and hausa girls and im still alive atleast.
The thing about kano is there are boundaries, if you live amongst the locals you are expeced to be morally sound. but you can also live outside of kano metropolis in places like sabon gari and act how you like

You should have seen his earlier treads. this dude was talking authoritatively. I just had to unfollow his bullcrap. You could tell he's never lived amongst other tribes or cultures before. Thank God he is exposed a bit now and has a more balanced view

Perhaps the NYSC is good for somethings afterall
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by joinnow: 10:52am On Apr 01, 2017
FriendNG:

Incomplete list without Senator Shiek Dino Melaye.

He is in many more grin
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 10:54am On Apr 01, 2017
DisGuy:
Na wa o

Good luck

I could remember the thread. Small thing they will cut your hand in Kano because of Sharia.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by joinnow: 10:57am On Apr 01, 2017
FriendNG:
Read this:

https://www.nairaland.com/3416014/kano-nigerias-largest-state-second

See pictures here.

https://www.nairaland.com/3348783/beautiful-city-kano

For Leisure time. See this

https://www.nairaland.com/3283341/audu-bako-zoological-garden-kano

https://www.nairaland.com/3369421/roxy-amusement-park-kano-video

Cc: joinnow this will cure your disease.

If only your disease has been cured by my list.
People like you will come tomorrow and said Kano has more population than Lagos.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Misterdhee1(m): 10:58am On Apr 01, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Excuse me sir.
I do not speak from hearsay.

I have lived and worked in Kano. I have stayed in Nassarawa GRA and Sabon Gari. I even had a government appointment after NYSC and was posted to Gwarzo.

The foreigners in Kano live in a state of siege.
The Ibo traders living in Sabon-gari sleep with one eye open.
They have armories where they store their weapons in preparation for the next crisis.

On friday the almajiris come out of nowhere and flood the city begging. Some people call them 'Kano choristers'.
God bless you if they decide to mob you

While it is true that there is violence everywhere in Nigeria, the violence in the North is unpredictable, sporadic and fueled by politics and religion.
People are killed for things they know nothing about and corpers are targets. Nobody will attack and kill you in Akwa-Ibom because somebody in a market somewhere insulted Jesus Christ.

If you are looking for examples of unprovoked Kano violence then you are certainly not a citizen of Nigeria or you have been hiding under a rock for a long while. A simple google search will reveal incidents of violence in Kano against settlers dating back to 1922.

You northerners (which I assume you to be) are so wearying. undecided angry
You have the right to your opinion. My dad and many of his associates worked there for many years. So i equally have the right to my opinion. Mind you i am a Yoruba.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 11:02am On Apr 01, 2017
joinnow:

If only your disease has been cured by my list.
People like you will come tomorrow and said Kano has more population than Lagos.

I am waiting for you to present Kaduna flyovers and underpass in Kaduna. And to dispute the claim that underpass is nowhere obtainable in Africa except Kano. Not even Abuja or Lagos talkless of the village Kaduna.

Before nko? Kano state has the largest population than any other State. Show me Kaduna infrastructure shameless liar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

2 Ebonyi Corpers To Wed, Pre-wedding Photos Released / NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading / FG Increases NYSC Allowance To N49,800 - APC Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.